The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3101  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I don't think the media cares about embarrassing Meghan. It's all about publicity and clicks on their website. The antics of Sam, Thomas Jr. and Thomas Sr. are like an accident you know you shouldn't look at but can't stop staring.

Look at us...we are still talking about them!

As previously said, when the wedding fever dies down and harry and Meghan go about their lives, some of the Markle's will fade again. They will never go away because they like the attention too much (and maybe the dollars) but at some point even the most vocal Sam and Thomas Jr. fans are going to say...okay this is too much.
Honestly, the IRS has better things to do than watch how many interview she does. Corporations that paid her will be required to issue her a 1099-Misc unless she is incorporated, in which case she does have to provide a W-9. Once that’s in the IRS system, it’s all automatic.
__________________

  #3102  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I haven't read any of her articles or interviews ..haven't watched any....but really what else is there for her to say?


LaRae
Has she EVER had anything to say?!
But here we are, she has given tens of interviews, and earned quite a fortune blabbing her nonsense.
__________________

  #3103  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I haven't read any of her articles or interviews ..haven't watched any....but really what else is there for her to say?


LaRae
Some people have a lot of opinions about how others (Meghan) should treat family they haven’t had a relationship with in years. She even brings up Harry’s dead mother wouldn’t do this to top it off.
  #3104  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM
French Toast's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: By the Sea, United States
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I can only report that on one of our news channels one of our reporter's in Florida at the moment said that Samantha has turned a room in her house into a studio for interviews. And that she charges $6,000 per interview. Sounds about right to me. However, how accurate any of this is - is anyone's guess.

Good lord. That woman has no shame does she?
  #3105  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This idea of paying off the Markles is nonsense. They will always demand money, luxury accommodations, stays at royal estates , etc. You don't pay blackmailers, they will always come back for more.

Doria has arrived in London.
Meghan Markle's mother Doria arrives in UK to reunite with daughter | Daily Mail Online

Doria has arrived in grand style complete with police escort. Now compare to how the Dooleys rolled into London the other day:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...-Heathrow.html

It shows who is loved and who is not.

Sr's hospital stay - I think TMZ knows he is not in the hospital and they will reveal it for an exclusive, that he deceived Meghan and the BRF for money.
I don't care about Sr and where he is or why he did it. If he got paid I hope he at least moves somewhere private and fully retreats from public life.

Serena William's father at the last minute declined to walk her down the ailse. I hope she has reached out to Meghan.
  #3106  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Remember a time not so long ago when we were guessing the date of the engagement and the joyous banter we here shared when it was announced. All the wonderful discussions, some light, others serious. I bet we've all rolled our eyes "wondering what are you talking about", yet, we've also offered our prayers to one another and sadly, at times our sympathy.

Indulge me please. You folks have given me so many things...Pranter and Fashion Maven making sure the dress is just right, Osipi always looking for the good, wyevale you are my kiss from heaven for you keep the memories so alive for me (keep an eye on the Love Trophy Collar), Countessmeout you're my encyclopedia, ACO my NYC girl, Rudolph I love to niggle, Muhler our Santa with ice so pure, and Lady Nimue my Cali gal, so many others I can't name, you have all given me gifts without knowing it.

Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic, I don't know, my gal's bridal shower is on Saturday. With all the bliss I feel, there is a pocket in my heart that aches for Meghan. Senior put himself first. How can a parent blindside and hurt their child? It's too deep. But it's not love. That's not love in my eyes.

Thank you for letting me rant...
  #3107  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:23 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Senior put himself first. How can a parent blindside and hurt their child? It's too deep. But it's not love. That's not love in my eyes.
I think perhaps he wanted to participate in the wedding but got overwhelmed about the whole thing and self sabotaged. It was easier to let things blow up than get on the plane and be a part of the big event.

From the quotes posted earlier, it seems the people he worked with in Hollywood liked him a lot--that doesn't sound like he is a bad, narcissistic, or self-centered man.

I feel sad for both Meghan and her father.

I don't lnow that I believe everything as reported by TMZ. I've watched interviews by them and then seen the reports afterwards, they aren't exactly stellar folks.
  #3108  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
https://news.sky.com/story/meghan-ma...dding-11374474

Doria arrives in London. I have to say, the woman doesn't even look 51, much less 61.
Maybe all these stuff the last weeks she had to hear about Meghan and her had made her looking older!
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #3109  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Some people have a lot of opinions about how others (Meghan) should treat family they haven’t had a relationship with in years. She even brings up Harry’s dead mother wouldn’t do this to top it off.

A FB group I'm on (following the wedding stuff) there's been a couple folks who just thought it awful she didn't invite all her family...I was like

I don't get why they would think she should invite them! Something was said about healing blah blah...yeah no..you don't attempt to destroy a person if you have any interest in healing or reuniting family.


LaRae
  #3110  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Remember a time not so long ago when we were guessing the date of the engagement and the joyous banter we here shared when it was announced. All the wonderful discussions, some light, others serious. I bet we've all rolled our eyes "wondering what are you talking about", yet, we've also offered our prayers to one another and sadly, at times our sympathy.

Indulge me please. You folks have given me so many things...Pranter and Fashion Maven making sure the dress is just right, Osipi always looking for the good, wyevale you are my kiss from heaven for you keep the memories so alive for me (keep an eye on the Love Trophy Collar), Countessmeout you're my encyclopedia, ACO my NYC girl, Rudolph I love to niggle, Muhler our Santa with ice so pure, and Lady Nimue my Cali gal, so many others I can't name, you have all given me gifts without knowing it.
OMGosh this was so sweet Missjersey! This actually made my heart grow all warm and fuzzy. Thank you.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic, I don't know, my gal's bridal shower is on Saturday. With all the bliss I feel, there is a pocket in my heart that aches for Meghan. Senior put himself first. How can a parent blindside and hurt their child? It's too deep. But it's not love. That's not love in my eyes.

Thank you for letting me rant...
Congrats to you and your daughter!! So wonderful.

And I agree with you about Tom Sr - that was very selfish and self absorbed of him. He worried about himself and how he looked rather than the harm he was doing to his own child. I still don't understand. My father would never - I say - NEVER do what Sr did. Under any circumstances. My parents actually hate that I am vocal on Facebook - my dad won't go near it. If I was in Meghan's shoes, I can guarantee that my mom and dad would NEVER be doing what the paternal side of Meghan's family have done. And if there were any "Sams" in my family, trust and believe my father would shut that down.
  #3111  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Why do people think Tom Markle needs to be taken care of? Nothing I've seen leads me to believe that he needs to be put into assisted living.

I know there is this narrative that he's some recluse that lives in Mexico, but he owns a home in Los Feliz (a really nice area by the way) that he was seen visiting last week. I imagine he divides his time between the two places. I also remember reading that he visits his brother in Oregon during the winter months. So he may lead a quiet life, but he has in no way shut himself off from the world.

I know everyone wants to blame Sam for this, but it was Tom that made the decision to announce to TMZ that he wasn't attending the wedding. He didn't even have the decency to call his daughter and let her know first. Then after his decision causes all kinds of chaos, he proceeds to spill the family business to TMZ two more times. You could maybe make the case that the first call was him
being naive (which I don't buy), but by continuing to talk to TMZ, he knew what he was doing and what kind of fallout would result. Yet he did it anyway. Tom is a grown man and it's a copout to blame his decisions on others.

Sam is a piece of work and really just needs to go away.
Quote:
Yeah, Tom Sr. DOES NOT need to move to England. Than we will get the inevitable he is living off the public purse comments. And if Meghan doesn't share information with him, I can see why. He can't stop talking to either TMZ or Sam...
Quote:
Senior put himself first. How can a parent blindside and hurt their child? It's too deep. But it's not love. That's not love in my eyes.

Thank you for letting me rant...
Truth and common sense.
  #3112  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This idea of paying off the Markles is nonsense. They will always demand money, luxury accommodations, stays at royal estates , etc. You don't pay blackmailers, they will always come back for more.

Doria has arrived in London.
Meghan Markle's mother Doria arrives in UK to reunite with daughter | Daily Mail Online

Doria has arrived in grand style complete with police escort. Now compare to how the Dooleys rolled into London the other day:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...-Heathrow.html

It shows who is loved and who is not.

Sr's hospital stay - I think TMZ knows he is not in the hospital and they will reveal it for an exclusive, that he deceived Meghan and the BRF for money.
I made that mental comparison myself - the rag tag 4 Dooleys w/ their 3+ suitcases each (what were they thinking - that London had no shops in case they forgot something and thus they just brought everything in their closets?) v. the chic Doria w/ her one modest suitcase, useful carry on and garment bag.
I do hope Mr. Markle will see how well taken care of Doria was at her arrival and that he is able to get his act together and travel to be reunited w/ the daughter he adores and away from the sadistic influence of his elder daughter.
  #3113  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,971
I have a quick questions...so Sam has blasted Meghan saying she will not be silenced. I read snippets of the rant.

When and how did Meghan try to silence her? Have they spoken? Is this confirmed or just alluded to?
__________________
.

  #3114  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think perhaps he wanted to participate in the wedding but got overwhelmed about the whole thing and self sabotaged. It was easier to let things blow up than get on the plane and be a part of the big event.
Agree, but I still see Samantha involved. I feel sorry for Megan and her father.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #3115  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:14 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,267
I used to think that Samantha was merely an unbalanced loudmouth. However, over the past week I am seriously starting to think that this manipulative woman is actually quite evil.

It's a good job she doesn't live in the UK or there might be serious concerns for Meghan's physical safety. Samantha has already tried her best to wreck one of the most important days of her half sister's life.
  #3116  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:15 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I have a quick questions...so Sam has blasted Meghan saying she will not be silenced. I read snippets of the rant.

When and how did Meghan try to silence her? Have they spoken? Is this confirmed or just alluded to?
I don't think it was something that just happened recently. In one of the articles I read (and for the life of me, I can't remember which one), it was stated that family members were asked by KP not to talk to the press after the engagement was announced.

Sam conveniently dragged this up now as it adds fuel to the fire she's vehemently stoking into an inferno. Tells me she's running out of fire fodder and is digging through the ashes.

Then again, I could be wrong.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #3117  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I have a quick questions...so Sam has blasted Meghan saying she will not be silenced. I read snippets of the rant.

When and how did Meghan try to silence her? Have they spoken? Is this confirmed or just alluded to?
It from this interview.

Meghan Markle's Sister Samantha Says Meghan Has No Right to Muzzle Her | TMZ.com

She went on a rant when she was told that Meghan wanted her to be quiet. She also was on an Australian show and admitted that early this year KP contacted the Markles to avoid the media and she said she felt it was her right to speak out since they were being attacked.
  #3118  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,296
I'm happy, even delighted, to repeat myself:

If this is the worst Meghan's family can do to her and say about her, then she can't have that many skeletons in the closet. - Or the loving family-members would gleefully have divulged it by now.
  #3119  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I'm happy, even delighted, to repeat myself:

If this is the worst Meghan's family can do to her and say about her, then she can't have that many skeletons in the closet. - Or the loving family-members would gleefully have divulged it by now.
Agreed. And all this does is make Doria's side of the family look like veritable saints by comparison - even with one estranged uncle-half-brother-whatever selling a few pics and a stepmom speaking out in the beginning (with nothing but nice things).
  #3120  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,861
Mr. Markle

I think he must have been dreaming of and dreading the wedding day for the last year. He dreamed of walking his cherished daughter down the aisle; he dreaded being in that social milieu for hours on end, wearing fabulous but uncomfortable clothes; making small talk with the Queen and the DoE and Charles, unable to slip away and sit down with his own thoughts.

His lifestyle for so many years was laidback and peaceful, and now he would have to deal with (possibly) crippling social anxiety. With the best will in the world, he just couldn’t face it. Even though he’s only 73, plenty of folks that age has cannot cope with dramatic situations. Had he a well-meaning and solicitous family member or friend nearby, things might have happened differently.

I’m sorry for him, and for Meghan and Harry. I keep thinking of my own widowed mother and how very nearly paralyzed with apprehension she was when she had to attend an elegant soirée hosted by my inlaws, whom she had not met. She would have ‘called in sick’ if we had not been firmly by her side.

Even his little adventure with the paps was mainly harmless until his other kids got involved.
__________________

__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor baby names baptism birth britain britannia british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house cpr dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon general news thread george vi gradenigo hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jewellery kensington palace king edward vii list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy mountbatten names nepalese royal family pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen louise resusci anne royal jewels royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon sussex swedish queen thailand thai royal family tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×