The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2921  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:24 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,581
I hope all those family members who are all over the place promoting themselves will go fly an be with Thomas Markle Sr in his time of need. Leave Meghan alone.

I hope her father is well but I am glad this is done. And if people suggest she needs to fly out to be with him.... I will scream.
__________________

  #2922  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:26 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
No one is going to separate Meghan from her parents. No matter what’s been done by her father. Unless folks don’t care about the state of this marriage between Meghan and Harry.

Everyone have to leave things for the family to settle out. Although I would suggest some members of the Markle family stop talking to the media. The media is there to exploit family divisions and help cause trouble. It’s just best.

Samantha Markle, please get somewhere and shut up!
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2923  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 739
Cinderella and the evil step-sisters comes to mind.
  #2924  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I hope all those family members who are all over the place promoting themselves will go fly an be with Thomas Markle Sr in his time of need. Leave Meghan alone.

I hope her father is well but I am glad this is done. And if people suggest she needs to fly out to be with him.... I will scream.
Her half-siblings will most likely suggest that she should call off the wedding because of her father's health, but it is not going to happen.
  #2925  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
will go fly an be with Thomas Markle Sr in his time of need. Leave Meghan alone.
And "Pigs might fly"...
  #2926  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,795
I've deleted the off-topic discussion regarding the media coverage of Meghan/Harry's relationship with the media. If you wish to discuss the media, please take it to the 'Royal Family and the Media' thread.
__________________
  #2927  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:39 PM
dgtns's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stamford, United States
Posts: 48
What a shame

I am so sad for the Queen, Harry and Meghan.

This is all toe curling embarassments. Well, the family of Thomas Sr has shown their colors and now we all understand why they weren’t invited and Meghan has placed distance between herself and them.
  #2928  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
So my head is still spinning from the events of the last two days. However, if Tom Markle can talk about the surgery without any doctor coming forward to say this is wrong and not how it's done, I'm leaning towards believing he did have a heart attack or at least a serious heart condition. Simply because I don't take him for a man that's smart enough to figure out what heart surgery entails. I certainly don't know. If that's the case, I wish him a full recovery.

With that being said, he needs to stop talking to the press. Unless I hear contrary reporting about his heart surgery, I can chalk the last two days up as him temporarily loosing his mind due to serious illness. Given that this isn't consistent behavior from in the year and half that we've known about this relationship.
  #2929  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
All this not going/want to go, stay home. This “heart attack” is the sympathetic band-aid for the picture clean-up spin IMO. Stay tuned, again IMO, tomorrow we could be discussing Act Three for the ongoing “story” thrown out.

For myself, so often complaining about a messy bun, is so ridiculous ....this bride deserves only happiness on what should be the happiest day in her life.
  #2930  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Just now breaking news across the internet -

Now not coming again. Mr Markle scheduled to have major heart surgery tomorrow -

Meghan Markle's father won't attend wedding, needs heart surgery | Daily Mail Online



And Andrew Morton has been rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke while giving a public talk -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ollapsing.html
  #2931  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Cinderella and the evil step-sisters comes to mind.
That woman has caused nothing but pure chaos since she started taking to twitter and attacking Meghan. Someone should really tell her (to her face) to get somewhere and shut up. She’s caused enough problems.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2932  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
All this not going/want to go, stay home. This “heart attack” is the sympathetic band-aid for the picture clean-up spin IMO. Stay tuned, again IMO, tomorrow we could be discussing Act Three for the ongoing “story” thrown out.
Except, I don't believe he's smart enough to know all this if it's not true. How many of us know what heart surgery entail? I'm not in any way calling anyone stupid (as I belong in the not knowing group), but it's just complicated. And a serious illness does cause people to behave irrational and sometimes unreasonable ways. It just happens that this is in front of the public eye right before a very public wedding. And you have to admit, this is not how Tom Sr has been like since we've found out about the relationship 18 months ago. And from all we've heard about him, he seems to be a decent guy even if he does have his own problems.
  #2933  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
I don't even know if I believe anything that Tom Snr says. Why give this information to TMZ and not to Meghan so that the palace could have made an announcement? If he is due to have major surgery, well I hope that for his sake, the procedure is successful and he recovers completely.

However, if this is another 'stunt' and he is holed up somewhere 'in hiding', well he deserves whatever he has coming to him. If he thinks that the media isn't going to try and find the hospital that he is in....he is very seriously mistaken!
  #2934  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:53 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,581
This is a cluster.

I guess we will get official news tomorrow.
  #2935  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Close or not, if you are stepping into issues relating to your brother's in-laws. That's overstepping for any sibling. Let Harry and Meghan figure the issues in their lives.
Except that Meghan's brother-in-law isn't just anybody. (Not to mention her father-in-law.)
William could very well become king within the next ten years, certainly the heir to an elderly king, and then it does become a matter for William, whether he would like to interfere or not.

So should the family continue to make a spectacle of themselves (they'll certainly try!) the Monarch, be that QEII, Charles or William may very well decide to step in and simply bar certain family members from attending anything remotely royal, let alone be let in at the palaces or in a more extreme case simply direct H&M to sever the connection to certain family members. - That could also save Meghan in particular considerable embarrassment, because then it's the Monarch, not her, who is cutting them off.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a family member is suddenly standing suitcase in hand outside Kensington Palace - with the press being notified of course. If H&M turn that person away or even put them in a hotel, then we have the big soap opera about "cruel, heartless Meghan" turning away her family to let them fend for themselves on the streets, selling matches... Complete with a chorus singing: Bou hou, bou hou...
  #2936  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I don't even know if I believe anything that Tom Snr says. Why give this information to TMZ and not to Meghan so that the palace could have made an announcement? If he is due to have major surgery, well I hope that for his sake, the procedure is successful and he recovers completely.

However, if this is another 'stunt' and he is holed up somewhere 'in hiding', well he deserves whatever he has coming to him. If he thinks that the media isn't going to try and find the hospital that he is in....he is very seriously mistaken!
If it is a stunt or a lie, then Tom Sr has just made things worse to himself and his image. I don't think he is lying though. I expect KP now to release a statement confirming Tom won't attend due to surgery. It is actually the most convenient solution to end this media crisis.
  #2937  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,100
Please note that we can discuss Tom Sr's ability to attend the wedding in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-43846.html thread. Discussion relating to family involvement in the events of the last couple of days can remain in this thread.
__________________
JACK
  #2938  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Purrs's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That woman has caused nothing but pure chaos since she started taking to twitter and attacking Meghan. Someone should really tell her (to her face) to get somewhere and shut up. She’s caused enough problems.
I'm sure Samantha has been told but I think she is unlikely to listen. She seems very self absorbed and doesn't care about anyone but herself. I think she's unlikely to shut up either but I'm hoping that more people and the media will ignore her, not publish or report what she says as they see her true colours.
  #2939  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
Yep , Sr is going for surgery on Wednesday. But wait, there's more...

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.c...urgery-wedding

Sam threw Sr under the bus by giving the details of his cut of the staged photos: $1500 USD and a small percentage of the photos sales. This is what 30 pieces of silver goes for now. Sam has now turned on their father, and I think it's because Sr told TMZ Sam is the reason for his hospitalization. He blamed the first heart episode on Jr's letter to Harry to call off the wedding.
  #2940  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Except that Meghan's brother-in-law isn't just anybody. (Not to mention her father-in-law.)
William could very well become king within the next ten years, certainly the heir to an elderly king, and then it does become a matter for William, whether he would like to interfere or not.

So should the family continue to make a spectacle of themselves (they'll certainly try!) the Monarch, be that QEII, Charles or William may very well decide to step in and simply bar certain family members from attending anything remotely royal, let alone be let in at the palaces or in a more extreme case simply direct H&M to sever the connection to certain family members. - That could also save Meghan in particular considerable embarrassment, because then it's the Monarch, not her, who is cutting them off.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a family member is suddenly standing suitcase in hand outside Kensington Palace - with the press being notified of course. If H&M turn that person away or even put them in a hotel, then we have the big soap opera about "cruel, heartless Meghan" turning away her family to let them fend for themselves on the streets, selling matches... Complete with a chorus singing: Bou hou, bou hou...
I don’t think Meghan has talked to Sam and Tom Jr. and some other family members in many years.

The Queen will not ban Meghan’s immediate family. Especially the ones she love and care about. That would be very detrimental to Meghan and Harry. Who in God’s green earth would want that?
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american baby names biography britain britannia british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla parker bowles canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house cpr dna dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria resusci anne royal court royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×