The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2741  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:32 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Well, that does make it a year and a half.

I agree with you with regard to the "close relationship". Not introducing Prince Harry to her father is odd and troubling.
And yet a number of posters here shared stories about not meeting their partner's parents until just before or even several years after their weddings.
__________________

  #2742  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
Blaming Meghan for someone elseís actions, my goodness, thatís just another excuse......(I need some kind of chaser to get that down)
__________________

  #2743  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:37 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Why are some of you blaming Meghan?
No idea but not surprised whatsoever by it.
  #2744  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
I just called my mom and dad and thanked them for being who they are - because my dad would never do such a thing. I'm praying Doria is already in London - because Meghan really needs her mom right now. Harry must be apoplectic with rage. I hope Wil&Kate have surrounded Meghan and Harry with love and brought the kids to cheer them up.

What a ghastly situation.

I'm sick for Meghan. I can barely say much else. I was in training all day and had homework from the training and logged on to see what was up and came into this thread and had my mind blown. I feel blindsided by this news and just sick on Meghan's behalf.

I'm also very sad to see people blaming Meghan. I can't even muster up the outrage I'm just so sad on her behalf.

What's nuts is the Lifetime TV movie didn't even need to manufacture drama - they could have just waited for this - now who will walk Meghan down the aisle? My God I can't even...
  #2745  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Why are some of you blaming Meghan?
Itís classic victim blaming.
  #2746  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
Just to be clear: to me, it's not a question of BLAME, but of RESPONSIBILITY. Obviously, Mr. Markle's choices are his own. But imho both (and I stress "both") MM and KP should have been a little more careful, responsible and pro-active in handling the clearly hyper-dysfunctional Markle family. It is a sad and embarrassing situation for all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Itís classic victim blaming.
No, it;s not. Again, I think many of us are talking of responsibility, reality, practicality, not blame. But, see it as you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And yet a number of posters here shared stories about not meeting their partner's parents until just before or even several years after their weddings.
I'm sure it's not an ideal situation though, and I'm sure none of them got married on live television in front of billion of people,
  #2747  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
No, it;s not. Again, I think many of us are talking of responsibility, reality, practicality, not blame. But, see it as you like.
How in the world is placing one person’s behavior as something another person is responsible for not blaming? Call it what you like, but saying Meghan is responsible for this is blaming.
  #2748  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:20 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How is it being naive to say that if you provide security for one parent, you'd do it for the other? Or how about sucking it up for one hour for tea with the Queen? This isn't a state occasion, I'm she won't scold him for sticking up his pinky when he drinks his tea if he does.
It's naive to think that you can seamlessly go from one lifestyle to another (very public and very stressful even for people who are used to the limelight!) without a minimum o preparation and time to get used to it.

Just imagine if tomorrow morning you had to fly to London, go the the Globe Theatre, have a quick dress rehearsal, meet the Queen and then appear on the stage on live tv in front of billion of people to recite to verses from Shakespeare. I'm sure you'll be fine, right?
  #2749  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:20 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Just to be clear: to me, it's not a question of BLAME, but of RESPONSIBILITY. Obviously, Mr. Markle's choices are his own. But imho both (and I stress "both") MM and KP should have been a little more careful, responsible and pro-active in handling the clearly hyper-dysfunctional Markle family. It is a sad and embarrassing situation for all involved.
Meghan's dad is an entirely different issue than the relatives who are after their 15 minutes of fame from being related to Meghan. There is nothing for KP to do but ignore such people-acknowledging them would just make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
It's naive to think that you can seamlessly go from one lifestyle to another (very public and very stressful even for people who are used to the limelight!) without a minimum o preparation and time to get used to it.

Just imagine if tomorrow morning you had to fly to London, go the the Globe Theatre, have a quick dress rehearsal, meet the Queen and then appear on the stage on live tv in front of billion of people to recite to verses from Shakespeare. I'm sure you'll be fine, right?
Yes, I think it might be harder than some think it would/should be.
  #2750  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I just called my mom and dad and thanked them for being who they are - because my dad would never do such a thing. I'm praying Doria is already in London - because Meghan really needs her mom right now. Harry must be apoplectic with rage. I hope Wil&Kate have surrounded Meghan and Harry with love and brought the kids to cheer them up.

What a ghastly situation.

I'm sick for Meghan. I can barely say much else. I was in training all day and had homework from the training and logged on to see what was up and came into this thread and had my mind blown. I feel blindsided by this news and just sick on Meghan's behalf.

I'm also very sad to see people blaming Meghan. I can't even muster up the outrage I'm just so sad on her behalf.

What's nuts is the Lifetime TV movie didn't even need to manufacture drama - they could have just waited for this - now who will walk Meghan down the aisle? My God I can't even...

Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.


LaRae
  #2751  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How in the world is placing one personís behavior as something another person is responsible for not blaming? Call it what you like, but saying Meghan is responsible for this is blaming.
As I said we clearly see it differently, but at least give me credit where credit is due: I'm making BOTH MM and KP (which include Perince Harry) responsible, so I'm not singling MM for whatever reasons you like to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
How has she played the victim? If she wanted that, she'd been able to long ago justifiably. And really, this woman is dealing with the consequences of other people's dysfunction and mess. And it is the week of her wedding of all the times they could screw up royally.
I didn't say she has. Please, re-read my post.
  #2752  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.


LaRae
And there were photos of her supposedly still in LA today.
  #2753  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.


LaRae
Doria was still in Los Angeles as of this afternoon. She was photographed going to yoga class. Now she may be on her way now, but the report about her being in London last week was wrong.
__________________
  #2754  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
It's naive to think that you can seamlessly go from one lifestyle to another (very public and very stressful even for people who are used to the limelight!) without a minimum o preparation and time to get used to it.

Just imagine if tomorrow morning you had to fly to London, go the the Globe Theatre, have a quick dress rehearsal, meet the Queen and then appear on the stage on live tv in front of billion of people to recite to verses from Shakespeare. I'm sure you'll be fine, right?
With the exception of reciting Shakespeare(which Iím sure Tom Sr wonít have to do unless he wants to), I feel like Iím going to be fine if I have to suck it up for someone I love. He just needs to sit there and make nice privately. And the only thing he needs to do at St. Georgeís is walk. All of which he couldíve said no to months ago. And letís be clear, his way of life isnít changing from one to the other. He continues to live the life he has led. Heís not having tea with the Queen everyday or on live television everyday. Itís a one off situation. And heís had a year and half to get used to it. Hardly minimum preparation or time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I didn't say she has. Please, re-read my post.
People donít just start playing victim after theyíve been publicly abused and bullied for a year and half and not do so. My point is itís a baseless assumption of what someone might do.
  #2755  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:35 PM
French Toast's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: By the Sea, United States
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy-PA USA View Post
Now this news about Yvonne's internet presence really makes sense!

I was going to respond to AlowVera that the dynamics and bullying of Meghan seem racially motivated. That is just my gut feeling. Meghan has a very real and important mission as such a focal point to help society make shifts in treating her with dignity and respect, while recignizing and calling out the hyenas for what they are.

I'm sorry for the pressure I can only imagine this adds to the stress of a wedding - for the couple, especially for Meghan - and kudos to Prince Harry for what he learns and his honorable behavior as this plays out.

Sorry to disrupt the flow of the conversation, but can you or anyone else tell me who Yvonne is?

I don't follow Prince Harry and Meghan as closely as others on this board so I am lost as to whom this Yvonne person is.

Thank you for responding.
  #2756  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Toast View Post
Sorry to disrupt the flow of the conversation, but can you or anyone else tell me who Yvonne is?

I don't follow Prince Harry and Meghan as closely as others on this board so I am lost as to whom this Yvonne person is.

Thank you for responding.
Samantha. Her birth name and the name used growing up is Yvonne.
  #2757  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:37 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Doria was still in Los Angeles as of this afternoon. She was photographed going to yoga class. Now she may be on her way now, but the report about her being in London last week was wrong.
Omid and the 2 Emily's must be slipping!


LaRae
  #2758  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lewisville, United States
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I just called my mom and dad and thanked them for being who they are - because my dad would never do such a thing. I'm praying Doria is already in London - because Meghan really needs her mom right now. Harry must be apoplectic with rage. I hope Wil&Kate have surrounded Meghan and Harry with love and brought the kids to cheer them up.

What a ghastly situation.

I'm sick for Meghan. I can barely say much else. I was in training all day and had homework from the training and logged on to see what was up and came into this thread and had my mind blown. I feel blindsided by this news and just sick on Meghan's behalf.

I'm also very sad to see people blaming Meghan. I can't even muster up the outrage I'm just so sad on her behalf.

What's nuts is the Lifetime TV movie didn't even need to manufacture drama - they could have just waited for this - now who will walk Meghan down the aisle? My God I can't even...


I feel the same. I am weirdly and deeply saddened by this. Itís not like I really know her.

My husband and I derided to marry weeks after meeting, and my dad was hugely supportive. He traveled a thousand miles to be there, got a tux, took my son for a haircut, went out of his way to make my husband feel like a part of the family etc. etc. and cannot fathom him betraying my trust as Tom Sr has, then making it worse by not showing up to support me getting married. I can imagine Meghan looking forward to having that memory of her father too and it makes me sick that he is not man enough to stand with his girl on such an important day.
  #2759  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,795
Let's please move on from the 'playing victim/victim blaming' discussion. If you wish to continue the conversation, you can take it to PM.
__________________
  #2760  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,125
I have read on Rebecca English's Twitter that Doria wasn't expected in London until Wednesday and that's when she will be arriving.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla carolin china chinese clarence house commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history hochberg house of windsor imperial household italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery jewelry king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal jewels pless prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal jewels royalty of taiwan serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×