The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2681  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
According to some royal reporters, this will get some public sympathy for Meghan.
what good is sympathy when they still have their boot to their necks.

Tom not only had pressure from the tabloids but also pressure from both of his children who where trying to influence him but also use him for leverage.

I said before they needed to hire a crisis manager to at least get them through this because the press was doing everything to sabotage Meghan because of who she is.
__________________

  #2682  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
If
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Perhaps in the US. But we shall see......I'm not holding my breath. No matter, Meghan is a strong woman with a strong and loving mother by her side. And she is marrying a man who adores her. It is awful she has to go through this but she does have a personal support system, it just don't happen to include her family.
"For better or for worse" is really being put to the test here. Keep you heads up Meghan and Harry.
__________________

  #2683  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:08 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Agree wyevale, it’s all about money for Markles
I don't think it is just money, I think it is also the attention. There is sibling jealousy that Meghan is successful and famous beyond any expectation and they wanted their 15 minutes of fame.
  #2684  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Thomas Sr admitted he hasn't talked to her at all. So she learned all this via TMZ. I mean really think about that. I can't imagine her headspace right now. Unbelievable.

He said he had not talked to her after the TMZ news came out. Before then they thought he was still coming. he did'nt even have the courtesy to alert her.
  #2685  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
This is an embarrassing situation for all those concerned. I feel terrible just by reading the articles. KP, Prince Harry, The Markle family all have responsibilities, but I believe that, ultimately, it is Ms Markle who (knowing her father) should have seen this coming.

Just by reading a little bit about him and knowing where he lives and why and seeing a bit of his lifestyle, we all realized that this was going to be an extremely difficult experience for Mr. Markle to go through, so YES, KP and MM should have seen this coming if I could. Come on. If it sounds snobbish so be it.

What a complete failure.
  #2686  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
The fact, that he didn't have the decency to call Meghan and let her know, that he's not coming to the wedding is just a huge insult. She had to find from TMZ. Right after he had got caught making deals with paparazzi, because they wouldn't leave him alone, he deals with one of the worst paparazzi agencies ever.
  #2687  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post

I said before they needed to hire a crisis manager to at least get them through this because the press was doing everything to sabotage Meghan because of who she is.
Yes, they need a crisis manager, for sure. But I don't think the press is sabotaging MM for who she is, and by that, what do you mean exactly: bi-racial, Divorced? American? Actress? Catherine Middleton was not better treated at the beginning, let me tell you. Think how unfairly Carol Middleton was portrayed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
The fact, that he didn't have the decency to call Meghan and let her know, that he's not coming to the wedding is just a huge insult. She had to find from TMZ.
Honest question: how do we know this? I'm sorry I'm just catching up with all of this...
  #2688  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,124
The Markle tangled web for me is about money and wanting to hobnob with The Royal Family. IMO we’re just seeing the lengths they will go to achieve it. The excuses don’t justify any of their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think it is just money, I think it is also the attention. There is sibling jealousy that Meghan is successful and famous beyond any expectation and they wanted their 15 minutes of fame.
Yes and I just posted what I thought
  #2689  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:18 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I don't know what would be worse; if she caves and invites these lowlifes or the wedding is cancelled.
Oh for heaven's sake do not even think that......that would be a nightmare to end all nightmares ever. I just pray that Tom Sr even though right now I could whatever, is going to be okay if he really does go to hospital. No one messes around with heart attacks ever........that you do not play games with ever. Keep those siblings where they are and let the wedding go forth for the bride and groom want to share their day with those that they love and cherish. All others need not apply or try to come to the wedding.
  #2690  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:18 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,581
Funny how Samantha has gone silent and the Dooley's are all in London. Thomas Sr calling up TMZ and his issues splashed all over the media and.... silence. This is a family that doesn't care about each other. They clearly use each other and this is why Meghan wants nothing to do with them. I pray Doria is arriving soon because she needs her mom.
  #2691  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Honest question: how do we know this? I'm sorry I'm just catching up with all of this...
Royal reporters are saying it on twitter.
  #2692  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
This is an embarrassing situation for all those concerned. I feel terrible just by reading the articles. KP, Prince Harry, The Markle family all have responsibilities, but I believe that, ultimately, it is Ms Markle who (knowing her father) should have seen this coming.

Just by reading a little bit about him and knowing where he lives and why and seeing a bit of his lifestyle, we all realized that this was going to be an extremely difficult experience for Mr. Markle to go through, so YES, KP and MM should have seen this coming if I could. Come on. If it sounds snobbish so be it.

What a complete failure.
Why and how could they have seen this coming? The man hasn't said anything for over a year. He has been approached and offered plenty of opportunities to talk. Why would anyone think that now, right before the wedding this would happen?

Samantha and Tom Jr? Sure, she probably already knew what the deal was with that group, which is why they were already out of her life. But her father? There is nothing that anyone has said about him, or that we've seen that would have predicted this.

I will say it again, you can not control grown people. You can not help people who do not want to be helped. Outreach may have been done and rebuffed for all we know. What should Meghan have done? KP?
  #2693  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Why and how could they have seen this coming? The man hasn't said anything for over a year. He has been approached and offered plenty of opportunities to talk. Why would anyone think that now, right before the wedding this would happen?

Samantha and Tom Jr? Sure, she probably already knew what the deal was with that group, which is why they were already out of her life. But her father? There is nothing that anyone has said about him, or that we've seen that would have predicted this.

I will say it again, you can not control grown people. You can not help people who do not want to be helped. Outreach may have been done and rebuffed for all we know. What should Meghan have done? KP?
I'm curious about this too. Mist likely Tom Sr was sounding happy and confident to Meghan about the wedding, happy to attend. KP were telling the press to back off of him. What were they supposed to do? Go to Mexico uninvited, pack him in a box and ship him to London? You can't make adults do anything, you can't read their minds. Meghan had no way knowing any of this would happen.
  #2694  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Juliette2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: city, United States
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree, if he had communicated that he needed help, Meghan and Harry would have found a way to provide it. But he may have either been unable to admit it or was in denial.
But, please, I could see that he needed help!! Come on, he lives pinching pennies beyond the border, does not work, is overweight and not in good health. He has not even met Prince Harry for goodness sake! For all we know he hasn't seen his daughter in person for years! Yet, she expects that he walks her down the aisle at St. George's chapel...And you think he's going to seamlessly go from buying beer at 7/11 to having tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle? Let's be realistic!

He was stalked by the paparazzi from the day the engagement was announced. EVERYONE expected it I'm sure. Yet, he had no guidance, no security, no place was provided for him where he could just live in peace for a few months. The whole thing is shameful.

I'm sorry to say that all of this does not augur well.
  #2695  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
I wonder how Good Morning Britain is going to deal with the Dooleys as wedding correspondents and things develop? Grandpa Tom Sr and Auntie Sam are the center of a huge scandal.
  #2696  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
None of this is Meghan or KP's fault. They needed a crisis manager and the people at KP are not crisis managers..... although they may handle challenging situation, they needed someone dedicated to handling Meghan's role out given all the opposing forces they have to deal with.

Meghan as the bride and newcomer is already overextended and knows nothing about how UK media operates.

They should of hit them all with NDA's and a lumpsum in the beginning.
  #2697  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I don’t see these people ever disappearing so KP better find out how to deal with them ...all of them
KP can best deal with them by simply ignoring them.

After awhile, even the hungriest tabloids won't be interested in publishing decades-old photos of Meghan's childhood.
With nothing left to sell, the Markles will disappear.

As for Meghan's father, I think Meghan and the RF are better off if he stays away.
He's a loose cannon.
  #2698  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
But, please, I could see that he needed help!! Come on, he lives pinching pennies beyond the border, does not work, is overweight and not in good health. He has not even met Prince Harry for goodness sake! For all we know he hasn't seen his daughter in person for years! Yet, she expects that he walks her down the aisle at St. George's chapel...And you think he's going to seamlessly go from buying beer at 7/11 to having tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle? Let's be realistic!

He was stalked by the paparazzi from the day the engagement was announced. EVERYONE expected it I'm sure. Yet, he had no guidance, no security, no place was provided for him where he could just live in peace for a few months. The whole thing is shameful.

I'm sorry to say that all of this does not augur well.
Not true, his location was protected until his brother sold out his location to the press. Until then noone knew where he was even while they where dating. DORIA on the other hand was the ONE who was called names, had the paps outside her house, had daily racist headlines about her being a gangster from the VERY beginning while Tom Sr. Was protected. Tom Sr. also lives in a gated community unlike Doria.
  #2699  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
This is an embarrassing situation for all those concerned. I feel terrible just by reading the articles. KP, Prince Harry, The Markle family all have responsibilities, but I believe that, ultimately, it is Ms Markle who (knowing her father) should have seen this coming.

Just by reading a little bit about him and knowing where he lives and why and seeing a bit of his lifestyle, we all realized that this was going to be an extremely difficult experience for Mr. Markle to go through, so YES, KP and MM should have seen this coming if I could. Come on. If it sounds snobbish so be it.

What a complete failure.
I don't know that Meghan would have necessarily seen THIS coming but perhaps everyone should have realized this would be difficult for her father to navigate on his own. It doesn't seem he has anyone with whom he could share any of this.

Meghan hasn't lived with her dad or even in the same city for nearly 20 years or so--I think you don't really know what is going on with people unless you are around them daily--so I wouldn't say she knows her dad currently. She does know the kind of life he lived when she was a child.

To go from living a quiet, retired life, not having to get dressed up much to having to dress up for a very formal wedding televised around the world and have the prospect of talking to the Queen of England and 599 other people at the reception seems like it could be pretty overwhelming.
  #2700  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wherever I wish, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
None of this is Meghan or KP's fault. They needed a crisis manager and the people at KP are not crisis managers..... although they may handle challenging situation, they needed someone dedicated to handling Meghan's role out given all the opposing forces they have to deal with.

Meghan as the bride and newcomer is already overextended and knows nothing about how UK media operates.

They should of hit them all with NDA's and a lumpsum in the beginning.
As the current occupant of the White House can attest, NDAs don't make the story disappear as they usually get found out by the press.

Imagine the headlines "Palace fixer shadily gives taxpayer money to Meghan's paternal family, what are they hiding?" with conspiracy theories abound about the "skeletons" the palace paid to keep in the proverbial closet.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american baby names biography britain britannia british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla parker bowles canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house cpr dna dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria resusci anne royal court royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×