Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue Sam for crying Sr is not coming to the wedding because the BRF banned him from attending or the wedding is not postponed until Sr is on the mend. I wouldn't be surprised if some advisors stated Sr can't be trusted because he is still tied to Sam.

I'm utterly fed up with these people... At last we can expect them (Meghan, Harry and her mother) to be left alone after the wedding !

Andrew Morton published his book too soon. He should have waited until after the wedding.

It is a shame that some media gave Sam and Thomas jr. a stage for their gossip.

We don't know who in the family has been invited besides Tom Snr and Doria. There are rumours of nephew, nieces, and an uncle on the Ragland side being in London. We won't know until Saturday. And the diplomat uncle gave contact details of Tom Snr to the media.

Where did you see the rumor about the nephew, nieces and uncle on the Ragland side being in London? I hadn't come across that yet.

What happened to never complain, never explain?

The relationship between BRF and press is cathastrophic and has been for a very long time. A recipy for desaster if you mix it with a bride who - partly due to her profession - has always courted and used the press for her own purposes.

I guess it has dawned on Meghan now what price she will have to pay for the wedding with Harry.

:previous:
Tarlita
That had me ??? silly, made my day with yr comment......

Lets face it. Its been entertaining. Its been keeping us on the edges of our seats wondering what's coming next with these people. Its the stuff that script writers for soap operas wish they had the talent for.

What basically set the stage for all of this is the amount of "under the radar" intrigue that surrounded Harry and Meghan throughout their budding relationship. The rabid, drooling press couldn't sink their fangs into anything concrete because Harry and Meghan were that good at what they do. Even after the engagement announcement, everything was structured with a definitive red line in the sand between public and private. The yellow press got desperate and needed to fill space for click bait and cash in the pocket to head to the bank with.

Enter the Markle siblings and it was like dangling sweet carrots before the horse and the race was on. The tabloids had their black sheeple to create sordid stories and the black sheeple, themselves, were bleating and bleating more and more as their rise to "fame" and "importance" fed their egos. It worked both ways for the press and the black sheeple and we, here, find it a distraction from not too much really important news of the wedding forthcoming to yammer about.

The wedding is going on as planned and we're getting more realistic information about the big day about to happen. We're also seeing the black sheeple market furiously trying to up their game against this wedding but what is so amusing about it is that we see it for the pathetic attempt it really is.

In the end, the wedding will triumph anything else that could be said or done against it. Tabloids will have made a fortune because of it and the bit players dressed in black sheeple clothing will fade into obscurity and still attempt to bleat and bleat and bleat in the hopes someone will listen.

Reactions: ACO

The relationship between BRF and press is cathastrophic and has been for a very long time. A recipy for desaster if you mix it with a bride who - partly due to her profession - has always courted and used the press for her own purposes.

I guess it has dawned on Meghan now what price she will have to pay for the wedding with Harry.

Am I reading this right....how has Meghan used the media for her own purposes in all this? She has been a model of dignity here, has not commented on either Sam or Jr during this entire situation. She has kept her mouth tightly shut and any use of the press *before* Harry has been to help those in need in her charity work which getting the news out about it helps the charity as we all know here........should there be a war of words here on the negative vile comments about Meghan again. Nobody has to like or love Meghan, that is a personal choice yet some form of decency to a person we do not know on a personal level should be the norm in life...JMHO

Am I reading this right....how has Meghan used the media for her own purposes in all this? She has been a model of dignity here, has not commented on either Sam or Jr during this entire situation. She has kept her mouth tightly shut and any use of the press *before* Harry has been to help those in need in her charity work which getting the news out about it helps the charity as we all know here........should there be a war of words here on the negative vile comments about Meghan again. Nobody has to like or love Meghan, that is a personal choice yet some form of decency to a person we do not know on a personal level should be the norm in life...JMHO

I am referring to Meghan's life before Harry, not since she joined the family on engagement day. She has always been a very public and press inviting person with everything that goes with a job as actress where you need the press to stay in the game. Now she is marrying into a toxic press relationship what has irreparable consequences for herself and her family.

Amazing how this wedding is turning into a real life drama Lifetime movie style : reality is surpassing fiction !
So much for the "royal mystic" after that ...

I am referring to Meghan's life before Harry, not since she joined the family on engagement day. She has always been a very public and press inviting person with everything that goes with a job as actress where you need the press to stay in the game. Now she is marrying into a toxic press relationship what has irreparable consequences for herself and her family.

Her "family" that she is close to are all excitedly preparing for Saturday with her. The estranged (with the emphasis once again on strange) family have no one to blame for their actions besides themselves. Meghan played no part in any consequences they will endure or suffer. :D

I completely agree Osipi! Those people are not her family. Her REAL family are by her side and shutting the hell up. They are her support systems. And after this weekend the media will start to move on from the messy Markles and frankly I am already over their pathetic, desperate antics anyways. Focus on who actually matters.

They gave them not only a stage but also paid them for their lies and half truths.

In this time of me too and times up they knowingly support a man who is a domestic abuser just so he can further embarrass Meghan.

Article by Piers Morgan on DM. Think what you like but I think it's SPOT ON

PIERS MORGAN: The Royals have let this wedding turn into a mess | Daily Mail Online

Not even bothering to read it because in the span of two days he has flip flopped his opinion. I laughed at Dickie calling him out on twitter. His show and former paper is the cause for A LOT of the coverage. The Samantha and the Dooley's were on his show how many time? Piers can hush.

Anyways... Charles and Camila were spotted arriving and leaving KP with flowers. They were obviously going to meet Doria. Seems she likely also met with the Cambridges as well.

^ You are of course, as Morgan is to your [...] opinion..

The reality is 'the Palace' are 'damned if they do AND damned if they don't' -Try to shepherd the ghastly Markles into better behaviour towards their OWN relative, and certainly be accused of all manner of unwarranted interference and control-freakery [by the Press, and errant Markles themselves]. They would be hammering at the doors of ANY media outlet [that would pay them], bleating of how the BRF had sought to muzzle them..
OR -
leave them to their own 'devices', and [as they are being] be accused of neglect, of snobbery, of not 'caring' for Ms Markle and her family..

The Markles [en masse] were advised of the best course of action, [by 'the Palace'] in 2016.. the better half of them chose to heed it, and the bad side did NOT...

*End of*

Last edited by a moderator:

PIERS MORGAN: The Royals have let this wedding turn into a mess | Daily Mail Online

I read it, and had a good laugh.

On the one hand, he's scathing about the behavior of the Markles, but he somehow concludes that it was all KP's fault for not doing more for them, including inviting them to the wedding.

The mental gymnastics to arrive there are mind-boggling, but if you keep in mind the DM's standard operating procedure is to make everyone look as bad as possible, Piers convoluted illogic makes a lot more sense.

Ridiculous article.

Someone should remind Piers Morgan that one can lead sheeple to the feedbag but they cannot make them partake of the slop. :D

KP did what they could at the time and it went unheeded.

Oh my, this whole mess has shown what some families do to put the "FUN" in "dysfunctional!" I'm not going to waste my time with the myriad messed-up half siblings, their noise-making, etc. What I would like to say is this: My cardiologist told me the last time I saw him that I cannot go on an airplane. No room for argument, I can't go see my kids in Wyoming. MAYBE a short 2-1/2 hr. flight to NY from Florida, but that would be pushing it. Being a paraplegic and having lots more issues with airlines and destroyed wheelchairs, no, I don't think air travel is in my future. I have two heart conditions, and am waiting for one or the other to get worse (first) before needing surgery. If Mr. Markle Sr. is having ANY kind of a cardiac procedure done a couple of days before his daughter's wedding it would (99.999%) probably be suicidal to get on an airplane from Mexico to the UK. I am not reading anything from the tabloids anymore, they're such liars. I hope to be able to watch the Royal Wedding early Saturday and pray that the newlyweds enjoy a long, healthy and happy life together. Enjoy the wedding watching folks!

Not even bothering to read it because in the span of two days he has flip flopped his opinion. I laughed at Dickie calling him out on twitter. His show and former paper is the cause for A LOT of the coverage. The Samantha and the Dooley's were on his show how many time? Piers can hush.

Anyways... Charles and Camila were spotted arriving and leaving KP with flowers. They were obviously going to meet Doria. Seems she likely also met with the Cambridges as well.

I didn't bother to read it either. Honestly I'm bored with all of the "KP should have done this or that, or Meghan should have done this or that" from these royal tabloid people.

That's pretty much over - now that the real event has happened these haterrific people from Meghan's paternal side of the family can go away and be relegated to the dustbin of history where they belong.

In hindsight, Thomas Markle Sr. definitely needed more guidance from the Palace. But...Doria Ragland got exactly the same amount of help and SHE hasn't colluded with press.

As for the siblings...how do you control crazy? I suspect that's why Meghan chose not to invite them to the wedding in the first place. She knows them very well, we don't, and neither does Piers Morgan. Imagine all the "inside scoops" they would have sold to the press. And it wouldn't have stopped there, they would have expected even more invitations - to christenings, to check out the new apartment at KP, etc. and the minute Meghan tried to shut them out we'd see exactly what we are seeing now.

Tbh, I'm a really big fan of the "never complain, never explain" policy. It kind of dignified the whole mess of deadling with the press from the BRF side of things and I'd like them to go back to it.

Part of this is because KP staff is really, really bad at dealing with the media, so it would be much better if they went on to posting cute pictures on Instagram than releasing stupid statements that clearly were not thought-out well enough. I don't mean only now, but the last two years have been brutal and Harry and Meghan's relationship has been in the middle of it.

Having said that, I feel for Meghan. I know a thing or two (or ten) about dysfunctional family members and I know that they always come back in the worst possible moment. She's getting married in three, well, almost two days, and she has to deal with all of this instead of being excited and happy. Yes, it's on an unimaginable bigger platform than your usual wedding, but hearing things like that and dealing with this kind of situations hurts no matter how many people know about it, 10 or 10 million.

Ah, it looks like it isn't a rehearsal. It would seem the entire family is meeting Doria.

The Queen just arrived as well.

The Queen is really polite. She would not wait until the actual ceremony to meet the mother of the bride. Too bad Prince Harry didn't learn the lesson from her grandmother and didn't bother to meet the father of the bride at least once before getting married to his daughter ! Or was Tom Sr. who refused to meet his prospective son-in-law ?

Last edited:
Piers and his pals are upset because all the deals the brokered with the siblings are now null and void since they where not invited.

The behavior of those two siblings has been reprehensible since they announced the relationship.

They where advised not to talk to the press. Perhaps if they had followed instructions they would have got an invite.

Had the siblings been invited they would have been given a new platform to further harass Meghan, they would want access to future events and continued to whine to the press while using their father in more schemes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:

I agree.

We've know for the best part of a year and a half that Meghan has only had close contact with her Mother and Father and maybe one or two other relatives. We knew ages ago she was estranged from other members of her family and I remember thinking at least a year ago that the family thread should really be about those members of Meghan's family she is close to rather than the those that she isn't.

On that basis, KP needed only to have dealings with the members of Meghan's family whom she still has a relationship with. What estranged members of her family do is a matter entirely for them and frankly I'd rather we'd have ignored the issue s Kensington Palace appears to have done.

It is only in the last couple of weeks that issues concerning Tom Sr have come to light, his involvement with the paparazzi and his health issues etc etc - considering the uncertain status surrounding his intentions regarding the wedding, it is no wonder that KP have been very quiet - which leads me to the conclusion that all Piers Morgan wanted was for KP to tell him everything that's going on behind closed doors and because they haven't done so, he's having a go at them.

We had two statements from KP this last week - one stating the matter was deeply personal and to respect Tom Sr and one today from Meghan. These two statements are enough for me to know that all is being managed perfectly well behind Palace doors and we need know nothing more.

What ever happened to that supposedly "big scoop" with the Daily Mirror with Tom Jr. being in Windsor for the wedding? Has the Mirror come to their senses and backed away from this black sheeple? Are TPTB tending to Samantha in the hospital, who is obviously frazzled and dazed and confused even more with the events of recently being hunted down by paparazzi that she's blatantly courted for all they're worth, being paid to muzzle the woman and cut off all communications with the outside world? Is TMZ keeping vigil by Tom Sr.'s bedside as his sole support system and consoler throughout this ungodly mess?

Stay tuned for further updates from "As The Stomach Churns" sponsored in part by the folks that bring you Poo-Pourri, that fabulous toilet scent miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom