Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a good point. They're bashing Meghan for not being there when they aren't either. Tom Jr went over when he's not even invited rather than visit his dad.

These people are disgraceful. It's becoming so clear why Meghan cut them out of her life and even why she seems to hold her father at a bit of a distance. Very sad for her that this is playing out in such a public way.

They say weddings and funerals are two of the top 5 most stressful events one can go through - because it brings out family dysfunction at a heightened level.

I hate it that Meghan, Harry, Doria, their friends and (discreet) families and the BRF are having to deal with this.

I agree with this.

I wonder if Ashleigh (Samantha's eldest daughter, a lawyer, and the inspiration for Rachel Zane on Suits) and Christopher (Ashleigh's brother whom Meghan babysat for) have been quietly invited to the wedding. They have not said a peep to the press and are said to get along splendidly with them.

Noel, Samantha's other daughter, has publicly bashed her mother and wished Meghan well but apparently Meghan is not close to her and she has questionable ties (supposedly) to extremist groups, so she is not invited.

As to the Dooleys-----the most telling thing one can tell about Markle Jr. is that his two sons carry another man's last name. That is all you need to know, really. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Dooley came to the UK just to come and not expecting a payday. We don't need another headlines....Came to the UK and now can't pay our way out ..Help us Auntie Meg!

I don't, I don't see why you want this to hurt Meghan more.

I understand it as that Tom Sr has done so much damage to Meghan that there is little left to respect him for or have any type of relationship with him in the future. I for one would be extremely weary of telling him anything for fear it goes to Sam or some tabloid. Sr. has shown he can not be trusted ever, he broke that trust with his daughter, not the other way around. Yes Meghan has I bet some misgivings and hurt feelings about what he did, not what she did....so it IMHO is best to put some distance between them for her sake now. After all she is marrying into the BRF, the one of the oldest royal families in the world and her first loyalty is to England, the BRF and her husband as Muhler pointed out earlier in a comment. She will be a duchess with all the responsibilities that go with that title and name. Now she must for her sake leave the garbage in the garbage can and move forward into a new life with Harry.

I agree with this.

I wonder if Ashleigh (Samantha's eldest daughter, a lawyer, and the inspiration for Rachel Zane on Suits) and Christopher (Ashleigh's brother whom Meghan babysat for) have been quietly invited to the wedding. They have not said a peep to the press and are said to get along splendidly with them.

Noel, Samantha's other daughter, has publicly bashed her mother and wished Meghan well but apparently Meghan is not close to her and she has questionable ties (supposedly) to extremist groups, so she is not invited.

As to the Dooleys-----the most telling thing one can tell about Markle Jr. is that his two sons carry another man's last name. That is all you need to know, really. :sad:

The paternal side of poor Meghan's family is such a mess. I think Ashleigh and her husband are the only ones who sound like they managed to escape the madness - and they did that by cutting the rest of them off.

It might be nice to see them and maybe some of Doria's nephews at the wedding. Just so we can see some good members of Meghan's family from both sides.

What a freak show.

I hope the Dooley came to the UK just to come and not expecting a payday. We don't need another headlines....Came to the UK and now can't pay our way out ..Help us Auntie Meg!

LOL.

Seriously----aside from the sons being cannabis farmers and having not seen Meghan in three years and the mother in 20, these are not necessarily bad people at all. They have not badmouthed her or ridiculed her. On the contrary, they have congratulated and praised her, despite not having any contact with her for some time.

In fact, The eldest Dooley has basically disowned his biological father because of his behavior and apologized to Meghan publicly.

The most you can accuse them of is trying to cash in on the celebrity and notoriety of this. And they also are NOT criminals------weed production is legal in Oregon where they live.

Would you not try to earn some money out of this if you had not acted in a deplorable way like Tweedledum Sam and Tweedledee Junior have? :lol::D??

I don't, I don't see why you want this to hurt Meghan more.
Hurt Meghan more? We seem to forget that Meghan has known these people all of her life! Unlike people who are crying "poor Meghan"....I am of the opinion that Meghan is not at all surprised by their behavior. I think that there is a lot more going on here that we don't know about and I hope it all becomes public!. If I am wrong then I will be the first to apologize!

Remember the rumours about Meghan wanting her mother to walk her down the aisle and she was going to gjve her own wedding speech? I won't be surprised if that was what Meghan wanted all along but the palace advisers was against it.

If it turns out that Snr lied about having heart problems and having to get surgery...then I don't have any sympathy for the media wrath that will come down on him!

Again, if I am proved wrong then I will apologize!

I think Christopher made it out alive and is doing well, too. Yep.

The paternal side of poor Meghan's family is such a mess. I think Ashleigh and her husband are the only ones who sound like they managed to escape the madness - and they did that by cutting the rest of them off.

It might be nice to see them and maybe some of Doria's nephews at the wedding. Just so we can see some good members of Meghan's family from both sides.

What a freak show.

And hiya back!! :flowers:

Maybe the uncle who got her the job at the Buenos Aires Embassy?

The thing is, he sold out his brother's location to the paps.

That may not sit well with Meghan, don't you think? Or Senior himself.

Oh goodness.

Luckily they do quite well for themselves so no need to worry about that.

Hurt Meghan more? We seem to forget that Meghan has known these people all of her life! Unlike people who are crying "poor Meghan"....I am of the opinion that Meghan is not at all surprised by their behavior. I think that there is a lot more going on here that we don't know about and I hope it all becomes public!. If I am wrong then I will be the first to apologize!

Remember the rumours about Meghan wanting her mother to walk her down the aisle and she was going to gjve her own wedding speech? I won't be surprised if that was what Meghan wanted all along but the palace advisers was against it.

If it turns out that Snr lied about having heart problems and having to get surgery...then I don't have any sympathy for the media wrath that will come down on him!

Again, if I am proved wrong then I will apologize!

This is only about her father.
I think it would hurt Meghan more to think her father lied about having heart problems than if he actually needed surgery. And to actually hope that he lied so Meghan would cut him out of her life, isn't nice, which is what was suggested.

I think it would hurt Meghan more to think her father lied about having heart problems than if he actually needed surgery. And to actually hope that he lied so Meghan would cut him out of her life, isn't nice, which is what was suggested.
It may not be nice?!!! Snr blabbing to TMZ instead of talking to Meghan isn't nice eiither! But he's still doing it! How is she supposed to trust him when she marries Harry?
We will have to agree to disagree but I stand by my opinion until I`m proven wrong.

He already got paid. Seriously I know UK papers want to stick it to Meghan but are they REALLY buying newspapers with these people on it? like wow I have to read what the Dullards are saying? is there really nothing going on?

Maybe the uncle who got her the job at the Buenos Aires Embassy?

The thing is, he sold out his brother's location to the paps.

That may not sit well with Meghan, don't you think? Or Senior himself.

That uncle wasn't invited and he's quite bitter about it. He even went to the Press and spoke about it which was even more disappointing than the Sam/Jr. debacle because they're clearly lunatics but this guy is a respected professional and of course people will take what he says about Meg seriously. :bang:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/949509/meghan-markle-family-royal-wedding-prince-harry-may-19

Welcome to the Forums btw :) :flowers:

It may not be nice?!!! Snr blabbing to TMZ instead of talking to Meghan isn't nice eiither! But he's still doing it! How is she supposed to trust him when she marries Harry?
We will have to agree to disagree but I stand by my opinion until I`m proven wrong.

The UK image of Sr. is a innocent oaf who knows nothing about the world even though he worked in the toughest industry for years. Yet he is supposedly destitute but he can drive 165 miles to leave flowers and relax at his home in Los Feliz. Los Feliz is a pretty nice area in LA. Also Sr. is so innocent yet he has TMZ on speed dial. He is supposedly sick but cognizant enough to text or phone TMZ fresh out of surgery?!

Scammer until I see actual proof.

That uncle wasn't invited and he's quite bitter about it. He even went to the Press and spoke about it which was even more disappointing than the Sam/Jr. debacle because they're clearly lunatics but this guy is a respected professional and of course people will take what he says about Meg seriously. :bang:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/949509/meghan-markle-family-royal-wedding-prince-harry-may-19

The one who sold his brother's location..........SCAMMERS!!

I don't know that I believe he actually is calling TMZ. I still think it is possible one of the snakes cozied up to him and he thinks they are being a supportive friend. And he could think he shouldn't be worrying Meghan right now, people get weird ideas when they are ill (if he is.)

I saw this - but he all but admits he hasn't really had contact with her in a very very long time and just expected an invite because "he's family" by blood.

These people are so entitled. I'm exhausted by the lot of them.

Notice who isn't going to the press and embarrassing themselves because they didn't get an invite? Doria's side of the family. :whistling:

Thanks for the link and the comment. I've been shadowing you guys for days and thought I might as well come in. :flowers::flowers:

OT question since I am a newbie----is PageSix considered reputable? Because they have not included my posts here yet to a link which led to that site. It was about Senior. Just asking.

The one who sold his brother's location..........SCAMMERS!!
Yeah.....pardon me, but that is some Cain and Abel s--- right there. :whistling::whistling:

Thanks for the link and the comment. I've been shadowing you guys for days and thought I might as well come in. :flowers::flowers:

OT question since I am a newbie----is PageSix considered reputable? Because they have not included my posts here yet to a link which led to that site. It was about Senior. Just asking.

You may have problems posting comments with links as you're new and in order to verify you're not a bot or spammer any posts you make with links will need to be vetted. This issue goes away after you make a certain number of comments...10+ I think.

I also hope Meghan cuts him out of her life. If he is a manipulative shrew looking to hurt her just to make a buck then I say be done with him. I also hoped she would invite her nieces and nephews because they have supported her plus it would dig at Samantha and show that the Markle's with common sense and decency are welcome in her new life.

I have been reading some of the new articles on the wedding and they have suggested
that all of this could have been avoided if Meghan and Harry had made more of an
effort to visit her father and support him in the months leading up to the wedding.
Why not invite the relatives. No matter what as one article said it is not a nice feeling
to be left out of such an historical event. Also it was suggested as I had mentioned here
before and got shot down quite quickly, Harry could have opted for a more private wedding with less of a show.

I understand it as that Tom Sr has done so much damage to Meghan that there is little left to respect him for or have any type of relationship with him in the future. I for one would be extremely weary of telling him anything for fear it goes to Sam or some tabloid. Sr. has shown he can not be trusted ever, he broke that trust with his daughter, not the other way around. Yes Meghan has I bet some misgivings and hurt feelings about what he did, not what she did....so it IMHO is best to put some distance between them for her sake now. After all she is marrying into the BRF, the one of the oldest royal families in the world and her first loyalty is to England, the BRF and her husband as Muhler pointed out earlier in a comment. She will be a duchess with all the responsibilities that go with that title and name. Now she must for her sake leave the garbage in the garbage can and move forward into a new life with Harry.

Honestly, aside from the fact of her life when she says I do, I do think it is best for Meghan to distance herself from her father. She might love him as her father, but she can't count on him. As someone that grew up with a parent that, while they may love you in their own, always manage to screw up royally and fail you, it's just not good for her. You think you can manage the situation with them as long as you are old enough. But they have a talent to blow things up for you in the most important times in your life even if they don't mean to. It's a combination of bad judgment and an inability overcome their own shortcomings.

You may have problems posting comments with links as you're new and in order to verify you're not a bot or spammer any posts you make with links will need to be vetted. This issue goes away after you make a certain number of comments...10+ I think.

Thank you kindly for that. :previous:

It was a good story. Apparently, PageSix was reporting that a paparazzi basically EXTORTED Senior over the original pictures. Basically telling Senior---let me photograph you or I will make the pictures that appear to show you as disheveled drunk even worse. The story came out 1 or so days ago.

Here is the story, although I am not providing the link per your suggestions:

Meghan Markle‘s father was told unflattering photos of him drinking and entering a fleabag hotel taken by a paparazzi agency would be quashed if he cooperated with the agency and posed for a new set of photos, sources said.
“The poor guy was set up,” a source told The Post of Thomas Markle.
Coleman-Rayner News Picture Agency had been stalking the princess-to-be’s dad at his home in Mexico for months, said the source.
After getting some unflattering photos of him buying beer and checking into a cheap hotel room in California, the source said Coleman-Rayner approached him last month and offered him a deal.
“They told him if he posed, they wouldn’t put out the other pictures. They told him they’d make him look good,” said the source. “They also gave him a few bucks for his trouble.”
Markle posed for a series of photos, including one in which he was allegedly being fitted for his wedding suit.
The Daily Mail originally leaked the story that the photos were a fake.
A humiliated Markle has said he had a heart attack last week and was still in the hospital.
Although Markle said he no longer planned to walk his daughter down the aisle, a source said he is still planning to go.
Coleman-Rayner did not immediately return calls or emails seeking comment.

Question: Why did he not just go to KP for protection if this really happened? They would have taken care of the pap.

Again, this is unverified.......but IF true, it casts Senior in a whole new light. Not a total excuse, but understanding.

I have been reading some of the new articles on the wedding and they have suggested
that all of this could have been avoided if Meghan and Harry had made more of an
effort to visit her father and support him in the months leading up to the wedding.
Why not invite the relatives. No matter what as one article said it is not a nice feeling
to be left out of such an historical event. Also it was suggested as I had mentioned here
before and got shot down quite quickly, Harry could have opted for a more private wedding with less of a show.

they don't want invites they want MONEY. They get paid to trash Meghan. Also KP has offered assistance to Tom Sr. He is not an idiot but he chose to listen to his daughter Sam and sell fake pictures. There is only so much you can do for grown adults.

If Meghan invited them to her wedding they would have still ruined it by selling stories and pictures about it.

Regarding a private wedding. Why should he not have the wedding he wishes. Meghan orginally wanted a smaller wedding but was told they could not have that.

So Harry has to do less because these evil relatives want to pitch a fit?

Um, no.

Meghan owes them nothing and their actions prove why she has zero to do with them. This is what they do. And she was wise to avoid them because you don't negotiate with terrorist.

There would be A LOT of commotion and problems from different segment of society for different reasons had this wedding been private. People thought it was bad when the photographers other than PA photographers were shut out of the Castle? It'd be 100 times worse. And as for her relatives, do you mean her dad or the estranged siblings and people Meghan hasn't seen in decades? Some of them were trashing and causing problems for Meghan well before the engagement. If they are invited by that point, it would only validate their comments and that they were speaking out on behalf of Meghan for the media.

Or maybe these Markles could have behaved more like Doria's side of the family, who haven't been pitching fits and acting a fool because they (reportedly) weren't invited.

At the end of the day the wedding will be a great success. And the prelude drama will be a distant memory.

It was a good story. Apparently, PageSix was reporting that a paparazzi basically EXTORTED Senior over the original pictures. Basically telling Senior---let me photograph you or I will make the pictures that appear to show you as disheveled drunk even worse. The story came out 1 or so days ago.

Question: Why did he not just go to KP for protection if this really happened? They would have taken care of the pap.

Again, this is unverified.......but IF true, it casts Senior in a whole new light. Not a total excuse, but understanding.

Based on his actions, I don't doubt that KP had no idea about the situation. And KP is not the all powerful absolute monarch of the middle ages that can chop people's heads off. If they didn't break the law, there isn't much KP can do in regards to it getting published.

KP went to all the Markles and told them avoid the press. There is no excuse why her father has spoken to TMZ five times. I could excuse the 1st time but FIVE? No. There is no excuse especially when he is telling them he hasn't even spoken to Meghan.

If this is true, it casts Senior in another bad light - stupidity. All he had to do was contact Meghan and KP and we already know KP contacted him. It also means he was more concerned about how he looked rather than thinking further.

Again - he could have acted with the maturity of Doria - but he didn't. And he's older than she is and should know better.

He should have immediately called his daughter and she would have brought in KP to handle the extortion attempt. Instead he went along with it and made things a million times worse. Plus, he's STILL TALKING TO TMZ!

I'm just tired of people infantilizing this man when Doria faced similar garbage and managed just fine.

they don't want invites they want MONEY. They get paid to trash Meghan. Also KP has offered assistance to Tom Sr. He is not an idiot but he chose to listen to his daughter Sam and sell fake pictures. There is only so much you can do for grown adults.

If Meghan invited them to her wedding they would have still ruined it by selling stories and pictures about it.

Regarding a private wedding. Why should he not have the wedding he wishes. Meghan orginally wanted a smaller wedding but was told they could not have that.

The Dooleys just want publicity. Nothing personal against Meghan.

Junior just resents her because she did not invite him. He also just all around does not like her. To the point he has already joined forces with an older sister even Andrew Morton has recorded in his bio of Meghan he never got along with.

Samantha just seems to have a hatred of Meghan almost from day one. Morton theorizes it may have been due to the fact that she no longer was "Daddy's Little Girl" in his eyes after Meghan was born and she was totally replaced by Meghan. Also, like Meghan, Samantha aspired to be an actress but never achieved anything of note in that career and failed. Jealousy and hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom