Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ A masterly apologia...

Have you thought of flogging it to TMZ ?

I never apologize for looking for the best in people. Since I am neither evil nor hard-hearted myself, seeing those characteristics in others does not come naturally to me.

BBC News’s, Jonny Dymond, make some very valid points in his excellent article-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-44146766?__twitter_impression=true

Given how different this situation is, I’m of the opinion, that Palace officials simply didn’t think of a strategy to help the Markles deal with the media interest.

I’m glad things have kinda calmed down though.

Last edited:
Yvonne (aka Samantha) doesn't get along with anyone, and never has. She has been a pain for decades. Basically gave away two of her children (they have not said a word), and almost ruined the life of her daughter. No one has relationship/interest in her and there are reasons for that. She appears to be happy when she has caused drama, pain, and unhappiness to others. she was that way as a teen and she is still the same way.

Correct! And the so called book will have no surprises. She can't say too much more because she does not know Meghan as an adult at all, and hated her as a young child/baby. No surprise. She is estranged from all of her family, and those that have tried to help her in the past. She has no close friends. No one to say anything nice about her. She has burned her bridges, and folks simply stay away from her. You make the bed you will sleep in.

I used to think that Samantha was merely an unbalanced loudmouth. However, over the past week I am seriously starting to think that this manipulative woman is actually quite evil.

It's a good job she doesn't live in the UK or there might be serious concerns for Meghan's physical safety. Samantha has already tried her best to wreck one of the most important days of her half sister's life.

You got BINGO!!!

They are being attacked because she caused it all from jump. She gave the media the few photos that she has of Meghan, and she started with the disparaging remarks, and set off the fire storm. Of course the media jumped all over it, and she got paid!

Pure evil!

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew it wouldn't be long but Thomas Jr now talking to the UK press and is in town. Wow.

I think he must have been dreaming of and dreading the wedding day for the last year. He dreamed of walking his cherished daughter down the aisle; he dreaded being in that social milieu for hours on end, wearing fabulous but uncomfortable clothes; making small talk with the Queen and the DoE and Charles, unable to slip away and sit down with his own thoughts.

His lifestyle for so many years was laidback and peaceful, and now he would have to deal with (possibly) crippling social anxiety. With the best will in the world, he just couldn’t face it. Even though he’s only 73, plenty of folks that age has cannot cope with dramatic situations. Had he a well-meaning and solicitous family member or friend nearby, things might have happened differently.

I’m sorry for him, and for Meghan and Harry. I keep thinking of my own widowed mother and how very nearly paralyzed with apprehension she was when she had to attend an elegant soirée hosted by my inlaws, whom she had not met. She would have ‘called in sick’ if we had not been firmly by her side.

Even his little adventure with the paps was mainly harmless until his other kids got involved.

While reading this, a thought flashed through my mind of just the right person that would be able to put Mr. Markle at ease understanding where he's coming from in these social situations. Its too bad that Mr. Markle didn't get the chance to visit Harry and Meghan in the UK privately before all this wedding business happened and had a sit down chat with Camilla. If anyone could have made him feel at ease, it would be her.

I sincerely do believe that he was talked into the pictures by Samantha thinking that Sam had "experience" of handling the press. What made me think of this is the statement made that Tom Sr. called Sam while he was being chased on the freeway by pap cars. He's quickly found out that he was bamboozled into doing something that turned out to be horribly wrong and the way to stop doing it again was to withdraw from anything further.

So, I do sincerely believe that the machinations of Samantha has been behind this all along. Doesn't excuse Mr. Markle's behavior though.

BBC News’s, Jonny Dymond, make some very valid points in his excellent article-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-44146766?__twitter_impression=true

Given how different this situation is, I’m of the opinion, that Palace officials simply didn’t think of a strategy to help the Markles deal with the media interest.

I’m glad things have kinda calmed down though.

I get the perspective of the article - but "the Markles" aside from Thomas Sr are NOT really Meghan's family. Meghan doesn't know them or consort with them - I think the palace erroneously thought that because they were essentially estranged, the media would realize they didn't know anything about Meghan and get bored since they had no real dirt.

The only thing I think KP might have managed better was Thomas Sr - but that lets him off the hook for how he has behaved himself.

That lets him off the hook while in contrast Doria has been perfect.

That lets him off the hook while in contrast Doria's nephew has been perfect.

That lets him off the hook while in contrast Doria's stepmom has been damn near perfect.

That lets him off the hook while most of Doria's family (except one estranged half brother) has been perfect.

If the reports are true and they didn't get invites - they aren't outchea giving interviews and acting a fool.

Why are we ignoring an ENTIRE side of a family behaving WELL that by all accounts was closer to Meghan than the Markle side? A side that may not have even been invited?

But they aren't giving tell alls to the press.

I don't know how anyone could have known Thomas Markle would do what he did. I think KP warned them in Jan like Sam said they did, and Thomas went rogue because he SELFISHLY didn't like how he looked.

Meanwhile Doria got called out by the press in the beginning and framed in the most racist way, yet she persevered with dignity. Thomas Markle Sr? Oh he got upset because someone took a picture of him with a toilet and some d@mn beer. Gah he's the definition of fragility.

He wouldn't last a day in Doria's shoes or Meghan's.

:bang:

I just hope Meghan has a very happy day even if her father doesn't end up walking her down the aisle

Is there ANY word on 'Mr Fragile's' medical 'state' ? Anything at all ?

Nope. I've been looking too. His surgery should be finished by now - they claimed he'd be going in at 7:30am - and that was probably Pacific time. So, 10.30 EST.

If something bad had happened the news would be all over it by now.

If he did have surgery then I hope it went well. If he didn't have surgery, well then ... :bang:

Is there ANY word on 'Mr Fragile's' medical 'state' ? Anything at all ?

Not that I have heard. Right now I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, but if he is not in a hospital having a stent placed, and is just laying low, then he's crossed so far over into irredeemable territory that he can't even see the border.

TMZ now saying he is alert and out of surgery. Tom Sr., that is.

And he's still talking to TMZ. :nonono:

Glad that he had a successful surgery and hope he has a speedy recover.

And he's still talking to TMZ. :nonono:

Glad that he had a successful surgery and hope he has a speedy recover.

I wouldn't be surprised if at this point he feels as though whoever he is talking to at TMZ really cares about him, unlike all those other nasty tabloid reporters. There's some rich irony there, if you think about it.

Glad he seems to be doing better, and wish a quick (and private) recovery for him. Maybe now would be a good time to stop talking? Just putting it out there.

Yep. Apparently he flew out yesterday and did an exclusive interview with The Mirror. He is the cover story out tomorrow.

He can have a reunion with his kids and ex.

I am just waiting for Samantha to arrive next.

:bang:

Last edited:
Honestly, I come home from work these days and open this thread to see what unreasonable (I wanted to say "bat **** crazy", but unreasonable sounded nicer) behavior Meghan's family was up to in the last 12 hours. I am never disappointed.

She has definitely learned from what she has experienced in life. Bless her for that.

And honestly, I wish every member of her family a fulfilling life going forward. A life that is filled with goodness, kindness to others, open-minded, generous of spirit, un-judgemental, not-self-seeking, merciful, full of peace, accepting of responsibility for self and the like.

In the meantime, I am trying to be good and kind to to her family, open-minded, generous of spirit, un-judgemental, not-self-seeking, merciful, full of peace, and the like. :flowers:

I think perhaps he wanted to participate in the wedding but got overwhelmed about the whole thing and self sabotaged. It was easier to let things blow up than get on the plane and be a part of the big event...

My opinion about this saga is completely different and I am sure there are those who won’t agree, which is just fine, too. I strongly believe that first Mirror ‘scoop’ on Sr’s whereabouts late last year was a set up arranged by him and the newspaper in conjunction with others. And not just his brother and Jr as some like to believe.

Some say well he had nothing to do or kept away from the media for a very long and that had he wanted to profit he could easily have done so as soon as the M/H relationship came to light. But I’d argue the point that being a mere girlfriend is actually quite different to being engaged to be married to a Prince. And so once it became apparent that this was indeed the real deal, it maximised any effect. He obviously hadn’t banked on his collusion/scam getting exposed. And yes although he hasn’t really said anything nasty (as yet) - because he really wanted to attend Meghan’s wedding for the “historic moment” and in order to become “a part of history”...before the ‘surgery’ story derailed all that, I feel there’s more to it than meets the eye. My instincts tell me was getting the cold shoulder treatment after pap dealings emerged and he felt he was owed more respect. He probably also isn’t happy that his role in walking Meghan down the aisle was diminished somewhat and that Doria would be riding with M in the car to the castle while he only gets meet up in the church before walking her. (Jealously), again just my opinion.

Regarding his excuses for his deceitful behaviour with the Paps/media, he claims he set this up to show a presentable side of himself. His daughter Sam echoes this and adds that it was for the Royal Family’s ‘benefit’ too. I find that hard to believe cos there was barely anything flattering about those images showing him peering at the computer screen in an Internet cafe as though he is so destitute he can’t even afford his own and someone whose only means of getting any information on H&M was to trod off to an Internet cafe. Why was he wearing the same clothes over & over in the other photos? Samantha is horrid and their actions were IMHO intended to portray to the world the image of a lonely man left abandoned and destitute by a callous well-off daughter. Plus make even more money on the sly.

I mean this is a man with private pensions, two cars and another home in LA and access to free medical care. He is also far from being a ‘recluse’ judging by his despicable antics with the pap/camera crew at Ms Raglands. He visits his brother and attended a school reunion not that long ago. So much for being a recluse and shy.

I think in her public life Meghan made references to her dad’s positive attributes but was also very careful to shield some very undesirable flaws she’s aware of. Understandably for any person that really loves a parent. No big deal.

Perry County family will soon have royal connection | PennLive.com

Last edited:
All that way to the UK and paying all that money to fly with so many suitcases only to learn that they'll have to camp out starting now to get anywhere close to the royal wedding. Poor Dooleys. Not. The sounds we hear are the sounds of egos deflating.

After all that has gone down, Any worthwhile media outlets covering the wedding is going to realize that pandering to any of the Markles is just going to be a bad reflection on them.

I wouldn't be surprised if at this point he feels as though whoever he is talking to at TMZ really cares about him, unlike all those other nasty tabloid reporters. There's some rich irony there, if you think about it.

Glad he seems to be doing better, and wish a quick (and private) recovery for him. Maybe now would be a good time to stop talking? Just putting it out there.

Yes, I think it is possible that someone at TMZ has befriended him and is using him.

Thomas Jr is here in the U.K. and pictured outside Windsor Castle, invited by the Mirror newspaper nonetheless. Oh he has changed his tune about Meghan, too:ermm:

Ghastly family.

Want to make a bet that he is hoping that Meghan might need someone to fill in for their father?

I wonder how delusional he is..........?

You can't make this crap up. Now Samantha in the hospital. Nah. Sorry. Their agenda is very, very clear.

Ignore them Meghan. Ignore them media.

Ah, just maybe Karma is going to really take some huge bits out of someone where they sit ...........??? now for Sam, Jr and her father.

I know some here don't believe he is bad, maybe he is and maybe he isn't yet he did something so horrible in talking to the tabloids before his own daughter and then back tracking all to be part of *history* not his daughter's wedding first.....IMHO he is no better then his oldest daughter for she fell from his tree while Meghan fell from her mother's tree......

As it is said, *what you put out to the universe will come right back at you*.....so they should very carefully watch their steps from now on out......:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom