Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If all these press people can follow Mr Markle around and tell us exactly what he purchased from McDonald's etc. Then how come they can't tell us which hospital he has checked into. Unless of course he hasn't checked into one yet. The time difference sometimes makes things confusing here. At the moment it is 10.45am Wednesday morning here in Australia.

I don't believe anything is wrong with Mr. Markle. All the attention he has received has gotten on his nerves. But he needs to be at that wedding! If he doesn't he'll never live that down. Meghan will always be hurt he did not attend.

I don't believe anything is wrong with Mr. Markle. All the attention he has received has gotten on his nerves. But he needs to be at that wedding! If he doesn't he'll never live that down. Meghan will always be hurt he did not attend.

I didn’t/don’t believe he had a heart attack JMO. But I do believe, again JMO, that he went to hospital as part of “cover-up spin” and there they perhaps found a blockage and he needs a stent.

^^^ He now blames Jr's letter for it.

*deep breath*

Last edited:
It's sad that this is probably deeply upsetting to Meghan. I would want my father to attend, even if I had to postpone the wedding. One of my friends went through with her wedding even though her father was in the hospital. They had already paid out a lot for the reception and people had travelled for the wedding, but she told me that she never felt right about getting married without her father.

It's sad that this is probably deeply upsetting to Meghan. I would want my father to attend, even if I had to postpone the wedding. One of my friends went through with her wedding even though her father was in the hospital. They had already paid out a lot for the reception and people had travelled for the wedding, but she told me that she never felt right about getting married without her father.

Yea, that’s not really an option at this point unless someone passes away.

Just a silly question here and I have lots of baloney to eat if I am wrong, has anyone found the hospital or can anyone prove this is even happening? We all know how these people lie through their teeth, so what gives with this man and his heart or what? For me personally, I want to see him in a hospital bed with his heart doc beside him, nothing else will do for this skeptical woman at all, as said before, proof is in the pudding........

This also could be a sham to get out or the wedding because he is scared of what I do not know...something is really really off with this man!

Our news says severe weather/storms affecting 10 states in the United States. I hope this bad weather doesn't impede on Doria's travel plans.

Just a silly question here and I have lots of baloney to eat if I am wrong, has anyone found the hospital or can anyone prove this is even happening? We all know how these people lie through their teeth, so what gives with this man and his heart or what? For me personally, I want to see him in a hospital bed with his heart doc beside him, nothing else will do for this skeptical woman at all, as said before, proof is in the pudding........

This also could be a sham to get out or the wedding because he is scared of what I do not know...something is really really off with this man!

Honestly, he can go do the procedure at a private clinic...so we may never know if he does or does not have the surgery.

As we previously discussed because of HIPPA laws, no one is going to get any pertinent information.

I agree, I don’t believe a word about of his mouth.

And, people with “heart problems” do not usually get their meals at McDonald’s or KFC! �� And, people from Mexico very often come to San Diego for medical issues. But, driving around the border area and going to fast food and Home Depot doesn’t sound very sick to me. JMO. ��

Honestly, he can go do the procedure at a private clinic...so we may never know if he does or does not have the surgery.

As we previously discussed because of HIPPA laws, no one is going to get any pertinent information.
Things have certainly changed in the USA if they are performing angioplasty/inserting stents in private clinics these days. My understanding was that while the procedure has become fairly routine, they need to be near an operating theatre for the rare occasion when things go south as minutes can mean the difference between life and death. In fact, when my mom was having hers, another woman had to be rushed for open heart surgery due to a complication.
After my mom’s procedure as well as several people I’ve worked with - soon after the procedure they looked much better, and said they felt much better, I guess because they were getting more oxygen.
Mr. Markle certainly could have heart disease given his age, and excess weight. It’s possible the stress from all of this forced him to see a doctor for anxiety related symptoms leading to the discovery of the blockage and now the need for the procedure.
What a cluster, but I suppose Sam is relishing being the one with all of the information & being the one sought by the press. I predict Tom Jr. will pull some stunt next - as he’s being ignored at the moment.

And, people with “heart problems” do not usually get their meals at McDonald’s or KFC! �� And, people from Mexico very often come to San Diego for medical issues. But, driving around the border area and going to fast food and Home Depot doesn’t sound very sick to me. JMO. ��

People with blockages certainly do eat at McDonalds and KFC- that's often why they have the blockage.

All this sound another lie, but if it is true I hope surgery goes ok because I cannot imagine how would be for Megahn if anything would happen to her father before the wedding

I do understand about the HIPPA Laws yet I have had this done to me, not once but twice in a hospital with docs and nurses.....believe me this is not something to make a joke about. You do not go to a clinic in a foreign country and lay on an operating table to get this done..........hell no! TSr has medical I bet and being retired from the industry he was in I bet he has great benefits in medical also not just in pension either. He IMHO is making a joke out of his daughter and a fool of himself by saying this. And one important thing, this man has I bet tons of media, paps, reporters and cameras following his ever move, someone somewhere would have spotted him going to a clinic or a hospital anytime of the day or night. He can not all of sudden be invisible where he can't be found, so it is difficult for me to take his word at this.

So for me believing is seeing.......nothing else will do...

TMZ is infamous for its medical scoops. If he is having this surgery done, TMZ knows where. They have contacts and sources in all the hospitals in LA and they stated it was being done in LA.

Yet...no pics of him leaving his house for the hospital? The DM alone has 3 reporters in MX tracking him...and nothing?

The Daily Beast's Tom Sykes had an interesting take. I am no fan of his, and he hates Harry, but this was still somewhat understanable.

He stated that after 6pm, KP only have ONE person responding to inquiries Sunday and Monday night and no one was telling the royal correspondents anything. The statement they did release, reporters thought wasn't a complete statement.

Sykes said that TMZ has been more communicative with the press than KP. The TMZ reporter who is mainly connected to Tom Markle Sr is now on his way to London for the wedding. TMZ stated they didn't offer Sr any money to talk to them, nor did he ask. How did they get in touch with him in the first place? Well, they simply texted him!

TMZ is awful but they are very very very crafty. Harvey Levin knows his stuff and knows how to keep things just barely legal, even if not ethical. He stated that the palace communicated to them that Markle Sr has not responded to their attempts to reach out.

It is all just rather extraordinary. Harry needs to look long and hard at his communications staff and make some necessary changes IMO.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-t...rince-harrys-wedding-devastatingly?ref=author

MadAboutMeghan has the interview with Levin: http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
TMZ is infamous for its medical scoops. If he is having this surgery done, TMZ knows where. They have contacts and sources in all the hospitals in LA and they stated it was being done in LA.

Yet...no pics of him leaving his house for the hospital? The DM alone has 3 reporters in MX tracking him...and nothing?

The Daily Beast's Tom Sykes had an interesting take. I am no fan of his, and he hates Harry, but this was still somewhat understanable.

He stated that after 6pm, KP only have ONE person responding to inquiries Sunday and Monday night and no one was telling the royal correspondents anything. The statement they did release, reporters thought wasn't a complete statement.

Sykes said that TMZ has been more communicative with the press than KP. The TMZ reporter who is mainly connected to Tom Markle Sr is now on his way to London for the wedding. TMZ stated they didn't offer Sr any money to talk to them, nor did he ask. How did they get in touch with him in the first place? Well, they simply texted him!

TMZ is awful but they are very very very crafty. Harvey Levin knows his stuff and knows how to keep things just barely legal, even if not ethical. He stated that the palace communicated to them that Markle Sr has not responded to their attempts to reach out.

It is all just rather extraordinary. Harry needs to look long and hard at his communications staff and make some necessary changes IMO.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-t...rince-harrys-wedding-devastatingly?ref=author

MadAboutMeghan has the interview with Levin: Mad About Meghan

This quote from the article enrages me:

"And here’s a sobering thought for those courtiers to reflect on over the next few days: Maybe if the palace had made the same efforts to engage Thomas Markle that TMZ did, he might have told them about his plans first."

Really? What about how Thomas should have told his daughter first?! WTH?

I think at this point, we all just need to realize some people can't be helped, and move on.

I know I'm going against the tide here, but I am not comfortable with all of this venom and anger directed at Mr. Markle. I agree his actions this past week have been baffling and incomprehensible. However, none of what we are seeing from him this week, in any way matches what we've seen from him since Meghan started dating Harry. We basically saw and heard nothing. No one even knew for sure where he lived, and he certainly didn't offer himself up.

I am not comfortable putting him in the same category with Tom Jr and Samantha/Yvonne/whatever her name is. Those two have spent the better part of a year tearing Meghan down in public, spreading lies and just generally being awful people. And the people who know them all agree they are awful people. On the other hand what little we have heard about Tom Sr from others was that he was a good, hardworking man, who adored Meghan and made sure she had the best he could provide her with. Meghan herself has said that. More than once. Way before she was in any "royal" spotlight. And if there were any awful stories about him to tell, trust and believe someone would have come forward to tell it. Sorry I'm not willing to denigrate a man who seemingly has lived a decent, hardworking life, who found himself in the midst of a,whirlwind he did not ask for, perhaps is dealing with some other issues of which we are not privy, and then proceeded to make a mess of things. I'm sure this is all very hurtful for Meghan to see her father being torn down this way, especially if she knows more about his situation than we do, and actually knows the type of man he is.

Look I have no idea what led Tom Sr. to behave as he has this week, but the fact that there is nothing else we've seen, to point to these kinds of actions tells me, that there is more going on here. He is a human being. A person. Meghan's father who she loves. He is not some project for the Royal Family to "fix up" or hide away or really do anything with. They can'take make him do one single thing. I mean, seriously. This acting like the Royal Family is some group of people beyond reproach and everyone else is beneath them? Please. If Meghan wants a relationship with her Father, I guarantee she will have a relationship with her father. Beatrice and Eugenie still have a relationship with their mother don't they?

As for Meghan having to walk on eggshells to somehow "makeup" for this, well she was going to have to do that anyway. There are people who no matter what she does will find her lacking. The only thing she could do to appease them is to go away, and since she isn't doing that, they will stay mad.

With that I wish Meghan and Harry the very best this weekend. I pray whatever is ailing Mr. Markle is handled and that Doria continues to be the strong, constant force for Meghan that she has been.

Last edited:
This quote from the article enrages me:

"And here’s a sobering thought for those courtiers to reflect on over the next few days: Maybe if the palace had made the same efforts to engage Thomas Markle that TMZ did, he might have told them about his plans first."

Really? What about how Thomas should have told his daughter first?! WTH?

This is what gets to me. In their haste to call out palace, these reporters are completely overlooking the horrible way Mr Markle has treated Meghan. She found out FROM TMZ, that her father had had a heart attack (and wouldn't walk her down the aisle). She tried to call him and text him, he IGNORED her calls and texts, didn't reply or call back. But he did call TMZ to let them know he had had another heart attack, and he changed his mind, he'd be at the wedding, if his doctors agreed. And now TMZ has updated the world, that Mr Markle will have surgery.

Yet Meghan will get called heartless for not postponing her wedding and going to her father's side, when Meghan most likely doesn't even know in what hospital he is at. She might have to call TMZ to find any info on her dad.

We actually don't know if Tom didn't contact Meghan. We are going by tabloid rumor that he told TMZ first and not his daughter. I doubt he hasn't had a few conversations with her, since the news broke about the staging photos.

What Alliec76 said.

Tom Sr. has certainly made a mess of things, but he didn't have a heart attack at Meghan, or set out to ruin her wedding, create controversy, and spoil the fantasy for all of us fascinated observers.

I think TMZ is terrible, but the one mildly ethical thing they have done is not reveal where Tom Sr. is. Hopefully he can have his procedure, and recover quickly, and resume his preferred life of obscurity.

What Alliec76 said.

Tom Sr. has certainly made a mess of things, but he didn't have a heart attack at Meghan, or set out to ruin her wedding, create controversy, and spoil the fantasy for all of us fascinated observers.

I think TMZ is terrible, but the one mildly ethical thing they have done is not reveal where Tom Sr. is. Hopefully he can have his procedure, and recover quickly, and resume his preferred life of obscurity.

And that's what gets me. This is just something for us to observe. But this is his real life. And Meghan and Harry's. The glee some are taking in this is to me, uncomfortable. Tom Sr. doesn't owe us a thing. Not his location, not his diagnosis, not one thing. The only one he truly owes anything to is Meghan. And the one statement they put out yesterday, still asking people to respect him during this time tells me a lot. Because they did not have to add that part.

I appreciate what you are saying Alliec, and I wish Mr Markle help and quick healing for whatever is ailing him...

But he blindsided his daughter and has cast a massive shadow over the biggest week of her life. He has left her insanely exposed and vulnerable to continued media attack and public scrutiny. He has continued to show selfish disdain for her feelings by talking to the press and airing out his issues in the public forum. As soon as the pap scandal hit, he should have taken cover with the KP press department and let them handle it. He instead did the absolute worst thing by going to TMZ, the best vultures in the darn game. They now have a bit in their mouth.

The photos were dumb. Very dumb, but it would have blown over as the wedding got closer. The talking to TMZ? That is worse.

The media is absolutely culpable. DM only cares about the pap set up because they didn't profit from it and got pissy. They had just ran an extremely mean-spirited article on Markle Sr on Saturday before they ran the pap story. They have continued to prop up her disgusting siblings and print nothing but lies since the beginning. They have an agenda to take down Meghan.

I am going to be real here folks, optics and PR matter. It is what it is with the royal family. I adore Harry and like Meghan, but the palace has royally messed up handling the fall out of this, and frankly have struggled to manage the narrative around this relationship for a while. That is a huge part of the royal project and KP has done their (IMO) stars in Harry and Meghan a great disservice. This will impact how folks view them, and I don't think it will be good.

I am SO happy to see Doria is enroute!

And Burberry? I am very intrigued!

Meghan's mum is on her way -

Meghan Markle's mom Doria Ragland heads to LAX | Daily Mail Online

Hope things settle down now and everyone gets good weather on the day.

Lots of coverage coming of every little thing.

Artificial flowers? - why not.

Very excited to see Doria on her way.

Re: the flowers, I did see mention of the artificial flowers. It's nice if the waste of using real flowers is cut back in some areas where fresh flowers might not be absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very excited to see Doria on her way. The absolutely nasty comments on that DM article though....but then again, it IS the Fail.

Re: the flowers, I did see mention of the artificial flowers. It's nice if the waste of using real flowers is cut back in some areas where fresh flowers might not be absolutely necessary.

And if there are artificial flowers EloisevonLippe, maybe passed onto nursing homes or royal fans as momentos afterwards.

(Saw on one of the many Meghan and Harry specials that the green-leafed trees used in Catherine and William's wedding were a replacement. The original blossom trees got damaged in the un-expected heat of the week/s before their big day. Nice comment from the florist about how cool the bride was when informed - no bridezilla meltdown. Things happen in every wedding no matter how good the planning.)

I am SO happy to see Doria is enroute!

And Burberry? I am very intrigued!

So much for all those assurances mum and dad were in the UK and already installed at Kensington Palace Zaira.

The number of places I saw that reported...:lol:.

(Though I do believe the report that Meghan and Harry spent their final weekend at the new place in the Cotswolds - big kitchen window looking out in to the woods and all.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom