The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #701  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,513
Yeah there will be no media from this and it shouldn't. Meghan must be exhausted. She clearly has been very very busy. Probably counting down until the honeymoon.
__________________

  #702  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well you won’t get it. It’s private or should be it would be a terrible slip up to make it a photo call
No one is asking for a photo call
just one official photo will suffice.
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #703  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,757
The BRF don't release official photos for these type of private events, so we won't be seeing one from Meghan.
__________________
  #704  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
There isn’t a photo for everything royals do privately something some people will have to get use too. And don’t plan on seeing monthly photos of little babies either. Doesn’t happen
  #705  
Old 03-03-2018, 11:42 PM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 661
In case anyone is interested, there's a wee bit about the Kensington Palace Chapel on the website of BCA Consulting, who did a refurbishment of it in the early 2000s.

Built in the 1830s, it had apparently been converted to accommodation use, but was restored to reflect its original use and was rededicated in 2002.

There are a couple of pictures on the company's website, though they're very small.

Kensington Palace Chapel case study by BCA Consulting
  #706  
Old 03-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
It's nice that her parents are coming. That conversation between Harry and Tom Sr should be interesting.
  #707  
Old 03-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,015
Thanks hel. How interesting. I know Kate was confirmed at the Chapel at St James and thought that was where Meghan would be too. It's lovely that this little Chapel has been rededicated.

It will be great if Meghan's father can come to the ceremony. I'm sure Harry and he will get on like a house on fire once they get to know each other.
  #708  
Old 03-04-2018, 04:34 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Again, the difference is that Máxima was Dutch when her children were born... To me it makes a big difference if you use the custom of the country of your citizenship (of course that prevails) or the country that you are only 'living in' while not a citizen (in that case, I'd say her legal name should be used - so that is unless they speed up her process, which I think would be the wise thing to do).
Having Dutch kids is irrelevant in determining if or not one can hold a Dutch title, and in any case Maxima still holds Argentinian citizenship as she wasn’t allowed to renounce regardless of her fast tracked Dutch one. So the Dutch have an Argentinian as its Queen which is fine in my book (progress & all that.)

Her children are also half Argentinian, are they automatically Argentinian citizens as well? Children born to Prince Harry and Meghan will have both British and American citizenship obviously.
  #709  
Old 03-04-2018, 05:11 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Having Dutch kids is irrelevant in determining if or not one can hold a Dutch title, and in any case Maxima still holds Argentinian citizenship as she wasn’t allowed to renounce regardless of her fast tracked Dutch one. So the Dutch have an Argentinian as its Queen which is fine in my book (progress & all that.)

Her children are also half Argentinian, are they automatically Argentinian citizens as well? Children born to Prince Harry and Meghan will have both British and American citizenship obviously.
In regards to Harry and Meghan's children, yes they will. Thank you for pointing this out.
  #710  
Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Having Dutch kids is irrelevant in determining if or not one can hold a Dutch title, and in any case Maxima still holds Argentinian citizenship as she wasn’t allowed to renounce regardless of her fast tracked Dutch one. So the Dutch have an Argentinian as its Queen which is fine in my book (progress & all that.)

Her children are also half Argentinian, are they automatically Argentinian citizens as well?
That is actually a good question. Like many countries in the American continent, Argentina adopts the principle of jus soli under which any person born in Argentinian territory automatically acquires Argentinian citizenship by birth, unless his or her parents are in the service of a foreign government, e.g. diplomats. However, Argentinian law also recognizes jus sanguinis, meaning that children of at least one Argentinian parent also acquire Argentinian citizenship.

Since Máxima was an Argentinian citizen at the time when her daughters were born (and actually still is), my understanding is that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane also have Argentinian citizenship. Has that ever been an issue in the Netherlands ?
  #711  
Old 03-04-2018, 06:20 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,894
Why do the British royals share pictures after the christening and not of confirmation? Both are considered private religious events and as long as the monarch is also the head of the church and needs to be a member it is not an entirely private affair for this specific family.
  #712  
Old 03-04-2018, 06:25 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is actually a good question. Like many countries in the American continent, Argentina adopts the principle of jus soli under which any person born in Argentinian territory automatically acquires Argentinian citizenship by birth, unless his or her parents are in the service of a foreign government, e.g. diplomats. However, Argentinian law also recognizes jus sanguinis, meaning that children of at least one Argentinian parent also acquire Argentinian citizenship.

Since Máxima was an Argentinian citizen at the time when her daughters were born (and actually still is), my understanding is that Amalia, Alexia and Ariane also have Argentinian citizenship. Has that ever been an issue in the Netherlands ?
Off-topic but happy to clarify. The princesses are not Argentinian citizens! According to Argentinian law (looked it up ahain to be sure) they can opt to become Argentinian citizens (as children of an Argentinian parent) but it is not automatic.
  #713  
Old 03-04-2018, 06:46 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Off-topic but happy to clarify. The princesses are not Argentinian citizens! According to Argentinian law (looked it up ahain to be sure) they can opt to become Argentinian citizens (as children of an Argentinian parent) but it is not automatic.
I don't think they have to "opt", but rather just choose to apply for it. "Opting" implies to me that they would have to give up any other nationality they may hold, which is not the case, see the following link .

The right to citizenship itself is acquired by birth if one of the parents is a native Argentinian, but you are right that it is not automatic as it is incumbent upon the interested person to claim that right by choice and, apparently, at any age.
  #714  
Old 03-04-2018, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
share pictures after the christening and not of confirmation?
In the United Kingdom Christenings [which are generally of infants] has LONG been a Social affair. Both Families of the Parents, Godparents and friends dress up, and there is a party to celebrate.
Confirmations are altogether more low-key, as neither Families, Godparents or Friends need attend. The person being Confirmed might go out to Lunch, but i've never heard of it being a 'Big thing' in the way Christenings often are.
HMQ may be head of the CoE, but in the UK Religion is essentially a private matter, and that applies to the Royal Family as it does to any other...
  #715  
Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think they have to "opt", but rather just choose to apply for it. "Opting" implies to me that they would have to give up any other nationality they may hold, which is not the case, see the following link .

The right to citizenship itself is acquired by birth if one of the parents is a native Argentinian, but you are right that it is not automatic as it is incumbent upon the interested person to claim that right by choice and, apparently, at any age.
Would any future H/M offspring still be subject to US taxation laws once they come of age even if they hadn’t set foot on the land nor aquired a US passport and had no interest in doing so? Or would they have to officially renounce? I find this type of situation so bizarre.
  #716  
Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,513
My guess is Meghan's citizenship will be fast tracked the moment a pregnancy is announced if it's not already in progress. I just can't see them wanting to deal with that with all the foreign red tape with the future children. It takes 5 years to officially become a British citizen. I have no doubt they will have children in the timeframe. Dual citizenship with the US is going to be interesting enough with Meghan come tax time.
  #717  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
In the United Kingdom Christenings [which are generally of infants] has LONG been a Social affair. Both Families of the Parents, Godparents and friends dress up, and there is a party to celebrate.
Confirmations are altogether more low-key, as neither Families, Godparents or Friends need attend. The person being Confirmed might go out to Lunch, but i've never heard of it being a 'Big thing' in the way Christenings often are.
HMQ may be head of the CoE, but in the UK Religion is essentially a private matter, and that applies to the Royal Family as it does to any other...
Going a bit off topic but for a member of the CoE, is receiving Holy Communion for the first time considered to be a "big thing" like it is for Roman Catholics?
  #718  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
^ For the individual concerned, I daresay it is.. but there are no white dresses, veils or [for boys] suits and ties...
  #719  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ For the individual concerned, I daresay it is.. but there are no white dresses, veils or [for boys] suits and ties...
And how it is during the Confirmation?
  #720  
Old 03-04-2018, 11:04 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why do the British royals share pictures after the christening and not of confirmation? Both are considered private religious events and as long as the monarch is also the head of the church and needs to be a member it is not an entirely private affair for this specific family.
They did share photographs after William's confirmation-probably for the reason you stated. William is the heir's heir.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prin...Dx4JnjKcGZ9tM:

But I don't recall even an announcement of anyone else's confirmation, not even Harry's.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018 soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3418 06-19-2018 01:39 PM
Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings soapstar Royal Style File 1819 05-19-2018 06:22 AM
Meghan Markle: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 999 05-19-2018 06:02 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia anastasia once upon a time archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography bridal gown britain british british royal family china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dubai duke of sussex facts family life fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mary: crown princess of denmark meghan markle nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince dimitri princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech suthida taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×