Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain all extra time off is unpaid leave which every soldier could ask for (hey I could ask for it at my work). The difference is the use their unpaid leave to perform duties on behalf of the Queen, which is, essentially, also work. I've heard of plenty of people who take 6 months to 1 yr of unpaid leave just to go on a trip around the world. And I would do the same if I could afford it...

And here we go again....

(one of the comments below the DM article)

I hope Harry does not get deployed to Afghanistan. His presence will heighten the danger to his fellow soldiers and pilots. The Taliban and associates will do all they can to get this plum target and that is an understatement.

The kid can't win...

And here we go again....

The kid can't win...

The comment section is funny:whistling:
I certainly would not expect good comments with a headline like that (damn...Daily Mail:bang:). Fortunately, the article has stop accepting new comments. Palace intervention?:ermm:

:previous: No way! That would merely instigate yet another even worse story. The Palace has no control over the media except should they try to sue . . . which of course they don't!

No one has the the right or ability to prevent the media from printing anything they like and there are few rules . . . perhaps the current investigation may change all that but, as of now, they have not.

And here we go again....

The kid can't win...

Except the comments on the DM website like that are true, Henry will put other peoples lives in danger when he goes to a warzone. Why do you think it was kept secret the first time he went? Yes the boys can't win, if they got all the training and no experience it would be a 'waste of money'.

They have been off for the Jubilee, 2 weeks for watching games at the Olympics, Harry´s been in Washington, has done the Jubilee tour, William has gone on holidays with the Middletonas.

They didn't have a full two weeks off for the games, they had 4 days max off for the Jubilee, Harry was in Washington for two days (one of which was on an engagement to accept an award btw). When did William go on holiday with the middletons? I don't remember that.

Both boys gets around 38 days off a year, also in regards to William he would have received extra time off when he returned from the falklands in March.

It's completely fair to have different opinions, and not to see the two angel boys other people might see. But it's always good to get the facts straight.

I think it is also worthy noting, military schedules vary depending on their assignments I.e. 36 hrs on/ 36 off, 5days on/ 2 days off. My point is that William and Harry have the resources to do more with a quick block of time off than most of the rest of us. Harry may have have had a72 hr opening in his calendar and he and skippy headed for Vegas... Just like that. No requested time off, just grabbed a flight after his last shift and ran away for a few days til he had to report back. Also throughout out the Olympics, there were days Harry was MIA, but then appeared at the evening track events. He very easily could have been at work during the day. Just a thought....out of sight does not mean not working.... Probably more to the contrary.

He stayed at the Wynn, and I was there too all weekend. I am sooo pissed I didn't know ahead of time but happy we were at the same hotel!! I was actually going to get tix for that pool party mad that I didn't in the end.
Lmao, I pity you. You could've partied it up with Ryan Lochte aswell. :brows:

Elenath said:
And here we go again....

The kid can't win...

I have a feeling that if William, Harry , or Catherine brought someone back from the dead there would still be moaning and groaning from some quarter or other :bang:.

ghost_night554 said:
He stayed at the Wynn, and I was there too all weekend. I am sooo pissed I didn't know ahead of time but happy we were at the same hotel!! I was actually going to get tix for that pool party mad that I didn't in the end.

Drats :bang:. How much does that s**k? Sorry to hear that, but I hope your holiday was nice and relaxing.

Lmao, I pity you. You could've partied it up with Ryan Lochte aswell. :brows:
I know right?! I had my laptop with me too but it decided to suddenly die on the second day there ugh :bang: Least that way I would have known sooner not that I would have had much luck finding him since that hotel is huge.

Drats :bang:. How much does that s**k? Sorry to hear that, but I hope your holiday was nice and relaxing.

It sucks but my holiday was amazing! I didn't want to return tbh :lol:

The Harry in Vegas story is about to get very interesting considering the new photos TMZ has of him. (But, maybe they're not real? Or maybe they are. You be the judge..)

Just saw the photos....oh, Harry. :ermm: According to TMZ, he didn't know the people he invited up to his suite, so I'm really surprised that he wasn't more careful. He has to know that people are willing to sell these type of photos to the tabloids.

Last edited:
Every royal family needs a Harry lol! It seems impossible to have a royal family without at least one member that isn't a controversy sex magnent. I like Harry but it seems like he just doesn't care enough to not get caught in these type of situations. It's not the end of the world though, just embarrassing for him and his family I'm sure.

I happen to like him a lot btw :)

What with the fact that Harry seems to enjoy having a good time, and the fact that everybody's got camera phones, I'm frankly surprised we don't see pictures like this (well, maybe not exactly like this, lol) more often.

ok, these pictures are embarrassing. He should have been more careful.

Las Vegas - Prince Henry - alcohol - nudity - not surprised.

Oh Harry, why don't you ever learn?

I think he either doesn't get it or is a rebel true and true. He'll have his fun like everyone else, whether he's royal or not.

I´m not surprised either. I´d say I was waiting for something to happen in LV, although not THIS! I wonder how do you look at people in the eyes and represent the Queen after this. What a dificult job to build up a reputation again. I am glad I dont have to pay for them.

Just saw the stuff on TMZ...Yikes :eek:. That was a really poor judgement call on Henry's part. There's nothing wrong with having some fun, but when one is a public figure, one has a responsibility to keep oneself out of things like this. In the words of Ms. Austen's Mr. Knightley, 'Badly done, [Henry], badly done'.

On that note, here are some more articles on the Las Vegas trip (that may very well do a great damage to his reputation):

From 'The Daily News':
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO Prince Harry races Ryan Lochte at 3 a.m. in Vegas pool full of bikini-clad girls - NY Daily News

From 'The Telegraph':
Prince Harry beats Ryan Lochte in Las Vegas pool race - Telegraph

From 'The Daily Beast':
Prince Harry Leaps in Pool With Clothes On to Race Lochte - The Daily Beast

From the 'Mirror':
Prince Harry and Ryan Lochte swim race in Las Vegas pool party - Mirror Online

My only reaction to those photos was "Yowza. Yes please! And higher definition photos next time!" but... that could be just me.

Oh man- but then someone had to go and talk about Ryan Lochte. There are few things that quell my desire quite like videos of Ryan Lochte talking. He's pretty to look at, but he really needs to learn how to not talk. Ever.

Last edited:
Oh Harry. You know better than to get caught ... Think you need a new wingman. It's not as if we didn't think this was going on... But you know better than having photos. Granny not going to be pleased ..... I assume she will ignore. But William will have a field day with this.

My only reaction to those photos was "Yowza. Yes please! And higher definition photos next time!" but... that could be just me.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I imagine a cell phone camera was used (and pictures probably captured mid-movement too). He does have a nice physique. Yes, we need some humor in this situation (though I won't deny its' gravity). Next time, they should use a high quality digital camera :D.

Poor guy, really!

And is anyone surprised? When I first heard he was off to Vegas, I knew it was only a matter of time before anything like this happened!

MichelleQ2 - I'm pretty sure Wills & Kate are laughing hysterically about this!

Oh Harry LOL! There is no longer the code of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". I wouldn't want to be you when your Papa and your Granny find out! Don't party with random strange - stick to your friends who you can trust!

I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened or a sex tape...he just doesn't have good radar for hangers-on. And in Vegas of all places! That is like famewhore central!

ETA: Yeah, not so funny, I think. He just had a really good showing at the Olympics...this just makes him look frivolous and like a big f*ck-up. I'm sure he won't laugh it off.

Last edited:
Sonjapearl said:
Poor guy, really!

And is anyone surprised? When I first heard he was off to Vegas, I knew it was only a matter of time before anything like this happened!

MichelleQ2 - I'm pretty sure Wills & Kate are laughing hysterically about this!

Can you imagine? They will have blowups all over his KP apt.... I'm sure it is going to be a long time living this down from all the cousins.so Zara, Peter, .... Even Tindall ought to love this.... At least he kept his clothes on. It's going to be a long month

Can you imagine? They will have blowups all over his KP apt.... I'm sure it is going to be a long time living this down from all the cousins.so Zara, Peter, .... Even Tindall ought to love this.... At least he kept his clothes on. It's going to be a long month

Oh definitely!

Ever notice when Harry takes a step forward in being a mature, serious royal, he take two steps back? It's like the guy either can't win or doesn't judge situations well.

Oh, I believe Wills is going to live off of this for a good while, and use it as 'payback' of sorts for any pranks that Harry may have pulled on him that he didn't care for (and maybe for the speech that Harry gave at his wedding last April :D). Holy smokes...

On a more serious note, I really won't want to be Harry right now. I'm sure he'll be chewed up and spat out not only by the press, but his Papa and Granny (and maybe even William, all joking aside). I sincerely hope he can build his image back up, because he has so much potential and has done a great deal of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom