Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic flowers for the wedding.........say no no no! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Wait a minute! This man is contradicting himself and making absolutely no sense!!! Now do we really believe that Prince Harry is doing everything himself without input from the Queen and Prince of Wales and staff???!!!! Seriously?

And this is the same man who wrote about Meghan and Harry attending a Cbristmas party at Windsor and being introduced to the staff and workers who will work at their wedding...now he's claiming that the workers have never met Meghan??

Which of his lies are we to believe?

And let's not forget that Samantha Cohen, the Queen's assistant Private Secretary who is the portege of Christopher Geidt, is taking over as Harry's interim Private Secretary after the wedding. So I wouldn't be so sure that there isn't communication on what to do. There isn't much that you can do about the family members that Meghan doesn't have anything to do with and hasn't had anything for years. And they obviously don't have anything to dish on Meghan either. As for Tom, I think people are just surprised. He has not made any explosive comments or anything, who knew the floodgate would open literally the week of the wedding if there hasn't been anything since Nov 2016? It's out of characteristic over the long run.

And by any logic, any normal wedding would give parents some input on who they want to invite, I highly doubt none of Charles' friends are coming.

Last edited:
If the Richard Kay article is to be believed, Buckingham Palace and Clarence House haven't been involved in any of the planing and have been kept in the dark about the arrangements. So if this is the case, then the Queen and Charles may not have known who was and wasn't on the guest list.

:lol: Yeah I don't believe this article in the slightest.

If the Richard Kay article is to be believed, Buckingham Palace and Clarence House haven't been involved in any of the planing and have been kept in the dark about the arrangements. So if this is the case, then the Queen and Charles may not have known who was and wasn't on the guest list.

I highly doubt he's right on that. BP and Clarence House staff was there on hand when Jason Knauf conduct the press briefing at BP the day after the engagement was announced. The Queen herself consulted with the government on the fact that there will be no official guest at the wedding. The Lord Chamberlain's office is involved. This isn't run by just some random wedding planner that's just hired. As I mentioned earlier, the Queen's outgoing assistant Private Secretary Samantha Cohen, who is known to be quite loyal to Christopher Geidt, will take over at Harry's interim Private Secretary this summer, do we really think there is no communication?

Last edited:

A high profile wedding with the Queen and Prince of Wales paying the bills AND being the HOSTS, and they aren't involved in the wedding planning???? Do we seriously believe that would happen!

And let's not forget that Samantha Cohen, the Queen's assistant Private Secretary who is the portege of Christopher Geidt, is taking over as Harry's interim Private Secretary after the wedding. So I wouldn't be so sure that there isn't communication on what to do. There isn't much that you can do about the family members that Meghan doesn't have anything to do with and hasn't had anything for years. And they obviously don't have anything to dish on Meghan either. As for Tom, I think people are just surprised. He has not made any explosive comments or anything, who knew the floodgate would open literally the week of the wedding if there hasn't been anything since Nov 2016? It's out of characteristic over the long run.

I do think the tabloids held onto this information about Thomas Sr - the staged pics. I don't buy that they didn't know about this until now. They held onto it until they could inflict maximum damage and then gleefully watched as Thomas Sr made it worse by spiralling out of control, canceling, then saying he was coming, then saying he had a heart attack/pains, then surgery, etc..

The gloves seem to have completely come off with the paps. I think they've been quietly fuming at KP for Harry's statement after Meghan was revealed as his girlfriend and have been lying in wait to attack.

All I know is that I hope KP manages to get this under control. I know they keep releasing information about the wedding details as much as possible this week, but like I said - Samantha and her half brother and uncle just want to watch (Meghan's) world burn, so that is extremely tough to fight.

I do think the tabloids held onto this information about Thomas Sr - the staged pics. I don't buy that they didn't know about this until now. They held onto it until they could inflict maximum damage and then gleefully watched as Thomas Sr made it worse by spiralling out of control, canceling, then saying he was coming, then saying he had a heart attack/pains, then surgery, etc..

The gloves seem to have completely come off with the paps. I think they've been quietly fuming at KP for Harry's statement after Meghan was revealed as his girlfriend and have been lying in wait to attack.

All I know is that I hope KP manages to get this under control. I know they keep releasing information about the wedding details as much as possible this week, but like I said - Samantha and her half brother and uncle just want to watch (Meghan's) world burn, so that is extremely tough to fight.

I can agree with that. And yea, not much you can do about people who just wants to hurt someone and don't have any dignity or pride to loose.

A high profile wedding with the Queen and Prince of Wales paying the bills AND being the HOSTS, and they aren't involved in the wedding planning???? Do we seriously believe that would happen!

Also you'd think if this caused such a scandal in the BRF that word would have gotten back to the Queen/Charles. If the press knows the extended Kent and Gloucester clans aren't invited then I assume BP and CH do too.

People talk and presumably, if this is such a breach of protocol, someone would have brought it to the Queen or Charles' attention. If they still aren't on the guest list then either the Queen has less knowledge of "protocol" then the DM or it really isn't that big of a deal.

Late arriving on the wedding party talk, but excited to come home to it. ?

I am surprised they have 10, I thought if they went more then six, they may go with the 8 mixed pairs some suggested. Wasn't expecting 10. But I am thrilled to see we have a balance of both sides of the couple. Three flower girls and two page boys each. The fact that the oldest is only 7, and there is no maid of honor will make for an interesting day. Hopefully help is near.

As for the daily mail.....I don't read it as a comment on race. But simply on Class. That Kate may have been a commoner, but at least she followed tradition, and made sure her bridal party was posh and blue blooded. Meghan is once again breaking tradition, and insisting on low class bridal party. :bang: Except the Litt girls, this bridal party is just as posh. William had kids of his former nanny and his private secretary, not upper crust posh either.

William-future king of the UK, 2nd in line
Prince George-future king of the UK, 3rd in line
Princess Charlotte- 4th in line for the throne
Ivy, John and Brian Mulroney- grandchildren of the former PM of Canada
Florence Van Cutsem- granddaughter of Charles' dear friend, her Uncle William is George's godfather. Her cousin was in Will and Kate's wedding.
Zalie Warren: granddaughter of the queen's racing manager
Remi and Rylan: daughters of Meghan's close friend
Jasper Dyer: son of Harry's mentor

Well at least we know 4 of Harry's six godchildren, Florence, Zalie and Jasper as well as Tiggy's eldest son.

Haven't seen Zalie, Jasper or Florence, but the others are adorable. I can imagine Meghan's three little bridesmaids are so thrilled. Their mommys' friend is marrying a real life prince and they get to be in the wedding.

Glad Doria, Jessica and Benita are there. I am sure Meghan is needing the support right now. Three days to the wedding is hard on any bride, without it being a huge royal wedding. Not to mention all her family drama.

We're assuming he even knows who they are. ;)

No we aren't assuming he knows them at all. We have photos of them attending Christmas parties every year and on the balcony at Trooping. The Fail is suggesting that its not just the third cousins like Amelia, who weren't invited. But all the Gloucester and Kents, except the senior ones. That means Freddie and Ella who Harry grew up with at Kensington.

He certainly knows them more then many of the celebrities who have been invited. Who he may have met once or twice at charity events.

Celebrities are always invited to royal weddings. That said, usually so are the rest of the family.

Plastic flowers for the wedding.........say no no no! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Who would ever think that plastic flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Who would ever think that silk flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Do you believe that the flower girls will carry baskets that have some of the flowers that are the same as in the bridal bouquet?

I'm not sure I believe the Daily Mail about who and who isn't invited.

Good gracious!!! A wink smiley face isn't enough of a "sarcasm" indicator for you? Do I have to write JOKE in bold for people not to take things so seriously?

I will say this, after Tom Jr. 's apology letter, if I was Meghan I "may" invite him but disinvite dad and still walk down the aisle alone or with Harry.
I've also always been of the opinion that Meghan 's nieces and nephews should be invited.

I highly doubt he's right on that. BP and Clarence House staff was there on hand when Jason Knauf conduct the press briefing at BP the day after the engagement was announced. The Queen herself consulted with the government on the fact that there will be no official guest at the wedding. The Lord Chamberlain's office is involved. This isn't run by just some random wedding planner that's just hired. As I mentioned earlier, the Queen's outgoing assistant Private Secretary Samantha Cohen, who is known to be quite loyal to Christopher Geidt, will take over at Harry's interim Private Secretary this summer, do we really think there is no communication?

Well that's why I said "if" Richard Kay is to be believed. ?

TMZ is saying that Elton John is performing at either the wedding ceremony or the evening reception (they haven't confirmed which one yet).

There have been lots of unconventional royal brides/ grooms in recent times ( Mette-Marit, , Máxima, Letizia, Daniel, Sofia, Camilla, etc.), but I must confess I have never seen anything even remotely close to the drama and negativity surrounding this royal wedding. It is turning the British Royal Family into a laughing stock,.

Last edited:
Good gracious!!! A wink smiley face isn't enough of a "sarcasm" indicator for you? Do I have to write JOKE in bold for people not to take things so seriously?

I will say this, after Tom Jr. 's apology letter, if I was Meghan I "may" invite him but disinvite dad and still walk down the aisle alone or with Harry.
I've also always been of the opinion that Meghan 's nieces and nephews should be invited.

Ashleigh and Christopher, I agree but what other relatives do you find worthy of an invite?

Who would ever think that plastic flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Who would ever think that silk flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Do you believe that the flower girls will carry baskets that have some of the flowers that are the same as in the bridal bouquet?

The article you posted, the flowers being loaded into the truck, mainly were silk flowers. So the suggestion the flowers in the truck are for the royal wedding, would suggest someone thinks it is possible.

Its pretty customary for the flowers to be the same in the bouquets, and often in other arrangements. The bridal bouquet is just larger and more impressive. With a royal bouquet there will be a few differences, like the myrtle.

That "apology" letter was not an apology letter. How dare you suggest that [...] her brother attend the wedding after all he has put Meghan through!!! He hates her!!!!!

At least Senior screwed up "royally," but he has not spoken out against his daughter or said deplorable things like Junior and Sam have. He loves his daughter and does not despise her like the other two. Once he recovers he will hopefully get the verbal slamming from Meghan and Doria that he deserves but he is NOT on the level of Sam and Junior.

Ashleigh and Christopher should attend. Particularly Ashleigh, who is a lawyer and the inspiration for Rachel Zane. Obvious "Duh!" choice to me. Christopher too. Neither of them have said a peep to the press and they have lived their lives outside of Samantha's influence. Maybe Noel, because she has spoken out against her mother and defended Meghan, but she has a bad rep as a nascent extremist so I don't know about that one.

Uncle who is an Orthodox Bishop-----does she even know him?

Uncle who got her a job at the Argentinian Embassy---all well and good, but he cancelled that out by selling out his brother's location to the paps. Cain and Abel stuff, there. If I was Meghan, no way in heck I would invite him.

The Dooleys? Seem to be basically good people who just want to cash in on the publicity. Nothing against Meghan and have spoken highly of her. They have also all but disowned Junior. I personally see nothing wrong with pot farming but the conscious royals may disagree. :D OTOH, Most of them have not seen her in years. And also, some controversy MAY arise from the fact that one of the brothers has a HUSBAND. I'll leave that alone. Just saying.

She could at least invite some of the other Raglands and Johnsons. Impeccable behavior from them.

Just commenting on the wedding guests. Who's left? LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think that all the flower girls will walk ahead of the page boys?

Ashleigh and Christopher, I agree but what other relatives do you find worthy of an invite?
To tell you the truth I don't know much about the family and can't put a name to faces or people. I think all 3 of Samantha's kids should go, maybe a few of Tom Jr.'s as well as the uncle who got her the embassy job; and as I said earlier (maybe in another thread) I think Tom Jr. can come; he seems repentant (seems being the operative word) and he may be able to be reasoned with. Again I have not followed this much because I don't want to give these people any more attention, on the other hand that first letter was really horrible but maybe he can truly apologize to Meghan and explain himself.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth I don't know much about the family and can't put a name to faces or people. I think all 3 of Samantha's kids should go, maybe a few of Tom Jr.'s as well as the uncle who got her the embassy job; and as I said earlier (maybe in another thread) I think Tom Jr. can come; he seems repentant (seems being the operative word) and he may be able to be reasoned with.

Was the uncle who got her the Embassy job the same as the uncle who sold her dad's location in Mexico to the paparazzi?

There might possibly be some family members on the Ragland side. Most of them didn't speak to the press, and even the one who did only had nice things to say about her.

I believe so.

Hmmm then I can see why he wasn't invited.

On another thought, I wonder if there will be attendants who aren't bridesmaids who will help corral the little ones. I cannot imagine a 2 year old making it down the aisle without having a meltdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom