Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to you Rudolph, but this sounds like total bogwash. "He didn't want anyone upstaging the bride", that sounds so fake and unreliable. But what can you expect, wasn't the Sun the same source who said Eugenie got engaged in 2016?

I agree. The sun publishes articles about who and who will attend, and what designer, and so on and so on for the past how many months. And they keep having to correct themselves. I am not holding my breath on any 'they weren't invited' until the actual wedding day.

The whole 'upstage the bride'. Sorry like Meghan is going to be upstaged by Amelia. :bang:

Says her sister Marina isn’t invited either. It’s going to be an interesting guest list. Actors and celebrities but apparently some extended family will be left out.

:previous:
As said by Countessmeout:

The whole 'upstage the bride'. Sorry like Meghan is going to be upstaged by Amelia

Really Rudolph, can we honestly believe a tabloid or we wanting a war of words here all because some do not like Harry and Meghan as they have shown for months now......please give me a break as not one of us is a dumb bunny here.

There is *nobody* that will upstage the bride on her wedding day even Meghan's wedding day!

Rudolph, I know where you're coming from. I'm going to be interested to see whom this very inclusive couple exclude from their big day.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Daily Fail the queen's day time reception wont be a sit down meal.

Meghan and Harry’s wedding feast will NOT be a seated affair | Daily Mail Online

Trendy 'bowl food'. Never took the queen for being trendy. Thought Charles may go a bit less formal for the evening dinner or the late night meal. The queen..... But then again though it is being served 'bowl style' it is said to be classic dishes and ingredients.

Last edited:
LOLz they are what, third cousins??? How often do folks think Harry or William hang out with that part of the famly? I am guessing nothing more than a quick howdy at the Christmas Lunch for the Less Fortunate Royals.

Rudolph, I know where you're coming from. I'm going to be interested to see whom this very inclusive couple exclude from their big day.

I think what will be seriously interesting is *whom* is included in their big day, not whom is left out. This is a couple that wants some family and some friends, those that they cherish their friendship and enjoy time with doing many different things be it work or play...so even *we* here should enjoy the day and if not then there must be plenty of other things to enjoy in life for those that will not enjoy the wedding.....ah, love is in the air and just beaming down on all of us....waiting to see who catches the bouquet of peonies and whatever else.:champagne:Champagne anyone.....

LOLz they are what, third cousins??? How often do folks think Harry or William hang out with that part of the famly? I am guessing nothing more than a quick howdy at the Christmas Lunch for the Less Fortunate Royals.
We don't know how often they meet but we do know that after the accident of Sophie, Lady Frederick Windsor both William and Charles showed their support and helped out in which way they could. They might not be that closely related or have the time to spend much time together but being members of the House of Windsor still seems to mean something to most of them.

That said, when for instance Lady Davina Windsor, got married no members of the Windsor clan were invited. Close family and friends only.

...so even *we* here should enjoy the day and if not then there must be plenty of other things to enjoy in life for those that will not enjoy the wedding.....

Oh, I think there will be plenty for all of us to enjoy regarding this wedding, whether we are fans or not.

Do you think that we will hear "I, Henry Charles Albert David,...." or "I, Harry Charles Albert David" at the wedding?

According to the Daily Fail the queen's day time reception wont be a sit down meal.

Meghan and Harry’s wedding feast will NOT be a seated affair | Daily Mail Online

Trendy 'bowl food'. Never took the queen for being trendy. Thought Charles may go a bit less formal for the evening dinner or the late night meal. The queen..... But then again though it is being served 'bowl style' it is said to be classic dishes and ingredients.

It was obvious from the start

Oh, I think there will be plenty for all of us to enjoy regarding this wedding, whether we are rabid fans or not.

Oh it is not about being a rabid fan Missy, it is about wishing this young couple well in life and lots of love and joy, this goes not just for Harry and Meghan but for all couples getting married, don't you agree?

Do you think that we will hear "I, Henry Charles Albert David,...." or "I, Harry Charles Albert David" at the wedding?

We will almost certainly hear both their legal, formal names. So Henry and Rachel.

Absolutely no question about it. During the marriage ceremony when it comes to the vows, both full legal names will be used. :D

Says her sister Marina isn’t invited either. It’s going to be an interesting guest list. Actors and celebrities but apparently some extended family will be left out.

Maybe none of George V’s great-great—grandchildren ( other than the descendants of King George VI ) will be invited to the wedding. If, however, Lady Marina and Lady Amelia are not invited, but their brother or cousins for example are, then Harry will have some explaining to do.

I wonder if Princess Margaret’s grandchildren are invited.

Who would Harry have to explain to? From what I gather, its *his* wedding and *his* invitation list. Obviously since the invitations have all gone out, that means that the invitation list is exactly how Harry and Meghan wish it to be.

Who would Harry have to explain to? From what I gather, its *his* wedding and *his* invitation list. Obviously since the invitations have all gone out, that means that the invitation list is exactly how Harry and Meghan wish it to be.

Because it would be unequal treatment of people with the same degree of kinship to him, or the Queen for that matter, and who are members of the extended Royal Family.

Because it would be unequal treatment of people with the same degree of kinship to him, or the Queen for that matter, and who are members of the extended Royal Family.

My understanding is that this is not going to be a State Wedding, but a private wedding that has been agreed to be broadcasted. Therefore Harry and Meghan are perfectly entitled to invite whoever they please and they feel they are connected to. They are not under the obligations of William and Kate. There is no "raison d'état" to be followed here. It's the same as P. Eugenie's wedding in a few months. He is very far from the throne, so he can have a very personalized wedding, despite the fact that he is perceived a very prominent figure within the Royal Family.

Since the Queen and Charles are paying for this wedding I imagine they got to choose a few of the guests. The Queen's extended family would all be invited if she wanted them there.

Please note that several posts have been edited (as well as responses to edited wording deleted) to remove comments between members that were likely to cause the thread being de-railed.

Be reminded please that everyone's point of view is acceptable - provided it adds value to the discussion and/or is made in a constructive way.

Maybe none of George V’s great-great—grandchildren ( other than the descendants of King George VI ) will be invited to the wedding. If, however, Lady Marina and Lady Amelia are not invited, but their brother or cousins for example are, then Harry will have some explaining to do.

I wonder if Princess Margaret’s grandchildren are invited.

Why would he need to explain why he didn’t invite his third cousins if he’s not close to them? I’d imagine if he’s close to them, they’d be invited. And don’t see why Margaret’s grandchildren wouldn’t be invited. My understanding is that Harry has spent a decent amount of time with them as they spend Christmas with the Queen at Sandringham as well.

An error in that story: William and Kate only used one piece by the Queen's Master of Music at the time, Peter Maxwell Davies, not two. And that's significant because the one they used was an older piece, not a new commission. The new music written for their wedding was by another composer, John Rutter. The article posits that there's a snub because this time around the Queen's composer hasn't been asked to write something new for the ceremony, but in fact it seems as though the last time that happened was the Queen's own wedding.

:previous: That gives quite a different impression. It sounds as though it really wasn't as big a "snub" as it was made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom