Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excitement build up for these royal weddings really don’t officially kick in until the very last few days. Hotels fill up, people camp out on the streets and the media start up their official coverage.

A lot of folks will be tuning in to this wedding. Whether they’re watching it Live, viewing highlights, recording it, or even viewing pictures. The eyes of the world will set on Windsor and on the royal family on May 19th.

Some folks just like playing down their interest.

I’ll be recording the wedding. My Father’s funeral is on that day.

The way I see it is that when planning the wedding, Harry and Meghan already knew that their day wouldn't be a bank holiday and to accommodate as many people as they could that would want to watch their wedding, they chose a Saturday.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. American husbands usually wear wedding rings.

Now onto the viewership, we don’t know how good the sample was, which usually is the problem with polls. However, what we do know is that networks and websites have been running stories about them. If they didn’t get the desired rating spikes, they wouldn’t be going all out for the wedding coverage. So there is obviously significant interest there.

One thing about the Brits, I have to wonder how the bank holiday plays into their excitement though. I remember it being a huge deal for some this time, and I think that was also a big deal last time. Theresa May’s office has to come out and explain this multiple times when it was announced there would be no bank holiday. Even though people here never thought they’d be one long before the engagement is announced. An extra day off certain cheers people up. :lol:

I was kind of surprised by this actually.

Meghan Markle has chosen a gospel group and a teenage cellist to perform at the Royal Wedding, but appears to have overlooked the Queen’s official composer.

Judith Weir, who is the first woman to be Master of the Queen’s Music, tells me she has not been invited to contribute to the big day.

Choosing her words carefully, she says: ‘I haven’t been asked to compose a piece, but I would have done.’
Read more: Queen’s official composer snubbed as Meghan Markle opts for gospel group | Daily Mail Online

Nice find! I think most of us predicted Harry would wear one. I don’t know how much his wife’s culture played into this, but given the way Harry is, I just never doubted that he’d wear one.

I remember flipping through stories on one of my news feeds that had an article stating that Harry would break royal tradition at his wedding. Of course, you had to click on the article to find out exactly what tradition he was breaking. It stated that Harry is expected to wear a wedding ring. Why? Because he actually likes wearing jewelry (gave his bead bracelets as an example) whereas William opted out of the wedding ring because he's not fond of jewelry at all.

Just by following Harry and then watching him since he's met Meghan, I am of the mind that he will wear a welsh gold wedding band proudly. It just seems to me as being something Harry would do.

I wonder if he'll also wear his beaded bracelets safely tucked into the cuff on his wedding day. He seems to be sentimental that way. :D

The article spoke about the rings of the royal ladies. Will Prince Harry's ring be made from the Welsh gold?

The choice of a gospel choir is most likely to reflect Meghan's African American heritage.

:previous: And of course it was Meghan who snubbed her. Because we all know she is the one in absolute control of the wedding :bang:

I doubt Harry didn't have a say in the music. And likely Charles did as well. He played a major part in helping select the music for William and Kate's. If it was a big deal to have the woman involved, she would have been.

DM once again simply stirring up the muck.:ermm:

Well I hope these grown adults finally learn how to deal with not rejection but with other grown adults having their own divergent thoughts and ideas about how THEIR wedding should go. Perhaps this adult will have another wedding or maybe not, but they will survive.

I look forward to hearing a wide variety of musical styles that FULLY reflect both the bride and the groom.

Snub away meghan snub AWAY!!

I'm liking this so called evil Meghan LOL!

The article spoke about the rings of the royal ladies. Will Prince Harry's ring be made from the Welsh gold?

We don’t know since they’ve not worn what we traditionally see in the US previously. But if he’s going to wear one, I suspect that it’s going to be how men wear their rings in US rather than his father wearing it on his pinkie. So if that’s the case, it could also be from Welsh gold. But we don’t know since there isn’t much consistency on this from royal men.

My condolences to you and your family Dman. May you cherish all the good times you spent together.

That leaves who do we pair Charlotte with. If they did pairs, perhaps not all 3 Mulroney kids would be used. Harry has six godchildren we are told. Perhaps one of them is a boy of a better age range.

Either:
Charlotte and George- 3 and 5
Ivy and Japer- 5 and 6
Remi Lit and Brian Mulroney- 6 and 8
Rylan Lit and John Mulroney- 8

Or they find someone more age appropriate like Charlie Meade. Not sure how old Charlie is, but he looks around Mia's age. Charlie's dad and Uncle are both friends of Harry and William, as well as Zara.

Charlotte and Charlie: 3/4
Ivy and George: 5
Remi and Jasper: 6
Rylan and Mulroney boy: 8

The second option would likely work much better appearance wise.

But I still have a feeling we will see 4 bridesmaids, 2 page boys. With Ivy, Remy, Rylan and Charlotte for girls, and Jasper and George for boys.

Yes, and I think there's a Van Cutsem boy around that age who might be included.

But you are probably right about only two page boys. Too bad, because the pairs look so nice.

Harry has six godchildren? I heard only about two:

• Frederick "Fred" Pettifer (born 2001)
  • Jasper George Galloway Dyer (born 2012)

Here is a little more on the history of the use of Welsh gold wedding rings in the BRF if anyone is interested:

https://storify.com/magnificen368/the-welsh-gold-tradition-for-british-royal-wedding

That was super interesting, thanks Missy! One of the things I truly love about the BRF is their deep connection to their history and to sentimental tradition (things passed down). It's like the family partakes in small gestures like the rings where you're bonded by being part of the group that gets them.

That makes it sound cliquish, but that's not really want I'm trying to say... it's sort of like the beautiful sentiment where a wedding gown is passed down from mother to daughter to granddaughter (but in the case of the rings, it's more practical because each woman can get the ring made to her tastes).

The fact that the Queen Mother, Queen and Diana all had rings made from the same nugget of gold is so special.

I'd love to have a tradition like that in my family. :wub:

From Omid Scobie

Harry and Meghan have asked that The Most Reverend Michael Bruce Curry, the 27th Presiding Bishop and Primate of The Episcopal Church, give the address at their wedding
@BishopCurry, from Chicago, will fly in to join The Dean of Windsor, who will conduct the Service, and Archbishop of Canterbury @JustinWelby, who will officiate

Says @BishopCurry: "The love that has brought and will bind Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle together has its source and origin in God, and is the key to life and happiness. And so we celebrate and pray for them today."

What a lovely touch for the wedding. This will be a beautiful event for Harry and Meghan indeed.

Last edited:
I am so hoping that Mia Tindall is one of the flower girls!

LaRae

Mike Tindall has some lovely words about the wedding and couple.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/958560/meghan-markle-prince-harry-mike-tindall-royal-wedding

Tindall said of Meghan: “She is lovely. They are obviously besotted with each other and that’s all you can ask for.
“There is a huge wave of support from people wanting them to be happy and successful.
“Zara and I can only echo that. The cousins are very close.”

Lovely comment from Mike.

LaRae

Yes they are lovely and warm words from someone who knows what it is like to be in the spotlight because he married into the BRF. I believe that the Windsors have reflected upon the past and have made great strides in welcoming their newest members with great support.

Looky what I found!!!:lol::lol: Buried deep on the royal website under Royal Wedding Traditions, there is a topic "Wedding rings of Welsh gold"!! It would appear that this is confirmation that Prince Harry WILL wear a wedding ring!!!

https://www.royal.uk/royal-wedding-traditions

I can't believe I found this information first!!!!!:lol::lol:

Great find Terri Terri :D I too am of the opinion that Harry is the type to wear his wedding ring. He seems so besotted and clearly a heart-on-the-sleeve type of guy.

An interesting thought from reading that page:

The wedding rings of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, The Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, and Diana, Princess of Wales were all made from the same nugget of Welsh gold, which came from a Welsh mine, Clogau St David's at Bontddu.

Since no more of the original nugget is left I think it would be a beautiful gesture if Diana's wedding band was given to Meghan. It would balance Kate getting the engagement ring with the other daughter-in-law getting Diana's other marital-related jewellery. PLUS since there's no more of the original nugget left it would be really special. Even if Diana's ring were to be melted and reforged for Meghan...the significance and sweetness of that gesture would be so great.

Since no more of the original nugget is left I think it would be a beautiful gesture if Diana's wedding band was given to Meghan. It would balance Kate getting the engagement ring with the other daughter-in-law getting Diana's other marital-related jewellery. PLUS since there's no more of the original nugget left it would be really special. Even if Diana's ring were to be melted and reforged for Meghan...the significance and sweetness of that gesture would be so great.

I hope not. Talk about bringing bad karma into the marriage.....

I hope not. Talk about bringing bad karma into the marriage.....
Why not? It might have been Diana's wedding ring, but it's just a ring, it's a pity to let that nugget go to waste. And bad karma? So far, I don't see any of it on William and Catherine's marriage due to the engagement ring. They are just rings that belonged to Diana and are precious to both William and Harry, so I would say good karma instead of bad karma, though I don't believe in superstition.

What happened to Diana's wedding ring anyway? Was it returned to Charles along with her other personal jewellery after her death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom