Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that a lot of the reporters will refer to Meghan's mother as Mrs. Markle?

Meghan's friends mainly have girls, so no, we likely won't see that many girls from Harry's side. And I think we might see as few as four total bridesmaids and page boys since they will be riding with Meghan in the car. At max, it'll be six.

I will say though, I'm still a little uncertain about how this will work out with Meghan trying to manage all the kids in the car on her own. What if one of them decided they didn't like something and started throwing a tantrum? Or what if two of them get into a fight? There is just so many things that can go wrong. :lol: She's quite brave to try this out. NOT something I would trying out on the day I'm getting married. :lol:

I really think there will be a separate car, lol. I can't imagine Meghan in a car with six kids and everyone staying calm.

Besides - I wanna see Meghan waving to the crowds and the kids in a separate car waving to the crowds.

Usually the bridal party arrives before the bride...

I can't remember if they usually arrive before the Queen? And then the bride is last to arrive?

Do you believe that a lot of the reporters will refer to Meghan's mother as Mrs. Markle?

Good question - I wonder if they'll just use her whole name? Maybe say, "Ms. Doria Ragland"? And then after say "Ms. Ragland"?

I doubt it. We have seen her in the press for months now, and Ragland has always been used. I don't see any reporters referring to her as Mrs Markle.

There could be two Charlottes as flower girls side by side! Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge and Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer would be fun for the press.

There could be two Charlottes as flower girls side by side! Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge and Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer would be fun for the press.

Highly doubt it. There are so many little girls to choose from, that age range, I don't think Charlotte Spencer has a chance of making the list. Lara has a better chance as there are few older options if needing help wrangling. Charlotte has to compete with Charlotte/Ivy/Benita's twins/Mia/Savannah/Isla/Maude and so on.

I think we will see a few of the Windsors as flower girls, but more likely for Eugenie. I could see her using Maude (who is her goddaughter) and at least one of the others.

Highly doubt it. There are so many little girls to choose from, that age range, I don't think Charlotte Spencer has a chance of making the list. Lara has a better chance as there are few older options if needing help wrangling. Charlotte has to compete with Charlotte/Ivy/Benita's twins/Mia/Savannah/Isla/Maude and so on.

I think we will see a few of the Windsors as flower girls, but more likely for Eugenie. I could see her using Maude (who is her goddaughter) and at least one of the others.

I agree about Maud for Eugenie's wedding. I don't see her for Harry's wedding. In fact, I'd put her behind Lady Charlotte. At least Earl Spencer is Harry's uncle. I've never gotten the impression that Lord Frederick and Harry were that close.

Its not always about who is close, but who works age wise, who can handle the pressure and so on. Not sure William chose Margarita, Eliza or even Louise due to how close he is to them. And while Earl Spencer is his Uncle, Harry hasn't been that close over the years. He didn't attend his Uncle's wedding to Charlotte's mother. I honestly don't think we will see any Windsors other then Charlotte and George. Eugenie is like Kate and Will, she is at an age where she doesn't likely have friends with kids old enough, and will look to family instead.

Could James be a candidate for page boy?
Any of Camilla's grandchildren?
The queen's great grandchildren would be options.

I read that Harry doesn't just have one godchild.

I would be surprised if Camilla's grand children were included.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this article amusing, though I can totaly relate. If I were invited to royal wedding, I would have noone to help me with styling ?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/05/suits-stars-get-shows-wardrobe-team-dress-royal-wedding/

Meghan Markle's former co-stars are having their Royal wedding outfits made for them by the show's wardrobe department who are helping to source suitable dresses and hats.
"I understand everyone is to wear a hat of some kind, there are a couple of choices... whatever they wear in England, they wear those little side hats."
Hollywood Reporter quoted an insider who had struggled with the dress code of “dress uniform, morning coat or lounge suit”, noting: “Two outfits are required for the May festivities, with the men asked to wear a morning suit, which, a few invitees have learned, isn’t particularly easy to secure stateside.”
So, according to Suits insider, all main cast and some from the crew are going to wedding.
I am dying to see what Gina Torres will wear, I love her so much (and her show outfits were perfect, so I believe wardrobe team will choose something great for her.

She is cute but I doubt it. It seems both page boys will be Harry's side. I guess they could pair Mia with one of Benita's daughters, but I have a feeling we will likely see both of Benita's daughters instead.

if only the same as the Cambridge I still think we will see:

Charlotte
Ivy
Benita's twins

George
Jasper Dyer

And possibly an older bridesmaid (teen). I'd love to see them use Lara as something different.

I'm hoping it will be like Pippa's wedding, with four little bridesmaids and four pages. That was adorable!

There's Brian and John Mulroney, Jessica's seven year old twins. Because they live in Canada, are of school age, they might be long shots though. Too much crossing the Atlantic for fittings, rehearsals etc.

I do think Meghan's taking her life into her hands with no older teenage bridesmaid supervising, though. Hope nothing happens!

Last edited:
Posts containing speculation about the relationship between members of the Royal Family have been edited/removed.

Posts containing speculation about the relationship between members of the Royal Family have been edited/removed.

Why? My comments were in the context of likely candidates for inclusion in the bridal party.

Suits main cast's struggle to find proper outfits for the wedding

How difficult CAN it be, for these people to source suitable outfits ? 'You tube' is awash with video's of British Royal Weddings [to see what is 'suitable'], and I assume Toronto has Clothes shops ? Perhaps these people are mere automata who cannot MOVE except on the advice of a 'stylist' ?

DM is ginning things up again. Now it stoking fears of snipers for the wedding:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...6387/amp/Sniper-fears-Megha-ride-Windsor.html

I'm certain the security forces took that into account when Windsor was chosen for a location. The wedding cake is guarded from thieves and would be poisoners (William and Kate's cake was guarded too) and invited guests have to go through security screenings. I'm certain members of the press are going to be screened on the day as well. (Good luck uninvited Markles if you plan on showing up.).

How difficult CAN it be, for these people to source suitable outfits ? 'You tube' is awash with video's of British Royal Weddings [to see what is 'suitable'], and I assume Toronto has Clothes shops ? Perhaps these people are mere automata who cannot MOVE except on the advice of a 'stylist' ?

Or maybe the article is BS?

Well, whatever Gina Torres wears (if she is invited) I am sure she will be perfect but pleeeease, I hope she will wear a real hat and not this "fascinator" thing, sorry if you are fans, but I strongly dislike fascinators :argh:

I doubt any of them are struggling but getting help is expected. I'm sure 95% of people in attendance had assitance in some way. Not really uncommon.

Harry has 6 godchildren last we heard.

Charlotte and George are the queen's great-grandchildren and highly likely.

James is a bit old to be paired with any other page boy candidate. They usually have 2 and putting James and George together would not be right.

Camilla's granddaughter Eliza was one of William's. But with all of the friends with kids and godchildren between Harry and Meghan, I doubt they will use any of hers now. Kate and William had to rely mainly on family.

I agree the Camilla grandkids will not be in the party, [...]

Any reason this is a certainty in your mind?? I agree they likely wont make the cut but not so adamantly. Eliza was in Will and Kate's.

I'm hoping it will be like Pippa's wedding, with four little bridesmaids and four pages. That was adorable!

Was cute. One of the reasons was that they were all so small. Many of the candidates for Meghan and Harry aren't so small. Especially page boys.

They may also not want to be seen as having 'bigger' then the Cambridge. But then again Andrew and Fergie had 8.

DM is ginning things up again. Now it stoking fears of snipers for the wedding:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...6387/amp/Sniper-fears-Megha-ride-Windsor.html

I'm certain the security forces took that into account when Windsor was chosen for a location. The wedding cake is guarded from thieves and would be poisoners (William and Kate's cake was guarded too) and invited guests have to go through security screenings. I'm certain members of the press are going to be screened on the day as well. (Good luck uninvited Markles if you plan on showing up.).

One million people lined the Mall in London for Prince William and Kate's #royalwedding*
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DccMviTW0AEcG2H.jpg

Sky news posted this tweet picture yesterday. There’s always security concerns but police are used to dealing with royal events. If they can secure London, they can secure Windsor.

One million people lined the Mall in London for Prince William and Kate's #royalwedding*
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DccMviTW0AEcG2H.jpg

Sky news posted this tweet picture yesterday. There’s always security concerns but police are used to dealing with royal events. If they can secure London, they can secure Windsor.

Yes - IIRC, a lot of people here were speculating that one reason why Harry would choose Windsor was partly because it would be easier to secure in these times of extra tightened security.

I don't think that's why H&M chose it, but the underlying theory that Windsor would be easier to secure sounds legit to me.

Do you think Meghan will wear her hair up? (I'm hoping she has a really pretty updo).

Do you think Meghan will wear her hair up? (I'm hoping she has a really pretty updo).

My vote is for an undo. Not a severe one, but something soft that frames her face. I've seen Meghan in updos and they look gorgeous on her. I will try to find a picture.

For a tiara event, an updo is definitely called for. Very few royals wear their hair loose with a tiara when long, especially for their wedding. Kate being an exception. I don't see Meghan not having some kind of updo for the wedding.

I don't see something as severe as something like Sofia of Sweden, but I do think it will be done up in some way.

https://www.taniamaras.com/ultimate-wedding-hair-trends-2018/

:previous:FM:
Thank you for the pictures, I could not believe how gorgeous Meghan looked, in fact she looked so elegant, glamorous, chic and sophisticated in those pictures...just took my breath away. I remember some movie stars of I think the early 40's that wore their hair this way........don't quote me on the time period for now I will search for it...Veronica Lake comes to mine when I saw those pictures, indeed a very beautiful lady........hope to see her hair something like this for the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom