Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble visualizing how the 'picking up of the bridesmaids/pageboys' would work - they'll all drive together w/ the bride to the chapel?
Would the bride be herding the very young ones into the chapel? Perhaps there will be no very young ones at all and thus no Charlotte or even George in the wedding party :sad:?
If, as was suggested up thread, Louise is a Jr. bridesmaid in charge of herding children, could Meghan and her mom be staying at Bagshot w/ the Wessexes the night before? I suppose staying w/ godfather Andrew makes more sense. Is there a hotel in Windsor that Meghan may have reserved for herself and her mother? Where is her father to stay? The same place?
So many questions for me.
Nonetheless, I am looking forward to learning the answers in 2 weeks, wait 2 weeks, whoa that's getting very close!

Wonder if there are more health Issues. If he really wanted to be there he could use an wheelchair like Margaret did at Prince Edward's wedding.

Would he though? We all know how proud Philip is and he would never want to be seen as weak. That is why I think they are waiting. If he can use his cane he might do it but a wheelchair? Nope.

What has been stated about The Duke of Edinburgh?

They he will attend if he can/is able.

LaRae

I find the first engagement very interesting being so soon after the wedding. Are there any big known events they might attend in that period happening?

I find the first engagement very interesting being so soon after the wedding. Are there any big known events they might attend in that period happening?

The anniversary of the Manchester terror attacks I believe would be near.

I think Philip clearly wants to attend but he might not be well enough. It is understandable. I hope he doesn't miss it because I know he is very close to Harry and it would disappoint them both.

I agree. I think health reasons given his age and recent operations would be the only reasons why he wouldn't attend. It all depends on how he feels on the day.

The Manchester bombing attack anniversary is May 22. They have already announced a few memorials including a concert. My guess is that the royal family will attend the main one. And since it is the following week, it makes sense Harry and Meghan join. They will leave for their honeymoon afterwards.

The Manchester bombing attack anniversary is May 22. They have already announced a few memorials including a concert. My guess is that the royal family will attend the main one. And since it is the following week, it makes sense Harry and Meghan join. They will leave for their honeymoon afterwards.

That would make sense yes.

Would he though? We all know how proud Philip is and he would never want to be seen as weak. That is why I think they are waiting. If he can use his cane he might do it but a wheelchair? Nope.

If he uses wheelchair, he’ll need pillows to elevate to be higher than his knees. I know (had both replaced) he probably isn’t able to “sit” in regular seat. Imagine a high seat at a bar where your legs are dangling—that’s what it like. Also, the agony of getting into a car, where again, you need to be elevated (lifting you foot an inch feels like 500 pounds, even after a few months). I kid you not.

Things are rapidly falling into place for the big day. I remember vividly how the focus was at W&K's wedding waiting for Kate and her father to leave the Goring Hotel for WA and absolutely love how they've set this up so initially when we see Meghan starting to head to her wedding, she will be traveling with her mother. These are going to be awesome pictures that will be grabbed along the route as "money shots" by those photographers that were complaining. :D

I really never had a doubt in my mind that Meghan's father would proudly walk her down the aisle. Its now officially confirmed and it gives me the warm fuzzies that both her parents have front and center roles for their daughter's wedding.

As for the honeymoon? I've always thought that they would hold off on this until the summer season. They may want to be around for Trooping the Color and of course, to celebrate the DoE's 97th birthday. There's also Ascot Week right around the corner and possibly Prince Louis' christening before the Queen heads to Balmoral for her summer break.

The beauty of the way the details are going is that there's nothing anywhere that can lead to discord, controversy or anything but a happy, glorious and beautiful wedding day. We'll probably also get a glimpse of Meghan's evening party dress as we are to see the couple leave Windsor Castle for Frogmore.

I'm set and ready for the wedding day. ?

Kensington palace announcement also said more information about page boys and girls etc will be made next week. That's wonderful Confirmed news about her Dad and Mom.

They already confirmed they will be leaving for their honeymoon at the end of May. I think they will be back before Trooping the Color. So no conflicts there.

I’m wondering if Meghan and her parents will be pictured arriving at their hotel? It was big media deal when Catherine, Carole and Pippa arrived to the Goring Hotel just before the wedding.

Question. Is there a hotel in Windsor that would be a logical choice for the departure to the Castle? I have no clue about what is in Windsor on this kind of a level.

I always thought that the part of the wedding party that was not staying at Windsor Castle would be staying at Royal Lodge or Bagshot Park along the lines of a private residence. This is just my imagination speaking though.

It should make for an interesting meet-the-parents thing in the week before the #royalwedding*:
Meghan: Harry this is my Dad, you’ve not met each other yet
Harry: Hi Mr Markle, meet my Dad. He’s heir to the throne & the next King
Meghan: Mom, this is Harry’s granny. Err, The Queen

Via Chris Ship Twitter

:lol:

Excitement! Oh yes. Meghan will feel extra when her parents turn up. I bet.

Re-watching Sophie and Edward's wedding, it seems that Mrs. Rhys-Jones practically followed Sophie into the church, assisting with controlling the gown and went to her seat from a different direction. She was travelling with the bridesmaids and pageboys as well, so maybe this is similar to what they envision Doria doing at the wedding after they stop at the Castle.

I’m wondering if Meghan and her parents will be pictured arriving at their hotel? It was big media deal when Catherine, Carole and Pippa arrived to the Goring Hotel just before the wedding.

Yes, I think they will:

From the KP briefing
I will now take you through the high level outline of what you can expect to see from the evening of Friday 18th May. The key moment for the day before will be the arrival of the bride at her accommodation. We expect this to happen early evening.

Yeah I think we will see Meghan, Doria, and her close girlfriends arrive at their destination. They said she will spend the morning with Doria and the girls. So I'd imagine they will spend the night all together.

What a pity that there are no foreign royals!!!

Would not Prince Philip's relatives from Germany count as foreign royals?
I am delighted that Lady Jane Spencer Fellowes is doing a reading. This is a nice tribute to the Spencer side of Prince Henry's ancestry.

It should make for an interesting meet-the-parents thing in the week before the #royalwedding*:
Meghan: Harry this is my Dad, you’ve not met each other yet
Harry: Hi Mr Markle, meet my Dad. He’s heir to the throne & the next King
Meghan: Mom, this is Harry’s granny. Err, The Queen

Via Chris Ship Twitter

:lol:

HA...LOVE IT!

LaRae

Surprised no maid of honor, but it makes sense I guess.

If she does have an older bridesmaid, maybe not Louise. Louise has done a royal wedding already. There are other young women in the family, like Lara Spencer. If they are making a point of including the Spencers. I like that they have Jane doing the reading.

I wonder if Meghan will be staying in a hotel. It sounds like it from the 'her arrival will be noted'. But surprised some hotel hasn't been revealed. The Goring was known a few weeks ahead of the wedding in 2011. I would have thought perhaps Royal Lodge or Bagshot. The 30 room Royal lodge has plenty of space for Meghan, her mother, and even her friends to have privacy from Andrew and his daughters. Especially if Jessica and Benita's daughters are involved, make sense they stay with her, and help her get ready.

I am not surprised about the honeymoon. I thought they may have put off the honeymoon. They don't have much time for one before things like Trooping anyways. Not surprised they will wait until after Manchester anniversary. I know they are going on one before end of May, but wonder if will just be short, and take a full honeymoon in summer when everyone is off on holidays in the family.

Glad confirmation her dad will walk her down the aisle once and for all. :flowers:

Hopefully Philip will be in condition to attend. :sad:

I think the location where Meghan will leave with her mother for Windsor Castle on the wedding day will be one that they "check into" the night before the wedding as its been announced that we will see this happening.

Meghan's parents and close friends are expected to be in the UK for the week before the wedding and I would hope they're being housed in a private location well away from curious public and press that are going to be streaming into the area also.

Royal Lodge, actually, was the first place that came to mind for me. :D

Sorry, I'm a bit lost with many comments and information here:ROFLMAO: but when/what is their first engagement after the wedding?

I think the location where Meghan will leave with her mother for Windsor Castle on the wedding day will be one that they "check into" the night before the wedding as its been announced that we will see this happening.

Meghan's parents and close friends are expected to be in the UK for the week before the wedding and I would hope they're being housed in a private location well away from curious public and press that are going to be streaming into the area also.

Royal Lodge, actually, was the first place that came to mind for me. :D

Technically Meghan could be shown arriving at Royal Lodge, at least at the entrance. It would seem odd for her guests to stay at Royal Lodge for a few days, and then move into the hotel with her the night before. Meghan will likely remain in London until night before wedding, and then be seen arriving at the hotel/home she is staying at for the night.

Her friends might also be staying in London in hotels, and coming with her to Windsor the night before.

I do wonder what hotel might be used.

There are some grander hotels in the area. Perhaps they rented out a bigger chunk of one for some privacy, and not just for the night (for the others, not Meghan).

There places like Stoke Park near.

https://www.stokepark.com/

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm a bit lost with many comments and information here:ROFLMAO: but when/what is their first engagement after the wedding?

It hasn't been announced. Only that it's a few days after the wedding. That matches with the anniversary of the Manchester Arena bombing. So that's what the media is suspecting. It makes sense.

Prince Harry met with mental health workers who worked in the aftermath of the bombing. And he and Meghan have also included at least one of the survivors among the guests they have invited to witness the wedding. It makes sense that the memorial would be the event in question.

There is a church service at the cathedral, which many important figures are to attend, which I assume means a few royals included. And later a concert/sing along out in one of the squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom