Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised at just how reflective of the couple the bridal party is going to be. Both Meghan's and Harry's friends and family will make it up. A perfect reflection of the couple themselves as a couple. I couldn't begin to guess who though.

I agree. Not to compare, but William & Kate's attendants were just about 100% on his side of the family, but I think Meghan will ensure half her attendants will be from her side, not her family obviously, but her friends' children. I'm looking forward to see which ones are on William's side, because I will not know who Meghan's are, though it will be lovely to see them. Not long now!

Question: as there is only one carriage in the carriage procession and as we havent heard any news yet about any attendants (Im not incl William] what do you all think of there being no attendants?

And could Meghan decide to walk down the aisle to H on her own?

Thanks

It’s all about having attendants of the same age. For the not wanting to ‘compare’ club if Kate didn’t have people close enough to her to include in the wedding party, that’s the issue.

It just happened that William had family and friends of the right age. If Meghan wants to include the children of her friends of a few years that’s her business.

Question: as there is only one carriage in the carriage procession and as we havent heard any news yet about any attendants (Im not incl William] what do you all think of there being no attendants?

Thanks

I think there will most likely be more carriages in the procession but they've just announced which one Harry and Meghan have chosen to use for themselves. Then again, it may just be Harry and Meghan in the procession while the rest of the bridal party just heads back to Windsor Castle for the reception.

Its also very possible that Meghan decides to walk solo to the aisle. The reason I see this as a possibility is that this is her second marriage and she's actually not leaving her family to be married but has already been married and has established her own independent life. I still would like to see either of her parents or both though in the traditional way. It is Harry's first marriage and should be handled as such.

It’s all about having attendants of the same age. For the not wanting to ‘compare’ club if Kate didn’t have people close enough to her to include in the wedding party, that’s the issue.

It just happened that William had family and friends of the right age.

Good point.

I agree. Not to compare, but William & Kate's attendants were just about 100% on his side of the family, but I think Meghan will ensure half her attendants will be from her side, not her family obviously, but her friends' children. I'm looking forward to see which ones are on William's side, because I will not know who Meghan's are, though it will be lovely to see them. Not long now!

I am glad it seems the bridal party will be mixed of people close to them both. It is Meghan's wedding as well and they have well established they will incorporate a lot of her style into it. We have seen that already. This will be the last chance to really honor her Americanism so glad she gets to in her own way.

That said I had no issue with how the Cambridges did it. That was their wedding.

I think there will most likely be more carriages in the procession but they've just announced which one Harry and Meghan have chosen to use for themselves. Then again, it may just be Harry and Meghan in the procession while the rest of the bridal party just heads back to Windsor Castle for the reception.

Its also very possible that Meghan decides to walk solo to the aisle. The reason I see this as a possibility is that this is her second marriage and she's actually not leaving her family to be married but has already been married and has established her own independent life. I still would like to see either of her parents or both though in the traditional way. It is Harry's first marriage and should be handled as such.

I see your reasoning but according to KPs twitter it is only one carriage. And I think walking on her own is a real possibility - although not something I've seen in the UK

It’s only one carriage. Harry and Meghan are going to do a victory lap through Windsor and then home to the castle.

OK. Thanks. I didn't read the article close enough and I don't get on Twitter all that much either. It makes sense really that its just Harry and Meghan doing the procession through Windsor.

Thanks

HIGHLY doubt that there will be no attendants. I think the Wessex only had one carriage as well? But there were attendants if I remember correctly. It could just be that Windsor is a smaller town and it's easier to do with just them and the military.

I think also that where the reception will be held plays a part her. With the Cambridges', they had to go back BP from WA, so it made sense to have the wedding party ride over in carriages. With Meghan and Harry, the reception will be at Windsor, so it doesn't make sense.

And could Meghan decide to walk down the aisle to H on her own? Thanks

If it ever came to that, for whatever reasons, my hope would be Prince Charles would step in to do the ritual. That would be very elegant. :flowers: He's done it before. I would love 'the optics' on that, as the saying goes.

If her dad is indeed not there, I think she will walk with her mom.

And I think there will be attendants, if only because Harry like children so much.

I hope KP will release some big wedding news tomorrow. This crazy needs to end.

I hope KP will release some big wedding news tomorrow. This crazy needs to end.

Your lips to God's ears Marlo.

What would thrill me to bits is if they release the wedding party list, and a certain Markle is one of them. If this happens, I think I would go out and buy the biggest bottle of bubbly ever, and have a celebration.

My point was if it came to neither father nor mother wanting to walk her down the aisle (for whatever reasons agreed by all) rather than Meghan walking alone I think it would be lovely for Charles to do the honors. Just a thought. :flowers:

I don't think one need to see that possible scenario as a negative. JMO.

Last edited:
What would thrill me to bits is if they release the wedding party list, and a certain Markle is one of them. If this happens, I think I would go out and buy the biggest bottle of bubbly ever, and have a celebration.

What member of the Markle family do you think is going to be in the bridal party :ermm: We're talking bridal party, not guest list.

And I think there will be attendants, if only because Harry like children so much.

They both do. If you saw her photos before she closed her social media, Meghan shares a very close relationship with the kids of her friends as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I so hope it's Meghan's father who walks her down the aisle....what better way to show up his son and eldest daughter as the liars that they are!!!! It will also show that their father has told the half-siblings absolutely nothing as it relates to the wedding.

We know they are lying, even if Tom isn't at the wedding. There is no way Meghan would not have invited her father to attend. If he isn't there, it will be due to health reasons or such.

What member of the Markle family do you think is going to be in the bridal party :ermm: We're talking bridal party, not guest list.

They both do. If you saw her photos before she closed her social media, Meghan shares a very close relationship with the kids of her friends as well.

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I was being playful, but there is a chance, albeit a very tiny one, more like a 0.01% chance that her niece Ashleigh could be involved. Not saying this is going to happen, I am just tired of the markle clan rhetoric.

No, I notice it whenever I see pictures from Edward and Sophie's wedding. It's ugly.

As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances.

I do hope Meghan's attendants are from her side as well as Harry's; I just find it so odd that Kate had only her sister and everyone else was from William's associates.

As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances.

I do hope Meghan's attendants are from her side as well as Harry's; I just find it so odd that Kate had only her sister and everyone else was from William's associates.

Not my favourite coach either but I understand that the carriage is closely assosciated with Windsor. You know what I would like? If they decorated the carriage with H&M's wedding flowers, kind of what they did when the Queen Mother had her 100th birthday! Like this!
https://www.google.com/search?q=que...AUICSgB&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=DY1zv0clpMSc0M:

You know what I would like? If they decorated the carriage with H&M's wedding flowers, kind of what they did when the Queen Mother had her 100th birthday!

Looks good.

And perhaps Lady Louise could drive the carriage ?

I think that would be quite neat if Louise drove them!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom