Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeek! Not if they can read my mind!!!!! ?

Apparently Jessica Mulroney is in town this weekend. The Sun has pics. Supposedly for a second hen do and the final fittings.

I really do not like her taste in anything, but prayer circle we do not get an Erdem dress.

Would Prince Harry and Meghan light a unity candle?

No.

Anglican churches tend to follow a very traditional wedding ceremony. While they may include some traditions from the couple's family, many Anglican churches frown upon inclusion of things like unity candles. Like the Catholic church, traditional Anglican churches see there are other symbols of 'unity' without lighting a candle.

So no, they wouldn't include a candle or sand.

And I for one wont miss that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Australia Unity Candles aren't common at weddings and I can't imagine in a million years a wedding taking place at St George's Windsor, in an Anglican service, that one would be used either.

Well seeing as how we are admitting wedding traditions we don't like, I dislike mothers walking daughters down the aisle. If Meghan's dad can't I'd hope she'd walk alone or with Harry.

I've never heard of a Unity Candle and I thought I'd seen it all wedding wise lol.

If Meghan's father can't make it, Meghan's uncle Joffrey Ragland could do it (if invited).

Do you expect the presence of guests from foreign royal families?

My daughter-in-law also had her mother walk her down the aisle as her father is deceased. Before they reached the altar, both mother and daughter stopped and lit a remembrance candle for the bride's father. It was a way of including him in the ceremony.

I don't think Meghan will choose to have a relative walk her down the aisle. If its not her dad or her mom, I think she will opt to walk solo or even with Harry.

I've never heard of the mixing of the sand tradition before. Sounds interesting.

I don’t even know what mixing of the sand is! Never really gave it a thought (mum walking bride) until I was asked. Happy to say after lots of discussion, this summer my son will walk his sister down the aisle.

Unlikely, unless they are personal friends of the groom. I don't think Harry has any personal relationship with other European royal families.

Its not been officially announced and I'll believe it when it comes from KP but it does seem very possible and even probable. I never believe anything that comes from the Fail.

Channel 7 here in Australia has announced its arrangements for the Royal wedding plus specials in the weeks leading up to it. So that's all four free to air tv stations on board for Oz! Hooray!

Category: | Herald Sun

Last edited:
I read that Ms. Doria, Meghan's mama paid a portion of the cost for her wedding dress. I just bet she and her daddy split the cost between them.

Whatever it costs it will be worth it, I'm sure, as Meghan will look spectacular IMO! Not that I don't think that great deals are done with designers of Royal wedding gowns.

Honestly I don't see how her parents could split the cost between them...we are talking (typically) a gown well over 100,000.

LaRae

DM just announced Meghan's Maid of Honor:

Click lit author, 36, tipped to be Meghan Markle's Maid of Honour | Daily Mail Online

Or I should say Matron of Honor. Meghan was Mof H for Lindsay's wedding.

While its a pretty safe bet, I don't expect DM to be the one to make an announcement. Meghan's friends have been good about not talking (her real ones). I wouldn't be believing any news until released by KP. I am surprised we didn't get the list when best man was announced.

Meghan had a high paying job and hasn't been financially dependent on her parents for years. I doubt very seriously if she would allow her mother to contribute one dollar to the cost of her wedding dress.

I wouldn't think she would either...

LaRae

Last edited:
Rumors that Meghan will include part of Diana's dress.

Its possible that Meghan will do as Diana and Kate did and have a small blue bow sewn into the waistband of her wedding gown. Diana also had a gold horseshoe with diamonds sewn into the dress by the label for good luck.

I don't see any part of Diana's actual dress being used though. But then again, what do I know. Both William and Harry inherited that wedding dress.

I can't imagine why she would want a piece of Diana's dress incorporated into hers...and I generally like sentimental gestures.

LaRae

Well I think you answered your own question.. sentimental gesture

Meghan had a high paying job and hasn't been financially dependent on her parents for years. I doubt very seriously if she would allow her mother to contribute one dollar to the cost of her wedding dress.

No way are they paying for the dress in fact I think Meghan will be paying for mother’s dress and her fathers suit.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe they've said that only personal invites are going out - no political or foreign dignitaries are to be invited. The exception will probably be Prince Seeiso, who is a personal friend of Harry's. I'd still expect a representative from the Greek RF and the descendants of Prince Philip's sisters, as they're close(ish) family.

Its possible that Meghan will do as Diana and Kate did and have a small blue bow sewn into the waistband of her wedding gown. Diana also had a gold horseshoe with diamonds sewn into the dress by the label for good luck.

I don't see any part of Diana's actual dress being used though. But then again, what do I know. Both William and Harry inherited that wedding dress.

The suggestion seemed to be she would actually use part of Diana's dress :ermm:

I could see continuing the blue ribbon, but anything beyond that is out there.

I know some brides incorporate part of their mother's dress in theirs, but this is out there. Especially considering royal wedding dresses, like Diana's, are preserved for display.

There is something sick about certain people and outlets waiting to jam Diana into Kate and Meghan 's lives any way they can. I think it's enough to give her name to a daughter or her ring to Kate; but it's weird to think William looked at Kate hours after she had a 3rd baby and said "honor my dead mother by wearing this dress". Or Meghan turning to Harry and saying "give me your moms wedding dress so I can rip a part out and sew it into mine".

On another note I recently ran across a headline that said Harry officially asked William to be best man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom