Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the BBC News article:

Royal wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle choose flowers - BBC News

"They will use flowers and plants that are in season and blooming naturally in May where possible, including branches of beech, birch and hornbeam, as well as white garden roses, peonies and foxgloves"

They all sound lovely and the combination of tree branches too will look amazing!

It sounds quite nice!

The floral displays in St George's Chapel will be created using locally sourced foliage, much of which will be taken from the gardens and parkland of The Crown Estate and Windsor Great Park. Where possible, Philippa will use flowers and plants that are in season in May.

LaRae

Philippa Craddock: The process has been highly collaborative, free-flowing, creative and fun. The final designs will represent them as a couple, which I always aim to achieve in my work, with local sourcing, seasonality and sustainability being at the forefront."

Sounds like about everything else they have chosen. Local, sustainable, seasonal.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth would they choose Easter Sunday to announce what type of flowers they're having? Seems baffling to me. Could it not have waited until tomorrow?

As well as being Easter Sunday, today is the 100th birthday of the RAF which hasn't been acknowledged by the KP twitter despite their links to HM Armed Forces and the fact that both W&H flew during their military careers.

Finally, no mention of the traditional sprig of myrtle? Is this to be another tradition that's set aside?

Why on earth would they choose Easter Sunday to announce what type of flowers they're having? Seems baffling to me. Could it not have waited until tomorrow?

As well as being Easter Sunday, today is the 100th birthday of the RAF which hasn't been acknowledged by the KP twitter despite their links to HM Armed Forces and the fact that both W&H flew during their military careers.

Finally, no mention of the traditional sprig of myrtle? Is this to be another tradition that's set aside?

As for the RAF birthday - it's probably because The Royal Family twitter already made an announcement and linked directly to the Queen's speech about it.

And the BBC made that announcement today - so I guess your question is to them? It sounds like you're blaming Harry/Meghan for the timing of when the BBC chose to publish the article?

The information released doesn't seem to have talked about the bouquet at all from what I've seen. Just the flowers that will decorate the chapel and hall. While the bouquet will definitely complement (and may even match) the flowers in general, talking about it at this point would be like talking about the details of the wedding dress. It seems pretty normal for royal weddings, from what I've seen, to release details about the flower decoration but to keep the bouquet components a secret.

I fully expect that there will be a sprig of myrtle.

I fully expect that there will be a sprig of myrtle.

I expect the sprig of myrtle too along with the wedding band being made of Welsh gold and the bouquet being placed on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Westminster Abbey after the wedding.

These are pretty standard traditions for British royal brides and I don't see Meghan changing them.

Didn't they release about the info on the wedding band a couple weeks ago? I can't remember if it was official or just all the sudden the royal pack was talking about.

I can't imagine she wouldn't have the spring of myrtle...that's been the tradition for decades now.

LaRae

Kensington Palace is the source of information for primarily Cambridges, Henry and Meghan.

The Royal family twitter page mentioned the centenary first thing this morning with a link to the Queens message.

There is no reason to super-cede The Queen as she speaks for all.

It is most likely that this information was released today to get ahead of the press. Royal journalists, and reporters followed Phillipa Craddock's twitter page yesterday which means they already knew. Undoubtedly this announcement was already prepped and someone just pressed "send" this morning.

Just out of curiosity, what other traditions have been "set aside"? I certainly wouldn't consider the non fruitcake wedding cake setting aside tradition.

Last edited:

The florist was announced yesterday-articles today are follow ups by the media to that information.

Last edited:
:previous: This whole thing was weird. Who announces something over the weekend? Particularly a holiday weekend?

This whole thing was weird. Who announces something over the weekend? Particularly a holiday weekend?

I don't understand why it's 'weird'. :huh: Are there 'rules' regarding announcements about a wedding? Curious.

I don't understand why it's 'weird'. :huh: Are there 'rules' regarding announcements about a wedding? Curious.

In general, announcements like this aren't done on a weekend as a lot of staff aren't in the office.

:previous: I see. :ermm: But I think a post indicated that the information was 'out there' on Friday. Looks like it was the decision of 'whoever' to publish the information to a broader audience on the weekend.

P.S. If Meghan was sending out the information, or instructing or giving the okay for the information to be sent out, I doubt she would be savvy regarding weekends, holidays and what all, especially given it was 'just' about the flowers. They must all be working like beavers on this wedding me supposes. ;)

:previous: I see. :ermm: But I think a post indicated that the information was 'out there' on Friday. Looks like it was the decision of 'whoever' to publish the information to a broader audience on the weekend.

P.S. If Meghan was sending out the information, or instructing or giving the okay for the information to be sent out, I doubt she would be savvy regarding weekends, holidays and what all, especially given it was 'just' about the flowers. They must all be working like beavers on this wedding me supposes. ;)

I wasn't suggesting Meghan is sending out the information or even instructing them on when to send it out. This particular announcement is pretty routine part of the wedding process. However, it's something the KP Communications office should've been aware of. It's just so odd how this was handled. I can't remember last time they issued a release, that's not breaking news, on the weekend.

It coincided with the Sunday newspapers, tweets can be scheduled to be released on a certain day which means no staff was forced to work.

Here's the BBC News article:

Royal wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle choose flowers - BBC News

"They will use flowers and plants that are in season and blooming naturally in May where possible, including branches of beech, birch and hornbeam, as well as white garden roses, peonies and foxgloves"

They all sound lovely and the combination of tree branches too will look amazing!

It is splendid to know that Philippa Craddock will be using the peony in St. George's Chapel.
:lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky::lucky:
With so many wedding details being announced in advance, will some people loose interest in the wedding because so much has been disclosed?

Some details won't be announced until the wedding (Meghan's dress & Henry's title, for example). And in my mind there is no comparison between DISCUSSING and actually SEEING.

Some details won't be announced until the wedding (Meghan's dress & Henry's title, for example). And in my mind there is no comparison between DISCUSSING and actually SEEING.

I agree. :flowers: We may know that peonies and roses and foxgloves will be used, but how? How will it all look? ;)

It coincided with the Sunday newspapers, tweets can be scheduled to be released on a certain day which means no staff was forced to work.

Yes. And based on a response to Emily Nash's first tweet about it, the information was embargoed until 12:01am on Sunday.

Replying to @emynash @PhilippaFlowers
Timed to the minute Ems 12.01 boom.

@scobie Latest via @GMA: Sources tell me that Meghan Markle quietly jetted out of London last Thursday to spend quality time (and talk wedding plans!) with her mother Doria in Los Angeles ahead of her #RoyalWedding to Harry next month.

@scobie The trip wasn’t the last chance for Meghan to see Doria before the big day. Sources say there are plans in place to fly mom over to London “well before [May 19] so she can be part of all the fun and festivities... and see that dress!”

@scobie Speaking of the gown, an insider confirms that top secret fittings continue to take place at an undisclosed London location and Kensington Palace. Best friend and stylist Jessica Mulroney, who helped pick the designer, will actually be flying in for one of those later this month.

Glad she was able to get away and spend time with her mother. I remember some suggesting that she might wanted to be with her for Easter and seems that is exactly what she did. They also said on GMA that Harry had his stag-do as well.

@scobie The trip wasn’t the last chance for Meghan to see Doria before the big day. Sources say there are plans in place to fly mom over to London “well before [May 19] so she can be part of all the fun and festivities... and see that dress!”

Glad she is involving her mother as much as possible....Much fun to be had pre-wedding and on the day itself :D:cool:

In this video it was declared that all the flowers in Meghan's bridal bouquet may not be white.

is this one of those videos with computerized fake voices? Hard Pass!

is this one of those videos with computerized fake voices? Hard Pass!

Yes, those computerised fake-voiced YouTube videos are always negative and agenda-ridden. There’s loads of them about making quite outlandish claims about other members of the Royal Family. I just give them a wide berth ....Not worth promoting them on reputable forums. We should be getting more news on Meghan’s wedding plans soon:)

Last edited:
@scobie Latest via @GMA: Sources tell me that Meghan Markle quietly jetted out of London last Thursday to spend quality time (and talk wedding plans!) with her mother Doria in Los Angeles ahead of her #RoyalWedding to Harry next month.

@scobie Speaking of the gown, an insider confirms that top secret fittings continue to take place at an undisclosed London location and Kensington Palace. Best friend and stylist Jessica Mulroney, who helped pick the designer, will actually be flying in for one of those later this month.

Glad she was able to get away and spend time with her mother. I remember some suggesting that she might wanted to be with her for Easter and seems that is exactly what she did. They also said on GMA that Harry had his stag-do as well.

We’ve had some information about the bridal party, I just wonder who else could possibly be on the list ? Hopefully we won’t have to wait long to find out ?

Last edited:
The 36-year-old actor opened up to ET’s Keltie Knight at the This Bar Saves Lives event in Los Angeles on Thursday about his former Suits co-star, Meghan Markle, who is preparing for her highly anticipated royal wedding to Prince Harry on May 19.

Adams, who was joined by his actress wife, Troian Bellisario, noted that Markle “doesn’t need any advice” in the marriage department -- and he couldn’t give her any tips even if he wanted to!

“I don’t even have her telephone number anymore!” Adams admitted.
Read more: Patrick J. Adams Doesn’t Have 'Suits' Co-Star Meghan Markle’s Phone Number Anymore (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom