Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what the reaction to something as benign as a wedding cake shows us is that the British press and public do not fully trust Meghan. It may be harsh but its reality. I think a small act like maybe announcing via media channels the couple has decided to have a grooms fruitcake would be a small step and reflect their different traditions while creating their own.

I also think that in the future they should continue to get out and meet the people but instead of hitting the ground running, they should focus on softer issues that will lead up to more hard hitting issues.

I think that what the reaction to something as benign as a wedding cake shows us is that the British press and public do not fully trust Meghan. It may be harsh but its reality. I think a small act like maybe announcing via media channels the couple has decided to have a grooms fruitcake would be a small step and reflect their different traditions while creating their own.

I also think that in the future they should continue to get out and meet the people but instead of hitting the ground running, they should focus on softer issues that will lead up to more hard hitting issues.

I think its primarily the tabloids trying to find anything and everything about this wedding to make mountains out of molehills with because there isn't a lot of credible, new information coming out. Take the issue with the cake. Its a cake and not a draft of a new British constitution. They're using *food* as a way to create and start chatter because they can't find anything else worthy of exaggerating.

Kensington Palace is releasing tidbits of information as we approach the wedding date. The tabloids are running with it every which way but just reporting the facts. :D

Their main concern right now actually, IMO, is to get to the church on time. We really have no reason to put expectations on this couple yet. They will do things their own way, in their own time. We're just lucky they've decided to share *any* information with us. They aren't required to.

Last edited:
Printed by Barnard Westwood who have been making royal invitations since 1985, Lottie Small, who recently completed her apprenticeship, printed all of the invitations in a process known as die stamping, on a machine from the 1930s that she affectionately nicknamed Maude.

The invitations were made with American ink on English paper.

The press release mentions the evening reception for 200 at Frogmore House.

Another thing the Daily Mail got wrong and counting......

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh duh..wasn't even thinking about the evening...I love it that the evening event will be at Frogmore.

Ok so the layout at Frogmore seemed rather tight to me when I saw pics...are there big rooms for a party?

LaRae

I'm waiting for the comments on the American ink. :lol: It's becoming more and more obvious that the royal family isn't expecting Meghan to completely give up everything American, and actually respects that fact that that is part of her heritage that's merging into their family.

Why is the Prince of Wales referred to in the invitation only as KG and KT instead of listing all his British orders ?

IT is also significant that neither the Duchess of Cornwall nor Meghan’s parents are mentioned in the invitation .

I'm waiting for the comments on the American ink. :lol: It's becoming more and more obvious that the royal family isn't expecting Meghan to completely give up everything American, and actually respects that fact that that is part of her heritage that's merging into their family.

As they should and I love it. Good for them.

Why is the Prince of Wales referred to in the invitation only as KG and KT instead of listing all his British orders ?

IT is also significant that neither the Duchess of Cornwall nor Meghan’s parents are mentioned in the invitation .

According to Emily Andrews:

"I also note the #royalwedding sensitivities: very tricky when both bride and groom have divorced parents (in common with lots of peeps around the world) so sensible to just have #PrinceCharles inviting everyone. Particularly when he’s footing the bill!"

Though this was William and Kate's which had no mention of their parents either. Theirs came from the Queen.

https://media.brides.com/photos/580...tations-large-royal-wedding-invitation-08.jpg

Last edited:

Theories...Duchess of Cornwall not included since she isn't the parent of either the bride or groom? Invitation coming from Prince Charles exclusively since he's footing the entire bill? I can see the rationale for both choices but it would've been nice for Meghan's parents to be included in the invitation.

It's more informal IMO. Charles is issuing the request to folks on behalf of everyone (and he's paying for it all so..) ..and not all of Harry's names are used either, only Meghan's first name.

LaRae

As they should and I love it. Good for them.

According to Emily Andrews:

"I also note the #royalwedding sensitivities: very tricky when both bride and groom have divorced parents (in common with lots of peeps around the world) so sensible to just have #PrinceCharles inviting everyone. Particularly when he’s footing the bill!"

Though this was William and Kate's which had no mention of their parents either. Theirs came from the Queen.

https://media.brides.com/photos/580...tations-large-royal-wedding-invitation-08.jpg

and the invitation from the Queen says 'commanded' ...Charles's says requested.

LaRae

Meghan's parents to be included in the invitation.

Why ? They are neither providing the venue, nor paying for it...

Often [but not invariably] invitations are issued by the Brides Family [since, in the past they paid for the wedding itself, the Groom being responsible for paying for the Honeymoon, and the House the couple were to live in].

the Queen says 'commanded' ...Charles's says requested.

ONLY the Queen 'commands'...She did so then, since the Cambridge wedding was a State occasion.. this one isn't.

ONLY the Queen 'commands'...She did so then, since the Cambridge wedding was a State occasion.. this one isn't.

Yes quite right...just pointing out the differences in the two invitations, it wasn't a negative point.

LaRae

It would be televised just like Edward's. It being televised was never really a debate. Same as the interviews and photoshoot, etc. He a senior working royal and 5th in line. It was never going to be the big wedding like William and Kate though I am sure they could have had the Abbey if wanted it just like Andrew did.

Seems odd for the invitations to go out in The Queen’s names for William only to send the invitations out in The Queen’s name for Harry.

Not really...William is a future King. His wedding is a different level.

LaRae

which highlights that Harry's weddings is not as "official" as William's was. If it were not for the media interest in it, I doubt it would be even televised.

It will be televised.

Maybe the invitations are in the queen's name for the future monarch.

Not really...William is a future King. His wedding is a different level.

LaRae

In Sweden, the invitations to the weddings not only of CP Victoria, but also of Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip were sent out by the Swedish equivalent to the King's Lord Chamberlain, but all 3 of them are children of the King, even though only Victoria is the heir.

William and Harry, on the other hand, are both the PoW's sons, not the Queen's. The fact that invitations to William's wedding were sent out by the Queen's Lord Chamberlain signifies to me that Buckingham Palace, rather than Clarence House, was in charge, probably because William is in direct line to the throne. What do you think ?

In Sweden, the invitations for the weddings not only of CP Victoria, but also of Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip were sent out by the Swedish equivalent to the King's Lord Chamberlain, but all 3 of them are children of the King, even though only Victoria is the heir.

William and Harry, on the other hand, are both the PoW's sons, not the Queen's. The fact that invitations to William's wedding were sent out by the Queen's Lord Chamberlain signifies to me that Buckingham Palace, rather than Clarence House, was in charge, probably because William is in direct line to the throne. What do you think ?

Yes that's what I think the difference is. William's wedding was a semi-state event from what I understand because he is a future heir so the Queen was very involved ..remember too William talking about how he went to the Queen when he was given a list of people he had to invite and she said no tear it up invite who you want etc.

I wonder...when Edward and Andrew got married how were their invitations worded?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom