Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching William and Catherine's arrival, I noticed the broadcasters focused on certain arrivals: David and Victoria Beckham, Elton John, and Charles Spencer, Princess Diana's brother. At least the broadcasters knew who Earl Spencer was!
For Prince Henry's wedding, it would be nice if more time was spent about the guests.

They will concentrate on who the general public know - the celebrity names and Diana's family along with the BRF.

They want waste time on other people who nobody really knows.

At William's they also showed the representatives of some of the other realms such as the PM of Australia - which makes sense.

People here want to see them acknowledge the royals from other countries but the vast majority of the viewing public don't care about them so they won't bother mentioning them. They will give the public what they want - celebrities and more celebrities.

They have a few seconds on each arrival - if that - and they can't spend time explaining who someone is so they go with those they know people will already know - the Beckhams or visiting PM because they are easy to explain rather than having to explain why a certain person is there such as explaing the relationship between the Danish and British royals.

Last edited:
I'm creating some games for my wedding watch party including a celebrity guest bingo board. Do you think there will be enough foreign royals and heads of state in attendance to do a separate board? It's not really my area of expertise. But with a little help to crowdsource the list, I'm happy to build that board and post both here.

So interesting. :flowers: Given what some are saying here, though, would one be able to identify the foreign royals given how little camera time it seems they would merit? Wondering. Love your idea, though. ❤️

I'm creating some games for my wedding watch party including a celebrity guest bingo board. Do you think there will be enough foreign royals and heads of state in attendance to do a separate board? It's not really my area of expertise. But with a little help to crowdsource the list, I'm happy to build that board and post both here.

I think making a board with foreign royals and heads of state is going to be a washout as there aren't many expected to attend. This isn't even a semi-state wedding like William's was. Only foreign royals and heads of state may be Prince Seeiso of Lesotho and perhaps the Prime Minister of Canada and maybe the Obamas as they would be attending as friends of the bride and groom. The Greek royal family may have some representatives there but as close relatives of the groom and not because of their royal status.

True. I forgot they're billing this wedding as private vs. semi-state. I'd already planned to include the Trudeaus and Obamas on my celebrity board. Probably simpler to keep everyone together.

Just two months to go!:flowers:;)

True, so shouldn't the invitations have gone out by now?
It's supposed to be eight weeks before, right?

They were sent out over two months in advance for William and Kate.

True, so shouldn't the invitations have gone out by now?
It's supposed to be eight weeks before, right?

They were sent out over two months in advance for William and Kate.

Maybe they have been sent already. We probably wouldn't know unless someone blabs.

I’m surprised to not see any Royal Wedding Countdown Clocks on the net and forums. We’re getting very close.

Maybe they have been sent already. We probably wouldn't know unless someone blabs.

They usually are sent out (or at least confirmed to have been) after the Queen's official consent. Will and Kate's were shown 2 weeks afterwards. So if we going by their timetable then we probably will hear something next week. I will guess that we will really have the countdown going once April hits. Big month for the royal family overall with the baby and CHOGM happening as well.

The Junior Royals travelled to Prince William and Catherine's wedding in vans.
Will the Junior Royals travel in vans to Prince Henry and Meghan's wedding?

The Junior Royals travelled to Prince William and Catherine's wedding in vans.
Will the Junior Royals travel in vans to Prince Henry and Meghan's wedding?

They used mini buses for guests at Edward & Sophie's wedding, so seems likely.

Yup, I think we’ll see those mini buses taking the extended family to and back at the wedding.

They really come in handy. My little sister is getting married this year, and I wish we had the funds to take the family to the wedding, wedding reception and back to the hotels.

I don't understand - at the Cambridges wedding minibuses were used to take guests from BP to Westminster Abbey - agree its a great idea.

But this wedding is taking place inside the Castle - why would minibuses be needed?
Are some guests gathering elsewhere outside of the Castle where they are collected and bused in?

I don't understand - at the Cambridges wedding minibuses were used to take guests from BP to Westminster Abbey - agree its a great idea.

But this wedding is taking place inside the Castle - why would minibuses be needed?
Are some guests gathering elsewhere outside of the Castle where they are collected and bused in?

THe Royals use the minibuses to transport the extended family to the weddings. They did so for Wessex’s, Wales and Cambridge weddings. It’s easier transport from the Castle to the Chapel and back, than to have everyone arrive by individual car.

Last edited:
Why don't they walk down from the Castle? it just seems odd. I can remember guests walking down for the Wales' blessing in St George's (the image of Stephen Fry looms large).

Just seems odd.

EDIT: Maybe the Wessexes was because of the long frocks!

Why don't they walk down from the Castle? it just seems odd. I can remember guests walking down for the Wales' blessing in St George's (the image of Stephen Fry looms large).

Just seems odd.

And heels (and hats usually.) Plus even though it is a short walk for most, some have health issues precluding a walk of even that distance. And they wouldn't walk if if rains, so might as well use the mini buses that will be there anyway.

Just seems odd.

Some walk down, but it’s better when using the minibuses. Limits the cars that’s needed.

Also I would think there will be guests not staying at the main castle. Perhaps the mini buses will be used for some who may stay in London, or to limit how much transport is needed from the hotels and such to the chapel. I know the castle has many guest rooms, but I doubt the queen is hosting every one.

But yes it is quite a walk for ones who are older, or if the weather is bad.

Also I would think there will be guests not staying at the main castle. Perhaps the mini buses will be used for some who may stay in London, or to limit how much transport is needed from the hotels and such to the chapel. I know the castle has many guest rooms, but I doubt the queen is hosting every one.

But yes it is quite a walk for ones who are older, or if the weather is bad.

That makes sense - thank you. I wasn't expecting HMQ to put everyone up for the weekend but transport/hotels might be an issue.

I now imagine a fleet of coaches with outriders on the M4 bound for the Castle.

Just seems odd.

Distance, dresses, heels, age...

Many reasons. I work many events were golf carts take people from point A to B for those very reasons. Only time you see people is when they hit the press area. Though no idea about this set up. But I can see people being bussed close enough to have a short walk.

I’m looking forward to seeing the flowers. I hope they do something different like yellow, purple or orange.

I think if we go by Meghan's known taste ..it will be very clean colors/styles of flowers...maybe varying shades of cream/white. With perhaps some of her favorite flowers in the mix ...wasn't it pansy's?

LaRae

I think if we go by Meghan's known taste ..it will be very clean colors/styles of flowers...maybe varying shades of cream/white. With perhaps some of her favorite flowers in the mix ...wasn't it pansy's?

LaRae

Peonies.

I hope we don't see the same old white/cream like Kate. She likes color, just pops of it, flowers would be a great place to use them. Saw in her decorating style she used neutrals, and accessorized with pop of color, like flowers.

https://www.southernliving.com/weddings/flowers/peony-wedding-bouquet-ideas#vintage-peony-bouquet

Peonies would be a great pop of color! I hope we see them!

Those bouquets are gorgeous!

LaRae

There are some lovely ones. Some of the ones, using the blush and lavender peonies, a subtle touch of color without being cream/ white. Still allow the dress to be focus, but still have a nice add of color.

What is Meghan's favorite color? :flowers: Though looking at those bouquets the vivid red would be dramatic. Interesting if she joins a vivid red (say) with strong greenery. That would be the dramatic splash for the venue, which would complement a sleek and simple dress. I think the dramatic statement for the venue could come not with the dress but with the flowers, jewels, hair and tiara.

kicked to the side

IF true, it's a sad day for collectors of Royal Memorabilia.. the 'keeping qualities' of [Brandy soused] Fruitcake are legendary, and slices of HMQ's Wedding cake STILL crop up for sale periodically.
A Sponge cake will be rotten and mouldy in about three weeks..

They might have fruitcake for the christening of their first child. I have to say that lemon elderflower sounds delicious and the sponge will be light as a feather to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom