Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more of a personal preference thing for British men than it just being something you wear for American men. Prince Edward also wear a wedding ring, yet he’s married to a British woman. Of course they will take their wives’ opinion into it if they don’t want to wear one. I can’t imagine there is much to discuss if the man in question wants to wear a wedding ring. My view on this based on what we know about Harry is that he’s likely to want to wear one.

Michael Middleton doesn’t wear a wedding ring nor does The Duke of Edinburgh.

If I had to guess I’d say Harry won’t wear a wedding ring

The Duke of Edinburgh used to wear a wedding ring many years ago. Perhaps with age his fingers have gotten larger so his ring no longer fits.

I believe Charles also wears one again now he's married to Camilla. Andrew also wore one and I believe he wore his rings (as he wore a signet ring) for many years after he got divorced. Edward wears his wedding ring like Charles on his pinky finger with his signet ring.

I like when men wear wedding rings but I guess it's all personal choice. Some men just don't like wearing rings.

I think when it comes to wearing wedding rings, the only thing that really matters is that neither of the couple wear their rings through their nose. Its a symbol of marriage to each other but some couples just don't feel like they need to wear rings to show that they're married.

My son and his wife do wear rings but, even more important to them, have matching tattoos on their left wrists of a barcode pertinent to their wedding date. They met working at the same retail place. :D

I'm sorry but is there a different belief about a mans wedding ring in England? If not why would Meghan being American matter? I admit I personally think it's strange if a husband doesn't wear a ring.

I agree, Meghan being American has little to do with this subject. I know many men who do not wear wedding rings, either from personal preference (they just don't wear rings or any jewelry) or because they cannot because of their jobs.

I happen to think William don’t wear a ring because it probably would irritate his fingers. Notice he don’t wear any jewels other than a watch. He don’t even have a dukedom signet ring.

It may be different with Harry.

The Duke of Edinburgh used to wear a wedding ring many years ago. Perhaps with age his fingers have gotten larger so his ring no longer fits.

I believe Charles also wears one again now he's married to Camilla. Andrew also wore one and I believe he wore his rings (as he wore a signet ring) for many years after he got divorced. Edward wears his wedding ring like Charles on his pinky finger with his signet ring.

I like when men wear wedding rings but I guess it's all personal choice. Some men just don't like wearing rings.

Prince Charles has been wearing a ring on his left pinky finger long before even his first marriage. Does he replace the rings with the wedding rings after each marriage?
https://images.vice.com/vice/images...dies-prince-charles-body-image-1481285889.jpg
https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/plot4.jpg?w=620

I personally want my husband to wear a ring, and it does seem to be more common in the States than in many parts of Europe in my experience. Then again, my dad stopped wearing his ring because of his job years ago and my parent's marriage is total #goals so I do not think a ring=fidelity/commitment.

But Harry seems to like to wear jewelry with significance as evidenced by his numerous bracelets and necklaces. You could argue that you do not get more significant than your wedding ring IMO, so I can easily see him wearing one.

Plus, he looks so thrilled to be a "husband" that I think any outward symbol of that he would be happy to wear. My favorite part of the engagement interview was his reaction to the interviewer referring to him as Meghan's husband.

Last edited:
Prince Charles has been wearing a ring on his left pinky finger long before even his first marriage. Does he replace the rings with the wedding rings after each marriage?
https://images.vice.com/vice/images...dies-prince-charles-body-image-1481285889.jpg
https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/plot4.jpg?w=620

The Prince of Wales have been wearing his Prince of Wales signet ring since his investiture. He places his wedding bands behind his signet ring. He wore his first band up until he became engaged to Camilla. Now he wears the second band.

Again, I think Harry will wear a ring. It’ll be too weird having another Prince not wearing one, IMO.

Last edited:
Certainly Men not wearing a Wedding Ring is more a British thing than an American one.. My Grandfather's, my Father and married Brother don't [or didn't] have them.

Certainly Men not wearing a Wedding Ring is more a British thing than an American one.. My Grandfather's, my Father and married Brother don't [or didn't] have them.
Edward VII and George V both wore wedding rings in the traditional way i.e. ring finger of the left hand. George VI didn't wear one, but he was left-handed (as is William) so maybe that had something to do with it. Peter Phillips wears his the traditional way. I'm thinking Harry will probably wear one - just a gut feeling.

I saw pics just recently showing the PoW wearing wedding rings (Diana's and Camilla's) next to his signet ring.

LaRae

I think Harry will wear his wedding ring and proudly. I wonder if his wedding band will shinny gold or silver?

:previous: Which explains why royal men don't give the wives ring set that all match a fit together. Catherine's ring is set in white metal, her wedding ring is yellow.

Yep I figure he'll wear gold also.

LaRae

When Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom got married in 1885, she was attended by ten royal bridesmaids from among her nieces. Imagine Meghan having ten bridesmaids.

Last edited:
Yes, but in those days there was a huge extended BRF with family connections all over Europe. Look at how many granddaughters Queen Victoria had, for instance.
I can't see Meghan having that many bridesmaids. Four or five I would guess, mostly littlies.

^ @Curryong - I agree. I think Ivy Mulroney and Charlotte Cambridge are sure picks.

Maybe one adult 'bridesmaid', a la Pippa, who'll probably be Jessica Mulroney.

It'a a scaled back wedding so i doubt they'd want a larger bridal party than the Cambridges.

^ @Curryong - I agree. I think Ivy Mulroney and Charlotte Cambridge are sure picks.

Maybe one adult 'bridesmaid', a la Pippa, who'll probably be Jessica Mulroney.

It'a a scaled back wedding so i doubt they'd want a larger bridal party than the Cambridges.

I also think her good friend Benita's two daughters are likely a lock as well. She calls them her "fairy goddaughters" and posted pictures of them and Ivy all over her twitter. So, IMO, those for are probably the most likely.

Meghan is very close to Jessica but Lindsey has been her BFF since college and Meghan was her MOH. I wouldn't rule her out especially since she lives in London which I am sure thrilled Meghan. The only thing that might not work is she is a brand new mother so she might not want to be in the spotlight like that.

I think maid of honor could be Ashley Hale, Meghan's niece, with whom Meghan apparetly has a close contact and who is still single.

I don't see Ashleigh. The seem close enough but not that close. My money would be on Jessica or Lindsay for that role. I do fully expect Ashleigh to be there though.

Among the upper crust in UK society, it is said to be quite uncommon for men to wear one.

Should men wear wedding rings? - Telegraph

Charles did (does?) but he wore it on a different finger. I know he did when married to Diana.

Meghan being American may matter because she may not feel the same way as a British bride does. Kate had no problem with William not wearing a ring, because it is normal where she is from. Meghan, having been raised in the US where men usually get a ring (William doesn't just not wear it, he doesn't have one), may wish her husband to have one as well.
Thank you for taking the time to explain to me what the difference is between the UK and US regarding men and wedding rings. I know Charles had one and I admit I was a little disheartened when I heard William wouldn't be wearing one and I thought it was disrespectful to Kate; but now I know better. Thank you for educating me on this. :)

DOnt know who will end up as MOH, but wouldn’t be surprised if Mulroneys, Benita Litt and family, and Lindsey and her husband end up in the family section along with Doria and Tom Sr.

Unless she sticks to the traditional 'unmarried woman' I don't think Ashleigh will be her MOH. Though she seems close to her niece, I think we will see someone like Jessica or Lindsay. I do think she will have a MOH. While I don't see her having a whole adult/mostly adult bridal party, I don't think she will ditch the MOH all together either.

Ivy, Charlotte, and one or both of her 'fairy goddaughters' seem most obvious. George as a page boy. If both page boys are from Harry's side (perhaps a godson) then I could see perhaps both fairy goddaughters. Or if a page boy comes from Meghan's, perhaps we will see one fairy goddaughter and one of the many Windsor girls.

While the royal family certainly hasn't gotten any smaller from Victorian times, I agree there wont be 10 bridesmaids. Margaret had 8 but that is a lot (she had no page boys). Not that there isn't a shortage of kids to choose from between the Windsors (Charlotte, Mia, Isla, Savannah, as well as grandkids of the Kents, Gloucesters, Prince Michael, Margaret and Camilla), Spencers (Lara, Charlotte, grandchildren of the aunts) and then of course friends of the couple and Meghan's side.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any other Windsor kids other than Cambridges. As long as the parents are ok with the limelight, they couple has plenty of kids they are very close to.

I also think her good friend Benita's two daughters are likely a lock as well. She calls them her "fairy goddaughters" and posted pictures of them and Ivy all over her twitter. So, IMO, those for are probably the most likely.

Meghan is very close to Jessica but Lindsey has been her BFF since college and Meghan was her MOH. I wouldn't rule her out especially since she lives in London which I am sure thrilled Meghan. The only thing that might not work is she is a brand new mother so she might not want to be in the spotlight like that.

I didn't know that! How lovely for the two of them.

I always felt it would be Lindsey as MOH, but I can also see Meghan having two adult attendants so maybe it will be both Jessica and Lindsey? I will be honest, I am not a huge fan of what I have seen from Jessica in terms of her public persona, but she has been a discreet and loyal friend to Meghan, even if her current styling of Meghan has me :bang::bang::bang:

^i second that . Jessica has been really royal but her fashion choices IMO aren’t that great ! I mean come on wear a bright colour !

Meghan hardly wears bright colors though. All you have to do is look at her [now defunct] Instagram and see she was very much into neutral colors. I am glad she sticking to her style and not suddenly dressing differently. She is out working and doesn't want to take away despite the fact they will focus on her outfit anyways. I think once she is official and she is dressing in gowns and such she will start including more brightness but overall I think she has established her working attire.

I didn't know that! How lovely for the two of them.

I always felt it would be Lindsey as MOH, but I can also see Meghan having two adult attendants so maybe it will be both Jessica and Lindsey? I will be honest, I am not a huge fan of what I have seen from Jessica in terms of her public persona, but she has been a discreet and loyal friend to Meghan, even if her current styling of Meghan has me :bang::bang::bang:

Lindsay moved to London when she married. I think her husband is British and the wedding was in London, IIRC. I know she had been staying there prior to the wedding and talked about moving there. So when Meghan was traveling back and forth in the early days of dating she at least had someone else in town.

Last edited:
Do you think that Meghan will have a maid of honor and a matron of honor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom