Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for Prince Charles to compose an entirely brand new wedding entrance march for Meghan's wedding?

I am sure it shall be a happy day. A wedding is the most romantic part of life. And. I know Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II will think of her own. It just seems that she cannot hide it. Even after 61 years. Salute!

PS. A nice Royal Wedding took place at Barnwell Manor. At the time. Their Royal Highnesses, Prince And Princess Richard Of Gloucester. Any photos on here of that lovely wedding?

Prince and Princess Richard of Gloucester

Would it be possible for Prince Charles to compose an entirely brand new wedding entrance march for Meghan's wedding?

They could. I’m sure everything will be beautiful.

Prince Charles to compose

The Prince doesn't write Music [as far as i'm aware], but he may commission a piece from a Composer..

Its not uncommon for some songs to be commissioned for a royal wedding. Kate and William had a few pieces that were commissioned for the wedding.

This one was a gift to the couple from the abbey who commissioned it.

There was also a piece by a young welsh composer.

I have never heard Charles writing music of his own. But if he has a hand in selecting music for the wedding like he did for William's, he may commission one for the couple.

No, Charles don’t write music. He and Catherine worked together on the music selections.

I invited friends over to watch (wanted to have a little party like I did for the Cambridge wedding).
But nobody thinks a wedding at St. George's is worth getting up so early!
Looks like I'll have to go it alone, unless I can be more persuasive!

What would be the most number of bridesmaids and flower girls Meghan would have? What would be the least number?

I have a nosy question for wyevale please...at Christmas when you went to Windsor Castle did you go into the room where the reception will be held? I keep wondering about that...

Somehow I missed the post about wyevale popping in to Windsor castle....

LaRae

^ Yes, we did..both of them. ^

St Georges Hall [for Drinks beforehand and the cutting of the Cake after the Wedding breakfast] , and the Waterloo Chamber for the breakfast itself.

What would be the most number of bridesmaids and flower girls Meghan would have? What would be the least number?

Honestly depends on the bride. I'd say at least 1 is minimum if she went totally modern and just had a maid of honor and Harry have a best man.

But I don't see her foregoing the child bridal party all together.

Based on royal marriages of the past:

-minimum would likely be 1 of each: Anne had Edward and Lady Sarah Chatto when she married Mark. Zara served when she married Tim.

-maximum: 10- the queen had 8 bridesmaids and 2 page boys

-Fergie had 4 page boys and 4 bridesmaids
-Diana had 2 page boys and 5 bridesmaids
-Kate had 2 page boys and 4 bridesmaids
-Sophie had 2 page boys and 2 bridesmaids
-Margaret was odd in I don't think she had page boys, she had 8 bridesmaids though

Seems 2 page boys, other then Andrew and Fergie, seems the common number. But Harry has a nephew and several little boys in his life, maybe we will see more. Meghan has some little boys in her life too. I tend to think they will lean more towards the Cambridge numbers, but could see 8 like Fergie. I just hope we see a nice balance of both bride and groom side.

Last edited:
Thank you wyevale. It’s been on my mind so much that I just looked at the photos again before I posted. Such a magnificent honor to step into history....again, thank you.

^ Yes, we did..both of them. ^

St Georges Hall [for Drinks beforehand and the cutting of the Cake after the Wedding breakfast] , and the Waterloo Chamber for the breakfast itself.

So cool! How many people a year get to marry at St Georges? I take it that you have to get permission?

LaRae

I think Kate had five: Pippa, Margarita, Louise, the little Lopes girl and Grace Van Cutsem.

I was going more 'child bridesmaids', sorry in my mind Pippa was maid of honor why I didn't count her. If going to count Pippa, then they had eight, as we should also add Harry.

To me he seems like he will...William (or KP..whoever it was) announced well before the wedding he would not wear a ring.

LaRae

To me he seems like he will...William (or KP..whoever it was) announced well before the wedding he would not wear a ring.

LaRae

The DM reported that 'palace sources' confirmed that William wouldn't wear it. Palace sources are always questionable (if actually exist) but it proved true. Of course it was St James/Clarence House, not Kensington palace in those days. William didn't have his own staff/office at Kensington until some time after the wedding. It was the end of March when the statement was said to be made, so I guess we could get the same for Harry.

Royal wedding: Palace confirms Prince William won't wear ring when he marries Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online

I don't get the big deal, if the bride doesn't care shouldn't matter. No need to make a public statement IMO.

I agree Countessmeout, really what was the purpose of that? It’s a personal decision.

The DM reported that 'palace sources' confirmed that William wouldn't wear it. Palace sources are always questionable (if actually exist) but it proved true. Of course it was St James/Clarence House, not Kensington palace in those days. William didn't have his own staff/office at Kensington until some time after the wedding. It was the end of March when the statement was said to be made, so I guess we could get the same for Harry.

Royal wedding: Palace confirms Prince William won't wear ring when he marries Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online

I don't get the big deal, if the bride doesn't care shouldn't matter. No need to make a public statement IMO.

I am curious about this because Meghan is American and the wedding ring might be seen differently to her. They explained William's because people were curious. As long as the married couple are fine with it then it is whatever but it will be interesting to see how they do it.

I'm sorry but is there a different belief about a mans wedding ring in England? If not why would Meghan being American matter? I admit I personally think it's strange if a husband doesn't wear a ring.

I'm sorry but is there a different belief about a mans wedding ring in England? If not why would Meghan being American matter? I admit I personally think it's strange if a husband doesn't wear a ring.

Among the upper crust in UK society, it is said to be quite uncommon for men to wear one.

Should men wear wedding rings? - Telegraph

Charles did (does?) but he wore it on a different finger. I know he did when married to Diana.

Meghan being American may matter because she may not feel the same way as a British bride does. Kate had no problem with William not wearing a ring, because it is normal where she is from. Meghan, having been raised in the US where men usually get a ring (William doesn't just not wear it, he doesn't have one), may wish her husband to have one as well.

Michael Middleton doesn’t wear a wedding ring nor does The Duke of Edinburgh.

If I had to guess I’d say Harry won’t wear a wedding ring

:previous: Michael and Philip are both married to British wives. That may make the difference. Meghan may have feelings about her husband wearing a ring, some women clearly do. I don't see Harry not wearing one, if Meghan wants it. To me it seems bizarre for them not to both exchange a ring in the ceremony, seems like missing part of a ceremony.

But who knows, Meghan may not care either way. I guess we will see.

It is a mixture of class and preference. William, Philip and Michael Middleton don’t wear a wedding ring. Former PM David Cameron doesn’t wear a wedding ring either.

Meghan will no doubt bring her own opinion on this to the table.

Last edited:
It is a mixture of class and preference. William, Philip and Michael Middleton don’t wear a wedding ring. Former PM David Cameron doesn’t wear a wedding ring either.

Meghan will no doubt bring her own opinion on this to the table.

A long list of British men married to British women :whistling:

Charles and Edward both wear them. Andrew wore one.

The point being such decisions are usually something a couple makes together. Most grooms would take a wife's feelings into mind. As Meghan is not a British bride, it is not a given that Harry will follow the lead of the men you list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom