Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And apparently more details to be released later.

LaRae

That carriage drive is going to be awesome....if I understand right they are going to go down that long long drive back to the castle. So picturesque!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they are just making one big loop around so everyone can see them. Very nice. 1 hour ceremony. Glad it is short. Gotta set that alarm for 5am. Whew. Haha.

Thanks for the update Rudolph. Glad that there will be a carriage procession through Windsor.

Will be up bright and early for this beautiful day.

Waiting for the guest list....you know there will be leaks.

Waiting to see if they release who is in the bridal party (Cambridge kids?)

LaRae

Waiting to see if they release who is in the bridal party (Cambridge kids?)

LaRae

That info will all be released as well. I assume another big update like this will come next month along with invites gong out.

I've always wondered too - do we know this, or do we assume this? I've never actually seen a verifiable source saying "the Queen told William he had to wear his Guards uniform". To me it seems like William wore the uniform and him being forced to looked like a good line for a story at some point, so a reporter said it, it was repeated by other stories... and thus has become "fact". Just like it was "fact" that Pippa Middleton was going to arrive at her wedding via a horse drawn carriage - right up until she arrived in a car.

Here's the article where William talks about getting his directive from HM:

Prince William on Queen Elizabeth in exclusive interview: 'My grandma is incredible' | Daily Mail Online

Thank you Rudolph for the update. Pranter, I’m hoping for the Cambridge kids and Mia in the bridal party. Now, where do you think the after party will be...I hope Frogmore.

Nice updates! Can't wait to see the carriage ride. So exciting!

Thank you Rudolph for the update. Pranter, I’m hoping for the Cambridge kids and Mia in the bridal party. Now, where do you think the after party will be...I hope Frogmore.

The article said the evening dinner and party are probably going to be at Frogmore.

Frogmore...that is so nice they can do it there...seems like that was an important place for them.

LaRae

Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could live there....

That announcement doesn't say where the Prince of Wales's evening party will be held.

For those of us who aren’t very familiar with Windsor, can someone tell us how long the carriage ride will be? Are they taking the same route as Edward and Sophie did?

Daily Mail is giving more details about the wedding. A map of the two mile procession route for the carriage ride. Archbishop of Cantebury is officiating for the vows. Kensington Palace is pushing for Barack and Michelle Obama to be invited. Donald Trump is confirmed not to be invited. Only Meghan's close family will be invited. It's official - Samantha and Tom Jr will not be buying plane tickets to the UK. (They can certainly afford them with the money they earned selling stories to the tabloids.)

Nothing we hadn't all suspected....but nice to have confirmed. Morning ceremony, afternoon reception hosted by queen, evening reception hosted by the POW for close family and friends. The same basically as Cambridge wedding except location. And of course a carriage ride.

Was there really any doubt that Samantha and Tom wouldn't be invited :lol:

For those of us who aren’t very familiar with Windsor, can someone tell us how long the carriage ride will be? Are they taking the same route as Edward and Sophie did?

I believe this is a longer route, but similar to Edward's which took 15 minutes or thereabouts.

Also, glad to see the AOC is indeed officiating. Some people were swearing up and down he wouldn't because Harry "wasn't important enough."

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, glad to see the AOC is indeed officiating. Some people were swearing up and down he wouldn't because Harry "wasn't important enough."

Honestly there are people who cling to the idea Harry is going to fade into garden gnome status and no one will see Meghan, because of baby 3. I am surprised some people don't suggest the couple would be wed by a local priest picked up off the street :whistling:

Anne and Andrew were both married by the archbishop and while they were the children of the queen, they stood to fall much further from the throne. Edward and Sophie chose the bishop of Norwich to emphasize family wedding, he is the queen's priest at Sandringham. Even with his niece/nephew/baby, he is still the second of only 2 sons of the heir. Harry will be important for many years to come, until the Cambridge kids are done university and so, and start taking on duties.

Daily Mail is giving more details about the wedding. A map of the two mile procession route for the carriage ride. Archbishop of Cantebury is officiating for the vows. Kensington Palace is pushing for Barack and Michelle Obama to be invited. Donald Trump is confirmed not to be invited. Only Meghan's close family will be invited. It's official - Samantha and Tom Jr will not be buying plane tickets to the UK. (They can certainly afford them with the money they earned selling stories to the tabloids.)

So is all of this confirmed by KP or is some of this info coming for DM "sources"?

So is all of this confirmed by KP or is some of this info coming for DM "sources"?

Their "sources" of course. All that was confirmed was what was provided in the official statement by KP.

Harry will not fade away nor will his family coz comman man is interested in them . Just look at the media turnout at their engagements. Press deliver what the public wants .

In that sense only George should matter and not his siblings . I’m sure William and Catherine too will want all their children to be treated equally in private at least !

When George, Charlotte, and #3 reach their teen years the media will turn their attention completely to them as they will be the younger, hipper royals. That is just the way it goes. Harry and Meghan's kids, if lucky enough, will be left alone but who knows how all will be by then.

That is a ways from now though. Harry and Meghan will be just as active and seen as William and Kate for the next decade especially once Charles is crowned and their responsibilities grow.

I have my doubts that the Daily Mail map is correct. All the statement said is that the procession will go via Castle Hill, High Street, and the Long Walk. They connect that with a very long diversion down the Kings Road to get to the Long Walk, but my guess is that the procession will follow the same route as state visit processions, and connect from the High Street over to the Long Walk by way of Park Street, which is much shorter.

Last edited:
So - do you guys think that they will follow the same route OUT of Windsor Castle on the way to the chapel? Like how the royals would process out of Buckingham Palace to the Abbey?

I'm still holding out hope that we will get to see the public out and about and lined up along the front of Windsor Castle and down the long road there going to the chapel while Harry & co and Meghan ride in their cars to the chapel...

Anyone have any idea about how that might happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom