Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s why Trump would/should never be invited: he made uncomfortable overtures toward Harry’s mother while she was living; he made gross and crude remarks about her after her death. All well-documented, not just rumor. I don’t think Charles or William would have any interest in associating with the rude and boorish President, either.

Why should President Trump attend, let alone be invited?

With all due respect for Harry and Meghan, Harry is pretty far down the pecking order in regards to heads of states. He is not the Heir, he is not even the next heir, so IMO an attendance by the US ambassador would be sufficient, more than sufficient actually.

The same thing applies to foreign monarchs and other heads of states. Other royal families who attend with heirs and up would IMO be a pretty impressive attendance.
It's another matter with personal friends and relatives who happens to be royals.
But AFAIK there are not that many foreign royals among Harry's relations and even fewer personal friends.

On the other hand I know the BRF do things differently, like extending personal invitations to foreign RF's rather than general invitations, so we shall see.

Here’s why Trump would/should never be invited: he made uncomfortable overtures toward Harry’s mother while she was living; he made gross and crude remarks about her after her death. All well-documented, not just rumor. I don’t think Charles or William would have any interest in associating with the rude and boorish President, either.

Well, TRump will probably make an official visit to the UK in the summer and another full state visit in the fall, and William is likely to take part in both of them. So, I suppose he will have to associate with Mr Trump whether he likes it or not. His grandmother had to have dinner once with Ceausescu and Robert Mugabe; it is part of the job.

The main reason why I think Trump should not be invited is actually that,in addition to not being a friend of the bride and groom, his presence at the wedding would be distractive and, even worse, might prompt some people to show up outside to protest against him, which would be unfortunate on Harry and Meghan's wedding day. Having said that, Obama's attendance would also be distractive and would cause extra security problems.

I am pretty convinced though that Obama will not be invited either because inviting Obama without inviting Trump again would be made a big deal in the British and American press and would create complications for the British government.

Last edited:
I don't think any U.S. president has attended a royal wedding, so I can't imagine it would happen this time.

Given the bride-to-be's comments about Trump, I doubt he'd attend even if he were invited.

Except for the aforementioned prince of Lesotho, I can't think of any other foreign royal with whom Harry has some kind of personal relation. Someone from the Greek RF maybe ?

I'd expect the Greek royals, at least a few of them. They are close to the BRF, and the Wales family. Constantine is William's godfather and William is to one of Pavlos' kids.

Then there is Prince Franz-Albrecht of Ottingen-Spielberg. Harry and Franz have hunted for years. Harry attended his wedding to Cleopatra. I would be surprised if the couple weren't on the list.

Other then that I don't know any royals that Harry has any real connection with. Unlike Edward and Sophie who mingle with them often, Harry sees them on state visits or Olympics but little else.

Well maybe some of the German relatives. They attend things like the queen's jubilee. Not sure they will be invited to Harry's wedding or not.

I think Eugenie might have a more impressive guest list, when it comes to royals/aristos. Her and Bea move in those circles far more, and attend weddings like Amedeo's.

It would be nice to see some of the German relatives from Prince Philip's side attend the wedding. Do you think that any of the relatives from the Bowes-Lyons will attend? Do you think that any of the relatives from the Lascelles, Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood's side, will attend?

It would be nice to see some of the German relatives from Prince Philip's side attend the wedding. Do you think that any of the relatives from the Bowes-Lyons will attend? Do you think that any of the relatives from the Lascelles, Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood's side, will attend?

We cant know for sure but basing it off the Cambridge wedding, I'm not sure we will see any. The only Bowes-Lyon family member at their was Margaret Rhodes (that I can find on a list), and she of course passed away. And no on the Lascalles. The Windsor invitations only extended as far as the ones we see on the balconies (kents and gloucesters) and their kids.

One thing I think we're going to see as far as the guest list goes is people from all walks of life and no group will be more represented than another. This, to me, comes from what I know of Harry and how he interacts with people. Those that associate with him whether it be the upper crust circle of friends, military comrades, friends made working with his charities and patronages or friends he's hunted and vacationed with all see Harry as a "regular chap" and easy to get along with. Its hard not to like Harry.

As I'm not as familiar with Meghan as I am with Harry, I do see that Meghan has made her own close circle of friends and seems to get along with co-workers and people she's been involved in things with.

I think both Harry and Meghan see people for who they are and not because of status or that they're royalty or aristocracy or well known. We're going to see this reflected in their wedding guest list. Family, friends, comrades in arms, people they have worked with over the years in various ways. The wedding is going to reflect Harry and Meghan most of all above anything the media or the government or Aunt Prudence's gossipy neighbor want to spin it into being.

I think the thing that impressed me the most is, at the time of engagement, they made it a specific point to state that they want to share all this with the public. It was, in its own way, Harry and Meghan's way of telling us to save the date as we're going to be included. I like that. :D

One of the things that I'm looking forward is the music. Especially Meghan's entrance music. Maybe she will choose something like Mary or Kate. Or something more demure like Victoria.

:previous: I think it probably depends on what Pa says. But then again, Meghan may bring an American flair.

Trumpet Voluntary was what Princess Diana used for her wedding march as she walked down the aisle with her father Earl Spencer. Do you think that Meghan might use Trumpet Voluntary?

One of the things that I'm looking forward is the music. Especially Meghan's entrance music. Maybe she will choose something like Mary or Kate. Or something more demure like Victoria.

I get a laugh out of imagining Harry and Meghan go for the route of CP Philip and Sofia, have contemporary music choices and this Forum will collectively lose it's mind.

Seriously, there is so very much good music out there. Dad will help make excellent choices and we may just see something we do not expect. Hakuna Matata perhaps? :lol:

Edit: I just re-read this. To be clear, I suggested that song from the Lion King entirely because Harry has such a love for parts of the African Continent. I was not alluding to Meghan's African American heritage or in any way saying either Harry or Meghan are warthogs. It's just a party song that reminds me of Harry!

Last edited:
Some American Christian Hymns perhaps?

:previous: Good idea, just not for the processional or recessional.

AdmirerUS, fortunately only those of a classical religious music bent will have a collective breakdown. Unfortunately, the other half (plus those in the pews) could be tempted to shake their booties!

Last edited:
I'm wondering how likely it would be for Prince Andrew to bring Sarah as his plus one to Harry and Meghan's wedding??

I'm not sure she will even be there let alone as a plus 1.

LaRae

I'm wondering how likely it would be for Prince Andrew to bring Sarah as his plus one to Harry and Meghan's wedding??

Well Sarah wasn't at Edward's wedding nor was he at Charles' wedding to Camilla so I doubt she'll be invited to Harry's.

BBC has decided to play up the American tv connection. They have named Julie Montagu to cover the royal wedding. Julie Montagu is on the Bravo show 'Ladies of London'. She is married to the heir of the Earl of Sandwich (so not only tv connection, but the American marrying into the upper crust of society thing).

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Covered by Julie Montagu | The Daily Dish

Oh, goodness. Hopefully she'll be providing as little color as possible. I have to admit to enjoying Ladies of London, but I'm not sure she's one you want to let loose outside of that context. I mean, she mostly seems nice and well-intentioned, so at least there's that, but even within the world of reality TV she doesn't come off as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

That said, if they HAD to choose an American from that show I'm glad it was her. The other one is a can't-shut-up know-it-all!

I'd say that there's a 10% chance, and it would only happen if Harry did an incredible amount of arm-twisting. It would also have to involve an extremely creative seating plan. From what I have seen of St. George's, it doesn't lend itself to creative Royal Family seating plans. In addition, I think she would be asked to enter and exit the side entrance out of public view and not join everyone on the front steps.

There would be some rules in place for her and other unpredictable guests, like no cellphones and no tweeting or talking to the press about the event.

I get a laugh out of imagining Harry and Meghan go for the route of CP Philip and Sofia, have contemporary music choices and this Forum will collectively lose it's mind.

Seriously, there is so very much good music out there. Dad will help make excellent choices and we may just see something we do not expect. Hakuna Matata perhaps? [emoji38]

Edit: I just re-read this. To be clear, I suggested that song from the Lion King entirely because Harry has such a love for parts of the African Continent. I was not alluding to Meghan's African American heritage or in any way saying either Harry or Meghan are warthogs. It's just a party song that reminds me of Harry!
I read your statement I thought "that could offend someone" but it's sad that it would; sorry you had to edit your post to explain your joke. Thanx to our overly PC world.

What do you think of a page boy carrying the wedding rings on a satin pillow as the bridal procession walks down the aisle?

No.. the Best Man has it in his pocket...

Where they will go to the honeymoon? What do you think?

Probably depends on when they take one...if they do it right after or wait till things slow down.

LaRae

Flower girls can be almost any age up to maybe 10/12 range ..and there's no rule...that's just what I typically see.

LaRae

How old does a flower girl have to be? :rose2::rose2::rose2:

Minimum? Or maximum?

The Cambridge wedding the youngest girls were 3 (Eliza and Grace). The older two were 7-8. Youngest you have to worry about if they are going to be able to make it down the aisle and do what is needed. And on a big scale like a royal wedding that is even more important. 3 is likely the youngest you want to go. Charlotte was just over 2 when she served for Pippa, but then again Pippa's wedding was a much smaller do. St George's may not be Westerminster, but it is still a huge church, and a big occasion.

Maximum? Diana had a few older ones, including a 17 year old Sarah (but they were more along the lines of junior bridesmaids then the traditional flower girl). I would be surprised if we saw any more then maybe 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom