Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Good Morning America Meghan has picked her wedding dress designer and had her first fitting. Also George and Charlotte will have big roles.

Last edited:
^^ They also said Jessica's daughter will be one of the flower girls.

Not sure about that whole fitting thing..more likely finalizing the details and getting her measurements.

LaRae

Omid Mio Scobie is reporting the same thing (was he on GMA? He goes on one of shows at times) on twitter. The fitting is consistent with what Lainey reported yesterday.

One interesting thing is that he reported Jessica quietly flew to London for 4 days on January 10th.If you look at Jessica's IG, she posted a picture of her kids with welcome home signs on January 15th. I don't think it's a surprise for anyone that she'd be helping Meghan with the dress.

Last edited:
I suspected Jessica was in London recently based off her IG. She typically is active when she away for work and she was silent about this trip. Her being involved is expected. They are very close friends and she is a bridal guru. Makes total sense for Meghan to have someone around in her corner among all the other people hired by the palace to make sure this wedding goes on flawlessly.

What do you think of an aisle runner laid out? I have seen these in white.

I've seen it done...but it can look really cheap sometimes, and they don't always stay in place.

LaRae

:previous: I know, but I still don't understand after watching it. :lol: What is it supposed to do?

Oh create a pathway for the bride. Usually done to also cover carpet color.

LaRae

Also a bridal runner will be fresh and keep the wedding dress and train from collecting dirt on the way up and down the aisle. I've seen them made out of cloth and out of heavy paper. Its usually the last thing unfurled before the bridal party starts it trek up the aisle.

The wedding is in four months, I would expect that the designer has been chosen as well as the dress sketch. Takes a couple of months to make a dress like this and they would not want to leave it for the last week in case there are any issues that need fixing.

Also, I’m sure the children attendants have been notified to give them time to prepare and organize travel and school schedules and such. The children’s clothes will also have to be made and there will need to be a fitting a few weeks before the wedding.

Four months flies by in a blink when you are organizing a large event with a lot of people.

Last edited:
^^ Agreed. I think the designer has been decided and they in the stage of putting it together. I believe the GMA stuff is true for the most part. This is usually around the time little stuff starts leaking because there is a lot of activity going on. 4 months is not that long of a time.

I’m thanking my lucky stars the BRF members get married in six months of getting engaged. Can you imagine if this carried out to a year?

And I'm super happy as they are getting married on my birthday !!

Personally, I'm not interested much in obtaining leaked information. Although I love talking about the venue and the possible attendants and flowers and everything else, there's just something special about being surprised and taking in everything on the wedding day itself.

This is definitely going to be one beautiful wedding. :D

Everything must be moving ahead smoothly like clockwork. The British royals run a well-oiled ship. ?

I wonder if Meghan is paying for the cost of her dress, or paying Jessica for her work? Maybe Harry is using his money to help pay for the dress. The royal family pays for the venue, flowers, accoutrements, etc. to stage the wedding. I believe the British taxpayers are only out of costs for the security.

But the tremendous amount of interest and dollars already being generated for the British economy via tourism, design industry and various businesses (like the Welsh bakery, et al) is significant, and will be enduring.

Last edited:
I hope no one lets information out.
It’s much more fun seeing the dress etc on the day and being surprised

^^ Agreed. I think the designer has been decided and they in the stage of putting it together. I believe the GMA stuff is true for the most part. This is usually around the time little stuff starts leaking because there is a lot of activity going on. 4 months is not that long of a time.

For a dress like this, it's 100% guaranteed there will be a muslin, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're at the stage of fitting that.

Btw, GMA also report Meghan will have her hair and makeup team from Suits on hand the day of the wedding. Not sure how accurate this is as there have been reports about KP request hair sketches for her.

:previous: The reports of 'hair sketches' seems even more unlikely. She is far more likely to work with a stylist on her hair, then request sketches. Besides, until decisions are made on her gown, tiara and such, highly doubt hair will be planned. I find it more plausible she would trust a styling team she has worked with for years, over someone she had a sketch from. That said, just as likely will find style team in the UK to work with.

The aisle runner question....that is what the blue carpet is, it is an aisle runner. I don't see them bringing in a cheap one for the bride to walk on.

Honestly we will be getting four months of 'facts' leaked. Have to get used to taking them with a cruise ship load of salt.

I believe the dress fitting rumor. Watch bridal shows, and they say if a bride wants a dress that isn't 'off the rack' six months is a short time period. And that is just to have a current design, made to fit your body. To custom design and craft the gown, in the kind of quality and detail that goes into a royal gown, takes a lot of time. Royal brides are lucky in they will have a designer working around the clock. But likely process started right away on deciding on designer and style.

Btw, GMA also report Meghan will have her hair and makeup team from Suits on hand the day of the wedding. Not sure how accurate this is as there have been reports about KP request hair sketches for her.

I really hope it’s wrong hair and makeup for a tv show is very different to hair and makeup for a royal wedding ( or any wedding really)

I really hope it’s wrong hair and makeup for a tv show is very different to hair and makeup for a royal wedding ( or any wedding really)

Not necessarily. They do do wedding makeup on TV shows. Any good makeup artist have skills that make them versatile enough to take on different jobs even if they have a gig on a TV show. And really, I haven’t seen anything too special about royal wedding makeup, so I highly doubt anything they can’t handle will come up as they’ve shown to be able to handle different looks.

Last edited:
:previous: Certainly. While they may work on tv that isn't a bad thing. They have professional training and experience. And likely understand better then others, how to do makeup and hair that will shoot. And when the wedding will be broadcast for millions, and photos seen for years to come, that is important. If she doesn't use the suits team, Jessica likely had contacts to put Meghan in with for a good team to help her out.

I at least feel confident that Meghan has been in public eye enough to know not to rely on her personal makeup/hair skills on such an important day. Leave it to professionals.

Btw, I’m pretty sure most well known and successful makeup artists have worked with celebrity clients or something related to the entertainment industry at this point. Who do you suggest she use, if we are going to say no makeup artists who have worked on a show/movie/stage/red carpet and any other type related to entertainment industry that I’m missing? In fact, given that most people will be watching from a television, don’t we want someone that understands how makeup needs to work with lights and angles and how that will turn out on a screen?

Meghan will decide on an overall look for makeup and they will work with that.

Last edited:
Seeing the images from her wedding, I can't help longing for the day when Mathilde will wear Queen Élisabeth's art deco diamond tiara again, although I fear that will never happen given her allegedly bad relationship with Queen Paola, who is rumored to have left the tiara to her daughter, Princess Astrid of Belgium.

Without too much fuss, could you (or someone) briefly say why there is animus between Paola and Mathilde? :huh:
So curious.

I can believe it. Not the whole team but if it is the same person who has taken care of her for a number of years... why not? And I doubt she the only one but I can see that team being there just in case. I would be the same way.

One of my good friends had her show dresser help her on her wedding day because no one knew her body like her. It is the little things.

I can believe it. Not the whole team but if it is the same person who has taken care of her for a number of years... why not? And I doubt she the only one but I can see that team being there just in case. I would be the same way.

One of my good friends had her show dresser help her on her wedding day because no one knew her body like her. It is the little things.

I took the team to mean hair person nd makeup person, not the whole hair team and makeup team. :lol: Although, she might need multiple people considering it won’t be just her. The last wedding I was a bridesmaid at had two make up artist and the wedding wasn’t even until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. We had to start at 9 to make sure we all finished on time although we did finish in the early afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom