Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I’ve only seen the picture of her and Justin Trudeau at One Young World and didn’t think it warranted the conclusion of “these people are friends” that seemed to be determined; JT engages with a lot of celebrities in stuff like that, so to me it wasn’t a big deal.

I hope the bridesmaids and pageboys are from Meghan and Harry's friends and not just Harry.

There has been mention of a little girl that Meghan knows who could be considered as a bridesmaid or a flower girl. Her name is Ivy.

Thank you! I’ve only seen the picture of her and Justin Trudeau at One Young World and didn’t think it warranted the conclusion of “these people are friends” that seemed to be determined; JT engages with a lot of celebrities in stuff like that, so to me it wasn’t a big deal.

That's how I took it as well. I think Meghan mixed in the same circles as the Trudeau's and obviously they know each other and have probably spent time together socially, but I didn't really get "close personal friends" from that.

There has been mention of a little girl that Meghan knows who could be considered as a bridesmaid or a flower girl. Her name is Ivy.

There have been mention of three girls indeed. :flowers:

Ivy aka Isabella Mulroney

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLReMtCAkBG/?taken-by=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIlFoD5AbWa/?taken-by=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIk_dGNAWBT/?taken-by=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJbtKbgZl1/?taken-by=meghanmarkle

There are also her two goddaughters
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVh5BVge80/?taken-by=meghanmarkle

Ivy might be cute paired age wise with Charlotte. And one of her goddaughters paired with another older bridesmaid (or both).

I think the concern of the other poster is that if we look at the Cambridge wedding, the entire bridal party save Pippa, came from William's side.

That's how I took it as well. I think Meghan mixed in the same circles as the Trudeau's and obviously they know each other and have probably spent time together socially, but I didn't really get "close personal friends" from that.

As mentioned by the poster Ish was responding to, its not just pictures of them out at same public events. The most recent picture with Justin, her comment is directed at Sophie, missing her at the event. That speaks to more then them simply meeting at events.

Last edited:
How it is possible for her to have goddaughters if she was not baptized nor confirmed?

Last edited:
Last edited:
There are candids with Meghan, Jessica and Sophie. They are clearly friendly with each other and have hung out. That doesn't make them close friends though which I don't think they are but still friends nonetheless.

As for the god parent thing? I'm not baptized but I have 2 "god kids" in the sense that their parents asked me to be. So I am. If anything were to happen to them then I got them. My promise. It's not so official these days or at least where I'm from.

How it is possible for her to have goddaughters if she was not baptized nor confirmed?

In some Churches it's not a requirement. It's not looked at the same way as say Catholics view it.

LaRae

We’re also assuming that she meant actual goddaughters - but the term she used was fairy goddaughters. To me that invokes images of Cinderella and her fairy godmother - nothing religious to it at all.

What do we think the music will be like? Obviously traditional hymns but they do have some leeway. Would they use anything contemporary. Do we know what Meghan likes to listen to in private.

No doubt Charles will be involved. Some are a given. Jerusalem and Guide Me O Thou Great Redeamer

I believe it was Charles who recommended I Was Glad for Kate to walk down the aisle to

A coronation anthem fitting to her marriage to a future king.

I actually watched parts of Edward and Sofie's wedding the other day to try and get a sense of what their wedding will be like. I actually like how more intimate it is. It will surely be much different but the overall feel was nice.

Charles seems to have a great taste in music, considering the music at the Cambridge wedding. I wouldn't turn down his help in selecting pieces :flowers:

I hope they don't go too contemporary. Contemporary music in a formal church service seems off to me. Leave the contemporary music to the evening party IMO.

No doubt Charles will be involved. Some are a given. Jerusalem and Guide Me O Thou Great Redeamer

I believe it was Charles who recommended I Was Glad for Kate to walk down the aisle to

A coronation anthem fitting to her marriage to a future king.

I loved the I was Glad choice. Fitting and a beautiful song.

What do you think of having a Psalm from the Old Testament sung as a solo during the service?

What do you think of having a Psalm from the Old Testament sung as a solo during the service?

There was some surprise when there was no soloist at the Cambridge wedding. We will have to see if Harry will follow the root of his dad and other senior weddings that included a soloist. I don't know about it being a psalm though.

I highly doubt Meghan would, but I hope she doesn't vow to obey like some royal brides have.

I would love to see Guy being in the bridal procession!

Last edited:
The Anthem at the wedding , This is the Day Which the Lord Hath Made, was composed especially for the occasion by John Rutter. It was commissioned by Westminster Abbey as a wedding present for Prince William and Catherine

I wonder will St Georges do something similar for Harry and Meghan

I highly doubt Meghan would, but I hope she doesn't vow to obey like some royal brides have.

I would love to see Guy being in the bridal procession!

A lot of churches, especially older ones, don't allow animals in them.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see some modern touches, I don't see a 'dog ring bearer' or such a modern concept at a senior royal wedding.

The Anthem at the wedding , This is the Day Which the Lord Hath Made, was composed especially for the occasion by John Rutter. It was commissioned by Westminster Abbey as a wedding present for Prince William and Catherine

I am not sure if St George's will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had an unique piece commissioned for them. William and Kate were not the only ones. A fanfare was commissioned for the wedding of Charles and Camilla, by a Welsh composer. It was played when the couple left their blessing. The composer composed music for Charles twice before, for his investiture as prince of wales and on his 16th birthday.

Welsh Composer Writes One-Minute Fanfare for Royal Wedding | Playbill

It can be heard around the 5 minute mark here.

I wonder if The Wedding March will be played when Meghan walks down the aisle? It's common in American weddings (I'm not sure anywhere else) and it would be a nod to her American roots. I also wonder if an American patriotic song will be played along with the UK national anthem. My Country Tis of Thee (also on known as America) has the same melody as God Save the Queen and it could symbolize Meghan's transition from American actress to Princess of the UK.

I wonder if The Wedding March will be played when Meghan walks down the aisle? It's common in American weddings (I'm not sure anywhere else) and it would be a nod to her American roots. I also wonder if an American patriotic song will be played along with the UK national anthem. My Country Tis of Thee (also on known as America) has the same melody as God Save the Queen and it could symbolize Meghan's transition from American actress to Princess of the UK.
The Wedding March is played at UK weddings too I think.

A lot of churches, especially older ones, don't allow animals in them.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see some modern touches, I don't see a 'dog ring bearer' or such a modern concept at a senior royal wedding.

I am not sure if St George's will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had an unique piece commissioned for them. William and Kate were not the only ones. A fanfare was commissioned for the wedding of Charles and Camilla, by a Welsh composer. It was played when the couple left their blessing. The composer composed music for Charles twice before, for his investiture as prince of wales and on his 16th birthday.

Welsh Composer Writes One-Minute Fanfare for Royal Wedding | Playbill

It can be heard around the 5 minute mark here.

A lot of old churches here in the UK do pet blessing services every year. I saw an advertisement for one in an old church in Dulwich recently when I was going past on the bus. I wanted to take our three rats but my husband was working. I have also seen a lot of wedding photos in wedding magazines with dogs at the service. TBH I can see dogs being allowed in more churches than hotels (for civil weddings). I am sure churches often give permission for pets to be part of the ceremony.

It's possible a new piece of music will be composed for playing at the wedding. I was also wondering whether a special fanfare will be composed too - either for the bride's entrance as they did for Sophie or for the bride and groom's departure as they did for Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine's weddings.

It's possible a new piece of music will be composed for playing at the wedding. I was also wondering whether a special fanfare will be composed too - either for the bride's entrance as they did for Sophie or for the bride and groom's departure as they did for Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine's weddings.

My MIL had a fanfare composed for her the first time my SIL got married. She said the composer told her 'I've never heard of a fanfare for the Mother of the Bride before.' Lmao.

'The bridal chorus' also known as 'here comes the bride' is popular in western countries, including the UK as a processional. As a recessional, 'the wedding march' by Mendelsson is a traditional choice by many. Another option is the 'prince of Denmark march' which was used by Diana at her wedding (no surprised it rose in popularity after the wedding). If they choose to go with a traditional wedding entrance march, here comes the bride would likely be a top choice.

I love Purcell's Trumpet Voluntary. Very stirring! I believe it was used at Princess Margaret's wedding.

Trumpet Voluntary by Purcell is also used by some brides.

We're talking the same song. The trumpet voluntary that is wrongly associated with Purcel, is commonly referred to as 'the prince of Denmark march'. It is believed to have possibly been written for Queen Anne's husband George of Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom