Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given the number of bride and groom's godchildren and other friends' children, we are likely to see 4 bridesmaid and 4 page boys like for Pippa's wedding. Ivy Mulroney would definitely be involved, not sure about the Mulroney boys though since there are a lot of other children they'd also consider. Maybe limit it to one per family other than the Cambridge children. Although, Meghan does have two goddaughters as well that falls in the age range. One person we haven't thought of is Rick Hoffman's son. Meghan has said that the two people she's closest to on Suits are Rick Hoffman and Sarah Rafferty. But it also depends on the parents' comfort with the exposure their children will get at a wedding televised around the world.

Side note, Ivy Mulroney is a gorgeous little girl, I'm sure she'll be beautiful as a flower girl.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLMu_sgMHy/?hl=en&taken-by=jessicamulroney

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, the uniforms can look similar and actually be different.

We can not say definitively what's going to happen regarding young attendants in the wedding party, unless you are Meghan's wedding planner. ;) You sure seem to know a lot about Jessica Mulroney's kids I must say! :lol: Anyway, it's fun to speculate.

I was thinking of George and the younger boys who served at Pippa's wedding, when I speculated that Mulroney's two boys being older in May would be a drawback. For weddings in general, a child of any age can be selected according to the bride's wishes. I think the main issue for Meghan's royal wedding is probably more related to number of children and who to choose for uniformity, especially if Charlotte and George will be participating. That's why I figured Jessica's daughter might be chosen, rather than her sons.

From the photos I linked of Princes Harry and William at W/K's wedding, both brothers were wearing white gloves as they entered Westminster Abbey. They removed their gloves while inside during the ceremony.

Based on checking photos, neither William nor Harry were wearing white gloves when they walked back down the aisle to exit Westminster Abbey.

A lot?? I mentioned their age. FYI Ben Mulroney is a celebrity in Canada (not simply as son of our former PM). The ages of his kids are pretty easy to find out. But I guess I will not supply information, less I get accused of being a know it all again :sad:

Why is Pippa's wedding being used as any kind of model? Her wedding wasn't a royal wedding. And as you said, its up to the couple. If anything is going to be used as a model, another royal wedding would be proper.

I agree; I think George is a definite choice for a page boy. Since they were in the bridal party together at Pippa's wedding, I can imagine that Charlotte will be a bridesmaid too. Mia Tindall or Savannah/Isla Phillips would also be sweet choices for little bridesmaids (or there might be someone who has a young daughter from the cast of Suits).

Actually I go the other direction. If either Cambridge child is a definite, it would be Charlotte. She is the right age, and unlike her brother, she seems to be more comfortable with the attention IMO.

Just because Pippa used both, doesn't mean anyone else has to or would. Not saying they both wont be involved. But if we have only 2 page boys, that may factor in.

I think given the number of bride and groom's godchildren and other friends' children, we are likely to see 4 bridesmaid and 4 page boys like for Pippa's wedding. Ivy Mulroney would definitely be involved, not sure about the Mulroney boys though since there are a lot of other children they'd also consider. Maybe limit it to one per family other than the Cambridge children. Although, Meghan does have two goddaughters as well that falls in the age range. One person we haven't thought of is Rick Hoffman's son. Meghan has said that the two people she's closest to on Suits are Rick Hoffman and Sarah Rafferty. But it also depends on the parents' comfort with the exposure their children will get at a wedding televised around the world.

If they are only going to use one per family why would that not apply to the Cambridges as well :ermm:

If Meghan only uses one of her goddaughters, to follow the 'one per family' why would both Cambridges be an exception? For Meghan who doesn't have any young nieces and nephews, her little goddaughters are pretty important to her.

If they are only going to use one per family why would that not apply to the Cambridges as well :ermm:

If Meghan only uses one of her goddaughters, to follow the 'one per family' why would both Cambridges be an exception? For Meghan who doesn't have any young nieces and nephews, her little goddaughters are pretty important to her.

Because it is different when it's the niece and nephew. Her goddaughters are older, so I'm not sure how they would work out if she wanted the children to be similar age. It also depends on other children of their friends and how old they are. They are certainly not lacking choices. Given how close George is to Harry, I don't see him being left out of it.

I've noticed that in American weddings they seem to have a lot more attendants than in British weddings. For example, 8 adult bridesmaids happens in the US, but that would probably be considered too many in a UK wedding.

Btw do we know, did Thomas Markle give Meghan away at her first wedding?

I've noticed that in American weddings they seem to have a lot more attendants than in British weddings. For example, 8 adult bridesmaids happens in the US, but that would probably be considered too many in a UK wedding.

Btw do we know, did Thomas Markle give Meghan away at her first wedding?

A wedding with 8 bridesmaids is considered a lot in US as well. I've seen five, and that's still on the heavier side.

And no, we don't know for sure we have no pictures from the wedding itself. Just a few from reception and the pre celebratory parties.

Because it is different when it's the niece and nephew. Her goddaughters are older, so I'm not sure how they would work out if she wanted the children to be similar age. It also depends on other children of their friends and how old they are. They are certainly not lacking choices. Given how close George is to Harry, I don't see him being left out of it.

Its not different. For a person like Meghan who doesn't have a lot of extended family close, your friends are very much your family. To presume |Harry is any closer to George than Meghan is to her godchildren, is close minded. Blood doesn't define closeness or importance in a life.

Look at Cambridge wedding. The kids were in pairs age wise. There were 2 older bridesmaids (Louise and Marguerita) and 2 younger. So just because her goddaughters are older then Charlotte, doesn't eliminate their use.

Its not different. For a person like Meghan who doesn't have a lot of extended family close, your friends are very much your family. To presume |Harry is any closer to George than Meghan is to her godchildren, is close minded. Blood doesn't define closeness or importance in a life.

Look at Cambridge wedding. The kids were in pairs age wise. There were 2 older bridesmaids (Louise and Marguerita) and 2 younger. So just because her goddaughters are older then Charlotte, doesn't eliminate their use.

It's not closed minded given how the dynamic between William and Harry are. Just like I highly expect William to be standing up there with Harry even though Harry has many friends that he's close to, and may even consider like family. At the end of the day, I do think that William and Harry has a stronger bond due to how they grew up together and went through things that others, no matter how close, can't understand.

And keep in mind, we are talking about two kids from Harry's side. I'm sure Meghan will get a fair share of spots for the attendants from her side. We just don't know how they will divide it up and how the age dynamic will end up being and what overall way they want to do it. It might come down to they have a list of kids they can include, but then have to cut down due to too many available kids. :lol: But either way, I think the Cambridge kids are going to be involved.

No one is disputing how close the brothers are. No one, certainly not me :ermm:

What I said was close minded was to suggest Meghan cant possibly be as close to children because she doesn't share blood with them. I am sorry but that is a very narrow view of the world. As often we find with kids who are only children, Meghan's half siblings were much older, your friends often become your core source of strength outside your parents. They often become family. To suggest Meghan isn't as close to her godchildren, as Harry is to his niece and nephew, is narrow at best.

Yes, we're talking 2 kids. But as Harry has reminded us, he has six godkids. Its not like he doesn't have other kids (family and friends) to choose from either.

:previous: Yes, the uniforms can look similar and actually be different.

We can not say definitively what's going to happen regarding young attendants in the wedding party, unless you are Meghan's wedding planner. ;) You sure seem to know a lot about Jessica Mulroney's kids I must say! :lol: Anyway, it's fun to speculate.

It’s not hard to find out details about the Mulroney children - their father, Ben, is a well known TV personality in Canada who has been in the public eye in one way or another since he was 8, because his father (Brian) was Canada’s Prime Minister for 9 years.

I do think George will be a page boy and that he will probably be paired with Mark Dyer's son Jake who is a little older but not by much, and is Harry's godson. I really really hope though that Meghan has at least two small bridesmaids from her side, as it was noticeable that Kate had none.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a big part of why Kate didn’t have too many attendants from “her” side was owing partially to the fact that at that point (after 10 years together), her friends were also William’s friends, and partially due to a lack of children the right age whose parents were okay with them being that exposed to the media.

Meghan’s in a different position - most of her friends are ones she made outside of her relationship, she has a number of very close friends with young kids, and many of her friends are people who are in the public eye to some degree or another on their own.

No one is disputing how close the brothers are. No one, certainly not me :ermm:

What I said was close minded was to suggest Meghan cant possibly be as close to children because she doesn't share blood with them. I am sorry but that is a very narrow view of the world. As often we find with kids who are only children, Meghan's half siblings were much older, your friends often become your core source of strength outside your parents. They often become family. To suggest Meghan isn't as close to her godchildren, as Harry is to his niece and nephew, is narrow at best.

Yes, we're talking 2 kids. But as Harry has reminded us, he has six godkids. Its not like he doesn't have other kids (family and friends) to choose from either.
Geez, I never said blood means closer. But the family layer is different and thus make the situation different. If they aren’t close, blood won’t make a difference. But given they are close, and thus share additional bond because of the family layer. If family isn’t different, why do we spend holidays with family rather than friends? It is different. Perhaps you should find out what I actually meant before judging and calling me close minded.

ETA: when I say family, I don’t mean just blood. I would say the same for adopted families.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree; I think George is a definite choice for a page boy. Since they were in the bridal party together at Pippa's wedding, I can imagine that Charlotte will be a bridesmaid too. Mia Tindall or Savannah/Isla Phillips would also be sweet choices for little bridesmaids (or there might be someone who has a young daughter from the cast of Suits).

I'm pretty sure Jessica Mulroney's daughter would be chosen over someone's daughter from the cast of Suits. ;)

A lot?? I mentioned their age. FYI Ben Mulroney is a celebrity in Canada (not simply as son of our former PM). The ages of his kids are pretty easy to find out. But I guess I will not supply information, less I get accused of being a know it all again :sad:

Why is Pippa's wedding being used as any kind of model? Her wedding wasn't a royal wedding. And as you said, its up to the couple. If anything is going to be used as a model, another royal wedding would be proper.

Actually I go the other direction. If either Cambridge child is a definite, it would be Charlotte. She is the right age, and unlike her brother, she seems to be more comfortable with the attention IMO.

Just because Pippa used both, doesn't mean anyone else has to or would. Not saying they both wont be involved. But if we have only 2 page boys, that may factor in.

Aha, being Canadian and possibly a fan of Meghan and the Mulroneys would give you some insider info about the Mulroney kids' ages. I didn't even know the boys were twins, as you implied. I have seen Meghan in pictures with Jessica's daughter previously, but this is the first I've seen of Meghan with all three children. So cute.

We are all speculating and having a conversation. On the Internet, quite often tone and intent can be misconstrued. I certainly think knowing the ages of children that young who aren't your own, is knowing a lot! :lol: ;)

None of us have any idea how the wedding party will be formed. We do know that H&M have given us a hint there will be some surprises. Certainly, it's fun speculating. ?

And yes @Ish, I'm not from Canada, so I don't know the Mulroneys at all. I've of course heard of Brian Mulroney, but knew nothing about Ben and Jessica or their children, until I began following Meghan's Instagram, etc. Montreal and Toronto certainly seem like fun cities to visit. And Canadians in general are very cool.

Last edited:
Geez, I never said blood means closer. But the family layer is different and thus make the situation different. If they aren’t close, blood won’t make a difference. But given they are close, and thus share additional bond because of the family layer. If family isn’t different, why do we spend holidays with family rather than friends? It is different. Perhaps you should find out what I actually meant before judging and calling me close minded.

ETA: when I say family, I don’t mean just blood. I would say the same for adopted families.

Again, Narrow view. Not everyone celebrates Christmas with their families. Many celebrate with friends. We have photos on social media of Meghan with her friends on holidays (thanksgiving and Christmas). To many family is not defined by blood (or adoption papers) but by your relationship.

You are making unfounded assumptions that Harry is closer to his niece and nephew then Meghan possibly could be to any kids, based on blood/legal papers.

And just for clarification I didn't say close minded, I said narrow. Meaning looking at the world through a very small lense, of your own life experience. Not realizing that other people define family in a very different tone.

For someone who grew up with no siblings, and who as Harry said recently never had a real family Christmas growing up, family has a different meaning for someone like Meghan.

Aha, being Canadian and possibly a fan of Meghan and the Mulroneys would give you some insider info about the Mulroney kids' ages. I didn't even know the boys were twins, as you implied. I have seen Meghan in pictures with Jessica's daughter previously, but this is the first I've seen of Meghan with all three children. So cute.

We are all speculating and having a conversation. On the Internet, quite often tone and intent can be misconstrued. I certainly think knowing the ages of children that young who aren't your own, is knowing a lot!

None of us have any idea how the wedding party will be formed. We do know that H&M have given us a hint there will be some surprises. Certainly, it's fun speculating.

And yes @Ish, I'm not from Canada, so I don't know the Mulroneys at all. I've of course heard of Brian Mulroney, but knew nothing about Ben and Jessica or their children, until I began following Meghan's Instagram, etc. Montreal and Toronto certainly seem like fun cities to visit. And Canadians in general are very cool.

Now not a know it all but some super fan :lol:

Its called a google search. Type in Ben Mulroney kids, and you will get the information. I know who Ben Mulroney is simply because we used to have Canadian Idol and he hosted it. Besides who his father is.

If everyone who can do a google search is a fan of Meghan, she is very popular ?

My point, because Ben is a well known public figure, information about his wife and kids is not hard to search.

https://www.google.ca/search?source...4.psy-ab..1.13.1125...0j0i131k1.0.KO2GDWvMNVc

Again, Narrow view. Not everyone celebrates Christmas with their families. Many celebrate with friends. We have photos on social media of Meghan with her friends on holidays (thanksgiving and Christmas). To many family is not defined by blood (or adoption papers) but by your relationship.

You are making unfounded assumptions that Harry is closer to his niece and nephew then Meghan possibly could be to any kids, based on blood/legal papers.

And just for clarification I didn't say close minded, I said narrow. Meaning looking at the world through a very small lense, of your own life experience. Not realizing that other people define family in a very different tone.

For someone who grew up with no siblings, and who as Harry said recently never had a real family Christmas growing up, family has a different meaning for someone like Meghan.

You did say close minded in your original comment. And please stop making assumptions about my life as I grew up as an only child and live in a different country than my parents. So trust me, I get some people, like me, spends holidays with other people. However, it’s obviously not in Harry’s case and from what we know, Meghan spent both last thanksgiving and Christmas with family with visits to friends around that time.

And I think it’s wrong to assume Harry meant she didn’t grow up with family. She has her family, her parents whom she obviously love and are closed to. I know she doesn’t see her father as often now that he’s retired, but she does speak with him on the phone and has said both parents are very involved in her life. So let’s not act like Meghan is some poor family-less person growing up or as an adult. Given the entire conversation about Sandringham, Harry was talking about how big his family is.

So given all of it, it’s not far fetched to assume both Charlotte and George would be involved and if anyone would be cut from the list, it’d be one of the other kids. And no, it’s not from my supposed “narrow mind”, it’s from an observation of their situation.

Last edited:
Meghan's close friends almost all have kids. Her "fairy goddaughters" as she calls them. She has at least three. Probably will have another very soon as Jill is giving birth pretty soon

I do think Ivy will be involved. I think she is as much a given as Charlotte and George.

Actually, the first real conundrum for a newly married couple is which side of the family does one spend the actual Christmas Day with. Solved that problem easy. Told his side we were going to my side and told my side we were going to his side. Went to friend's house, had fried chicken and played cards. Of course that was before the grandchildren arrived. Then it was both sides in one day.
:D

Sometimes its the people you are the closest to that are your family. Blood may be thicker than water but love embraces all.

Lol I was thinking like a Brit when I read about spending holidays with family not friends. I assumed holidays as in a week or two on the beach somewhere hot!

Ahhhh... and so there is another difference between both sides of the pond. In the US, holidays are Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July etc. We don't go on holidays but go on vacations or even, sometimes. staycations. :D

What do you think of Meghan's bridal bouquet including Queen Elizabeth Grandiflora, Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee, or Queen Elizabeth II Ruby Anniversary roses? :rose2::rose2::rose2:

Well I wouldn't care ...that's totally up to her. Meghan reportedly loves pansy's (IIRC) ..about the only thing I'm sure of is that she will have a twig of Myrtle which is traditional for brides in the BRF.

LaRae

:previous: Peonies. And people based it on one Instagram post when she was swooning over a bouquet from Harry. They may be her favorite flowers, but we don't know based on one post. I am sure if they were any kind of flower, she would have swooned over them from the man she loves, even if not favorite.

But yes, the myrtle tradition is likely to continue on.

I guess if Meghan wants a pink rose in her bouquet she may choose one of the queen's roses above. But I don't see her going out of her way to choose those specific ones. A rose in itself would be a nice nod to the queen and country.

Well I wouldn't care ...that's totally up to her. Meghan reportedly loves pansy's (IIRC) ..about the only thing I'm sure of is that she will have a twig of Myrtle which is traditional for brides in the BRF.

LaRae

Peonies.

MTSMTSMTS

:previous: Peonies. And people based it on one Instagram post when she was swooning over a bouquet from Harry. They may be her favorite flowers, but we don't know based on one post. I am sure if they were any kind of flower, she would have swooned over them from the man she loves, even if not favorite.

More like six or seven Instagram posts featuring peonies. One cryptically thanked someone else for giving them to her (that's the one we now know must have been a message to Harry early in their dating), but she'd previously posted about how she treated herself every week or so to a bouquet of flowers, and that the workers at the shop where she bought them sometimes set peonies aside for her because they knew they were her favorites.

Ah...yeah, I am not a big flower person, I do like yellow roses but really I prefer other flowers. Still if the DH sends me flowers I love them whatever they are because he took time to send them!

LaRae

Peonies.

MTSMTSMTS

I knew it was a P flower!!!

Ok what is MTSMTSMTS?

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be getting from that reference....

LaRae

I'm pretty sure Jessica Mulroney's daughter would be chosen over someone's daughter from the cast of Suits. ;)

I didn't know how close Meghan and Harry were with the Mulroneys, but it appears that they are quite close with one another. I just thought it would be a nice idea to have a child of one of the Suits actors there.

But yes, the myrtle tradition is likely to continue on.

I guess if Meghan wants a pink rose in her bouquet she may choose one of the queen's roses above. But I don't see her going out of her way to choose those specific ones. A rose in itself would be a nice nod to the queen and country.

They are her favorites. She spoke about it and she has many pictures with them.

I didn't know how close Meghan and Harry were with the Mulroneys, but it appears that they are quite close with one another. I just thought it would be a nice idea to have a child of one of the Suits actors there.

If she did have one it will likely be Sarah's daughter. They are close and she used to post about her daughter a bit. I think the main issue would be if the parents are comfortable with the high level of attention but I think there is a greater chance her goddaughters will be in it more especially Ivy.

Actually, the first real conundrum for a newly married couple is which side of the family does one spend the actual Christmas Day with. Solved that problem easy. Told his side we were going to my side and told my side we were going to his side. Went to friend's house, had fried chicken and played cards. Of course that was before the grandchildren arrived. Then it was both sides in one day.
:D

Sometimes its the people you are the closest to that are your family. Blood may be thicker than water but love embraces all.

:lol::lol::lol:
My husband and I have our family Christmas get togethers and then we get together and open gifts with a large family that we go to church with. We love our family but we actually enjoy our get together with our friends more than the ones with our family.

You girls who get sent flowers by your husbands are lucky. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary next year, and mine has never sent me flowers. Not that I am a real flower person anyway.

I wonder how big Meghan's bouquet will be. Large one seem to have gone out of fashion. Also it could be a teardrop shape or just a hand-tied posy which seems to be more trendy nowadays. (I had a teardrop bouquet when I got married but for our vow renewal I'm having a hand-tied posy, already got it as it's silk flowers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom