Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they have been around children. I personally don't see the issue but I can see some having issue with some basic commoner wrangling kids of noble blood. You know how people get. I mean sheesh there has been debate over something as simple as a rehearsal dinner. Haha.

Pippa was a commoner and no one had an issue with her wrangling Louise and the other kids at her sister's wedding.

Its highly unlikely, other then the Cambridges, that the children will be aristocratic anyways. Harry and Meghan have plenty of godchildren and friends to pick from their kids. Harry's friends don't tend to be titled, upper class gentry yes, but not aristocracy.

This isn't the 19th century when a duke wouldn't want 'lowly commoners' near their child.

Pippa was also her sister. I actually agree with you but I also realize some could have issue with it. I think overall most won't care. I predict Jessica's daughter Isabel will have a role in the wedding alongside Charlotte and George. Also Heather Dorak is another close friend of hers who will likely be around in her close circle offering support that day.

With respect to Meghan's COA, if there is a floral element to it, I would go with a California golden poppy over the American Beauty rose.

I can't wait for that moment. Which wedding was it where the tear was wiped away by the bride? That is what I picture. I remember how Harry saw Kate and told William "Just wait until you see her." I want that moment for Harry. He couldn't even handle hearing the world "husband" so I imagine that moment seeing her will be something out of this world for him.

I believe that wedding where the bride wiped tears from her husband's face was Victoria and Daniel of Sweden. That for me was the most romantic wedding ever, they really showed their deep lasting love for each other that day and have not stopped since.

Harry will have tears for sure as he is the one that gets going when he is happy and in love......so many of his pictures show him really just one of the guys with his feelings.

Previous ..Fred shed tears while waiting for Mary to join him And I think he and Mary had a little cry at Victoria’s wedding

Apparently it's something that the British "just don't do". That's all I got. (Even though I've been reading that more American traditions have been making their way across the Pond.)

They may not even want one. But if they do, I don't see the big deal.

I don't either. I've never met a British person, but I assume that in general, they're reasonable people and not easily offended. So much of things is going to be a one way street for her changing her life, that I would hope that if she did have a rehearsal dinner, that most people would be able to say, "this won't affect her representing the country or being a good royal, so even if it's not typical, we won't be offended by something that is not offensive by any stretch of the imagination."

And, of course, she may not have one. But, if I were her, I'd be scared to move with the theoretical offenses that hypothetical people may have. Maybe I'd send a questionnaire to every citizen detailing every possible decision I might make and ask them if they'd be okay with it.

Or, I'd just run away, screaming.

Also, if people are going to be offended I'd expect it to be for things done at the actual wedding itself.

Last edited:
Possibly Ms Markle could incorporate the 'masks of Comedy and Tragedy' in her Coat of Arms to reflect her career as an actress, as well as something American ?

I CAN’T WAIT to see Harry’s reaction when he sees Meghan in her wedding dress. I think we are going see some misty prince eyes.

Oh yes. That will be a moment to look for too. I bet Harry won't be able NOT to look when she walks down the aisle. He had a peek for Kate too, but for his own wife, he'll surely look.

Well, Harry, if you ever read here (not likely :lol:), here's your manual for what you should do on your wedding day and even before you have seen your bride.
You don't have to think about anything, the groundwork is being laid for you here :D

Seriously though, I want them to just be Harry and Meghan. Not a copy of behavior we've seen elsewhere (Victoria/Daniel, Frederik/Mary). Inspiration great, but that's it.
And I don't think any of us have to worry about that, we've seen as much so far. :flowers:

Is it May 19th yet??? (No Skippy, it's not) ??

Honestly Jessica and Linsday IMO. Yes, Meghan has mentioned support of her niece on social media, but little more. I haven't seen much evidence, other then reporters doing stories, that she is that close to her niece at all. Both Lindsday and Jessica are extremely close friends of hers, basically family.

But they are both married.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried women, and the BRF mostly sticks to tradition, I believe.

But they are both married.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried women, and the BRF mostly sticks to tradition, I believe.

But Maids of Honour are married women and can be attendants at weddings. Brides can have what they like, royal or otherwise.

Possibly Ms Markle could incorporate the 'masks of Comedy and Tragedy' in her Coat of Arms to reflect her career as an actress, as well as something American ?

I like that idea...it could look quite nice too. Not sure on the 'American' symbol...so many she could go with.

LaRae

Oh yes. That will be a moment to look for too. I bet Harry won't be able NOT to look when she walks down the aisle. He had a peek for Kate too, but for his own wife, he'll surely look.

Nah, he won’t. It’s different than when he was William’s supporter, but it’ll take everything in him not to look. He seems to generally look for where Meghan is whenever they are in close proximity. But this is tradition. It’ll probably be the longest few seconds of his life though. :lol:

I like that idea...it could look quite nice too. Not sure on the 'American' symbol...so many she could go with.

LaRae

She might pick something representative of Toronto as well. She seems like to pay homage to her adopted home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know she's technically not Royal but Zara had a matron of honor-her best friend Dolly Maude whose son was the pageboy.
I think it would be fine for Meghan too. And you know, the people that would be upset by that--well their opinions probably don't really matter on something like this.

Last edited:
But Maids of Honour are married women and can be attendants at weddings. Brides can have what they like, royal or otherwise.

I assume that you mean Matrons of Honor, then?

Nah, he won’t. It’s different than when he was William’s supporter, but it’ll take everything in him not to look. He seems to generally look for where Meghan is whenever they are in close proximity. But this is tradition. It’ll probably be the longest few seconds of his life though. :lol:

I agree, it will probably feel like five ages instead of five minutes (just picking a random number of minutes that it will take for Meghan to reach Harry at the altar).

I just realized that this is a difference between British royal weddings and the weddings I'm used to attending. At the ones I'm used to, the groom stands at the altar facing the congregation and watches his bride approach him every step of the way. Harry did have to peek at Kate.

Yeah that is very different.. Here in America the groom watches his bride walk down the aisle. I don't know how the grooms handle the first moment seeing her being when turns around but I guess that is another special moment. Ready for it!

I do think that when that moment comes, they could turn down all the lights to really, really dim and Harry's eyes and his smile will light the room as he first sees his Meghan. I think this moment will be the biggie for me watching the wedding.

I think I read somewhere that British grooms not facing the bride was optional, so Harry could watch Meghan walk down the aisle if he wanted? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D

I know Meghan and Jessica are close but I can't really see Jessica in the matron of honor role. Lindsay seems more likely to me but I wouldn't be shocked if Meghan has no adult bridesmaids.

they could turn down all the lights to really, really dim

Sweet idea, but not possible.. St Georges is FLOODED with natural light, regardless of artificial sources.

Here is video from Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding as they depart St. George's Chapel for a ride through Windsor.

It might give us a suggestion as to what Harry and Meghan will do after their ceremony.

So there were two carriages. I suppose bridesmaids and family were in the second one. I couldn't see, was it Charles as well?

I think I read somewhere that British grooms not facing the bride was optional, so Harry could watch Meghan walk down the aisle if he wanted? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D

I know Meghan and Jessica are close but I can't really see Jessica in the matron of honor role. Lindsay seems more likely to me but I wouldn't be shocked if Meghan has no adult bridesmaids.

Meghan was Lindsay's MOH so you probably right. I know she is in the final stages of her pregnancy so she will have some time to recover by then. That is if she even has one but I would imagine she would like that.

So there were two carriages. I suppose bridesmaids and family were in the second one. I couldn't see, was it Charles as well?
Curryong-While watching the video I believe that I saw Charles and Andrew in the carriage with the young attendants. I didn't see any other family in landaus or carriages for the procession through Windsor. The Queen and DoE returned to the Castle but didn't follow the couple or the attendants including Charles and Andrew. (I'm sure that was his bald spot and he was wearing light grey that day.);)

Here is a second video that shows them in the streets around Windsor. Start at minute 22:00.

Last edited:

Actually it really isn't tradition for the groom not to watch his bride walk down the aisle. At least not one the royals stick to. I heard William and Kate really wanted to do it that way because she didn't want him to see her until she got to the alter, and he didn't really want everyone seeing him react to her walking down the aisle. But other royal grooms absolutely have watched their brides walk down the aisle. Edward did when he married Sophie. Andrew did when he married Sarah. I believe Prince Charles did when he married Diana. Just knowing what we do of Harry, I can't imagine he won't want to as well.

No matter what he decides, I bet his eyes glisten. I just think they will.

Could Meghan's mother and father both walk their daughter down the aisle?

The downside of Harry facing the congregation is that we might not get to see the first moment he sees her in his wedding dress as I'm sure the camera would be focused on her as she walks the down the aisle. But I want to see that first moment dammit! :lol:

Could Meghan's mother and father both walk their daughter down the aisle?

That's an interesting thought. Harry did ask for both of their permission.

I would really love to see that happen. Then when the celebrant asks "Who gives this woman in marriage", Tom and Doria say "We do". Its a possibility as we know that her parents have quite an amicable divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom