Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know when things are really and truly in full swing when we start to see "Harry and Meghan" memorabilia being offered in commercials as we watch our favorite US channels and favorite shows.

Right now we're being inundated with Christmas advertising (that I will be very happy to see go away) but come January, "get a piece of the royal wedding" ads will probably start making their appearances and remain until May.

I'd bet my last Christmas cookie on it. :D

We'll know when things are really and truly in full swing when we start to see "Harry and Meghan" memorabilia being offered in commercials as we watch our favorite US channels and favorite shows.

Right now we're being inundated with Christmas advertising (that I will be very happy to see go away) but come January, "get a piece of the royal wedding" ads will probably start making their appearances and remain until May.

I'd bet my last Christmas cookie on it. :D

Do they really do that in the US? They don't here. No Wills & Kate souvenirs advertised on TV here. There were special collector's booklets for sale with the pictures, and other items like mugs for sale in the London souvenir shops, and I'm sure at the royal palaces, but nothing advertised on TV.

If I'm remembering right, the one ad that did stand out for me that coincided with Will and Kate's wedding was an advertisement to get a replica of Kate/Diana's engagement ring.

This one is bound to remain a classic. Starring all your favorite members of the British Royal Family. Here is William and Kate's royal wedding in a T-Mobile ad

:previous: Yes on QVC they were selling a replica of the ring. Home shopping networks I wouldn't really consider advertising, I see that more as commercials and such on proper tv channels. Not a channel where celebrities try and hawk things for money.

But yes I remember the T-Mobile commercial after the wedding :D

The Meghan and Harry commemorative stuff hit the stores within like a day of the announcement. I remember seeing majesty magazine advertising it.

Yeps. While looking to find this "one of a kind" wedding memorabilia for Will and Kate's wedding, I noticed that there's a great bit of memorabilia now available celebrating Harry and Meghan's engagement. Who can forget this little tidbit? Obviously, those that work at the Chinese company that made these mugs don't know the British Royal Family very well. :D

Kate Middleton 'marries Prince Harry' on souvenir mug - Telegraph

FWIW: The T-Mobile ad aired before the royal wedding. They were guessing on the uniform that William would wear. They got Harry's right though. It was posted to YouTube on April 17th.

Last edited:
That video is so funny!

LaRae

I've watched that video three times again today and I'm still chuckling.

It just shows that the American interest in a primarily all British royal wedding in 2011 was very much of interest to the general public here and some people actually capitalized on it to rake in the green dollars. This is why I can almost guarantee that it will be even more prominent with Harry and Meghan's wedding as Meghan is a born, bred and buttered American. :D

Americans have always been fascinated by the BRF and now that we have one joining it the interest will be through the roof.

May 26 would not have been good because that is Memorial Day weekend in the US. Memorial Day is not just barbeques and the start of the summer season, it's honoring America's war dead. It would not have gone over well in certain quarters in the US, and there was the danger of having the wedding politicized.

I hate to p[ut it like this, but the BRF could not particularly care about Memorial Day in the US when choosing a wedding day

Americans have always been fascinated by the BRF and now that we have one joining it the interest will be through the roof.

Yes...strong ties (good and bad) with the U.K. and there always will be.

LaRae

QVC or HSN had replicas of Kate's wedding earrings as well. Then there are dolls and plates. I imagine we'll see some of those for Harry and Meghan.

I didn't think throwing rice had ever been a tradition much in the UK. It has always been confetti that is thrown. Nowadays some venues don't allow it, but I imagine biodegradable confetti or confetti made of rice paper would be allowed.

I like the idea of confetti made of rice paper being used at the wedding.

Yes, I still see doll and engagement ring ads

The Mirror is suggesting that William is cutting out early from the wedding so he can attend the FA Final. I know William is president of the organization, but to miss any part of Harry's wedding to give out a trophy is just wrong. They could find someone else to give the prize; or William can pre-record a message wishing both teams good luck.

Harry and Meghan must be working hard behind the scenes on their wedding plans. They’ve managed to keep the lowest of lowest profiles since their engagement.

I think we all can pretty much agree that this couple isn't a party hardy kind of engaged couple out enjoying the night life in the city. I kind of like the idea that this couple are a couple of homebodies that don't seem to need outside stimulation to enhance their relationship.

The Mirror is suggesting that William is cutting out early from the wedding so he can attend the FA Final. I know William is president of the organization, but to miss any part of Harry's wedding to give out a trophy is just wrong. They could find someone else to give the prize; or William can pre-record a message wishing both teams good luck.

Why would anyone believe what the media says or suggest unless William actually told them that is what he was planning to do? To even think that William would cut short his brother's wedding to hand out an award.....? I seriously doubt this has even crossed William's mind....football vs his brother's wedding......:lol:

Methinks its the Daily Mirror having to print at least something about this supposed conflict of interest that has arisen with the wedding and the FA finals being on the same day. Its all a tempest in a teacup. :D

Meghan has not been seen since the outing on Dec 1st and Harry's only been seen doing official engagements and I think one shot of him leaving the gym.

They are masters at keeping a low profile. Kudos to them!

Osipi I think that they are willing/able to do that speaks to their relationship and bodes very well for their future.

LaRae

Harry and Meghan must be working hard behind the scenes on their wedding plans. They’ve managed to keep the lowest of lowest profiles since their engagement.

I think we also forget that Meghan just moved to a new country. I think they are likely keeping low as she adjusts to things especially with these high profile family gathering starting this week. I am sure she a nervous wreck.

Also they have managed to stay hidden most their relationship. They value their privacy.

Why would anyone believe what the media says or suggest unless William actually told them that is what he was planning to do? To even think that William would cut short his brother's wedding to hand out an award.....? I seriously doubt this has even crossed William's mind....football vs his brother's wedding......:lol:

Either gullible or trying to stir the pot.

Methinks its the Daily Mirror having to print at least something about this supposed conflict of interest that has arisen with the wedding and the FA finals being on the same day. Its all a tempest in a teacup. :D

It seems like that, yes.

Last edited:
William isn't even needed for the whole game. Just to hand out the award. He can easily do that if he wants to. I highly doubt he and Kate were going to party into the wee hours of the night anyways. He can do all of his best man stuff and make his speech at the evening party and then take a chopper over to the game and hand out this award that's so important to everyone apparently.

They've pretty much kept the lowest of lowest profile for their whole relationship. We didn't know they saw each other at least every two weeks, and we certainly didn't know they ran off to Africa together in 2016.

William isn't even needed for the whole game. Just to hand out the award. He can easily do that if he wants to. I highly doubt he and Kate were going to party into the wee hours of the night anyways. He can do all of his best man stuff and make his speech at the evening party and then take a chopper over to the game and hand out this award that's so important to everyone apparently.

Oh I can just see the Daily Fail headlines with this scenario. "William Uses TAXPAYER Funds to Helicopter to FA Final Game Leaving Kate Home With The Kids and DITCHING his Brother on His Wedding Day!!". big, BIG letters taking up the entire front page even.

My guess is that he'll prerecord the speech of congratulations ahead of time, enjoy all the events of the wedding and retire with Kate and his children at a reasonable hour. Baby #3 will still be a newborn and require Mama around quite a bit. :D

Yeah I agree that Kate and William wouldn't have stayed into wee hours regardless. The would have 3 children under the age of 5. They will be plenty busy.

I don't expect William will be at the FA Cup. I don't think anyone expects him too either.

What a busy day that will be though.

Oh I can just see the Daily Fail headlines with this scenario. "William Uses TAXPAYER Funds to Helicopter to FA Final Game Leaving Kate Home With The Kids and DITCHING his Brother on His Wedding Day!!". big, BIG letters taking up the entire front page even.

My guess is that he'll prerecord the speech of congratulations ahead of time, enjoy all the events of the wedding and retire with Kate and his children at a reasonable hour. Baby #3 will still be a newborn and require Mama around quite a bit. :D

I'm just saying with all this dramatic uproar, that's an option. They do take helicopter for engagements at times. People will always find reasons to nitpick at things.

So very true. Its the reason why the Queen pays out of the Sovereign Grant to lease these helicopters that the royals use. That's their purpose. It *is* possible that is what William would do but IMO, I don't think its probable. :D

Meghan has not been seen since the outing on Dec 1st and Harry's only been seen doing official engagements and I think one shot of him leaving the gym.

They are masters at keeping a low profile. Kudos to them!

Osipi I think that they are willing/able to do that speaks to their relationship and bodes very well for their future.

LaRae

She's got a lot of work to do... guest lists, her gown, a rehearsal dinner gown/dress, a reception gown, shoes, accessories, florals for the wedding, royal lessons, protocol lessons, prep for her and Harry's tour of the UK, seeing family and friends in the US/Toronto before she becomes royal... it's a good thing she's already having her stuff moved for her...

Plus it's the holidays too.

It's in my nature to be a planner, so I would be freaking out right about now if I was Meghan. I consider 6 months to be almost no time at all to plan something this huge.

I actually just hyperventilated on Meghan's behalf.

Yes - she's got help, etc., but still - it's stressful. Plus she's moving at the same time, learning a whole new country... wow.

She *does* have a lot on her plate right now after seeing you list what is probably the majority of them. One thing I think is probably true too is that with staying in with Harry at Nott Cott and being a "foodie", both of them have very tasty and nutritious full plates to keep them hale and hearty and healthy throughout these hectic times.

I kind to like to think too that Meghan is enjoying every minute of it and has hit the ground running getting all those ducks in a row and relaxing with Harry over a glass of wine at night going over, together, all the plans and how they're shaping up. It might be a stressful time, to be sure, but I'd like to think its a pleasant kind of stressful and more of an adventure.

Then again, I'm the most disorganized person I know and planning with a mess of lists of "to do" things and I never saw eye to eye much. :lol:

Given all the stress from moving to a new country and stress from the media, I'm surprised at how calm and grounded she seems to be. I would be a total mess. Harry also seems to be alot calmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom