Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was always going to be a Saturday due to no bank holiday, and it can't be the Saturday after either as the troops that will participate in the wedding will be rehearsing for Trooping.

Phil Dampier is not a fan of the couple and truth be told Harry is not a football fan.

Here's my idea....the FA Cup final is in the evening right? Well, have the wedding and reception in the morning/early afternoon. Then Prince William can get to the soccer event in the evening.

Same day as the FA Cup final.
This is tricky cos William is president of the FA and is always present at the FA Cup final to give the medals and trophy to the winning team.

So we probably wouldn't see William in FA cup? or he can rush to Wembley immediately after the wedding with his uniform, I am totally okay with it:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Haha! I’ll have to watch it on my iPhone in my hotel.

I’m glad they’ve chosen a Saturday, it’ll give as many people a chance as possible to watch.

It works out well for me...London is 6 hours ahead of me...so if they have the wedding at 10/11 London time I'll just be up to watch!

No TV at the hotel?

LaRae

I’ll only be two hours in front in Austria but Austrian hotel TVs tend to only carry the BBC World Service. But perhaps it’ll be shown on a TV station I can pick up there.

Prince William can carry a change of clothes to Windsor.
Another thing is....whilst the media shifts its attention to the FA cup in the evening, Harry and Meghan can sneak off to their honeymoon.

I had to giggle at myself thinking that waiting for all the news is similar to playing a game of Clue. We now have Harry and Meghan at St. George's Chapel in Windsor on May, 19, 2018.

Lots of other pieces of the mystery yet to unfold before we have the total picture. :lol:

Now we just need a time....

LaRae

I’ll only be two hours in front in Austria but Austrian hotel TVs tend to only carry the BBC World Service. But perhaps it’ll be shown on a TV station I can pick up there.

Too cool...my son and his wife (living in Germany) are planning a trip to Vienna in the Spring (whatever Spring is for Austria). My husband's paternal family hail from Austria and there are still a number of folks related one way or another living in Austria.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Too cool...my son and his wife (living in Germany) are planning a trip to Vienna in the Spring (whatever Spring is for Austria). My husband's paternal family hail from Austria and there are still a number of folks related one way or another living in Austria.

LaRae

I always take my summer holidays in Austria. It’s a beautiful country with so much history and the mountains are beautiful and perfect for hiking. Maybe I should write and suggest it as a honeymoon destination for our new Duke and Duchess? [emoji5]

I know that there’s a German TV station that always live streams royal events from around the world so maybe I can get it on there. I have a feeling this one will get a fair amount of international attention. Harry seems very well known in other countries and he’s travelled quite a lot - more so than his brother in some ways. I’m expecting huge viewing figures, especially given the American link.

The same day as the FA Cup Finals. Welp. I don't care but I see people are already really upset about this for a whole slew of reason. Also William is the president. So there is also that. Curious how they will time it all out. I wonder is the match will be in the evening.

That evening, as the FA Cup is being televised, I wouldn't be surprised at a massive party being held in the Castle, long after the reception is done and dusted, and one that may go one till the early hours.

And William can miss handing out the medals one year and let someone else do it. His brother's getting married. That's a good enough reason.

Last edited:
The match usually doesn’t start until 17.30 so he’s got plenty of time to attend but I’m sure it doesn’t really matter if he misses it one year for such an important family occasion. Nobody could really expect him to skip his brother’s wedding and the celebrations afterwards for a football match.

Phil Dampier said “You never schedule a wedding the same day as the FA Cup final, every bloke knows that”

Yes, it was an "interesting" choice. If I were the police I'd be pissed. Now they have to manage security for two major events on the same day. Spreading their resources and manpower thin.

I could be wrong but I fully expect William to attend the FA final and pass out the trophy like usual. He has shown in the past that his previous commitments come before a later announced family event, think Peter's wedding. He could still attend the wedding and the early afternoon reception, but skip the evening party. I think that's what he'll do.

The Fail commenters moan about everything as is well known, and they know, or should, that the wedding will be on during the early afternoon, with millions watching all over the world who don't give a damn about soccer. Nor do those whose teams aren't playing, so they'll just have to get over themselves.

Peter isn't William's brother and the two siblings are close. It would mean a lot of travelling back and forth and as has been said William has an excellent reason to miss for once.
As for the police the two events aren't on at the same time. I'm sure they and the security forces have been consulted and have OKd it. If they hadn't then another day would have been chosen.

Last edited:
I always take my summer holidays in Austria. It’s a beautiful country with so much history and the mountains are beautiful and perfect for hiking. Maybe I should write and suggest it as a honeymoon destination for our new Duke and Duchess? [emoji5]

I know that there’s a German TV station that always live streams royal events from around the world so maybe I can get it on there. I have a feeling this one will get a fair amount of international attention. Harry seems very well known in other countries and he’s travelled quite a lot - more so than his brother in some ways. I’m expecting huge viewing figures, especially given the American link.

I'd love to go at some point. We are planning a trip to Germany in 2019 or 2020 after the DH retires. I think we are going to try and stay for a month so hoping to pop over to at least another country or two during that time.

My inlaws got to to to Vienna back in the 80's and met up with some of the family there. So that was neat for them.

LaRae

William will be Harry's supporter, so he's hardly going to rush off to the FA Cup...

Peter isn't William's brother and the two siblings are close....he has an excellent reason to miss.

What does close have to do with it? QE and Philip didn't go to Willam's evening party and there's a 99% chance they won't go to Harry's either. Does that mean they aren't close to their grandsons? Of course not. William missing the evening party too, wouldn't be a big deal. It's for work. Work that Harry was well aware of when he set the date. He wouldn't be missing the wedding or the reception. He'd only be missing the evening party, which is just basically booze, dancing and bacon butty.

Just about every date in the calendar is significant in some way in the history of the BRF. And exactly what percentage of the population know or care about the death of a Tudor Queen? 1%? I'd be surprised if it's that high!

I think William can care less on being at the game on his brother’s wedding day. Other officials will do the honors in handing out the trophy.

May 19th will be a day of major celebration in the UK, Commonwealth and even here in the US.

Last edited:
DETEST Football myself, so anything that usurps it is fine 'in my book'...

I think William can care less on being at the game on his brother’s wedding day. Other officials will do the honors in handing out the trophy.

May 19th will be a day of major celebration in the UK, Commonwealth and even here in the US.

Highly significant in Ontario; that is Victoria Day weekend when cottages are traditionally opened up and fireworks are set off to celebrate the birthday of Canada's first Queen! The date could mean a large contingent of Meghan's Toronto friends can come for the weekend and fly back Monday without missing work:canflag:

Was said to have done? What was it? :huh: That's a big assumption (that Harry and she are not chummy) based upon a 'was said to have had'. JMO.

Quite true, an assumption. It looked to be something from Cressida's Twitter account, but such accounts can be hacked. We shall see in any case, whether Chelsy and Cressie are both invited to the wedding and available to attend on the scheduled date of May 19. Or if invited whether either or both will simply decide to attend the more private reception at Windsor Castle instead. The latter would seem more likely since both are known to dislike media attention.

I had to giggle at myself thinking that waiting for all the news is similar to playing a game of Clue. We now have Harry and Meghan at St. George's Chapel in Windsor on May, 19, 2018.

Lots of other pieces of the mystery yet to unfold before we have the total picture. :lol:

Ah, hopefully the next step will be some official engagement pics, and some casual pics with Guy. ?

Last edited:
That May 19th incorporates Victoria Day in Ontario may well be significant mightn't it? It would, as Gerry said, allow Meghan's friends from Suits to be guests. Perhaps that's why this date was chosen.

Personally, I think it'd take wild horses to drag William away from anything to do with his brother's wedding and arrangements have already been made with the FA for someone to take his place at the finals.

Maybe not wild horses, but one thing that may take him away from the wedding celebrations would be to tuck his three children into bed for the night. They all will most likely be staying close by in Windsor. :D

A wedding is time for family and friends and we do know that William will put his family first over "work" always.

It’s a little different when William’s brother is getting married than his cousin. And missing an entire Kenya trip is also different than missing one game. I’m sure the footballers and fans would understand. :lol

There is no way William is going to leave his brother wedding celebrations and go give an award. The FA organization has already extended their Congrats to Harry/Meghan and made a positive statement about the wedding being on the same day.

LaRae

Just because William wouldn't be there to hand out the winning trophy, I would imagine that he will not forget. My bets are on that William will host a reception for the winning team at a later date at KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom