Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ever when I came on here and got a huge laugh ? that had me in stitches this was it.......... for I certainly hope that all invited are secure within themselves that no one has to show up trying to out do the bride and groom while making the wedding about what they wore like some have done in the past.....:ermm:

And you have me laughing! I shudder at the thought.

I really doubt Sarah Ferguson will be invited. She wasn’t at Edward’s or Charles’ second wedding and she hasn’t been invited to any of the big celebrations (Jubilee etc.) as far as I’m aware, so I can’t see her at Harry’s wedding. I’m more than happy to be surprised.

I also think Chelsey will get an invite but probably not Cressida. Lots of people have ex partners at their wedding as some remain friends.

Me either...in fact unless the ex is a personal friend with BOTH parties (bride/groom) I wouldn't understand why they'd get an invite.

LaRae

Because they might be close friends of ONE of the parties and they want them there? ?

Because they might be close friends of ONE of the parties and they want them there? ?

There's 0 evidence of that being the case.

LaRae

I also think Chelsey will get an invite but probably not Cressida. Lots of people have ex partners at their wedding as some remain friends.

Why not Cressida? Of the two women we usually see Cressida having more to do with Harry than Chelsey (I think). But if both women are friends of Harry, why not? Jeepers, William and Kate had their ex-es at their wedding. I doubt that Kate's ex was a personal friend of William's. :huh:

Last edited:
There's 0 evidence of that being the case.

LaRae

I was only referencing to your post saying that they need to be friends with BOTH parties to come to the wedding, not that either of them will be invited or that Harry is friends with any of them.

But seeing as you don't want them there, clearly they won't be invited!

Its not necessarily true that someone needs to be friends with both bride and groom in order to be invited to a wedding. There are going to be plenty of people attending that are solely Harry's friends and some that are solely Meghan's friends.

Whether or not either Chelsy or Cressida end up on any invitation list is solely up to Harry himself after consulting Meghan about how she'd feel about it. For all we know, Meghan still has quite a friendly relationship with some of her exes and will invite them too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not either Chelsy or Cressida end up on any invitation list is solely up to Harry himself after consulting Meghan about how she'd feel about it. For all we know, Meghan still has quite a friendly relationship with some of her exes and will invite them too. ;)

It will be interesting to see if Meghan invites her ex-husband. ;) Of course, all of these people we are discussing could be invited but decide not to attend. We will never know unless it's declared, and why would it be declared?

We all know, right, that Meghan used to work (years ago) as a calligrapher? She could draw the design!

LaRae

Meghan could do a wonderful job drawing the design. Calligraphy is very detailed and sometimes complicated with its artistic scrolls.
Would it offend people if Chelsey and Cressida only got invited to the reception?

Personally, I don't think it matters if people get offended or not. Its Harry and Meghan's day and its their celebration to have however they want it to be and with whomever they want to share it with. :D

I've removed posts speculating about how Chelsy and Cressida feel about Meghan. Please remember that whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information from reputable sources and not fanciful types of gossip, or speculation.

Also, it's fine to discuss whether past girlfriends will attend the wedding, but let's not use this thread to rehash Harry's past relationships.

We British women like fascinators. We aren't going to ban them just because Americans don't like them. It's a British wedding.

The Phillipa Lapley dresses are stunning! I love the one with the cape. A lovely modern look, but maybe too wintery for a spring wedding.

I do hope we get a decent train. I felt Kate's train was too short and the "setting" of WA swamped her, but Sarah and Diana's were way too long.

The couple will marry on May 19th:
@KensingtonRoyal:His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle will marry on 19th May 2018.

Today's announcement follows earlier confirmation of the month of the wedding and its location at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle. https://t.co/7pgdRM90Na

It will be a Saturday wedding.

Last edited:
Breaking:

His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle will marry on 19th May 2018.

Today's announcement follows earlier confirmation of the month of the wedding and its location at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.

So they are getting married on a Saturday ! :flowers:

One day before my civil wedding anniversary. I am more than happy.

Hooray!!! We got a date Saturday the 19th of May 2018 it is! Take that royal experts who said they can't marry on a Saturday.

I knew it would be on Saturday - during the weekend, so no reason for Bank Holiday.

I’m away on holiday on that day. Do you think they can put it back a week? [emoji6]

What is a FA Cup Final?

So cool...the DH and I married on the 15th of May almost 30 years ago!

LaRae

I’m away on holiday on that day. Do you think they can put it back a week? [emoji6]

Sure..just ring them up and request...:D

Sure..just ring them up and request...:D

Haha! I’ll have to watch it on my iPhone in my hotel.

I’m glad they’ve chosen a Saturday, it’ll give as many people a chance as possible to watch.

Let's hope Arsenal is not in the final. And for my sake Manchester United.

A domestic English football (soccer) competition .

This is really good news. We must just hope now for good weather. I was wondering when they would announce the date. It seemed to be for ever before they did.

I had to giggle at myself thinking that waiting for all the news is similar to playing a game of Clue. We now have Harry and Meghan at St. George's Chapel in Windsor on May, 19, 2018.

Lots of other pieces of the mystery yet to unfold before we have the total picture. :lol:

This is tricky cos William is president of the FA and is always present at the FA Cup final to give the medals and trophy to the winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom