Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An EMBOSSED plain white 'stiffy' [as invitations are properly nicknamed here] generally 6ins x3ins with simple legible script [in black], and [most likely] the Queens Cipher in gold upon it. Without other images.. no Bells, no Ribbons or anything else.
Generally the Brides parents send out the invitations in their name, since [traditionally] it is they that cough up, but obviously not in this instance. I imagine it will say-

'The Lord Chamberlain is commanded by the Queen to invite .... etc, etc...'

Yes, well if they follow the tradition of the past. Here is Will and Kate's

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...400px-Invitation_to_the_Cambridge_wedding.jpg

Do you think the wedding cake will have a lot of flower designs on it?

If they follow suit of the cakes that came before them, Yes. But having flowers on your cake is quite common. I'd be shocked, even if they went with a less ornate cake, if there weren't at least flowers on the top.

Sophie and Edward's wedding had 8,000 "regular" people invited to line the path of the procession. The KP announcement on the location stated H and M were keen to have the public involved. Now, even though this wedding is smaller than William and Kate's, but maybe slightly bigger than Edward's? Edward's was small on the assumption he would not be a working royal is my understanding.

SO, any speculation on whether they will completely open Windsor for the public, or will they do smaller random invites like Edward? Windsor is cramped, but at the same time the atmosphere would IMO improved by larger crowds.

Also, this has never been done before to my knowledge, but maybe a wedding walkabout? Another way to get the public involved outside of simply televising it.

Just some crazy thoughts lol.

I don't see a royal walk about at a wedding. This is a wedding not an engagement. People will be as involved in it as the Cambridge, if they watched it for twenty seconds when a carriage passes, or on a television screen.

There is an option to make a larger route to the church for the trip to and from the ceremony. It is quite possible that they will enlarge the route. Allowing more people to be along the route, even if not outside the chapel itself.

Fruitcake is not a thing here. The only person I know that actually will eat it is my husband and needless to say I don't make it or buy it so he doesn't eat it much at all if ever.

Something I do see now and then are rum cakes. My mom, who didn't allow alcohol in the house when I was a kid, kept a bottle of rum up in the cabinet that she used once a year to make the rum cake at Christmas.

LaRae

An EMBOSSED plain white 'stiffy' [as invitations are properly nicknamed here] generally 6ins x3ins with simple legible script [in black], and [most likely] the Queens Cipher in gold upon it. Without other images.. no Bells, no Ribbons or anything else.
Generally the Brides parents send out the invitations in their name, since [traditionally] it is they that cough up, but obviously not in this instance. I imagine it will say-

'The Lord Chamberlain is commanded by the Queen to invite .... etc, etc...'

Wyevale, forgive me for trotting in here with a monkey wrench, but a 6-inch by 3-inch measurement seems off. I think you may have been thinking of a larger format for the invitations.

MY take on involving the public would be

1. Ballot for c. 6-8000 inside the castle walls lining the route to church etc - similar to what happens for the Garter Ceremony. IT might be further limited due to more people attending the wedding than the Garter Ceremony.

2. Procession out from the castle, turn right past Guildhall and main street to PArk street and into Windsor Great PArk (lots of room for spectators andfor big screens) and then ride back to the Castle via Long Walk.

letting the public view in WGP would be terrific. They would come back to this entrance
https://d9y2r2msyxru0.cloudfront.ne...el/public/wc_spring_2015_v4.jpg?itok=gYFMlZs7

Last edited:
That would be a gorgeous drive down that long entrance to the castle...would people be allowed to stand on the sides or is that off limits to the public?

LaRae

That would be a gorgeous drive down that long entrance to the castle...would people be allowed to stand on the sides or is that off limits to the public?

LaRae

The drive is part of Windsor great park which is open to the public. There would be needed security if doing the royal procession, but it would be open normally to the public.

Ok so they'd just have a cordoned area up and security along the drive...cool.

LaRae

MY take on involving the public would be

1. Ballot for c. 6-8000 inside the castle walls lining the route to church etc - similar to what happens for the Garter Ceremony. IT might be further limited due to more people attending the wedding than the Garter Ceremony.

2. Procession out from the castle, turn right past Guildhall and main street to PArk street and into Windsor Great PArk (lots of room for spectators andfor big screens) and then ride back to the Castle via Long Walk.

letting the public view in WGP would be terrific. They would come back to this entrance
https://d9y2r2msyxru0.cloudfront.ne...el/public/wc_spring_2015_v4.jpg?itok=gYFMlZs7

Gosh Cepe, that is the most beautiful picture of Windsor I have ever seen, just majestic and stunning. What a place to have the wedding! ?

In regard to Chelsy and Cressida being invited to the wedding, possibly. However, Cressida was said to have tweeted something questionable, so I'm not so sure she's still chummy with Harry. I think Cressida is still friendly with Eugenie, but that's beside the point. Chelsy is likely very busy with her own life and Harry's wedding may not be high on her list of priorities. Chelsy and Harry though were a lot closer seemingly than Cressida and Harry.

Of course Chelsy and Cressida being invited and willing to attend is possible. However, since both ladies were uncomfortable with the public scrutiny and pap overload that came with dating Harry, I wouldn't think showing up at Harry's wedding is something they're eagerly contemplating. Perhaps either or both (especially Chelsy) may attend the more private reception instead.

Speaking of wedding invitations, here are samples of Kate/William's:

https://media.brides.com/photos/580...tations-large-royal-wedding-invitation-08.jpg

http://goeswedding.com/photos/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-Wedding-Invitations.jpg

https://www.elegantweddinginvites.c...kate-middleton-wedding-invitation-300x169.jpg

https://media.brides.com/photos/580...dding-invitations-custom-william-kate-006.jpg

Wedding menu which someone put up for auction:
https://us.hellomagazine.com/imagen...-middleton-wedding-menu/0-121-793/menu--z.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/141208121204-royal-family-auction-1024x576.jpg Guest Souvenir

Charles & Diana formal wedding announcements:
https://driwancybermuseum.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/invitation-of-royal-prince-william-wedding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S
SO, any speculation on whether they will completely open Windsor for the public, or will they do smaller random invites like Edward? Windsor is cramped, but at the same time the atmosphere would IMO improved by larger crowds.

Also, this has never been done before to my knowledge, but maybe a wedding walkabout? Another way to get the public involved outside of simply televising it.

Just some crazy thoughts lol.
certainly can't see this happening. It would be a security risk, and its a wedding, not a public engagement.

In regard to Chelsy and Cressida being invited to the wedding, possibly. However, Cressida was said to have tweeted something questionable, so I'm not so sure she's still chummy with Harry. I think Cressida is still friendly with Eugenie, but that's beside the point. Chelsy is likely very busy with her own life and Harry's wedding may not be high on her list of priorities. Chelsy and Harry though were a lot closer seemingly than Cressida and Harry.

Was said to have done? What was it? :huh: That's a big assumption (that Harry and she are not chummy) based upon a 'was said to have had'. JMO.

Was said to have done? What was it? :huh: That's a big assumption (that Harry and she are not chummy) based upon a 'was said to have had'. JMO.

The media published it. I didn't see it in any way as a dig. But of course, some in the media tried to create some drama with it. It didn't gain much traction.

Could the wedding cake have fancy initials of H and M done in calligraphy capital letters with several loops on it?

fancy initials of H and M done in calligraphy capital letters with several loops on it?

Yes, it could, but that level of precision and artistry is [afaik] impossible to achieve with Fondant Icing or Buttercream [so beloved by some here]...Royal icing however has the correct consistency, and [crucially] it hardens thus keeping the forms crisp and lisable.

Yeah, I doubt there's bad blood between Harry and Cressida. Even after they broke-up she was invited to his birthday party, Chelsy wasn't there. He also supported Cressida's plays post-break-up while he didn't attend Chelsy's big gala. I would say Harry and Cressida are firm friends, a role that likely suits them better than bf/gf ever did.

I believe Cressida may regret the years she dated Harry but I doubt it's because of Harry himself. She probably annoyed with how the media covered her, and she probably wishes she hadn't had time apart from HWS. HWS is clearly very, very important to her, and if you believe tabloids she wasn't ever over him even while dating Harry.

I will truly be shocked if Cressida is snubbed an invite.

We all know, right, that Meghan used to work (years ago) as a calligrapher? She could draw the design!

LaRae

I would be surprised either way. ;) I personally think both Chesley and Cressida will be invited but likely will attend the private portion of the wedding, just because. Less fussy, yet I could also see them showing up. Would love to see what Cressida would wear!

P.S. Please no fascinators! :sad: They must be banned!

We should already start preparing ourselves for what Beatrice and Eugenie wear.

LaRae

We should already start preparing ourselves for what Beatrice and Eugenie wear. LaRae

Oh, please no! :sad: Could we suppose that they are past that exhibitionist stage?

Oh, please no! :sad: Could we suppose that they are past that exhibitionist stage?

Well one can hope, but they often seem to lack the understanding that what they are wearing is not well done.

LaRae

It was an Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcC14ZgAqJG/?taken-by=cressida_bonas_

This is said to have possibly been a dig at Harry. :ermm:

I don't get how it is a snub. :ermm:

We have no sign they have remained friends. He has attended a play or two since break up. And they have attended the same social events. But it doesn't speak to some close friendship they have. They weren't friends before they dated. They don't have many friends in common, other then his cousins, due to age difference. There is no sign Meghan has met either of his exes.

The only people who would think they were snubbed if the exes weren't invited, are some fans.

We all know, right, that Meghan used to work (years ago) as a calligrapher? She could draw the design!

Would certainly be a nice personal touch :flowers:

I hope he doesn't invite either of them quite frankly. There's no reason to.

LaRae

Me either...in fact unless the ex is a personal friend with BOTH parties (bride/groom) I wouldn't understand why they'd get an invite.

LaRae

I'd be very surprised if Chelsy doesn't get an invite, actually. She and Harry go back a long way.

As for Cressida and her little statement, considering that her mother's great friend Ingrid Seward came out and stated publicly that it was the publicity and strangers commenting in her hearing on her clothing, hair, shoes etc as she walked by that decided Cress against a Royal life, I doubt very very much that the remark was aimed at Harry, unless she felt he didn't protect her enough when they were dating.

I think Cressida may, and only may, get an invitation. The Branstons are likely to be there anyway because of their sponsorship of the London Marathon.

The York cousins and Uncle Andrew will be there at the wedding. What are the odds do you think on Sarah being invited? She did help Harry out with the Cressida B romance at the beginning but that might not count.

The York cousins and Uncle Andrew will be there at the wedding. What are the odds do you think on Sarah being invited? She did help Harry out with the Cressida B romance at the beginning but that might not count.

I’m actually really laughing as that was my next question. I absolutely absolutely hope not.

We should already start preparing ourselves for what Beatrice and Eugenie wear.

LaRae

If ever when I came on here and got a huge laugh ? that had me in stitches this was it.......... for I certainly hope that all invited are secure within themselves that no one has to show up trying to out do the bride and groom while making the wedding about what they wore like some have done in the past.....:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom