Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be wrong. Just like the many Americans on this group...there are Americans who care about it and plan to fly over to be there when they marry.

Call some of the hotels in the area and ask them about it.

LaRae

Hope Americans are not as stupid as this, flying over to see an actress who has been living in Canada for the last 10 years, Meghan seems to be able to switch allegiances quickly, from US to Canada to UK

Last edited by a moderator:
How sad that you can’t take joy from someone else’s happiness.

Sitting at lunch today with a group and I dared venture the news about Prince Harry. Fuzzy looks, some context given, and then the 'Oh yeah!' and a male friend declared 'A local girl. Saw the interview.' Smiles from two female friends who nodded. 'He's a lucky guy to have landed her!' ;) Laughter and nods. (We were lunching in Culver City, not far from where Meghan's mother lives and the phrase 'local girl' really resonated: she's 'one of us' :cool:).

So the news is known but it's not at the top of everyone's list right now (so much else that is seriously worrying is taking up the news which we were delving over our salads). But it was known and noted. I'd say something like this is hard not to know about if you stand in line at the grocery store. And it's for sure intriguing because Meghan is an American, and a wonderful example of the best we can be. Every reason to be proud of her. :flowers:

My boss, who lives in Texas and has never shown the slightest interest in/knowledge of the BRF actually brought up the engagement yesterday when I was talking to her on the phone. She was very excited (she'd happened to see a bit of the engagement interview).

Last edited by a moderator:
We already know, from articles posted on Harry/Meghan threads, that hotels in the Windsor area have already had a huge number of provisional bookings due to international and national interest.

Victoria Arbiter (based in the States) actually expressed anxiety about the media centre there being large enough to cope with the number of media outlets (especially in the US) that would like to be there. So to say there is zero interest in the US in the forthcoming wedding is just rubbish, IMO.

Americans could not care less about this, there is 0 interest in the US

A few weeks ago you took it upon yourself to speak on behalf of the entire population of the United Kingdom and now you presume to do so for the United States of America.

I assure, there is interest in the Harry and Meghan wedding in the United States. That's why news of the engagement appeared on the major US Newspapers (Washington Post, USA Today, etc.), on all of the major US Morning shows (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc.) in addition to the local television shows and the couple is slated to appear on the cover of People magazine next week.

All of this hardly equals zero interest.

And now you are calling American's stupid to fly over to the UK and spend their hard earned money and vacation time to witness the wedding of a fellow American, who happens to live and work in Canada. Cause apparently you can't be of specific nationality and work in another country and love and respect both countries. Gosh, I guess the millions of people who do this on a regular are wrong! And just because she is choose to live and work in Canada and now is choosing to marry and live in the UK has nothing to do with switching allegiance. It's called getting a job and living where the job takes you. It's called falling in love and moving to where your intended lives and works. Again, millions of people do this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

And finally, no one is playing the race card. Members are simply stating the facts...Meghan is biracial and as such, there is an additional interest in her, the wedding and her future role in the British Royal Family.

You clearly don't care for Meghan and that is certainly your right but stop the sweeping generalizations that are clearly wrong.

That is all.

Let's all continue to discuss the pre wedding information.

I, for one, have thought about making a visit across the pond for the wedding. But I am afraid I would miss something. And for the record, I thought the same about coming over for William and Catherine's wedding.

Last edited:
In terms of guests, I wonder who we’ll see attending from foreign courts? Prince Andrew’s wedding had a large European royal presence whereas Prince Edward’s wedding only saw around 4 or 5. What do people think? Any predictions on attendees?

It was a different time when Andrew married. I would expect far more along the lines of Edward. Edward may have been further from the throne, but he also has spent years doing foreign visits for his mum. Harry is just starting to do so, outside the commonwealth countries. Unlike William and Kate where all the royal houses were invited, even if the couple had not met or just in passing met the royals in question, Harry's will be different.

-Prince Seeiso and Princess Mabereng of Lesotho- founded Senteble with Harry
-Prince Franz Albrecht of Oettingen-Spielberg- Harry hunts with him
- I expect a number of the Greek royals, they are very close to the Brits
-a few of the German cousins from Philip's side. Often invited to family event

Anyone else I'd expect more minor royals, no heirs to the throne IMO.

I actually wouldn't be surprised, if Eugenie had more foreign royals at her wedding. And by that I mean minor and non-reigning. Her and Beatrice move in those circles and we often see them at the continental weddings like the Cassiraghi and Prince Amedeo's.

I am going to assume you are merely attempting to stir the pot since you surely must know you are completely wrong.

Texankitcat I agree

I’m not American but can I say this,
America is so large with different areas having different views we can see that by the thoughts on their president. So let’s say not everyone cares about Harry and Meghan. But a lot would definitely the females !!

Last edited:
frankly i'd say there are more americans than British interested in the whole thing..

Again with the race card, one might think Harry chose Meghan just for that purpose

One must really feel very sorry for someone with that type of attitude towards another person that say they don't even know all because of the color of their skin. Does anyone else on this earth have a choice in the color of their skin or anything for that matter?

She seems like a very intelligent, accomplished, hard working strong young lady who is very willing to take on this new role in her life with a man whom she deeply loves as he returns the same. I would like to think that wishing them the very best is in the interest of the human spirit and soul.

frankly i'd say there are more americans than British interested in the whole thing..

I doubt if it would go to that extreme but maybe they need some good news in US.
I’m not in UK but I think they would be very interested.

Here in Australia there is plenty of coverage of it. In tonight news there was a bit about them but also Will and George Also Japanese’s emperor and of course our princess Mary coming home for Christmas.

A few weeks ago you took it upon yourself to speak on behalf of the entire population of the United Kingdom and now you presume to do so for the United States of America.

I assure, there is interest in the Harry and Meghan wedding in the United States. That's why news of the engagement appeared on the major US Newspapers (Washington Post, USA Today, etc.), on all of the major US Morning shows (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc.) in addition to the local television shows and the couple is slated to appear on the cover of People magazine next week.

All of this hardly equals zero interest.

And now you are calling American's stupid to fly over to the UK and spend their hard earned money and vacation time to witness the wedding of a fellow American, who happens to live and work in Canada. Cause apparently you can't be of specific nationality and work in another country and love and respect both countries. Gosh, I guess the millions of people who do this on a regular are wrong! And just because she is choose to live and work in Canada and now is choosing to marry and live in the UK has nothing to do with switching allegiance. It's called getting a job and living where the job takes you. It's called falling in love and moving to where your intended lives and works. Again, millions of people do this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

And finally, no one is playing the race card. Members are simply stating the facts...Meghan is biracial and as such, there is an additional interest in her, the wedding and her future role in the British Royal Family.

You clearly don't care for Meghan and that is certainly your right but stop the sweeping generalizations that are clearly wrong.

That is all.

Let's all continue to discuss the pre wedding information.

I, for one, have thought about making a visit across the pond for the wedding. But I am afraid I would miss something. And for the record, I thought the same about coming over for William and Catherine's wedding.

A-M-E-N, Zonk, A-M-E-N! ?
It was about time that someone said it like it is in a polite manner. My gut reactions are mostly anything but polite (and sometimes it shows) :D

Back to the wedding, I quite like the idea of Windsor Castle and presumed that St. George's would be the most likely choice (IIRC the Wessexes married there too). It would be nice to have wedding photos with the front of the castle in the background and a carriage ride down the long path.

I can imagine that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will definitely be included in the bridal party but it would be nice to see Mia Tindall and the Viscount Severn in the mix as well from the Windsors; and perhaps a child of one of the cast of Suits from Meghan's side. Speaking of the show, it would be nice if the cast were invited as guests. I think we'll most likely see the Obamas as well, since Harry seems to have struck up a friendship with them through his charity work and royal position. I can't imagine any foreign royals being present as I don't know how friendly Harry is with them. Perhaps one of the Greek royals but that is my best bet. Maybe some of Harry's godparents will be there too?

If Meghan uses an automobile to take her to St. George's Chapel, which automobile might that be?

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

Oh, and if what I hear is correct, I wouldn't dust your hats off for a May 26th wedding as some as predicting today.

Rebecca is pretty hit or miss with her info. I believe she was wrong about Harry and Meghan being at BP the day after the engagement announcement. So it really is best to wait and see.

Dickie Arbiter tweeted, that royals don't do Saturday weddings, to scratch 26th off the table.

Is that true, and why no Saturday weddings?

Rebecca is pretty hit or miss with her info. I believe she was wrong about Harry and Meghan being at BP the day after the engagement announcement. So it really is best to wait and see.

Wasn't she right about that? They went to BP and then the wedding location/month announcement came shortly after they arrived?

Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie

Following Following @RoyalDickie

Royals don't do Saturday weddings so forget 26 May

The date, to me, doesn't really matter. Nor the time. We know the place and I know exactly where I'm going to be throughout the wedding day. Right here. :D

Dickie Arbiter tweeted, that royals don't do Saturday weddings, to scratch 26th off the table.

Is that true, and why no Saturday weddings?

Edward & Sophie married on a Saturday.

Last edited:
Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie

Following Following @RoyalDickie

Royals don't do Saturday weddings so forget 26 May

A weekend makes the most sense. There will be no bank holiday.

-Charles and Camilla married Saturday April 9
-Anne and Tim married Saturday December 12
-Edward and Sophie married Saturday June 19
-Mike and Zara married Saturday July 30
-Peter and Autum married Saturday May 17
-Gloucesters married Saturday July 8

Maybe Dickie is getting forgetful?

LaRae

I’m using the Osipi calendar RIGHT HERE

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

Oh, and if what I hear is correct, I wouldn't dust your hats off for a May 26th wedding as some as predicting today.

What's funny about this tweet is that, if it's not the 26th of May, people will be putting their hats away by that point, since the wedding will already be over.

St Georges' Chapel

Are we sure it's going to be televised? There are no camera's allowed in St George's Chapel.
To avoid mistakes or confusion: I'd love to watch their wedding on TV, it's just because of the general protocol there.

Edward & Sophie
Charles & Camilla

Televised ..I saw them both here in USA

A weekend makes the most sense. There will be no bank holiday.

-Charles and Camilla married Saturday April 9
-Anne and Tim married Saturday December 12
-Edward and Sophie married Saturday June 19
-Mike and Zara married Saturday July 30
-Peter and Autum married Saturday May 17
-Gloucesters married Saturday July 8

I think, in fairness, he was talking BIG royal weddings.

Charles and Camilla were originally scheduled to marry on the Friday (delayed for Pope's funeral) so not planned for a Saturday
Anne and Tim didn't even announce their wedding in advance as I recall - v close friends and family only in Scotland
Mike and Zara; Peter and Autumn are not truly royal and as they work in our real world, its def easier for friends and family to attend at w/ends
Glos was the quiet family wedding of a 2nd son, not the heir and they also worked in the real world and so did their friends.

Edward and Sophie are really the only one's who were senior royals who chose a Saturday.

And I don't see why not.

The other date being mentioned is 18th May - because its prior to the leadup to TTC. There are main rehearsals on 26th and 2nd June.

I like the 26th (or 25th) because it would make a long weekend - people already have the Monday off and it leads into half term for most children (again another reason why people take a long weekend)

EDIT - by long weekend I mean that it is not unusual for people to take an additional day as holiday on a bank holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom