Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OBV they've had to fire the location manager after he failed to secure St Paul's Cathedral and the Transatlantic movie will now be shot in 'Windserr Cassel'..

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Denmark did tweet out a congratulations to the couple.
You men the Crown Princess of Greece, don't you?:whistling: The Greek RF is very close to the British RF.

You men the Crown Princess of Greece, don't you?:whistling: The Greek RF is very close to the British RF.

Shoot! I did. How did I mess this up? I know very well Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark.

William and Kate had 6 attendants at their wedding - one of William's cousins (Louise), one second cousin (Margarita Armstrong-Jones), one of Camilla's grandchildren (Eliza Lopes), two of William's godchildren (Grace van Cutsem and Tom Pettifer), and one child of someone close to the couple (William Lowther-Pinkerton). The eldest was 10, the youngest was 3.

It seems likely that George and Charlotte will be attendants, and just based on age the Phillips girls or Mia Tindall might be chosen (1 of the three of them, not all). William and Harry don't seem particularly close to Charles Spencer, so I wouldn't expect one of his younger children to be an attendant, but it does seem like both William and Harry are close with their maternal aunts, so it's possible that they could go with one of either Sarah or Jane's grandchildren (Sarah's eldest grandchild was born in 2014, Jane's eldest in 2015).

Camilla's grandchildren range in age from 10 to 7. So, on the older side but within the same range as William and Kate's attendants. It would be nice to see one of Camilla's grandchildren be an attendant.

Harry has 2 godchildren, Fred Pettifer (16) and Jasper Galloway Dyer (5). Fred's too old, but Jasper's in that age range.

For Megan's friends... it seems like Meghan is very close with Benita Litt's children, although I don't know how old they are. Meghan's co-stars Sarah Rafferty and Gabriel Macht both have younger children. And, of course, Brian and Jessica Mulroney's children are all within that 10 - 3 age range.

I wonder if there are any children on her mother's side of the family that Meghan is close to? Does she have any cousins, etc with kids she's close to?

Those could be options as well.

I hadn’t realised Kate’s bridal party ranged from 3-10, I didn’t realise one of the boys was as old as 10. I had taken James, Viscount Severn out of the possible options for page boy as he will be 10 this December so I had him down as “too old”. He is a possibility if they need another page boy as I’m not sure how many younger godsons Harry has.

I think Meghan’s two little god daughters are a given, as are George and Charlotte and Harry’s god son Jasper.

I think Meghan’s two little god daughters are a given, as are George and Charlotte and Harry’s god son Jasper.

They do have a lot of candidates to pick from. Ivy Mulroney is also very close to Meghan. I remember there were a lot of pictures of Ivy with Auntie Meghan on both Meghan and Jessica's IG before and around the time the relationship news broke and the social media stopped. I think Jessica even had to delete a few photos with her daughter and Meghan.

I hadn’t realised Kate’s bridal party ranged from 3-10, I didn’t realise one of the boys was as old as 10. I had taken James, Viscount Severn out of the possible options for page boy as he will be 10 this December so I had him down as “too old”. He is a possibility if they need another page boy as I’m not sure how many younger godsons Harry has.

I was writing James off at first because of age too, until I looked at the age of William and Catherine’s attendants.

That said, given that there are more younger Windsor cousins now (and a few Spencer cousins), I think James is unlikely - Savannah, Isla, and Mia are more likely, in my opinion.

They do have a lot of candidates to pick from. Ivy Mulroney is also very close to Meghan. I remember there were a lot of pictures of Ivy with Auntie Meghan on both Meghan and Jessica's IG before and around the time the relationship news broke and the social media stopped. I think Jessica even had to delete a few photos with her daughter and Meghan.

Full name of Brian and Jessica's daughter is Isabel Veronica:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Mulroney

I was writing James off at first because of age too, until I looked at the age of William and Catherine’s attendants.

That said, given that there are more younger Windsor cousins now (and a few Spencer cousins), I think James is unlikely - Savannah, Isla, and Mia are more likely, in my opinion.

There are so many little Windsor girls, the boys are becoming outnumbered!

James is unlikely if harry and Meghan have enough young boys to add.

You know, weddings, even those in the family of QEII, don't always have a ton of quite small children for attendants. That's just one possible model we might see.

The Queen had girls quite close to her in age, including her sister and Margaret Rhodes. Sarah Chatto had teenagers. Autumn Philips had (gasp) more adults than children. Princess Margaret's were all kids, but most were in the 7-12 age range. Princess Anne only had little kids, but she also only had two of them. I think Zara just had one pageboy.

Which florist will be selected to do the flowers in St. George's Chapel?

This is all great news for Windsor and the surrounding towns. I’m sure local businesses will welcome an influx of royal watchers!

Most of the guessing for the actual day has been Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th.

Right after the Royal Horse Show.

LaRae

People (Americans) are already booking rooms for May in London.

LaRae

I just hope that the onslaught of bookings by the media doesn't drown out the chances for the actual royal watchers to be able to book a room and participate.

Fortunately, Windsor is surrounded by smaller villages which regularly depend on tourism for much of their income so even if the media do take over Windsor hotels, there’ll be plenty on offer in the surrounding villages such as Datchet or Wraysbury.

A train journey from London to Windsor would probably cost the same as two nights in a b&b fifteen minutes out of Windsor. Far better to stay local if anyone is thinking of visiting for the nuptials.

I’ve seen plenty of US coverage and have had many American friends asking questions about the wedding. I think it’s a generalisation to suggest that every single American is indifferent. I don’t suggest every American is agog either but to be frank, this isn’t an American event. It’s an occasion for the British people. We would love to welcome anyone from any country who wants to come and wish the couple well but really it’s about our Prince, his future wife and our Royal Family.

I’ve seen plenty of US coverage and have had many American friends asking questions about the wedding. I think it’s a generalisation to suggest that every single American is indifferent. I don’t suggest every American is agog either but to be frank, this isn’t an American event. It’s an occasion for the British people. We would love to welcome anyone from any country who wants to come and wish the couple well but really it’s about our Prince, his future wife and our Royal Family.

I agree this has nothing to do with America, it's a UK event. I have never heard about Meghan before in the US, and don't care if she was smart enough to snag a royal

Most Britons hadn’t really heard of her either. But I think most people here only really care that she makes Harry happy and that our Queen approves. What else is there?

Suggesting that Americans aren't interested in this couple or wedding couldn't be further from the truth. There is tons of interests, particularly with Meghan being a biracial American.

Most of the guessing for the actual day has been Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th.

Right after the Royal Horse Show.

LaRae

I just saw an article from the Sun saying it will be on the 26th of May. Who knows how accurate that is but it doesn't sound far fetched.

Suggesting that Americans aren't interested in this couple or wedding couldn't be further from the truth. There is tons of interests, particularly with Meghan being a biracial American.

I just saw an article from the Sun saying it will be on the 26th of May. Who knows how accurate that is but it doesn't sound far fetched.

Again with the race card, one might think Harry chose Meghan just for that purpose

I don’t think it’s playing the race card. It’s fairly significant that the Royal Family will have its first biracial member. And at the risk of being patronising, I think it’s worth remarking upon because it’s a sign of how far the British have come as a country in such a short space of time. Had this been 20 years ago, the reaction might not have been so positive but it’s hardly been mentioned and that in itself is hugely telling. In its response to this marriage, the UK is confirming that it’s a tolerant, welcoming, accepting nation where colour simply doesn’t matter. Whilst that really is a footnote to the marriage itself, it’s still significant - and pretty wonderful in my opinion.

Again with the race card, one might think Harry chose Meghan just for that purpose

I know you prefer we ignore that but sorry, not happening. We can move on now. :whistling:

Sitting at lunch today with a group, I dared venture the news about Prince Harry. Fuzzy looks, some context given, and then the 'Oh yeah!' and a male friend declared 'A local girl. Saw the interview.' Smiles from two female friends who nodded. 'He's a lucky guy to have landed her!' ;) Laughter and nods. (We were lunching in Culver City, not far from where Meghan's mother lives and the phrase 'local girl' really resonated: she's 'one of us' :cool:).

So the news is known but it's not at the top of everyone's list right now (so much else that is seriously worrying is taking up the news which we were delving over our salads). But it was known and noted. I'd say something like this is hard not to know about if you stand in line at the grocery store. And it's for sure intriguing because Meghan is an American, and a wonderful example of the best we can be. Every reason to be proud of her. :flowers:

Last edited:
Americans could not care less about this, there is 0 interest in the US

Oh crap on a cracker. Here we go again. You obviously have not really been paying good attention have you? ? ? ?

You would be wrong. Just like the many Americans on this group...there are Americans who care about it and plan to fly over to be there when they marry.

Call some of the hotels in the area and ask them about it.

LaRae

I am going to assume you are merely attempting to stir the pot since you surely must know you are completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom