Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont think not wearing a ring is an issue...i dont think he will...he never wears rings now...cant see that suddenly changing...

I know many men who never wore a ring until they got married. So, not wearing a ring before to me is not really an indication. However, as in 'his circles' the practice apparently varies, he could go either way.

And really...who isn't going to know he's married? LOL

LaRae

I predict a late Spring wedding(May, early June) at St George's Windsor.

A late Spring wedding will give the DoC time to recover from the birth of her baby.

So what about the tourism $ question? On BBC and CNN today there were articles wondering about what kind of boost a royal wedding in London at the Abbey would provide for the UK - with people coming from all over the world to see a member of the BRF marry an American.

I wonder if that will have any impact on Abbey vs Windsor.

I heard they are going to announce the details of when/where tomorrow. We'll see if that's true.

Since the announcement said Spring, for me that takes June out of the equation.

LaRae

Summer doesn't begin until late June. So a late spring wedding could include early June...just sayin!

But don't listen to me. I love June weddings!;) Anyway my hunch says it will be in May.

I think it will be St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.

But wouldn't it be fantastic with a Scottish wedding. Pre-wedding Ball att Stirling Castle, Wedding Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Harry wearing a kilt and the drums and bagpipes are playing while Meghan enters the Church and they are leaving, followed by a cortege at the Royal Mile and a post-wedding lunch at Palace of Holyrood House....Yeah i know it won't happen but it would have been great.

I don't know that Harry would think it was great. He doesn't really seem to have a strong bond with Scotland, and the last time he and William wore kilts was when they were about six years old.

Camilla T says BP has already set up a time tomorrow to announce the time/place of the wedding.

LaRae

Summer doesn't begin until late June. So a late spring wedding could include early June...just sayin!

But don't listen to me. I love June weddings!;) Anyway my hunch says it will be in May.

Yeah but when you say Spring people aren't thinking June!

I'm guessing May. I think the DoC is due in early April as opposed to later.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very surprised if they marry shortly before the Duchess of Cambridge is expected to give birth. That would probably mean she can't go. I don't think Harry would want to do that unless it is an emergency situation for some reason.

On the other hand, Princess Madeleine attended her brother's wedding on a Saturday and Nicolas was born at Monday, 2 days later so It's not impossible ;)

Last edited:
I don't think Harry will want to marry without his sister-in-law present either. He is said to be very fond of her.

I would be very surprised if they marry shortly before the Duchess of Cambridge is expected to give birth. That would probably mean she can't go. I don't think Harry would want to do that unless it is an emergency situation for some reason.

On the other hand, Princess Madeleine attended her brother's wedding on a Saturday and Nicolas was born at Monday, 2 days later so It's not impossible ;)

Not sure why she couldn't go? The wedding is going to be right down the road from where they live....but we'll find out tomorrow all the details of when/where. I'm hoping May in the Abbey!

LaRae

Yes, but Madeleine announced her pregnancy well after the wedding date was announced, not the case here.

Wedding date announced-Oct 23
Madeleine's pregnancy announced-Dec 19

--and her husband wasn't going to be the best man.

I would assume Harry will want William at the wedding. If baby Cambridge #3 arrived on Harry's wedding day...

Madeleine also attended the wedding of C-P and Sofia and gave birth pretty much immediately after, so it wouldn't be impossible physically if they so desperately wanted to do it before #3 is born.

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding ( Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

I got married in mid-May...almost 30 years now! My late inlaws married in May...they were married 65 years before the first one passed !

LaRae

Not sure why she couldn't go? The wedding is going to be right down the road from where they live....but we'll find out tomorrow all the details of when/where. I'm hoping May in the Abbey!

LaRae

Ofcourse she can attend even if she is pregnant in month 9 and expecting soon if she feels she can do it and there is special arrangements made for her, to rush her to the hospital, should it be needed like it was for Madeleine at Carl Philips wedding :)

Madeleine also attended the wedding of C-P and Sofia and gave birth pretty much immediately after, so it wouldn't be impossible physically if they so desperately wanted to do it before #3 is born.

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding (f*ck the saying, who cares. Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

The problem is, you never know for sure. If Catherine is in labor at that exact same moment: she won't be able to attend and William should be by her side!

I am sure they have taken the due date into account and are working with a reasonable margin for the date they already picked for their wedding.

I think it will be St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.

But wouldn't it be fantastic with a Scottish wedding. Pre-wedding Ball att Stirling Castle, Wedding Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Harry wearing a kilt and the drums and bagpipes are playing while Meghan enters the Church and they are leaving, followed by a cortege at the Royal Mile and a post-wedding lunch at Palace of Holyrood House....Yeah i know it won't happen but it would have been great.

Now that would totally float my boat as an ideal wedding. In fact, its made me want to dig out my Chieftain's "Celtic Wedding" CD. The soundtrack called "Celtic Wedding" just would sound so marvelous in a cathedral methinks.

I can't picture Harry in a kilt though. This is a man that wouldn't wear anything else besides a dress military uniform. :D

I believe we have confirmation that Catherine is due early-April. (I believe going by William's '12 weeks' remark.) I'd say they would put at least 4 weeks between her due date and the wedding. So, I am expecting a mid-May wedding.��

Princess Margaret married Earl Snowdon on 6:th May in 1960 at Westminster Abbey. So It's not impossible with a May-wedding.

Don't think it will be on the 6:th though as it falls on a Sunday in 2018.

Does anyone know what kind of visa Meghan needs to be able to marry in the UK and if there is a time frame for the marriage attached to it ?

I guess they will marry in May at Westminster Abbey. The Duke of Cambridge will act as Harrys best man and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.

The Queen will create them as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Earl and Countess of Menteith and Baron and Baroness X.

The reception will take place at Buckingham Palace.

principessa, These are nice titles. What is the history of the title of Earl of Menteith?

Does anyone know what kind of visa Meghan needs to be able to marry in the UK and if there is a time frame for the marriage attached to it ?

She probably has a fiancée visa, which requires her to marry within 6 months.

We’re likely looking at a May wedding based on that - March is Lent, April is when the baby’s due/the Cambridge’s anniversary, and the Queen’s birthday, and June is past the 6 month point.

She probably has a fiancée visa, which requires her to marry within 6 months.

We’re likely looking at a May wedding based on that - March is Lent, April is when the baby’s due/the Cambridge’s anniversary, and the Queen’s birthday, and June is past the 6 month point.

That would be my guess too. Its also possible that if, for some reason, the wedding doesn't occur within the six month time frame, they can apply for an extension. I don't see them having a problem getting one if they should need one.

I'm not sure how useful the visa regulations are in figuring this out. A general feature of the strict immigration laws in western countries is that they often become very flexible when the applicants are people of status or means.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say most, I know many who don't, some because they are in jobs where a ring is dangerous to have one on your finger.

Whether Harry wears a wedding ring or not is his personal decision.

I'm sorry. I should have said that in my part of the country it is unusual for a man to choose not to wear a wedding band. Of course, they don't if it is dangerous on their job. I should not have said "most". Certainly, Harry should do what make he and Meghan happy.

And really...who isn't going to know he's married? LOL

LaRae

Yes, that is so true!! :lol:

So what about the tourism $ question? On BBC and CNN today there were articles wondering about what kind of boost a royal wedding in London at the Abbey would provide for the UK - with people coming from all over the world to see a member of the BRF marry an American.

I wonder if that will have any impact on Abbey vs Windsor.

I have wondered that myself.

Camilla T says BP has already set up a time tomorrow to announce the time/place of the wedding.

LaRae

She has been pretty much on target with her reporting on H & M so I hope she is correct. I don't want to wait any longer.

I'm thinking Mia Tindall would make an adorable (if rambunctious) flower girl while Savannah and Isla Phillips would make lovely junior bridesmaids. Maybe Viscount Severn as a page boy? You could also have Robert and Rose Fellowes, the grandchildren of Baroness Fellowes, or Rosemary and Henry Hutt, the grandchildren of Lady McCorquodale. It would be a nice gesture to include some of the Spencer cousins in the bridal party.

Osipi brought up the interesting question whether Harry will decide to wear a wedding band as well or decide against it (following the lead of his brother). What do you think?

I hope he does but that is more due to personal preference than anything else.

I think it would be nice if he did. Meghan will likely have some input on that. It's another thing to look forward to...

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding (f*ck the saying, who cares. Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

We'll see. I don't think the lack of bank holiday really matters, as Prince Andrew married at WA without one. I'm still partial to WA for Harry and Meghan but I kind of suspect it will be St George's. I would love to be wrong though! ?

I hope KP is reading your thread Thena!

Oops I too excited. I meant post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom