Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every public event has very high level security. The FA cup finale will have extremely high security as well. If the security wasn't top level, and something horrific would happen, then people would complain about the lack of high level security. A shorter carriage route would make very little difference, as the security is there to protect the public as well, not just the royals.

I think some of these security details have been released as a preventive measure, to discourage any attempts of any sort.

There are some skepticism regarding this. And here is how I see it, I don’t think it’ll be just May 19th itself, but over time it brought more attention to Windsor and England for tourism. As much as I am a fan of the couple, I have no plans whatsoever to go to Windsor or even London on May 19th. Why? I hate big crowds. However, next time I do plan on going to UK in the next year or so, and Windsor will now be on my list whereas before, I’d probably just go around London and then head elsewhere. I believe there has been reports from officials that the Chapel itself has already seen a spike in tourism since the announcement and people make a beeline for it as soon as they get in rather than just get to it at some point during their tour. A report report on searches for flights to London from US has shown several hundred percent increases from different hubs in US, and well there are no tourist quite like the Americans, which are the biggest tourist group for UK.

I think the number is inflated as all these numbers are but they will 100% see an increase and that is what they want. The press has been talking about how much the locals have already benefited from this wedding. One lady was on the news and said she came home to find a note on her door from NBC New York wanting to rent out her home for 2 days for thousands of dollars. One pub said they rented out their 2nd floor to an ABC affiliate for $40K. That is insane. You can just look on the internet and see people willing to rent out their homes that are on the procession route and many restaurants on it said once it was announced their reservations were booked for the day.

If you go to the hotel aggregators, you'll find that they're mostly returning search results from Slough because there are only a handful of hotel rooms left in Windsor proper for the weekend.

And all those people will need food, which will be a bonanza for the restaurants.

Even if they "only" have 50000 people, it's still going to be a very good weekend for a lot of local businesses. And with no bank holiday, there's no negative impact on economic productivity.

After those back-to-back terrorist attacks London has seen lately, I don’t think anyone should complain about security cost for this very important and very high profile royal wedding.

After those back-to-back terrorist attacks London has seen lately, I don’t think anyone should complain about security cost for this very important and very high profile royal wedding.

Absolutely 100%! If any public officials complained about the cost and pushed for less security to save money, and then something dreadful happened to kill and/or injure people there would be outrage.

Aren't they getting ahead of themselves? Last I've heard, the wedding party hasn't been publicly announced yet.

Aren't they getting ahead of themselves? Last I've heard, the wedding party hasn't been publicly announced yet.

When doesn't the Daily fail get ahead of itself :lol: They will come up with some way of covering their butts if wrong.

'Meghan forced to choose new MOH due to political pressure' :whistling:

Weren't they reporting a while ago that Harry's stag do was going to be in Las Vegas?
The Fail, in the absence of any real news until Harry and Meghan's engagement on the 5th, is scratching around for something new to say. As usual, a load of rubbish.

Last edited:
The Daily Fakenews

Just seems like a backhanded way to take swipes at Meghan for no reason at all.

Meghan is into Yoga but that is not even new age, maybe its new age in the UK but its a normal part of life here.

Everything the DM writes is a joke but the article is dated March 31.

Harry and Meghan have picked their wedding florist, Philippa Craddock-

Was just about to post that. She does some beautiful work :flowers:

https://philippacraddock.com/pages/wedding-flowers

They do work with a charity to give access to fresh water, something Meghan has been very involved with in the past. I wonder if she knew the connection between the florist and their work with water, or just a coincidence.

This year we have partnered with drop4drop - an independent charity based in Brighton, whose passionate team are on a dedicated mission to help alleviate the World Water Crisis. Over the next year we will raise enough money to fund our first water well, which will provide an entire community with access to a sustainable source of clean drinking water.

We are lucky and take for granted our constant access to clean water, both for everyday health and well being, and for our work. We are wholly privileged and it only seems right to provide as much water for a local community as we would use in our company during any one year.
DROP4DROP are a unique charity, as their running costs are privately funded, 100% of all donations go straight to projects. Every project is managed using a local workforce, who are given the tools and trained in basic maintenance to ensure the ongoing upkeep of the wells. Projects to date have helped communities in India, Uganda, Mozambique and The Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/philippacraddock/?hl=en

Last edited:
:previous: Wonder what the color scheme is going to be. :flowers: I know it's considered a no-no but it really would be fun to see the reception set-up. They should do that. What a nice way to 'include' people. ;)

I doubt it's a coincidence they picked her...seems like that's one of their causes (maybe Harry's specifically?).

Some absolutely gorgeous arrangements on her site.

LaRae

I doubt it's a coincidence they picked her...seems like that's one of their causes (maybe Harry's specifically?).

Some absolutely gorgeous arrangements on her site.

LaRae

Meghan's :flowers: She worked with world vision clean water campaign. Why I suggested it may not be a coincidence. William and Kate had charities to which wedding donations went to. This might be a form of that for Harry and Meghan.

Perhaps Meghan will continue with the cause, just not world vision Canada. Harry and her both seem to have a real heart for Africa.

Wonder what the color scheme is going to be. I know it's considered a no-no but it really would be fun to see the reception set-up. They should do that. What a nice way to 'include' people.

I do hope we see a branch out from the white flowers of past. Even if just some blush or light peonies. Hoping with two royal weddings this year, one in fall, at least one we will get a different color scheme.

Last edited:
I expect to see Peonies (that's her favorite right?) ...and from the way it sounds we are going to being seeing spring colors. So I expect pale yellows/pinks/cream/green. Soft/romantic colors.

I for one love those types of colors at weddings so if they do that I will love it!

LaRae

I expect to see Peonies (that's her favorite right?) ...and from the way it sounds we are going to being seeing spring colors. So I expect pale yellows/pinks/cream/green. Soft/romantic colors.

I for one love those types of colors at weddings so if they do that I will love it!

LaRae

All the talk I heard was them keeping to the standard royal 'white' color scheme. I hope they do go for some lovely spring colors, like you suggested. Nothing too bright or distracting, better for Eugenie in the fall anyways.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/t...ce-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-flowers/

Although Emily Andrews mentions things like cornflowers and fox gloves, beyond roses and peonies. That hints to some colors at least. Cornflowers are certainly blue. And foxglove comes in lovely shades as well. Paired with peony, the three flowers would certainly make beautiful spring bouquets.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/58546863880144201/

Last edited:
When the news about the cake came out and that they wanted spring flavors ...it makes sense (to me anyway) the colors will match that theme. I absolutely LOVED Pippa's flowers...it would be neat to see a variation on that at H&M's wedding.

I'm hoping to see fall colors for Eugenie and that will suit her coloring very well too.

LaRae

Yes, soft pastels, fresh and Springlike, is what I'm hoping for. Her arrangements are truly lovely. It can be a bit dark in St George's, but the TV lights should help with that.

When the news about the cake came out and that they wanted spring flavors ...it makes sense (to me anyway) the colors will match that theme. I absolutely LOVED Pippa's flowers...it would be neat to see a variation on that at H&M's wedding.

I'm hoping to see fall colors for Eugenie and that will suit her coloring very well too.

LaRae

Different people have different opinions on 'spring flowers'. Both Kate and Pippa were married in the spring, and predominately used white. Pippa had some pale pink in hers though.

I hope we don't see similar to Pippa's. Honestly I didn't find her flowers all that different then her sister's except for added pink. She even had the trees.

I hope you are right, and spring in Meghan's mind includes some yellows, and other colors.

Here are the different coaches/carriages

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/a-char...to-employ-carriage-fleet-at-wedding-1.3831030

If by gold they mean the state coach, I highly doubt we will see it.
The State Coach is one that can be automatically scratched from the list. But I'd love to see Meghan travel to the Chapel in the Glass Coach and she and Harry travel back in the 1902 State Landau. What I wouldn't want to see are those light Semi-State Landau's which we mainly see at Ascot.

Having assisted with two of my nieces' weddings, I can assure you that some things change and then change again. From the colour of wedding gowns that look ghastly enough to make you shudder when they are tried on, to the romantic vision of flowers that would actually look insipid and have no presence and don't present the image of your vision.

That is what wedding planners are for. To tell the bride what colour or shape does of does not flatter her, what colours will enhance her colouring and not clash with Harry's Uniform, etc. What flowers are best to create their dream wedding. The food is chosen, all that is left is the Reception and Windsor Castle can more than handle that.

Yes, soft pastels, fresh and Springlike, is what I'm hoping for. Her arrangements are truly lovely. It can be a bit dark in St George's, but the TV lights should help with that.
This sounds lovely!

The State Coach is one that can be automatically scratched from the list. But I'd love to see Meghan travel to the Chapel in the Glass Coach and she and Harry travel back in the 1902 State Landau. What I wouldn't want to see are those light Semi-State Landau's which we mainly see at Ascot.

Having assisted with two of my nieces' weddings, I can assure you that some things change and then change again. From the colour of wedding gowns that look ghastly enough to make you shudder when they are tried on, to the romantic vision of flowers that would actually look insipid and have no presence and don't present the image of your vision.

That is what wedding planners are for. To tell the bride what colour or shape does of does not flatter her, what colours will enhance her colouring and not clash with Harry's Uniform, etc. What flowers are best to create their dream wedding. The food is chosen, all that is left is the Reception and Windsor Castle can more than handle that.

Wedding planners are great in making suggestions. But it does lay with the couple in the end to make the choices usually. And the suggestions are based as you said 'on their dream'.

Even for a royal wedding, I doubt Meghan would be happy 'just letting Windsor castle' handle it. Yes the day time reception will likely be the queen's ideas. But the evening reception, the food choices and music, and such will reflect the couple more.

The nice thing for them compared to the Cambridges, they likely have a lot more freedom in how they handle the reception and such.

The BBC are reporting today [i'm afraid I didn't 'catch' their sources] that the Wedding Flowers will principally be composed of Peonies and Foxgloves, both much loved early Summer flowers here..and include branches of beech, birch and hornbeam, as well as white garden roses. This suggests that the colour spectrum will be white/cream/blush and/or various shades of Pink [which is the spectrum these flowers come in]
Personally I think Pink is unlikely, so I imagine a monochrome scheme based on whites/creams and blush is what we will see..

More controversially, and markedly LESS plausible [given the Grooms 'form'], the BBC and Newspapers suggest that the Stag 'do' will be a Yoga/Yurt/Crystal/Chakra Healing weekend- a FAR CRY from a 'Hooray Henry' piss up in Vegas.
This was attributed to the influence of 'California raised' Ms Markle, and 'the spin' on it was somewhat sinister.. [Changing 'OUR' Prince into some vacuous, Hipster 'laughing stock'].

Last edited:
I think that stag do article was aimed at April fools. ?

I love the ideas these flower combinations give. The florist's arrangements are gorgeous. It will no doubt look spectacular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom