The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1921  
Old 02-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Is that the Blue with yellow/gold?


LaRae
__________________

  #1922  
Old 02-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899


Yes
__________________

  #1923  
Old 02-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Much prefer to see him in the black uniform. That will look so sharp!


LaRae
  #1924  
Old 02-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
I doubt we will see him in anything but black. It is tradition, not just for the heir, that they wear the senior most uniform. I don't see Harry breaking with that tradition.
  #1925  
Old 02-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,899
Even with William’s wedding The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Kent wore their Guards uniforms and The Prince of Wales wore his navy uniform.

Who was the last royal other than William who had a choice of uniform?

Charles was Colonel of The Welsh Guards but married in his RN uniform.
  #1926  
Old 02-10-2018, 05:08 PM
MARG's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 10,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Good point. Maybe Harry will have major input in that regard. Americans tend not to have gaggles of children attendants at weddings, so this may be something Harry weighs in on more.

I'm wondering if there will be lots of flowers, as in noticeably lots.
I can just imagine it, oceans of peonies, what a wonderful visual. And please, no trees as they do not belong inside a church. Actually, it's the venue that gives more scope for imagination versus 'set in stone tradition'.

As to Harry, he has more leeway in his choice of attire in that it is a "Private Wedding". Having adult bridesmaids could be a nice change. Autumn Philips chose adult bridesmaids wearing strapless green gowns. Princess Mary of Denmark had adult bridesmaids in different shades of cyclamen pink.

To me, the most elegant and serene wedding was Princess Anne's. No fussy anything.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...-Anne-1973.jpg
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1927  
Old 02-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
As to Harry, he has more leeway in his choice of attire in that it is a "Private Wedding". Having adult bridesmaids could be a nice change. Autumn Philips chose adult bridesmaids wearing strapless green gowns. Princess Mary of Denmark had adult bridesmaids in different shades of cyclamen pink.

To me, the most elegant and serene wedding was Princess Anne's. No fussy anything.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...-Anne-1973.jpg

I thought those strapless green dresses were hideous!
And they showed tan lines, very unattractive.

I hope Meghan won't choose anything like that.
  #1928  
Old 02-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
I hate it when tan lines show, it's tacky. Use something to cover it or wear something that covers it.


LaRae
  #1929  
Old 02-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
I hate it when tan lines show, it's tacky. Use something to cover it or wear something that covers it. LaRae
To those who think this way, I am startled. Really? That's a level of perfectionism (and deviation from naturalness) I could never support. Why should it matter? Truly, celebrate it! Forget the image.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1930  
Old 02-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Naturalness? What makes it natural to have tan lines? It's one of the worst things you can do to your skin. It's not like they don't have other options if they feel 'too white'.





LaRae
  #1931  
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 9,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Flowers...lots and lots of gorgeous seasonal flowers.


LaRae
Here is a guide for flowers in season in May.
http://www.everafterguide.net/flower...on-in-may.html
  #1932  
Old 02-10-2018, 10:17 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Naturalness? What makes it natural to have tan lines? It's one of the worst things you can do to your skin. It's not like they don't have other options if they feel 'too white'. LaRae
Tanning is not about 'whiteness'. Having skin 'sun-kissed' is healthy and feels healthy: it's a sun-shower. (Doing anything to any extreme is never healthy). It is natural to be tan, and consequently natural to have tan lines. (In fact, if one lives in a sunny clime one needs to have a tan to protect the skin).

Ask any farmer, ask any gardener, ask anyone who works in the outdoors in the elements: 'tan-lines' are natural outcomes if you have a certain color of skin to begin with. That this would be a debate puzzles me.

But anyway, I would never clip a friend who might be my bridesmaid because they have tan lines. Wouldn't occur to me. And would never suggest to them that they look 'tacky'. But that's me. Clearly there are different sensibilities regarding this. I'm fine with that, just giving my pov. In peace.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1933  
Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Here is a guide for flowers in season in May.
http://www.everafterguide.net/flower...on-in-may.html
I was struck by Sarah's use of flowers with her little tykes. They looked charming. Fairies of the May.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1934  
Old 02-11-2018, 12:05 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,691
Harry looked amazing at William's wedding, he was the male stand-out imo.
  #1935  
Old 02-11-2018, 12:42 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,636
Yes, IMO as well. Love the Blues and Royals uniform.
  #1936  
Old 02-11-2018, 04:45 AM
wbenson's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: -, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Even with William’s wedding The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Kent wore their Guards uniforms and The Prince of Wales wore his navy uniform.
If the Duke of Edinburgh is still wearing uniforms, I'd expect him to continue with his tradition and match whatever Harry wears as closely as possible. He seems to have matched the groom's attire whenever possible (Mark Phillips wore the uniform of the Queen's Dragoon Guards, which the Duke had no position in, so he wore his field marshal's uniform to at least match the service).
  #1937  
Old 02-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Tanning is not about 'whiteness'. Having skin 'sun-kissed' is healthy and feels healthy: it's a sun-shower. (Doing anything to any extreme is never healthy). It is natural to be tan, and consequently natural to have tan lines. (In fact, if one lives in a sunny clime one needs to have a tan to protect the skin).

Ask any farmer, ask any gardener, ask anyone who works in the outdoors in the elements: 'tan-lines' are natural outcomes if you have a certain color of skin to begin with. That this would be a debate puzzles me.

But anyway, I would never clip a friend who might be my bridesmaid because they have tan lines. Wouldn't occur to me. And would never suggest to them that they look 'tacky'. But that's me. Clearly there are different sensibilities regarding this. I'm fine with that, just giving my pov. In peace.
Let's just go with that idea...Meghan has a farmer and a gardener in her bridal party...they have products one can use to even out tans.

I never said anything about not having someone in the bridal party because they had tan lines. I simply think it is tacky to have exposed tan lines for something like this.


LaRae
  #1938  
Old 02-11-2018, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

I never said anything about not having someone in the bridal party because they had tan lines. I simply think it is tacky to have exposed tan lines for something like this.


LaRae

I agree!
Besides, there is no such thing as a healthy tan; if you have a tan, then you have skin damage, like it or not.

But my post was about those strapless green dresses. I thought they were ugly, and I hope Meghan chooses something more elegant.
  #1939  
Old 02-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,309
Meghan may go with all junior bridesmaids and they will all look cute anyway. If she goes with adult attendants then I would hope, with her general sense of style, they are not the horror some bridesmaid dresses end up being.


LaRae
  #1940  
Old 02-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,181
I am wondering if after the Wedding, they'll be back for Trooping the Colour.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla charles congo crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex gemstones guzman henry viii history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit st edward tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×