Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Sophie and Edward did a similar ticket/ballot system. 8,000 local people were chosen and invited onto the castle grounds. I believe some charities were invited as well.

Harry & Meghan only invite 2,640 people to the grounds. Any idea why Edward & Sophie were able to accommodate about 3 times as many?

IMO I think that there will be a lot more security because of the threats and racism that Meghan has faced. In addition, I think that a lot more media, especially U.S. media will be accomodated since Meghan is American.

Interestingly, Dickie Arbiter is claiming that the 8000 figure for the Wessex wedding is incorrect, and that the grass won't hold that many.

I believe a lot of the exes at weddings thing being bad comes from what happened to Charles and Diana's marriage and what Diana said about seeing Camilla there at St Pauls.

William and Kate invited exes to their wedding and they came and everything was honky dory with no ill feelings. Don't know whether the Wessexes invited exes. I do wonder whether Cressida will get an invite though, considering remarks she's made about being an ex of H's not helping any with her career, and a tweet she posted after the engagement announcement that could be interpreted as having a dig, though I don't think it was. I think Chelsy will certainly be there.

I wonder how the Mirror knew about the hen party? A leak from the resort I suppose. I guess the confirmation will be followed by an announcement from KP. Things are indeed marching along.

So Chelsy and Cressida are going to be invited to the wedding?

Meghan will be giving them the looks like she's saying "You didn't want to keep him? Look who's going to be a princess now."
You really think they didn't know if they stayed with him they could be a Princess?! Let's cut the pettiness.

Interestingly, Dickie Arbiter is claiming that the 8000 figure for the Wessex wedding is incorrect, and that the grass won't hold that many.

But as Richard Palmer pointed out to him, the 8,000 figure comes from the BBC and a number of other media outlets that reported on the day of the wedding. There was also a royal photographer that said 8,000 could fit on the grounds, so I believe that number is correct.

Harry & Meghan only invite 2,640 people to the grounds. Any idea why Edward & Sophie were able to accommodate about 3 times as many?

Not sure. Maybe Harry and Meghan want to keep the number down for security reasons.

Last edited:
It may be a matter of security. Edward and Sophie had more of a general ballot system. Meghan and Harry seem to have people being selected by the LL's across the country. Doing more then 3000 people, and checking the security on them before the wedding, may not be practical. Unfortunately things aren't as safe as they were back in the days of Edward's wedding.

You really think they didn't know if they stayed with him they could be a Princess?! Let's cut the pettiness.

Exactly. They knew what being with Harry could mean down the line. I don't know about Cress, but Chelsy is said to be the one who called it off. She wasn't prepared for the scrutiny and life that being a royal meant.

Hmm, that has me wondering as the BBC not only reported the 8,000 inside the gates but also referenced that many camped overnight. So, that leaves me wondering if we are all talking about the same thing or if there is a little confusion as to what is where and where is what. Especially as Meghan and Harry wanted to include as many of the public as possible.

However, many things have changed since 1999 and security is now a real factor for this couple, more so I believe because there are more racists nutters than there are terrorist nutters at large in the UK.

The bachelorette (hen) party is Sunday. The report says Doria would not be there and Kate wanted to go but is too tired. It's a spa retreat for a day of pampering. I know the paps and the tabloids are disappointed - no pictures of anyone stumbling out of a club or compromising shots with a male stripper. Is it common to do spa days for the hen do in the UK like it is in the US?

The bachelorette (hen) party is Sunday. The report says Doria would not be there and Kate wanted to go but is too tired. It's a spa retreat for a day of pampering. I know the paps and the tabloids are disappointed - no pictures of anyone stumbling out of a club or compromising shots with a male stripper. Is it common to do spa days for the hen do in the UK like it is in the US?

Not surprising Doria wouldn't go. Hen/bachelorette parties are more for the bride and her friends usually. If you have a bridal shower or luncheon, mothers and other family members would attend. A hen party or event is usually the bridal party and friends of the bride getting together. You wouldn't usually expect the father of the groom to attend a bachelor party.

Hen parties, both in North America and Uk, are changing. There are still those who do the wild night of drinking and often strippers. But the hen weekend is becoming more popular. There are dozens of sites in the UK to help plan them. Spa weekends, weekends out of the country with the girls, all popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps this 2640 figure is the first phase of what they're announcing, but not the complete plan for allowing the public in. For example, it could be that those are seats that will be made available on bleachers the areas closest to the chapel door where all of the arrivals will be visible...and that at some point later on a more general public lottery for tickets to get in and find spots along the Long Walk will be announced.

Last edited:
Interesting that Meghan selected a few charities from recent visits to allocate tickets. While there's no guarantee those will be her future patronages, I'd sure like to know which organizations they are. Also interested to see which if any of the charities she previously worked with might be represented at the wedding. I understand starting with a clean slate in her new role, but Meghan's usually pretty good at acknowledging the people and organizations who supported her along the way. This might be her last opportunity to do so.

The cast of Suits has been invited to the wedding according to one report.

According to DM Meghan is paying 120,000 pounds for the honeymoon, a wedding gift to Harry.

If you can believe anything they say.

LaRae

Well, if true, Meghan certainly has her own money to spend. Most of what we are hearing is gossip and speculation (possibly fueled by leaks) that have yet to be confirmed.

It will be interesting if both Chelsy and Cressida are invited to the ceremony. I am not at all surprised about Chelsy being invited. I did not think Harry is still as close to Cressida, although she is a close friend of Eugenie's so cousin Eugenie may have put in a good word. The exes might just as easily be only invited to one of the receptions, but I suppose if you have been a former high-profile girlfriend of the most eligible bachelor in the land, you'd love to be invited to his high-profile, high 'invitation sought after' royal wedding as a guest rather than as the bride-to-be. Neither Chelsy nor Cressida were comfortable with the royal scrutiny and 24/7 high profile lifestyle that marrying Harry would have entailed. It's absolutely commendable that both understood the importance of deciding to split rather than entering into a situation that would make them unhappy (no matter how much each may have cared about Harry).

Being a British royal princess was clearly not high on C&C's list of priorities. Neither was it on Meghan's list of life priorities. Meghan just happened by circumstances of having mututal friends, to be introduced to Harry. They hit it off, bonded over deep attraction and mutual interests, and the rest is history. I also think that in the case of M&H, their meeting and their uniting in marriage is fate.

The thing that makes me wonder about the 120,000 pound honeymoon story is that it's not at all clear when they'll be able to go on a honeymoon.

According to my understanding: Meghan will be getting married on a fiance visa. It's a multiple entry visa, but is only good while you're actually a fiance.
Once you get married, you have to convert it to a 2 year spousal visa before you can exit the country with any hope of re-entry. If she changes her name on her US passport, she'd need to get that done before she applies to switch to the spousal visa.

It may be possible to get same-day processing of the switch, but that's not clear from the Eligibility page on Visa premium service (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/eligibility)

False alarm for Meghan's hen do. DM jumped the gun; it wasn't Sunday. Meghan is waiting for her mother and Jessica Mulroney to come to the UK for the baptism/confirmation. I hope it's a clean event. If there is a hint of an oiled up male stripper the press will tear her apart.

I really think Meghan is past the male stripper phase if she ever had one....

LaRae

Yes, can't imagine Meghan and Doria jumping up and down whooping and hollering while a male stripper does his stuff..! :lol:

I’m just shaking my head, left to right, left to right...

The thing that makes me wonder about the 120,000 pound honeymoon story is that it's not at all clear when they'll be able to go on a honeymoon.

According to my understanding: Meghan will be getting married on a fiance visa. It's a multiple entry visa, but is only good while you're actually a fiance.
Once you get married, you have to convert it to a 2 year spousal visa before you can exit the country with any hope of re-entry. If she changes her name on her US passport, she'd need to get that done before she applies to switch to the spousal visa.

It may be possible to get same-day processing of the switch, but that's not clear from the Eligibility page on Visa premium service (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/eligibility)

Yes there is some question if they would be able to head off on a honeymoon. And they do have to be back in June for things like Trooping. It seems likely they will spend some time on a mini honeymoon in the UK (maybe in Scotland or Cornwall) after they marry. And in the summer, when most of the royals take time off, take a proper honeymoon.

I don't see Meghan spending 120,000 on a honeymoon. I know she has money but she has worked long and hard for that money and knows the value. You can take an incredible luxury honeymoon for half that, or less. I think the DM is just trying to come up with stories.

False alarm for Meghan's hen do. DM jumped the gun; it wasn't Sunday. Meghan is waiting for her mother and Jessica Mulroney to come to the UK for the baptism/confirmation. I hope it's a clean event. If there is a hint of an oiled up male stripper the press will tear her apart.

I don't see her having strippers or heavy drinking. A weekend away with the girls, especially if her mother is going, to a spa or such is far more likely.

Meghan was maid of honor for BFF Jill Lindsay Roth in 2016. She organized her bachelorette weekend and chronicled it in a TIG post or Instagram. She explicitly said that strippers and hitting the bars wearing phallic party favors weren't "on brand" for their crew. I don't imagine that's changed in the last 2 years.

I'm hearing that Meghan did have a private bridal shower this weekend, but a bachelorette type 'hen-do' has yet to happen, if in fact one is actually planned.

I'm hearing that Meghan did have a private bridal shower this weekend, but a bachelorette type 'hen-do' has yet to happen, if in fact one is actually planned.

Seems unlikely. If Meghan's mother was to attend one and not the other, the bridal shower would be far more likely. The hen party is usually something for you and your friends. I don't see her having a bridal shower without her mother and Jessica. Often if you are having a number of out of town guests, you will combine them in one weekend.

:previous: Yes, obviously nothing has been officially confirmed. It's all rumor. It would make sense for the bridal shower to take place while her Mom and her best friend are in London, and schedule it around the same time as the baptism/confirmation.

Do you have a link, or is this another leak gossiped about by media and royal reporters?

Last edited:
Not surprised by that at all. When I looked at IG and saw that Jessica was still in Toronto then I knew something was wrong because she would have been there. I think Meghan likely was out with Lindsay who I believe has been in London since giving birth and their mutual friend Heather Dorak who flew out to London this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom