Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty sure I read an interview where Elton said he was attending and preforming...hmmmm, maybe it was speculation by the article.

LaRae

He rescheduled concerts which has given rise to the belief he will attend. He has made comments about the couple, as he was friends with Diana, and spoke to Harry in Italy after he and Meghan got together.

Elton John Reschedules Concerts During Prince Harry Wedding | PEOPLE.com

John and his husband David Furnish were guests at Will and Kate's royal wedding in 2011, but the singer revealed he hasn't been asked to attend or perform at Harry and Meghan's wedding—yet. "No one's been asked," John revealed, adding that it would be "nice" to attend because John "loves him very dearly."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/a15893663/elton-john-on-prince-harry/

A couple of magazines like In style insinuated rumors that he May perform. But even as a good friend of Harry's mom, and Charles, I don't think Elton would perform for a wedding reception.

For some reason I thought the Queen was hosting the first reception...and Charles the evening one.

Frogmore would be so neat!

LaRae

I doubt really that anyone will be singing during the formal afternoon reception hosted, probably, by Charles. The music and fun IMO will come much later, in the evening. I do wonder whether the evening party will be held at Frogmore after all, separate and giving some privacy.

That is my impression as well. The evening reception which is the more laid back with their family and friends is when the DJ comes out and the party begins. That is likely when these rumored performances occur. Destination still Frogmore? Maybe? We shall see.

Well after watching that clip with one of the Spice Girls it sounds like they are preforming so...would have to be the evening reception.

LaRae

For some reason I thought the Queen was hosting the first reception...and Charles the evening one.

Frogmore would be so neat!

LaRae

The 'lunch' in the afternoon with the larger guest list, and more of the less personal guests likely, will be hosted by the queen.

In the evening there is a dinner reception hosted by Charles, which will be more private (close friends and family).

If it is like William's, the evening event will be almost 2 events:
-there was a cocktail reception and dinner with speeches
-then they went into a 'night club lounge' that had been set up for the more let your hair loose party with dancing, dj, live music

Technically both of the evening events were hosted by Charles.

The day time reception is at St George's hall. Frogmore would make sense for the later evening event. They will need time to set up both events. I guess there are other spaces in Windsor for the evening reception, but Frogmore would be nice.

The 'lunch' in the afternoon with the larger guest list, and more of the less personal guests likely, will be hosted by the queen.

In the evening there is a dinner reception hosted by Charles, which will be more private (close friends and family).

If it is like William's, the evening event will be almost 2 events:
-there was a cocktail reception and dinner with speeches
-then they went into a 'night club lounge' that had been set up for the more let your hair loose party with dancing, dj, live music

Technically both of the evening events were hosted by Charles.

The day time reception is at St George's hall. Frogmore would make sense for the later evening event. They will need time to set up both events. I guess there are other spaces in Windsor for the evening reception, but Frogmore would be nice.

If it is at Frogmore, we might get a sighting of the newlywed coming out of Windsor going there.

Not sure where to post this, [perhaps Mods could move it to the most pertinent thread]

KP have announced further details of the Wedding arrangements this Morning,

Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will invite 2,640 members of the public to Windsor Castle on their wedding day to watch the arrivals of the Bride and Groom and their guests and the carriage procession as it departs from the castle.

The couple has asked that 1,200 people, from all corners of the UK be selected by Lord Lieutenants, including young people who have shown strong leadership and those who have served their communities.

Also invited into the castle grounds are 200 people from charities and organisations close to Prince Harry and Ms. Markle, including those which Prince Harry serves as Patron.

I think this is an excellent idea. The public will probably gather along the Long Walk, enjoy a spectacular view of the castle and see the carriage go past. I believe Edward and Sophie had a similar ballot arrangement when they married.

At first I was worried about the public invitation because of the recent anthrax scare and other threats then I thought about it and I think it's a wonderful idea. It invites more of the public to enjoy the day and it sends a message to the detractors:. you haven't scared off the bride; the queen hasn't rescinded her consent; the wedding is still on and don't think security won't be top notch that day.

But these public invitations are very specific - charity workers from Harry's patronages, maybe Meghan's future patronages? School children, royal household, estate workers and persons chosen by the lord lieutenants across the UK. So these 2,640 persons who will be outside the church will be easy to check security wise.
Its the people along the long walk that may be cause for security concerns ad that can be anybody from the general public.

:previous: I agree Terri Terri that this selection process allows for background checks to take place before the wedding. The 530 Royal Household members will already have been pre-screened so security can begin checking out the others who will be selected to stand along the Long Walk route.

Lovely to hear some people will get an invitation for see up close the arrivals of the wedding. How thrilling is that, chance of a lifetime!

:previous: I agree Terri Terri that this selection process allows for background checks to take place before the wedding. The 530 Royal Household members will already have been pre-screened so security can begin checking out the others who will be selected to stand along the Long Walk route.

The procession through the streets of Windsor is also one to consider as I doubt every single individual along that route on the day will undergo any form of prescreening or scrutiny. The royal security services are second to none though so hopefully fingers crossed.

There is always a chance something could happen but overall they have the best of the best working to make sure everyone is safe.

Things are coming together.

You do know that Edward and Sophie had a similar sort of ballot system going on for their wedding, do you? And this is for inside the castle grounds. It's not for the streets of Windsor, which will be packed to see the carriage procession. So how can it be a rent a crowd?

what a fun idea. guillaume and stephanie of luxembourg had a similar arrangement where they invited the public.

You do know that Edward and Sophie had a similar sort of ballot system going on for their wedding, do you?

was it really a ballot or did they extend invitations to people working for select charities, etc?

what a fun idea. guillaume and stephanie of luxembourg had a similar arrangement where they invited the public.

was it really a ballot or did they extend invitations to people working for select charities, etc?

They did invite selected charity workers etc as Harry and Meghan are doing. However I believe several thousand locals were chosen by ballot. The Lords Lieutenant portion of this statement seems to refer to the LL's winnowing through applications and choosing the most worthy or enthusiastic, I suppose.

There seems to be, judging by what I've read on the internet today by detractors, that Harry and Meghan are inviting these people to stand and cheer on the streets of Windsor. There doesn't seem to be any sort of understanding that these new arrangements pertain to being able to get near to St George's and to the Long Walk because the Castle and grounds are closed to the general public for the day, as they usually are for these events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, Sophie and Edward did a similar ticket/ballot system. 8,000 local people were chosen and invited onto the castle grounds. I believe some charities were invited as well.

Interesting idea, and I agree, quite a fun one! I didn't realise that the Wessexes did the same at their wedding. Perhaps because the grounds at Windsor are smaller than locations like Westminster Abbey, they only invited a small number of people to come and watch the wedding. Of course; there'll be more of the general public in surrounding areas hoping to get a glimpse of the couple.

Do you think Prince Harry and his supporter will wear boutonnieres?

Not if they wear their military uniforms. Most likely this is going to be the case so nope, no boutonnieres.

Looking forward to seeing Harry in his Blues!

LaRae

On the selected group of people that have been invited onto the grounds of Windsor Castle for the wedding, what I'm thinking is that these will be the people that make up the spectators that will actually see Harry and Meghan come out of St. George's Chapel as man and wife along with being able to watch all the guests arrive for the wedding, the arrival of the bride and groom and the Queen.

The rest of the public will have their chance to see Harry and Meghan as they take their carriage ride through Windsor and back to the castle via the Long Walk.

Its a secure plan to know the people that actually are close to the chapel itself and an honor for those that are chosen.

Personally, I think I'll have the best seat in the house watching it from my recliner. :D

So Chelsy and Cressida are going to be invited to the wedding?

Meghan will be giving them the looks like she's saying "You didn't want to keep him? Look who's going to be a princess now."

:previous: If Chelsy and Cressida are invited to the wedding, it will be because both Harry and Meghan want them to be. This is a royal wedding and not a teenage spring dance with teenage angst to it. :D

They are keeping the guest list very close to the vest so everyone is going by guestimates. If Chelsy and Cressida do come, the press will drag them as "mistresses in waiting" thanks to Camilla. Not fair to all involved.

They are keeping the guest list very close to the vest so everyone is going by guestimates. If Chelsy and Cressida do come, the press will drag them as "mistresses in waiting" thanks to Camilla. Not fair to all involved.

Chelsy and (to a lesser extent) Cressida have remained on fairly friendly terms with Harry since their relationships with him ended, so the whole "mistress in waiting" angle is going to be played by the press regardless of their presence (or non-presence) at the wedding. Harry for one seems to not really live his life according to what might make the press happy. It's not likely he's going to start now, and it would be silly to expect him to give up a friendship with Chelsy and Cressida (provided Meghan has no problem with it) simply to try to appease the press.

So Chelsy and Cressida are going to be invited to the wedding?

Meghan will be giving them the looks like she's saying "You didn't want to keep him? Look who's going to be a princess now."

why would she be doing that?

I doubt Meghan will see Prince Harry as a prize that she won, she sees him as an equal partner who she loves.

Likewise judging by Chelsy and Cressida's IG accounts they seem very happy to live their own lives outside of the royal pressure cooker. If the press is so upset that they are not marrying Harry then perhaps they should not have made their lives complete hell while they where dating Harry. Either way both ladies can live their lives free from press intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom