The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
True but she isn't going to have strangers staying at Windsor Castle - family and personal friends will take priority. IT has also been noted in the media that there are no rooms available in Windsor - a few B&B and that's it. Not only all the guests but the media as well. Windsor is a very small town.

In purely practical terms late wedding makes a lot of sense. Unless of course they surprise us all and decide on a smaller private wedding. Just a couple of hundred!
Given that the bride is from another country, and most of her guests will be from a foreign country, I’m sure hotel rooms have already been blocked by the royal family to accommodate. So I wouldn’t say not having rooms at this point would affect guests as much as one might think. They did have advantage of setting the date and then only notifying the press later.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Majesty

My final reason for a late in the day wedding

Television coverage for the Americian audience which, apparently, is expected to be huge!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
We don't. Edward and Sophie invited 550 guests.
It amuses me that their wedding was classed as "small, personal" etc when there were 550 people. I don't know 550 people! I know that their wedding was small in Royal terms, it just makes me chuckle that 550 is considered small.

There were be plenty of places for people to stay. I'm pretty sure Windsor Castle isn't short on rooms. Some people have suggested that Andrew and Edward can have people to stay at their homes due to their locality to Windsor Castle which isn't a bad suggestion; they have plenty of rooms to go around! Peter Phillips stayed at Edward's house the night before his wedding after all.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Television coverage for the Americian audience which, apparently, is expected to be huge!
Meh, we can wake up early once in awhile. But seriously though, I was listening to Simon Perry, royal correspondent for People, earlier today, and he said that they ran three covers with Meghan and Harry in five weeks, which has never happened for anyone in the years he's worked there. In fact, not only did the engagement issue sell very well, but the issue after that sold even better. So I do think there is a huge interest in US.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Americans haven't had any trouble watching late morning royal weddings in the past. Getting up early is part of the fun!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Majesty

If a harp solo is performed, when is the best time during the wedding service to have it?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

During the 'signing of the Register', imo...
Old 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Rumour has it they will use the same vineyard that William and Catherine used for their wedding.

Harry and Meghan pick Kent vineyard for wedding wine | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Hurrah for Kent, the County of my birth..
Old 01-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true (not that I believe the DM though)...people often used companies a friend/family member has used that they recommend or experience at a friend/family members wedding/event.

Looks like it's a pretty economical choice too.

LaRae
Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Courtier

I know there has been no confirmation yet but I assumed they would definitely have a morning/early afternoon wedding, so as not to conflict with the FA Cup final?
Old 01-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's not confirmed yet...but I'm putting 'money' on late morning...10 or 11.

LaRae
Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Americans haven't had any trouble watching late morning royal weddings in the past. Getting up early is part of the fun!
Many years ago, I was vacationing with my cousin at the Wisconsin Dells. I was awakened early in the morning--before the sun came up--to watch Charles and Diana get married.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I watched Charles/Diana, Sarah/Andrew and William/Kate. I'll be watching Meghan and Harry too, online though cause I doubt it will be on regular TV here in the U.S (no cable etc).

LaRae
Old 01-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

So people want to protest the wedding.

Facebook group 'urges protesters to dress as homeless people' along Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding route - Mirror Online
Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the Cup final is definitely not a consideration in the timing of the wedding. Charles' and Williams's weddings were timed for the convenience of the Official Guests and the parties in the evening were a much more casual affair.

Edward's was timed to suit the bride and groom and the guests wore evening gowns with little jackets and super flimsy fascinators, obviously all set to consign said jackets and fascinators to the back seat of the car ASAP. Check out HM's ensemble:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b9/46/d5/b...nce-edward.jpg
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Regarding where guests might stay, wouldn't it be fascinating if Harry and Meghan actually do purchase/get a country house in the vicinity of Windsor, and use that for guests. Totally off-the-wall idea, I know, but occurred to me.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Regarding where guests might stay, wouldn't it be fascinating if Harry and Meghan actually do purchase/get a country house in the vicinity of Windsor, and use that for guests. Totally off-the-wall idea, I know, but occurred to me.
That’s got to one big ass house. In fact, it better be an entire community.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Courtier

I really don't see two major events happening around the same time so I suspect the wedding will be no later than noon.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Thatís got to one big ass house. In fact, it better be an entire community.
FROGMORE!