Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know yet what time everything will kick off American time that is?

LaRae

Well the wedding is 7am EST / 4am PST but I would assume the coverage will start at least 2 or 3 hours before it happens. That is how it was with W&K as well. We saw the arrivals of guests and such.

Ok Yeah I want to get up for the pre-wedding stuff too. So 3ish (central) should be good.

LaRae

I'm sure as the wedding approaches, there will be information given as to live feeds to stream over devices. So I will have to keep practicing watching a wide screen TV with one eye and my wide screen monitor with the other eye. :lol:
I'm tempted to have hubby set up another TV in the room but my third eye is out of practice. I'll also have TRF open in another window.

If I remember right, they did start coverage several hours before anything was slated to happen and we saw the crowds, heard about some history and footage of the couple leading up to the wedding.

So, I'm pretty much set for this wedding, I think.

Ok Yeah I want to get up for the pre-wedding stuff too. So 3ish (central) should be good.

LaRae

I don't think there is a point of going to sleep the night before. :lol: I'm sure there will be wedding discussion going on somewhere.

It’s midnight for me...going to try and sleep late day before...don’t want to miss anything!

Even though I live in England, I will still be sleeping for the pre-wedding footage:D I'll have to watch it on catchup; but I'll try to catch the actual ceremony.

I don't think there is a point of going to sleep the night before. :lol: I'm sure there will be wedding discussion going on somewhere.

I'll try to get in about 5 hours of sleep before...

LaRae

It would be lovely if there was an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace.

It would be lovely if there was an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace.

Was there an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine?

Was there an official Royal Wedding website from Kensington Palace for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine?

Yes there was a royal wedding website. It was deactivated a few weeks after the wedding, and the information addressed on a new one for the couple. But it would likely have been run from Clarence house not Kensington palace. William's household was still under Clarence house when he married. THings like their engagement announcement would have been issued by Clarence.

It will be a solid late evening's viewing for my friends and I in Australia, though no TV channel here has announced any schedule yet, hardly surprisingly. I think the time of 12 noon corresponds to about 11pm in Australia but we will be seated at about 9pm here and probably won't move except for drinks and snacks for the next four hours! It will be wonderful. I'm so looking forward to seeing it all.

Last edited:

Yes, it would nice if one was developed for Harry and Meghan. With personal pics and the wedding info.

We only have free TV here so I will most likely have to watch everything online...I hope my bandwidth can handle it!

LaRae

It will be a solid late evening's viewing for my friends and I in Australia, though no TV channel here has announced any schedule yet, hardly surprisingly. I think the time of 12 noon corresponds to about 11pm in Australia but we will be seated at about 9pm here and probably won't move except for drinks and snacks for the next four hours! It will be wonderful. I'm so looking forward to seeing it all.

Is this the same time as Will and Kate I don’t remember it being that late here in Australia.

I think the Cambridge wedding started at 11 AM whereas Harry and Meghan's wedding is starting at noon. If I'm remembering right, coverage started for me here in the US at 4 am or so and that's two hours before the actual ceremony.

There was a lot more on all channels on Aus TV with crossovers to London from the breakfast shows, though I didn't watch those. I can't remember the exact time I began watching, late afternoon I think.

Anyway, these are the programmes that covered the Cambridge wedding then, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are crossovers to Windsor during the day for Harry's as well.

https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebri...Royal-Wedding-Coverage-Australian-TV-15919216

Yes the Cambridge wedding started at 11 am. We had pay TV then so I just recorded it and got up at 6 then started watching. Can't do that this time!

LaRae

Yes the Cambridge wedding started at 11 am. We had pay TV then so I just recorded it and got up at 6 then started watching. Can't do that this time!

LaRae

In this day and age, I would think there will be multiple live stream channels. If nothing else, Sky News Live is always an option.

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC will likely be covering the wedding Live. I’m sure BBC America and BBC News in America will be covering it too. SKY News Live on YouTube as well.

Hmmm we do get local NBC but they often only show local programing not national..same for CBS ....free TV doesn't get any of the BBC, CNN type of channels.

LARae

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC will likely be covering the wedding Live. I’m sure BBC America and BBC News in America will be covering it too. SKY News Live on YouTube as well.

I don't think most people will have any difficulty watching. I think closer to to May is when all the networks across the world will point their watching in the right direction and I am 100% sure many streams will be running.

I'm looking forward to Meghan's entrance music. Maybe she should seek inspiration from fellow royal brides:

Mary's entrance was certainly majestic and beautiful. I would love if Meghan chose the same song.

I would be truly astonished if they chose Zadok the Priest for Meghan's entrance. It is THE British coronation anthem, written specifically for the coronation of George II in 1727 and has been played just before the anointing of every British monarch since then. It is a truly special piece of music and has come to be seen as a very British patriotic song.

I was honestly surprised to learn that Mary and Frederick chose it for their wedding since it is so associated with the UK.

I know Kate walked up the aisle to I Was Glad by Parry which was also written for a British coronation but it doesn't hold anything like the significance that Zadok the Priest does.

I hope Elton John and David Furnish will attend; after Elton Joh gave such a beautiful tribute to Harry's mother it would be not right not to invite him.

I would be truly astonished if they chose Zadok the Priest for Meghan's entrance. It is THE British coronation anthem, written specifically for the coronation of George II in 1727 and has been played just before the anointing of every British monarch since then. It is a truly special piece of music and has come to be seen as a very British patriotic song.

I was honestly surprised to learn that Mary and Frederick chose it for their wedding since it is so associated with the UK.

I know Kate walked up the aisle to I Was Glad by Parry which was also written for a British coronation but it doesn't hold anything like the significance that Zadok the Priest does.

I actually liked that Catherine worked with her father in law on the music for the wedding, and they came up with ‘I Was Glad’ for the wedding march.

I’m thinking Meghan and Charles will work together on some music too.

Re: TV coverage: Has the palace yet announced that there will be cameras at the ceremony? Because meaningful live streaming hinges on that.

I have no doubt that if there is in-church camera coverage that the US networks will do wall to wall coverage.

Re: TV coverage: Has the palace yet announced that there will be cameras at the ceremony? Because meaningful live streaming hinges on that.

I have no doubt that if there is in-church camera coverage that the US networks will do wall to wall coverage.

I thought KP announced the wedding would be televised.

I think that means though that there will be a shared camera feed from within the church.

Well if it is not coverage then someone mislead the mass media because they are all under the impression this is being televised and they all planning to cover it. The royal reporters have all said as much as well.

Yes, the wedding will be televised. Even Edward and Sophie’s wedding was televised and shown live here in America.

I am sure it shall be a happy day. A wedding is the most romantic part of life. And. I know Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II will think of her own. It just seems that she cannot hide it. Even after 61 years. Salute!

PS. A nice Royal Wedding took place at Barnwell Manor. At the time. Their Royal Highnesses, Prince And Princess Richard Of Gloucester. Any photos on here of that lovely wedding?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom