The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
I highly doubt Meghan would, but I hope she doesn't vow to obey like some royal brides have.

I would love to see Guy being in the bridal procession!
A lot of churches, especially older ones, don't allow animals in them.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see some modern touches, I don't see a 'dog ring bearer' or such a modern concept at a senior royal wedding.

Quote:
The Anthem at the wedding , This is the Day Which the Lord Hath Made, was composed especially for the occasion by John Rutter. It was commissioned by Westminster Abbey as a wedding present for Prince William and Catherine

I wonder will St Georges do something similar for Harry and Meghan
I am not sure if St George's will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had an unique piece commissioned for them. William and Kate were not the only ones. A fanfare was commissioned for the wedding of Charles and Camilla, by a Welsh composer. It was played when the couple left their blessing. The composer composed music for Charles twice before, for his investiture as prince of wales and on his 16th birthday.

Welsh Composer Writes One-Minute Fanfare for Royal Wedding | Playbill

It can be heard around the 5 minute mark here.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if The Wedding March will be played when Meghan walks down the aisle? It's common in American weddings (I'm not sure anywhere else) and it would be a nod to her American roots. I also wonder if an American patriotic song will be played along with the UK national anthem. My Country Tis of Thee (also on known as America) has the same melody as God Save the Queen and it could symbolize Meghan's transition from American actress to Princess of the UK.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I wonder if The Wedding March will be played when Meghan walks down the aisle? It's common in American weddings (I'm not sure anywhere else) and it would be a nod to her American roots. I also wonder if an American patriotic song will be played along with the UK national anthem. My Country Tis of Thee (also on known as America) has the same melody as God Save the Queen and it could symbolize Meghan's transition from American actress to Princess of the UK.
The Wedding March is played at UK weddings too I think.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
A lot of churches, especially older ones, don't allow animals in them.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see some modern touches, I don't see a 'dog ring bearer' or such a modern concept at a senior royal wedding.

I am not sure if St George's will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had an unique piece commissioned for them. William and Kate were not the only ones. A fanfare was commissioned for the wedding of Charles and Camilla, by a Welsh composer. It was played when the couple left their blessing. The composer composed music for Charles twice before, for his investiture as prince of wales and on his 16th birthday.

Welsh Composer Writes One-Minute Fanfare for Royal Wedding | Playbill

It can be heard around the 5 minute mark here.

A lot of old churches here in the UK do pet blessing services every year. I saw an advertisement for one in an old church in Dulwich recently when I was going past on the bus. I wanted to take our three rats but my husband was working. I have also seen a lot of wedding photos in wedding magazines with dogs at the service. TBH I can see dogs being allowed in more churches than hotels (for civil weddings). I am sure churches often give permission for pets to be part of the ceremony.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Anthem at the wedding , This is the Day Which the Lord Hath Made, was composed especially for the occasion by John Rutter. It was commissioned by Westminster Abbey as a wedding present for Prince William and Catherine

I wonder will St Georges do something similar for Harry and Meghan
It's possible a new piece of music will be composed for playing at the wedding. I was also wondering whether a special fanfare will be composed too - either for the bride's entrance as they did for Sophie or for the bride and groom's departure as they did for Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine's weddings.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It's possible a new piece of music will be composed for playing at the wedding. I was also wondering whether a special fanfare will be composed too - either for the bride's entrance as they did for Sophie or for the bride and groom's departure as they did for Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine's weddings.
My MIL had a fanfare composed for her the first time my SIL got married. She said the composer told her 'I've never heard of a fanfare for the Mother of the Bride before.' Lmao.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
'The bridal chorus' also known as 'here comes the bride' is popular in western countries, including the UK as a processional. As a recessional, 'the wedding march' by Mendelsson is a traditional choice by many. Another option is the 'prince of Denmark march' which was used by Diana at her wedding (no surprised it rose in popularity after the wedding). If they choose to go with a traditional wedding entrance march, here comes the bride would likely be a top choice.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Trumpet Voluntary by Purcell is also used by some brides.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Majesty

I love Purcell's Trumpet Voluntary. Very stirring! I believe it was used at Princess Margaret's wedding.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Trumpet Voluntary by Purcell is also used by some brides.
We're talking the same song. The trumpet voluntary that is wrongly associated with Purcel, is commonly referred to as 'the prince of Denmark march'. It is believed to have possibly been written for Queen Anne's husband George of Denmark.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I love Purcell's Trumpet Voluntary. Very stirring! I believe it was used at Princess Margaret's wedding.

Your post lead me to hear it on YouTube which lead me to watch parts of Williams wedding which lead me to watch Edwards wedding and then Andrews wedding..... what a lazy afternoon thanks Curryong for leading me astray
Old 01-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
The Wedding March is played at UK weddings too I think.
Yep, both Wagner and Mendelssohn's wedding marches have been traditional here in the UK (except from in the Jewish community as Wagner was popular with the Nazis) since Princess Victoria married the Emperor of Prussia in 1858 as they used it at their wedding. Wagner's march is traditionally used upon entering whereas Mendelssohn's march is used more when leaving.

The Prince of Denmark's March is my favourite wedding march tune and I plan to use it at my own wedding in the future (exiting to Suite 2 of Water Music). I think it would also be nice though if Harry and Meghan had the beginning of Zadok the Priest to enter to.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

While its lovely, not sure a coronation anthem in a wedding of someone who is not the heir. William and Kate will eventually be the heir and wife, so the use of a coronation anthem was fitting for them

Ironically on my last day off before back to work, changed channel expecting 'the chew' and got a hallmark movie because of the holiday. And it is starring 'Meghan Markle'. Guest at a wedding right now.

So Daily Mail is suggesting Table Talk, the company Pippa used to work for (who also helped with her catering) is going to help cater the evening party.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There was some surprise when there was no soloist at the Cambridge wedding. We will have to see if Harry will follow the root of his dad and other senior weddings that included a soloist. I don't know about it being a psalm though.
Could part of a Gospel from the New Testament be sung as a solo?
Old 01-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

US Weekly claiming Doria walking her down the aisle is one of the options.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...own-the-aisle/
Old 01-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I seriously doubt that any media outlet would have any inside scoop on the wedding plans. Of course Doria walking Meghan down the aisle is one of the options. So is Guy as ring bearer an option.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Majesty

Is this absolutely correct?
Meghan wants her mother to be the one to give her away?
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...down-the-aisle
Old 01-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't trust any of the media to be correct...most of the time it's not.

LaRae
Old 01-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Could part of a Gospel from the New Testament be sung as a solo?
Highly unlikely sung. As a reading? Highly possible (though some OT are popular like ecclesiastes). James Middleton did a reading from Epistle to the Romans for the Cambridge wedding.

Psalms are far more likely to be chosen for singing. They were designed to be sung.

Quote:
I seriously doubt that any media outlet would have any inside scoop on the wedding plans. Of course Doria walking Meghan down the aisle is one of the options. So is Guy as ring bearer an option.
Agreed

But they cover their tracks with 'we understand she wants'. Just like the Daily fail often does. So if it turns out to be utter garbage they can pull the 'well the decision was vetoed by the queen..."
Old 01-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Is this absolutely correct?
Meghan wants her mother to be the one to give her away?
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...down-the-aisle
As the only ones who would know are Harry, Meghan and her parents likely, I'd say a load of rubbish It may end up being true, have serious doubts unless Tom physically unable, but it will be a matter of blind lucky guess from the reporters.

Closed Thread