Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It is common enough to have 'ring bearers' in the US. Page boys are basically the same thing, basically young boys in the wedding. And suits, mini versions of what the adult men would wear, would be common.

Lady Melissa Percy: I assume Peter pan or something

A most unfortunate evocation of Robin Hood's 'merry men', I think..

Since May is a Spring month, what do you think of the flower girls wearing different colored pastel dresses?

Did Melissa's sister Katie have a similar fantasy theme going on among the attendants at her wedding? Both short lived marriages, but gorgeous weddings! The only thing I can remember from Katie Percy's wedding was her wearing the Percy tiara askew.

Given Harry's military background and continuing involvement, I can see the military theme.

Good point. :flowers: Maybe Harry will have major input in that regard. Americans tend not to have gaggles of children attendants at weddings, so this may be something Harry weighs in on more.

I'm wondering if there will be lots of flowers, as in noticeably lots. :flowers:

Good point. :flowers: Maybe Harry will have major input in that regard. Americans tend not to have gaggles of children attendants at weddings, so this may be something Harry weighs in on more.

I'm wondering if there will be lots of flowers, as in noticeably lots. :flowers:

Honestly whether you have one ring bearer or two does it make a difference? I don't think the choice of clothes would change in American weddings if you had two ring bearers instead of one. Its pretty traditional to have at least one flower girl and one ring bearer (and in North American weddings when they are starting to have over sized bridal parties, sometimes more kids). I am sure Meghan has an opinion on how the kids should be dressed.

But I could see them doing the little military. I would rather that then the whole costumey look from other weddings. I'd rather proper little suits, but military my second choice.

Did Melissa's sister Katie have a similar fantasy theme going on among the attendants at her wedding? Both short lived marriages, but gorgeous weddings! The only thing I can remember from Katie Percy's wedding was her wearing the Percy tiara askew.

No, not really. The flower girls had little black capes on, and the boys had military feel. I remember because Grace Van Cutsem was in her wedding too.

Here she is:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5675791993_95597dd58d_o.jpg

Grace was a popular flower girl when she was younger it seems. I have seen photos of her at least another aristo wedding as a flower girl as well.

Since May is a Spring month, what do you think of the flower girls wearing different colored pastel dresses?

I don't see the whole mismatched dress colors, in pastels or any other shade. Becoming more popular look for adult bridesmaids in modern weddings but think they will go more traditional. I'd not be surprised if all the flower girls are in white.

My question is what color will her maid of honor wear? Pippa wore white, but that would be a major no no in US weddings. The only adult who is meant to be in white is the bride. Flower girls (kids) sometimes do, but not adult bridesmaids.

And Zara's matron of honor wore "dove gray." I'm looking forward to seeing the choices made for the weddings this year!

Sorry but some of those kids outfits are ridiculous. I give props to Sarah for dressing her girls in adorable outfits and not having the boys look too bad. Also Kate's whole wedding party looked beautiful, stylish and traditional without going overboard into the laughable.

Loved Kate's and Pippa's attendants...so cute!

LaRae

some of those kids outfits are ridiculous.

Quite often designers/Brides at British Aristocratic Weddings draw inspiration from a Portrait in the Family Collection, and dress the Brides attendants accordingly, this being the case for the Spencer/Lockwood wedding.

It may be a success, or it may not, but drawing upon Family History is a natural idea, when it is felt that 'lounge suits' for Pageboys will look out of place [and rather common] when adult males are in Morning dress. I've NEVER seen small boys in a Morning Coat [mercifully].

Last edited:
Meghan's dress stands to be pretty modern likely, and the period feel doesn't suit at all.

No escaping the period look in the venue Meghan will be getting married in!

I do think it would be kinda cool if she went with a period type wedding ..just for something different.

LaRae

Given Harry's military background and continuing involvement, I can see the military theme.

I think that will depend on whether Harry himself wears a uniform or simply the standard morning suit.

As for the bridesmaids, I am expecting white with perhaps a colored sash if they are tiny.
If they are mainly adults, they might wear a pastel shade (I doubt they'd be in white).

Somehow, I am expecting the wedding party to be mostly children.

I do think that Harry will wear a uniform.

I think that will depend on whether Harry himself wears a uniform or simply the standard morning suit.

As for the bridesmaids, I am expecting white with perhaps a colored sash if they are tiny.
If they are mainly adults, they might wear a pastel shade (I doubt they'd be in white).

Somehow, I am expecting the wedding party to be mostly children.

I strongly believe Harry will wear a uniform.

Why wouldn't Harry wear a uniform? The opions mainly differ on which one (imo the one he recently got an honorary position for).

Why wouldn't Harry wear a uniform? The opions mainly differ on which one (imo the one he recently got an honorary position for).

He will wear the uniform of the highest ranked position he holds ,and like you said it will the No 1 uniform of the Captain General of the Royal Marines

so exactly like Phillip's here

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB9Pn7HW0AIapzW.jpg

But just with Harry's medals ,his KCVO and whatever honours he might get before hand

So it's black..hmmm that will be gorgeous in the Chapel.

LaRae

No escaping the period look in the venue Meghan will be getting married in!

Yes there is. Just because you are being married in an old church, doesn't mean your attendants have to be dressed like they are from the 19th century. Being married in an old church doesn't require you to have a 'theme wedding'. It calls for a level of sophistication, and grandeur, but certainly not for some painting from the national gallery to be used as inspiration.

I don't know. I kind of like the idea that Harry and Meghan would do something completely different and perhaps have a medieval tinge to the wedding. St. George's Chapel is the ideal place setting for something like that.

I seriously doubt that they would do this but I like the idea. :D

New invitation rumors: Sting is on the guest list. One tabloid has the invitations going out the first week of March, and I would love to see if any of our predictions come true.

I don't know. I kind of like the idea that Harry and Meghan would do something completely different and perhaps have a medieval tinge to the wedding. St. George's Chapel is the ideal place setting for something like that.

Me too..would love to see something period. She could pull off an Empire waist quite well.

I also like the idea of a old English country type wedding.

LaRae

If you want completely different, modern would be the route. There has been no royal wedding with a real modern aesthetic to it.

Medieval suits the cathedral certainly, Edward and Sophie agree with you :D

Sophie's dress was inspired by medieval styles. And their attendants were dressed in an homage to the garter robes. Technically the garter robes only date to the very end of the middle ages, 15th century, but pretty close.

If Period, something more modern period like regency period would at least be a different feel.

Sting? What’s his connection to Harry?

Prince Charles would be my guess. Not saying Sting would be invited, doubt it, or even Harry knows him. But tabloids likely guessing, or hoping, some of Charles' more famous contacts will be invited.

Was rumored in 2004 that Charles was a fan of Sting, something Charles denied. But they have worked together at least on one project.

Last edited:
So it's black..hmmm that will be gorgeous in the Chapel. LaRae

I agree. :flowers: Harry looks very sharp in black uniform, too.

I do hope there are lots and lots of spring flowers.

:previous: Indeed, he looks handsome in black. They will look wonderful.

I agree on lots of flowers. And I hope they branch away from the 'all white' scheme of the past. Be great to have some added spring colors into the church.

Flowers...lots and lots of gorgeous seasonal flowers.

LaRae

Harry may choose to get married in his Blues and Royals uniform. The regiment he served in.

William had to wear his highest ceremonial uniform but Harry probably has more leeway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom