The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you! I’ve only seen the picture of her and Justin Trudeau at One Young World and didn’t think it warranted the conclusion of “these people are friends” that seemed to be determined; JT engages with a lot of celebrities in stuff like that, so to me it wasn’t a big deal.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I hope the bridesmaids and pageboys are from Meghan and Harry's friends and not just Harry.
There has been mention of a little girl that Meghan knows who could be considered as a bridesmaid or a flower girl. Her name is Ivy.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Thank you! I’ve only seen the picture of her and Justin Trudeau at One Young World and didn’t think it warranted the conclusion of “these people are friends” that seemed to be determined; JT engages with a lot of celebrities in stuff like that, so to me it wasn’t a big deal.
That's how I took it as well. I think Meghan mixed in the same circles as the Trudeau's and obviously they know each other and have probably spent time together socially, but I didn't really get "close personal friends" from that.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
There has been mention of a little girl that Meghan knows who could be considered as a bridesmaid or a flower girl. Her name is Ivy.
There have been mention of three girls indeed.

Ivy aka Isabella Mulroney

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLReMtCA...y=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIlFoD5A...y=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIk_dGNA...y=meghanmarkle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJbtKbg...y=meghanmarkle

There are also her two goddaughters
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVh5BVg...y=meghanmarkle

Ivy might be cute paired age wise with Charlotte. And one of her goddaughters paired with another older bridesmaid (or both).

I think the concern of the other poster is that if we look at the Cambridge wedding, the entire bridal party save Pippa, came from William's side.

Quote:
That's how I took it as well. I think Meghan mixed in the same circles as the Trudeau's and obviously they know each other and have probably spent time together socially, but I didn't really get "close personal friends" from that.
As mentioned by the poster Ish was responding to, its not just pictures of them out at same public events. The most recent picture with Justin, her comment is directed at Sophie, missing her at the event. That speaks to more then them simply meeting at events.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

How it is possible for her to have goddaughters if she was not baptized nor confirmed?
Old 12-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How it is possible for her to have goddaughters if she was not baptized nor confirmed?
Its the term she used in her post. Its possible she was their 'witness' at baptism. Or may simply be an honorary term she gave them. Either way, there is obviously a strong affectionate relationship with the girls.

They are the daughters of her good friend Benita Litt.

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/p...Business-Brain
Old 12-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

There are candids with Meghan, Jessica and Sophie. They are clearly friendly with each other and have hung out. That doesn't make them close friends though which I don't think they are but still friends nonetheless.

As for the god parent thing? I'm not baptized but I have 2 "god kids" in the sense that their parents asked me to be. So I am. If anything were to happen to them then I got them. My promise. It's not so official these days or at least where I'm from.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post

In some Churches it's not a requirement. It's not looked at the same way as say Catholics view it.

LaRae
Old 12-30-2017, 08:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus

We’re also assuming that she meant actual goddaughters - but the term she used was fairy goddaughters. To me that invokes images of Cinderella and her fairy godmother - nothing religious to it at all.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:58 AM
Majesty

What do we think the music will be like? Obviously traditional hymns but they do have some leeway. Would they use anything contemporary. Do we know what Meghan likes to listen to in private.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

They might turn to Charles for some suggestions. I've read that he was involved in selecting the music for his and the Cambridges' weddings.

https://www.thespruce.com/royal-wedd...-music-3490153 The Cambridges.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

No doubt Charles will be involved. Some are a given. Jerusalem and Guide Me O Thou Great Redeamer

I believe it was Charles who recommended I Was Glad for Kate to walk down the aisle to

A coronation anthem fitting to her marriage to a future king.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually watched parts of Edward and Sofie's wedding the other day to try and get a sense of what their wedding will be like. I actually like how more intimate it is. It will surely be much different but the overall feel was nice.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles seems to have a great taste in music, considering the music at the Cambridge wedding. I wouldn't turn down his help in selecting pieces

I hope they don't go too contemporary. Contemporary music in a formal church service seems off to me. Leave the contemporary music to the evening party IMO.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Well, their wedding is having a positive impact on local tourism in Windsor and the castle. Everyone makes a beeline for the chapel as soon as they get into the castle.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding boosts local tourism
Old 12-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
No doubt Charles will be involved. Some are a given. Jerusalem and Guide Me O Thou Great Redeamer

I believe it was Charles who recommended I Was Glad for Kate to walk down the aisle to

A coronation anthem fitting to her marriage to a future king.

I loved the I was Glad choice. Fitting and a beautiful song.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Majesty

What do you think of having a Psalm from the Old Testament sung as a solo during the service?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
What do you think of having a Psalm from the Old Testament sung as a solo during the service?
There was some surprise when there was no soloist at the Cambridge wedding. We will have to see if Harry will follow the root of his dad and other senior weddings that included a soloist. I don't know about it being a psalm though.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

I highly doubt Meghan would, but I hope she doesn't vow to obey like some royal brides have.

I would love to see Guy being in the bridal procession!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:13 PM
Majesty

The Anthem at the wedding , This is the Day Which the Lord Hath Made, was composed especially for the occasion by John Rutter. It was commissioned by Westminster Abbey as a wedding present for Prince William and Catherine

I wonder will St Georges do something similar for Harry and Meghan

Closed Thread