The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Well I wouldn't care ...that's totally up to her. Meghan reportedly loves pansy's (IIRC) ..about the only thing I'm sure of is that she will have a twig of Myrtle which is traditional for brides in the BRF.

LaRae
Peonies.

MTSMTSMTS

Old 12-28-2017, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Peonies. And people based it on one Instagram post when she was swooning over a bouquet from Harry. They may be her favorite flowers, but we don't know based on one post. I am sure if they were any kind of flower, she would have swooned over them from the man she loves, even if not favorite.
More like six or seven Instagram posts featuring peonies. One cryptically thanked someone else for giving them to her (that's the one we now know must have been a message to Harry early in their dating), but she'd previously posted about how she treated herself every week or so to a bouquet of flowers, and that the workers at the shop where she bought them sometimes set peonies aside for her because they knew they were her favorites.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah...yeah, I am not a big flower person, I do like yellow roses but really I prefer other flowers. Still if the DH sends me flowers I love them whatever they are because he took time to send them!

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Peonies.

MTSMTSMTS

I knew it was a P flower!!!

Ok what is MTSMTSMTS?

LaRae
Old 12-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I knew it was a P flower!!!

Ok what is MTSMTSMTS?

LaRae
Message too short.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

LOL I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be getting from that reference....

LaRae
Old 12-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I'm pretty sure Jessica Mulroney's daughter would be chosen over someone's daughter from the cast of Suits.
I didn't know how close Meghan and Harry were with the Mulroneys, but it appears that they are quite close with one another. I just thought it would be a nice idea to have a child of one of the Suits actors there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Peonies. And people based it on one Instagram post when she was swooning over a bouquet from Harry. They may be her favorite flowers, but we don't know based on one post. I am sure if they were any kind of flower, she would have swooned over them from the man she loves, even if not favorite.

But yes, the myrtle tradition is likely to continue on.

I guess if Meghan wants a pink rose in her bouquet she may choose one of the queen's roses above. But I don't see her going out of her way to choose those specific ones. A rose in itself would be a nice nod to the queen and country.
They are her favorites. She spoke about it and she has many pictures with them.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I didn't know how close Meghan and Harry were with the Mulroneys, but it appears that they are quite close with one another. I just thought it would be a nice idea to have a child of one of the Suits actors there.
If she did have one it will likely be Sarah's daughter. They are close and she used to post about her daughter a bit. I think the main issue would be if the parents are comfortable with the high level of attention but I think there is a greater chance her goddaughters will be in it more especially Ivy.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, the first real conundrum for a newly married couple is which side of the family does one spend the actual Christmas Day with. Solved that problem easy. Told his side we were going to my side and told my side we were going to his side. Went to friend's house, had fried chicken and played cards. Of course that was before the grandchildren arrived. Then it was both sides in one day.

Sometimes its the people you are the closest to that are your family. Blood may be thicker than water but love embraces all.

My husband and I have our family Christmas get togethers and then we get together and open gifts with a large family that we go to church with. We love our family but we actually enjoy our get together with our friends more than the ones with our family.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

You girls who get sent flowers by your husbands are lucky. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary next year, and mine has never sent me flowers. Not that I am a real flower person anyway.

I wonder how big Meghan's bouquet will be. Large one seem to have gone out of fashion. Also it could be a teardrop shape or just a hand-tied posy which seems to be more trendy nowadays. (I had a teardrop bouquet when I got married but for our vow renewal I'm having a hand-tied posy, already got it as it's silk flowers).
Old 12-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
They are her favorites. She spoke about it and she has many pictures with them.
She has mentioned them 3 times that I can find. Yes, she indeed seems to love them. Whether they are her 'favorite' stands to be seen. She also likes sweet peas, roses and tulips it seems. We will have to wait and see what she chooses for her boquet.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post

My husband and I have our family Christmas get togethers and then we get together and open gifts with a large family that we go to church with. We love our family but we actually enjoy our get together with our friends more than the ones with our family.
We usually stay with my mum for a couple of nights just before Christmas, then on Christmas itself it is just me, my husband and our pet rats. This year I had to go to my mum's alone as hubby just started a new job in retail and couldn't get time off. I saw my mum and her fella and on Xmas Eve my sister came over so I was able to give her our presents, then I got home Christmas Eve. I like actual Christmas to be just us and our pets, like quiet holidays.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirrel View Post
You girls who get sent flowers by your husbands are lucky. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary next year, and mine has never sent me flowers. Not that I am a real flower person anyway.

I wonder how big Meghan's bouquet will be. Large one seem to have gone out of fashion. Also it could be a teardrop shape or just a hand-tied posy which seems to be more trendy nowadays. (I had a teardrop bouquet when I got married but for our vow renewal I'm having a hand-tied posy, already got it as it's silk flowers).
Princess Squrirel-Like you we're celebrating our 20th anniversary so let me extend my congratulations to you and your spouse.
In 1998 the teardrop shape was still in style here in the U.S. but the hand tied bouquets were just coming into fashion. Since my sister-in-law provide all of the flowers as our wedding gift, I opted for her suggestion of the hand tied style. My original bouquet went to a family member's grave, but she created a second bouquet for me to keep. I dried it and it lasted for years until the day my two cats knocked it off the dresser and it fell apart. Perhaps I should have opted for silk!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Princess Squrirel-Like you we're celebrating our 20th anniversary so let me extend my congratulations to you and your spouse.
In 1998 the teardrop shape was still in style here in the U.S. but the hand tied bouquets were just coming into fashion. Since my sister-in-law provide all of the flowers as our wedding gift, I opted for her suggestion of the hand tied style. My original bouquet went to a family member's grave, but she created a second bouquet for me to keep. I dried it and it lasted for years until the day my two cats knocked it off the dresser and it fell apart. Perhaps I should have opted for silk!
Congratulations to you both too! You should consider renewing your vows too maybe. I am inviting mostly different guests to the renewal. My sister didn't come to the wedding, my mum's fella wasn't with her then, my closest friends we didn't know then, and some of my family members I didn't invite, like my aunt, who I knew would never travel down to London. So we are doing the renewal at the registry office where my mum lives. I know the silver anniversary might be considered by some to be a more suitable occasion to renew, but my aunt will be 83 and my mum's fella nearly 80 next year, and I don't want to risk them not being around. Oh and also my sister-in-law is bringing her husband to the renewal who wasn't married to her at the time of our wedding.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Actually 13 posts in 2016 featuring peonies.

Including one with the caption "extra special thanks to Anna at my neighborhood flower shop for finding peonies for me because she knows how much I love them!!!"

So I think it's fair to say that people who suspect her favourite flowers are peonies aren't out in left field.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Commoner

Verygood look

Quote:
Yes, white gloves are part of the field marshal uniform (what he wears as captain general).

Philp in his uniform with gloves

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4461814508.jpg

Though I don't think, I could be wrong, that he may wear them at the wedding.
That would make for a good look with an ivory-or awhite wedding gown.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When thinking of Meghan's bridal bouquet, only one flower came to mind that I thought would be very fitting. I'd like to see Forget-Me-Nots in it. Those flowers have special meaning for Harry as its what Sentebale means. They were used extensively in the entry Harry worked on for the Chelsea Flower Show one year.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

Do the royal family have a specific florist that they always use?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Actually 13 posts in 2016 featuring peonies.

Including one with the caption "extra special thanks to Anna at my neighborhood flower shop for finding peonies for me because she knows how much I love them!!!"

So I think it's fair to say that people who suspect her favourite flowers are peonies aren't out in left field.
The other 11 posts included roses, tulips, daisies and plenty of other flowers. 2 specifically mention peonies

I will say 'yes they are her absolute favorite flowers' because I grow tired of people trying to convince me they know her personally and know they are her favorite. So by all means you win, I bow down, hopefully this tiresome need to prove me wrong can end.

Quote:
When thinking of Meghan's bridal bouquet, only one flower came to mind that I thought would be very fitting. I'd like to see Forget-Me-Nots in it. Those flowers have special meaning for Harry as its what Sentebale means. They were used extensively in the entry Harry worked on for the Chelsea Flower Show one year.
Forget me nots would indeed be a nice touch.

They are a beautiful color as well and would look fantastic in a bouquet.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She has mentioned them 3 times that I can find. Yes, she indeed seems to love them. Whether they are her 'favorite' stands to be seen. She also likes sweet peas, roses and tulips it seems. We will have to wait and see what she chooses for her boquet.
Meghan has definitely posted a lot of peonies on her IG. She might have posted other flowers, but peonies were quite frequent and definitely consistent.

Closed Thread