The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Harry is very charismatic and marketable. Other than his grandmother, brother, paternal aunt, and paternal cousins removed (Alexandra and Marie-Christine) he is the most popular royal.

He deserves the spotlight of the decade, and in a time when Britain and the world is going through tensions and economic and social division like never seen before, it is time for some majestic world joy.

St. Paul's.
Umm, marketable?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. And economics plays into to it the opposite way. Security costs would be higher with St Paul's. And the venue is too large anyway.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually William and Catherine's announcement said:
'The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Ah... gotcha. I must have missed that reading the announcement. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Yes, I noticed but perhaps that's because they hadn't yet decided on a location? The balcony kiss is the main reason I want a WA wedding as well. I'm prepared for St. George's but I'll hold out a little hope until it's confirmed.
The wedding date etc for William and Catherine's wedding were also released a few days after the actual engagement, so I don't think how not having that as the focus today has a bearing with what will be happening. I have been counting on a May wedding at St George's... We'll see what they announce later this week.

I am quite sure the two of them and key people within the family and household already know the details but they just haven't been shared yet.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looks like we are supposed to find out tomorrow about the time/place.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Looks like we are supposed to find out tomorrow about the time/place.

LaRae
As they also thought the engagement announcement was to be on Friday, I'd like to keep the options open. Maybe tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, certainly in the next few days (fot that I go by the timeline of W&C)
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I am quite sure the two of them and key people within the family and household already know the details but they just haven't been shared yet.
Yeps. They've been getting their ducks in a row for a while already and its just now that them there ducks are starting to quack.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
As they also thought the engagement announcement was to be on Friday, I'd like to keep the options open. Maybe tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, certainly in the next few days (fot that I go by the timeline of W&C)
This info came from Camilla T (interview she did today) and she's been pretty accurate on their story. But we'll know tomorrow if she's right or not!

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Basically, the announcement from the Prince of Wales today was almost word for word identical to the one he issued when William and Kate got engaged. No particulars other than just the announcement that they are engaged was made.
There was one big difference; in Wm and Kate's announcement, it said they would live in Wales after the marriage; in this one, it says Harry and Meghan will live in Nottingham Cottage. Not when.

I wish the couple well; they had an articulate and charming interview. I too think it will be St George's in May so it will be interesting to see.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Majesty

Do you believe that some of Prince Philip's relatives from Germany will be invited?
Old 11-27-2017, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
There was one big difference; in Wm and Kate's announcement, it said they would live in Wales after the marriage; in this one, it says Harry and Meghan will live in Nottingham Cottage. Not when.

I wish the couple well; they had an articulate and charming interview. I too think it will be St George's in May so it will be interesting to see.
She already moved in...
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The wedding date etc for William and Catherine's wedding were also released a few days after the actual engagement, so I don't think how not having that as the focus today has a bearing with what will be happening. I have been counting on a May wedding at St George's... We'll see what they announce later this week.

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree, although the focus here was on the location which we knew for Will and Kate the day they announced their engagement but we don't yet know for Harry and Meghan. Hence, my response.

They may have already had some idea but I wouldn't be surprised if certain things weren't set in stone, so to speak.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post

That’s likely because Meghan has already moved into Nottingham Cottage.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
That’s likely because Meghan has already moved into Nottingham Cottage.
They even told us in the interview that they've been living there together. The two words "our cottage" kind of gave it away.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I'm thinking Mia Tindall would make an adorable (if rambunctious) flower girl while Savannah and Isla Phillips would make lovely junior bridesmaids. Maybe Viscount Severn as a page boy? You could also have Robert and Rose Fellowes, the grandchildren of Baroness Fellowes, or Rosemary and Henry Hutt, the grandchildren of Lady McCorquodale. It would be a nice gesture to include some of the Spencer cousins in the bridal party.
And hopefully some kids on Meghan's side of the family. I really would be irritated to see a whole wedding and no representation from Meghan's side of the family other than her parents. She has young godchildren and cousins on her side.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Oh, I don't necessarily disagree, although the focus here was on the location which we knew for Will and Kate the day they announced their engagement but we don't yet know for Harry and Meghan. Hence, my response.

They may have already had some idea but I wouldn't be surprised if certain things weren't set in stone, so to speak.
However, weren't there still at least two options within London; or was it clear from the start that London meant Westminster Abbey (and not St Paul's)?

My main message was that not announcing the location today doesn't necessarily imply it will be St George's (nor that it will be the Abbey).
Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 PM

I'm putting the date as May 26th the last Saturday in May which is also the start of a 3 day weekend in America for Memorial Day.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you believe that some of Prince Philip's relatives from Germany will be invited?

It would depend on the size of the wedding, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

In attendance at William and Kate’s wedding was:

- Philip and Xenia of Hohenlohe-Landenburg and their spouses, grandchildren of the DoE’s eldest sister, Margarita
- Maximilian and Margarita of Baden and his wife, grandchildren of the DoE’s second sister, Theodora
- Karl Adolf of Hesse and his wife, son of the DoE’s youngest sister, Sophie.

The only sibling not represented was Cecilie, who has no surviving descendants.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
However, weren't there still at least two options within London; or was it clear from the start that London meant Westminster Abbey (and not St Paul's)?

My main message was that not announcing the location today doesn't necessarily imply it will be St George's (nor that it will be the Abbey).
Well I agree with that.

I think most assumed that WA was the only realistic option for Will and Kate.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
I would imagine the ones that Charles/Harry are close with would be invited. I know several of Philip's nephews and their families were at Windsor last week for the 70th wedding anniversary.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling
I would think that if that were the weekend, the castle would have to be closed longer than one day for security reasons. In Washington, DC, security officials often close off areas for days before a large event.

Closed Thread