Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Grace Kelly have MGM costume designed create her dress specifically so it would look good on TV and news reels?

Given that the world less those 800 people in the church will be viewing this wedding via TV or the internet, it just makes sense to use hair, make-up, costumers, set designers, etc from her previous life to help create what is effectively a massive live show.

I think people are incorrectly confusing make-up artists' abilities with make-up artists' styles.
Common sense tells us that the style of make-up that will be used by Meghan on her wedding day will be different from the style of make-up she used while on the set of Suits - this will be the case whether her wedding day make-up is applied by a Suits make-up artist or someone else.

Ultimately, Meghan will decide what style it is. Not the makeup artist. The makeup artist get her there. Now, on the way there, there are things like what type of foundation works best for her skin but still works well under the lights and in St. George’s chapel and so on for other makeup issues. They would need to scout out the same location and overall feel of the wedding like any other makeup artist would, but they have the advantage of know what works best for Meghan. The face is like a canvas when it comes to makeup. Not only do you have to know the makeup, you have to know the canvas as well to achieve the best look.

Didn't Grace Kelly have MGM costume designed create her dress specifically so it would look good on TV and news reels?

Given that the world less those 800 people in the church will be viewing this wedding via TV or the internet, it just makes sense to use hair, make-up, costumers, set designers, etc from her previous life to help create what is effectively a massive live show.

It isnt a ‘massive live show’, or a ‘production’ - it is a religious ceremony of marriage taking place in a church.

And it has to be treated like that by all of those involved. At least Meghan knows that - after all she is converting to the Anglican religion.

It isnt a ‘massive live show’, or a ‘production’ - it is a religious ceremony of marriage taking place in a church.

And it has to be treated like that by all of those involved. At least Meghan knows that - after all she is converting to the Anglican religion.

The two don’t conflict. It is going to be watched around the world with huge audiences and media around the world are flying in to cover it. That’s just the way it is.

So, it is official. The Obamas will not be coming to the wedding. BP confirmed it.

Probably for the better, if the intent is a low-key affair.

So, it is official. The Obamas will not be coming to the wedding. BP confirmed it.

Can you cite the sources for this information please? Curious minds need to know. :D

The day I'll believe anything out of Sebastian Shakespeare's mouth is the day that I buy swampland in Florida on purpose.

Just was curious as Leopoldine stated that BP confirmed this little tidbit.

It won't surprise me one bit though if the Obamas are not invited. I think a lot of people and the media have construed a good working relationship for common causes into a personal friendship and I don't believe that is the case.

I didn’t see a confirmation. Just the KP wouldn’t announce details about the wedding. And it seems unlikely BP would be the one to make the announcement. I’m sure they are aware beforehand, but it seems the way the communication is organized is the Palace office for the specific royal would make announcement related to them.

And in the same article, he talked about Shakira being Meghan’s favorite pop star because she once audition for a Shakira video. That’s... not accurate. Anytime Meghan has been interviewed or written on The Tig, I don’t think I’ve seen a Shakira song.

Last edited:
I didn’t see a confirmation. Just the KP wouldn’t announce details about the wedding. And it seems unlikely BP would be the one to make the announcement. I’m sure they are aware beforehand, but it seems the way the communication is organized is the Palace office for the specific royal would make announcement related to them.

And in the same article, he talked about Shakira being Meghan’s favorite pop star because she once audition for a Shakira video. That’s... not accurate. Anytime Meghan has been interviewed or written on The Tig, I don’t think I’ve seen a Shakira song.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply the article contained a confirmation from BP. I posted it because I assumed it misled others in thinking the story had been confirmed. You're right -any announcements & details re the wedding will come from KP anyway.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply the article contained a confirmation from BP. I posted it because I assumed it misled others in thinking the story had been confirmed. You're right -any announcements & details re the wedding will come from KP anyway.

Oh, I know you didn’t, but there is a post before that said BP did. That’s what I was referring to in the first paragraph. I went back to talking about the article after that. :lol:

I read the Fail's article and it's supposition. And I agree, an official statement would have come from KP. I do believe a decision has been made on Obama at the wedding. I base it on Trump's withdrawal from the dedication ceremony for the new US embassy in London. Trump blamed a "bad deal" for the embassy property under the Obama administration. (Actually the sale was done under Obama's predecessor, Bush 43.) PM May was asked by a reporter if Trump should be invited to the wedding. May said she is not responsible for the guest list. I believe all parties involved know Trump is not on the guest list (it's not a state occasion) and Obama may come because of the friendship between Harry and him and they are trying to calm diplomatic waters before the meetings at Davos this week. I don't mean to bring politics into this issue but apparently politics is being played here, and that's a shame.

KP or Clarence house would make any official announcement of the wedding. More likely KP as that is where Harry's office is, or Clarence for his father. BP would not be making any statements on the wedding.

I think once again DM is taking a calculated risk. There is a high chance the Obamas may not be invited due to the political issues around it. Hopefully it comes down to what the couple wants and we see them. The DM is just as always staking their bets, hoping to get the scoop. They will find some way to back peddle as always, if they prove to be wrong.

One thing that probably would be detrimental to having the Obamas attend the wedding regardless of whether its political or based on personal friendship is the fact that we're talking even more security here.

From what I understand, not only will Scotland Yard/Metropolitan Police be required to beef up security around the Obamas (they have a special department for protection officers for visiting VIPs, but also there is the cost of the Secret Service personnel that would have to be included. Even though Barack Obama has left office, he will continue to have Secret Service protection for the rest of his life.

One thing for sure is that if the Obamas or any other prominent person will be attending the wedding, its not going to be made public and kept under wraps for the simple reason that its safer for all concerned that these things are not announced.

Just my take on it.

:previous: The security for a former President is significantly less than a sitting President. In fact, lifetime secret service protection for Bush 43 and subsequent presidents were only reinstated in 2013 by Obama. Before that, the rule was changed in 90s to allow only 10 years after the President leaves the office.

I read the Fail's article and it's supposition. And I agree, an official statement would have come from KP. I do believe a decision has been made on Obama at the wedding. I base it on Trump's withdrawal from the dedication ceremony for the new US embassy in London. Trump blamed a "bad deal" for the embassy property under the Obama administration. (Actually the sale was done under Obama's predecessor, Bush 43.) PM May was asked by a reporter if Trump should be invited to the wedding. May said she is not responsible for the guest list. I believe all parties involved know Trump is not on the guest list (it's not a state occasion) and Obama may come because of the friendship between Harry and him and they are trying to calm diplomatic waters before the meetings at Davos this week. I don't mean to bring politics into this issue but apparently politics is being played here, and that's a shame.
I don’t think we can read indications about the wedding based on Trump’s cancelled visit. I doubt he’d know of Obama is invited and there are other things at play with that.

I don’t think we can read indications about the wedding based on Trump’s cancelled visit. I doubt he’d know of Obama is invited and there are other things at play with that.

Not on the cancelled visit, but I'm sure Trump will know whether the Obamas are there and is almost guaranteed to react if they are there. The insulting things he has said about the family in the past won't even enter the equation in his reaction.

What a busy year for the Royals. 2 weddings and two babies. I do wonder of Meghan and Harry as a little bit thrilled some focus is a little off their wedding though not by much. They can have a few days of breathing room.

I suspect we likely will hear more plans in the next month. The Royal PR game in overtime.

What a busy year for the Royals. 2 weddings and two babies. I do wonder of Meghan and Harry as a little bit thrilled some focus is a little off their wedding though not by much. They can have a few days of breathing room.

I suspect we likely will hear more plans in the next month. The Royal PR game in overtime.

IKR? Lots of fun, lots of photo ops.

Oh, good grief! I've seen pearls clutched about all sorts of things, but I never imagined I'd see it spurred on by the idea that a royal might opt to use professional hair and makeup people who are in the part of the industry that has to be particularly agile and adaptable to various conditions and styles.

This would be a silly conversation even if we were talking about her bringing in strangers who've worked in TV to do her hair and makeup. I seriously doubt she'd be the first royal bride to do that, if so. But in this case the artists in question are the people with whom she's built a longstanding working relationship. They know her skin, they know her hair (probably even better than she does, really), and more importantly they've been the people around her on days when she got ready to shoot difficult scenes, the people who helped her get ready to work when she'd just gotten off from redeye flights back from visiting Harry...quite likely they're friends, and who doesn't find comfort from having friends on hand while getting ready for their wedding?

Not that we even know for sure that she's talking about bringing them in. And as someone else pointed out, we'll probably never know who does her hair and makeup on the day.

Time to move on - let's get back to other elements of the wedding to discuss.

Funny, but who is representing the doll with the brown hair?:D

I happen to think the wedding ceremony will be similar to the Earl and Countess of Wessex wedding in 1999. You can go on YouTube to watch their wedding at St. George’s and the Chapel make the best venue for an elegant and intimate wedding.

I think if the Cambridge’s were allowed to get away with it, they would’ve had their wedding there.

I just hope the congregation will be able to see the ceremony on set up tv screens.

Last edited:
I know it's flashy (suits Monaco) but I love it. :flowers: All that pink and ocean motif. Anyone know what kind of cake it was? Plus the smaller one they are cutting which doesn't look as interesting?

I loved their cake too. This is the only thing I could find about theirs

Their wedding cake was the centerpiece of the reception. In addition to the 110 pounds of strawberries, the cake also featured 2,000 edible flowers including Proteas, South Africa's national flower. Most of the ingredients were picked from Roc Agel, the estate that Monaco's Prince Rainier III gave to Grace Kelly as a wedding present in 1956.

I find Will and Kate's so boring. The British weddings seem to be white: white flowers, white cakes, white...... I am hoping Meghan and Harry break a few moulds in cake and flowers. Or at least Eugenie. Hope at least one if not both weddings break out a bit.

I know it's flashy (suits Monaco) but I love it. :flowers: All that pink and ocean motif. Anyone know what kind of cake it was? Plus the smaller one they are cutting which doesn't look as interesting?

I really like Madeline and Chris's. It looks like it wasn't really cake but a artful display of macarons. Cake is always so disappointing/overrated as a food, but macarons are consistently delicious little delights!

I really like Madeline and Chris's. It looks like it wasn't really cake but a artful display of macarons. Cake is always so disappointing/overrated as a food, but macarons are consistently delicious little delights!

I agree, as a personal fan of macarons I thought Madeleine and Chris's cake was fun and creative. It was modern without being too overboard, unlike Albert and Charlene's, which was a bit too flashy for me, but as others have said; that's Monaco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom