The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But they are both married.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried women, and the BRF mostly sticks to tradition, I believe.
But Maids of Honour are married women and can be attendants at weddings. Brides can have what they like, royal or otherwise.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Possibly Ms Markle could incorporate the 'masks of Comedy and Tragedy' in her Coat of Arms to reflect her career as an actress, as well as something American ?
I like that idea...it could look quite nice too. Not sure on the 'American' symbol...so many she could go with.

LaRae

Old 12-20-2017, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Oh yes. That will be a moment to look for too. I bet Harry won't be able NOT to look when she walks down the aisle. He had a peek for Kate too, but for his own wife, he'll surely look.
Nah, he wonít. Itís different than when he was Williamís supporter, but itíll take everything in him not to look. He seems to generally look for where Meghan is whenever they are in close proximity. But this is tradition. Itíll probably be the longest few seconds of his life though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I like that idea...it could look quite nice too. Not sure on the 'American' symbol...so many she could go with.

LaRae
She might pick something representative of Toronto as well. She seems like to pay homage to her adopted home.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I know she's technically not Royal but Zara had a matron of honor-her best friend Dolly Maude whose son was the pageboy.
I think it would be fine for Meghan too. And you know, the people that would be upset by that--well their opinions probably don't really matter on something like this.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But Maids of Honour are married women and can be attendants at weddings. Brides can have what they like, royal or otherwise.
I assume that you mean Matrons of Honor, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Nah, he wonít. Itís different than when he was Williamís supporter, but itíll take everything in him not to look. He seems to generally look for where Meghan is whenever they are in close proximity. But this is tradition. Itíll probably be the longest few seconds of his life though.
I agree, it will probably feel like five ages instead of five minutes (just picking a random number of minutes that it will take for Meghan to reach Harry at the altar).
Old 12-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Oh yes. That will be a moment to look for too. I bet Harry won't be able NOT to look when she walks down the aisle. He had a peek for Kate too, but for his own wife, he'll surely look.
I just realized that this is a difference between British royal weddings and the weddings I'm used to attending. At the ones I'm used to, the groom stands at the altar facing the congregation and watches his bride approach him every step of the way. Harry did have to peek at Kate.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah that is very different.. Here in America the groom watches his bride walk down the aisle. I don't know how the grooms handle the first moment seeing her being when turns around but I guess that is another special moment. Ready for it!
Old 12-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do think that when that moment comes, they could turn down all the lights to really, really dim and Harry's eyes and his smile will light the room as he first sees his Meghan. I think this moment will be the biggie for me watching the wedding.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Courtier

I think I read somewhere that British grooms not facing the bride was optional, so Harry could watch Meghan walk down the aisle if he wanted? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I know Meghan and Jessica are close but I can't really see Jessica in the matron of honor role. Lindsay seems more likely to me but I wouldn't be shocked if Meghan has no adult bridesmaids.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
they could turn down all the lights to really, really dim
Sweet idea, but not possible.. St Georges is FLOODED with natural light, regardless of artificial sources.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is video from Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding as they depart St. George's Chapel for a ride through Windsor.

It might give us a suggestion as to what Harry and Meghan will do after their ceremony.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Majesty

So there were two carriages. I suppose bridesmaids and family were in the second one. I couldn't see, was it Charles as well?
Old 12-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I think I read somewhere that British grooms not facing the bride was optional, so Harry could watch Meghan walk down the aisle if he wanted? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I know Meghan and Jessica are close but I can't really see Jessica in the matron of honor role. Lindsay seems more likely to me but I wouldn't be shocked if Meghan has no adult bridesmaids.
Meghan was Lindsay's MOH so you probably right. I know she is in the final stages of her pregnancy so she will have some time to recover by then. That is if she even has one but I would imagine she would like that.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
So there were two carriages. I suppose bridesmaids and family were in the second one. I couldn't see, was it Charles as well?
Curryong-While watching the video I believe that I saw Charles and Andrew in the carriage with the young attendants. I didn't see any other family in landaus or carriages for the procession through Windsor. The Queen and DoE returned to the Castle but didn't follow the couple or the attendants including Charles and Andrew. (I'm sure that was his bald spot and he was wearing light grey that day.)

Here is a second video that shows them in the streets around Windsor. Start at minute 22:00.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Actually it really isn't tradition for the groom not to watch his bride walk down the aisle. At least not one the royals stick to. I heard William and Kate really wanted to do it that way because she didn't want him to see her until she got to the alter, and he didn't really want everyone seeing him react to her walking down the aisle. But other royal grooms absolutely have watched their brides walk down the aisle. Edward did when he married Sophie. Andrew did when he married Sarah. I believe Prince Charles did when he married Diana. Just knowing what we do of Harry, I can't imagine he won't want to as well.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

No matter what he decides, I bet his eyes glisten. I just think they will.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Could Meghan's mother and father both walk their daughter down the aisle?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The downside of Harry facing the congregation is that we might not get to see the first moment he sees her in his wedding dress as I'm sure the camera would be focused on her as she walks the down the aisle. But I want to see that first moment dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Could Meghan's mother and father both walk their daughter down the aisle?
That's an interesting thought. Harry did ask for both of their permission.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would really love to see that happen. Then when the celebrant asks "Who gives this woman in marriage", Tom and Doria say "We do". Its a possibility as we know that her parents have quite an amicable divorce.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. Harry did ask for both of their permission.
Or maybe Doria just does it. Now that would be interesting.

Closed Thread