The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Everyone has to eat- so what is the problem with sharing a meal after the rehearsal?
Apparently it's something that the British "just don't do". That's all I got. (Even though I've been reading that more American traditions have been making their way across the Pond.)

They may not even want one. But if they do, I don't see the big deal.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan's COA would be up to the queen. The grizzly bear is the state animal of California; it could be used . The American Beauty rose is the national flower of the US. That flower can be incorporated in the COA and her wedding bouquet. As for her title, Princess Grace and Queen Noor set the precedent on how an American born woman who is/was royal are to be addressed.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Courtier

And again, the US is huge, so going with one flower seems to make less sense than going with something regional or native, which the American Beauty rose is not. But what do I know? I'm really just another uninformed American babbling on the internet.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If Meghan has all children (which I think might be best), someone will have to take charge
of them (Like Kate did for Pippa's wedding).
Maybe her wedding-planner friend?
What wedding planner friend? She has a stylist friend Jessica. Am I missing someone?

Why would her maid of honor not do that? Pippa did for Kate. Or is some how Meghan going to offend someone by having a maid of honor? I don't see how that could be too unBritish to offend someone, Kate had one.

The rehersal dinner is a laugh. I am sorry but how can anyone get so upset by the thought there may be one? Its people getting together for dinner. How is that insulting or offensive or whatever the issue people are having is? The queen hosted a dinner for out of town royal guests. Meghan is going to have a large number of out of country guests. I don't see why it would offend anyone if they went out to eat the night before.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

Imho there definitely will be a wedding rehearsal(s), and rehearsal dinner. None of this clashes with any traditions. No one in Britain will care if Meghan and Harry will have a rehearsal dinner with the wedding party. This is THEIR wedding, and like others have said, unless it clashes with some protocols, they'll get their way. Rehearsals and rehearsal dinners aren't clashing with anything. Jmo.

I can't wait to see firstly Meghan in her dress, but also Harry in his uniform. He will be so handsome.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the issue (maybe?) is because her friends are not accustomed to the ways? Having her BFF child wrangle little nobles seems like a no no? That is just a guess. I fully believe that Jessica will be by her side like Pippa was for Kate. Meghan said in an interview that Jessica was her sister (her kids call Meghan their aunt) as she was felt like an only child growing up. When I read that interview I was kind of surprised since I knew she had half siblings but now it makes all the sense in the world.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post

I can't wait to see firstly Meghan in her dress, but also Harry in his uniform. He will be so handsome.
I CAN’T WAIT to see Harry’s reaction when he sees Meghan in her wedding dress. I think we are going see some misty prince eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I think the issue (maybe?) is because her friends are not accustomed to the ways? Having her BFF child wrangle little nobles seems like a no no? That is just a guess. I fully believe that Jessica will be by her side like Pippa was for Kate. Meghan said in an interview that Jessica was her sister (her kids call Meghan their aunt) as she was felt like an only child growing up. When I read that interview I was kind of surprised since I knew she had half siblings but now it makes all the sense in the world.
I think it’s a toss up between Meghan’s niece, Jessica, and Lindsay.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah, Lindsay. Yes. Will be interesting to see who she picks. I forget out of her father's side she is very close to her niece. Seems to be the only one. Though I still think it will likely be Jessica or Lindsay. They are her girls and the ones who have been with her everything it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I CAN’T WAIT to see Harry’s reaction when he sees Meghan in her wedding dress. I think we are going see some misty prince eyes.
I can't wait for that moment. Which wedding was it where the tear was wiped away by the bride? That is what I picture. I remember how Harry saw Kate and told William "Just wait until you see her." I want that moment for Harry. He couldn't even handle hearing the world "husband" so I imagine that moment seeing her will be something out of this world for him.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think it’s a toss up between Meghan’s niece, Jessica, and Lindsay.
Honestly Jessica and Linsday IMO. Yes, Meghan has mentioned support of her niece on social media, but little more. I haven't seen much evidence, other then reporters doing stories, that she is that close to her niece at all. Both Lindsday and Jessica are extremely close friends of hers, basically family.

Quote:
Have her friends never been around children before? I don't see how it is a no no. Many American weddings have flower girls and kids in them. Jessica is certainly a mom, and her daughter is highly likely to be in the wedding party, which would make even more sense for Jessica to do it.

The reality is this is not a private wedding where the child wrangler can simply be off to the side. Cameras in the church and all. There wont be an 'unofficial' role.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course they have been around children. I personally don't see the issue but I can see some having issue with some basic commoner wrangling kids of noble blood. You know how people get. I mean sheesh there has been debate over something as simple as a rehearsal dinner.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Of course they have been around children. I personally don't see the issue but I can see some having issue with some basic commoner wrangling kids of noble blood. You know how people get. I mean sheesh there has been debate over something as simple as a rehearsal dinner. Haha.
Pippa was a commoner and no one had an issue with her wrangling Louise and the other kids at her sister's wedding.

Its highly unlikely, other then the Cambridges, that the children will be aristocratic anyways. Harry and Meghan have plenty of godchildren and friends to pick from their kids. Harry's friends don't tend to be titled, upper class gentry yes, but not aristocracy.

This isn't the 19th century when a duke wouldn't want 'lowly commoners' near their child.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa was also her sister. I actually agree with you but I also realize some could have issue with it. I think overall most won't care. I predict Jessica's daughter Isabel will have a role in the wedding alongside Charlotte and George. Also Heather Dorak is another close friend of hers who will likely be around in her close circle offering support that day.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:54 AM
Courtier

With respect to Meghan's COA, if there is a floral element to it, I would go with a California golden poppy over the American Beauty rose.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I can't wait for that moment. Which wedding was it where the tear was wiped away by the bride? That is what I picture. I remember how Harry saw Kate and told William "Just wait until you see her." I want that moment for Harry. He couldn't even handle hearing the world "husband" so I imagine that moment seeing her will be something out of this world for him.
I believe that wedding where the bride wiped tears from her husband's face was Victoria and Daniel of Sweden. That for me was the most romantic wedding ever, they really showed their deep lasting love for each other that day and have not stopped since.

Harry will have tears for sure as he is the one that gets going when he is happy and in love......so many of his pictures show him really just one of the guys with his feelings.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Previous ..Fred shed tears while waiting for Mary to join him And I think he and Mary had a little cry at Victoria’s wedding
Old 12-20-2017, 03:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Apparently it's something that the British "just don't do". That's all I got. (Even though I've been reading that more American traditions have been making their way across the Pond.)

They may not even want one. But if they do, I don't see the big deal.

I don't either. I've never met a British person, but I assume that in general, they're reasonable people and not easily offended. So much of things is going to be a one way street for her changing her life, that I would hope that if she did have a rehearsal dinner, that most people would be able to say, "this won't affect her representing the country or being a good royal, so even if it's not typical, we won't be offended by something that is not offensive by any stretch of the imagination."

And, of course, she may not have one. But, if I were her, I'd be scared to move with the theoretical offenses that hypothetical people may have. Maybe I'd send a questionnaire to every citizen detailing every possible decision I might make and ask them if they'd be okay with it.

Or, I'd just run away, screaming.

Also, if people are going to be offended I'd expect it to be for things done at the actual wedding itself.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Possibly Ms Markle could incorporate the 'masks of Comedy and Tragedy' in her Coat of Arms to reflect her career as an actress, as well as something American ?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh yes. That will be a moment to look for too. I bet Harry won't be able NOT to look when she walks down the aisle. He had a peek for Kate too, but for his own wife, he'll surely look.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 AM
Royal Highness

Well, Harry, if you ever read here (not likely ), here's your manual for what you should do on your wedding day and even before you have seen your bride.
You don't have to think about anything, the groundwork is being laid for you here

Seriously though, I want them to just be Harry and Meghan. Not a copy of behavior we've seen elsewhere (Victoria/Daniel, Frederik/Mary). Inspiration great, but that's it.
And I don't think any of us have to worry about that, we've seen as much so far.

Is it May 19th yet??? (No Skippy, it's not)
Old 12-20-2017, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly Jessica and Linsday IMO. Yes, Meghan has mentioned support of her niece on social media, but little more. I haven't seen much evidence, other then reporters doing stories, that she is that close to her niece at all. Both Lindsday and Jessica are extremely close friends of hers, basically family.
But they are both married.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried women, and the BRF mostly sticks to tradition, I believe.

Closed Thread