Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's most likely that Meghan will have peonies feature somewhere at her wedding (be it in the bouquet or in the room decor), as IIRC they are her favourite flowers.

My ideal wedding bouquet would be a mixture of blue and pink hydrangea with some lily-of-the-valley in the mix.

Peonies and forget me nots would look beautiful combined.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/1b/1e/b41b1e43c654855ba911ac4c03132eef.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/52/47/2d/...d20de--santorini-wedding-bouquet-of-roses.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cd/b5/4b/...t-me-not-flowers-wedding-white-ranunculus.jpg

They could easily be used in both the décor and the bouquet. It seems common to use the same flowers for both (not always).

All bouquets pictured are very pretty. :flowers: Not 100% keen on the 3rd bouquet but still pretty.

Lovely arrangements. :flowers: Which brings up the issue of color scheme. Wonder what she will choose. Do we have an idea of what are her favorite colors?

I highly doubt Meghan would, but I hope she doesn't vow to obey like some royal brides have.

I would love to see Guy being in the bridal procession!

Well, no one has yet confirmed whether or not Guy was injured (as reported in December), so I seriously doubt the little fur fella is going to be at Harkle's wedding.

I don't even think Guy stays at KP with Meghan and Harry either. I just don't get that impression. It would be nice to see a picture of Harry and Meghan with Guy soon, well before their wedding, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, no one has yet confirmed whether or not Guy was injured (as reported in December), so I seriously doubt the little fur fella is going to be at Harkle's wedding.

I don't even think Guy stays at KP with Meghan and Harry either. I just don't get that impression. It would be nice to see a picture of Harry and Meghan with Guy soon, well before their wedding, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why wouldn’t Guy live with Meghan and Harry. There is no reason to think otherwise. I’m sure they have people taking care of him if they are both traveling. Otherwise, I don’t see why Meghan would bring him to U.K. if she doesn’t plan on keeping him.

How long are dogs required to be in quarantine? Seems like he'd be there for a while.

All bouquets pictured are very pretty. :flowers: Not 100% keen on the 3rd bouquet but still pretty.

Lovely arrangements. :flowers: Which brings up the issue of color scheme. Wonder what she will choose. Do we have an idea of what are her favorite colors?

DM is saying 'classic white' but considering that basically has been the 'royal color scheme' they aren't taking a chance on making that guess.

If Meghan and Harry really are personalizing the wedding as we are told, going a different color scheme would be a way without ruffling too many feathers. I have never seen anything on a favorite color she may have. Her apartment was a lot of white but with pops of color.

How long are dogs required to be in quarantine? Seems like he'd be there for a while.

Quarantine isn't required with dogs coming from certain countries as long as they have their shots etc. So her dog wasn't quarantined.

LaRae

HE has been in U.K. for awhile by the time the engagement was announced. As long as he had a pet passport and proper treatment, Canada is one of the countries that U.K. doesn’t require quarantine for pets.

Prince Seeiso of Lesotho has been invited to the wedding (with his wife presumably! ) In the latter half of this video the Prince, who has of course been close to Harry since his teens, talks about the script that others had laid out for Harry with regard to his future wife, and about the sort of woman (Meghan) that he chose.

Not surprised. He has known Harry since he was a teenager. I am sure quite a few have already got their invitations.

Not surprised. He has known Harry since he was a teenager. I am sure quite a few have already got their invitations.

It might be a little early for invitations. Probably just save the date or have been informed about the forthcoming invitation.

^^ That is what I meant. Nothing officially as I doubt they have even scratched that guest list but it is pretty standard for them to have a ready made list of "VIPs" they know will be there and extended the save the date as you say.

DM is saying 'classic white' but considering that basically has been the 'royal color scheme' they aren't taking a chance on making that guess.
Yes it is a description that covers a large percentage of North American, western European and British weddings. ;)

One interesting comment is that there is no reason for a US President to be invited unless he is a friend of the couple, and obviously Trump isn't. However, doesn't that open the possibility for Justin Trudeau? As he is a friend of the bride. I'm not sure how close he and Harry are. I know they've met due to IG, but that's about all I know there.

I can definitely see the Trudeaus in attendance.

Yes it is a description that covers a large percentage of North American, western European and British weddings. ;)

An all white color scheme??? Becoming popular yes. Describing a large percent of weddings??? Bit of a stretch don't you think.

Yes, in the UK and other society weddings it seems white bouquets and wedding party (the children) is popular. But the entire décor? No. Certainly not in North America, where adult bridesmaids in white like Pippa would be considered against etiquette (only bride wears white).

In the last year or two a white, green and rustic color scheme has become quite popular certainly. Touches of green for a nature feel. If you look at continental royal weddings you will see color, perhaps not in bouquets but in décor. Soft shades of pinks, yellows and so on.

It certainly would be nice to see a touch of color in the décor for the ceremony and reception.

https://www.elegantweddinginvites.c...0-wedding-color-scheme-ideas-for-2018-trends/

Prince Seeiso of Lesotho has been invited to the wedding (with his wife presumably! ) In the latter half of this video the Prince, who has of course been close to Harry since his teens, talks about the script that others had laid out for Harry with regard to his future wife, and about the sort of woman (Meghan) that he chose.

Not surprised. Predicted if any foreign royal other then the Greeks would be in attendance it would be Seeiso. He hasn't only known Harry since he was a teen, but they created Senteble together.

One interesting comment is that there is no reason for a US President to be invited unless he is a friend of the couple, and obviously Trump isn't. However, doesn't that open the possibility for Justin Trudeau? As he is a friend of the bride. I'm not sure how close he and Harry are. I know they've met due to IG, but that's about all I know there.

It doesn't open the door.....but it certainly doesn't exclude Justin either.

There will be a question though of security and scheduling. And of inviting one PM and not others. We saw that with inviting certain former prime ministers and not all to the Cambridge wedding. In that case they were invited not as former prime ministers, but as members of the garter. I could see a lot of slack 'well why did they invite one PM and not others', ignoring the fact that the Trudeaus are invited for personal reasons.

It doesn't open the door.....but it certainly doesn't exclude Justin either.

There will be a question though of security and scheduling. And of inviting one PM and not others. We saw that with inviting certain former prime ministers and not all to the Cambridge wedding. In that case they were invited not as former prime ministers, but as members of the garter. I could see a lot of slack 'well why did they invite one PM and not others', ignoring the fact that the Trudeaus are invited for personal reasons.
I don’t think there would be any confusion with it by the time wedding rolls around. The palace can easily say he’s invited as a personal friend, and it’s true. There is no reason why it’d be a problem in that regard seeing how this isn’t a state wedding. You add that to the fact that the bride has deep connections to Canada prior to the relationship. They explained the PM situation at Cambridge wedding, they can explain this.

I don’t think there would be any confusion with it by the time wedding rolls around. The palace can easily say he’s invited as a personal friend, and it’s true. There is no reason why it’d be a problem in that regard seeing how this isn’t a state wedding. You add that to the fact that the bride has deep connections to Canada prior to the relationship. They explained the PM situation at Cambridge wedding, they can explain this.

They explained it.....didn't stop the constant talk and articles about the snub to Tony Blair that he wasn't invited.

Not saying Trudeaus wont be invited. I'd like to see them. But its not simple.

:previous: I think the entire Commonwealth knows what's what for the younger son. It's 'private' and that means friends and members of charities. No stuffy olds that neither of the Bridal Couple knows etc. If the odd ex or current politician or churchman show up, it's personal.

In some cases, the faces will be familiar, in others, not so much. But Harry's family is huge, Meghan's is not. Harry's friends are a select few, Meghan's on the other hand, may very well be a lot bigger.

I remember when Victoria and David Beckham finally at William and Catherine's wedding the commentators had been wittering about it since the first guests arrived and They found that for the most part, it was first in best seats. Theirs weren't because they were thinking celebrity not royalty. (oh hats! hope there aren't any fascinators that look like they've been bolted to the forehead like Victoria's did).

As for bridesmaids in white? Lady Sarah Chatto's is still my favourite private royal wedding party. All that white chiffon and flutterings of swans . . .

https://visitbritainnordic.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/lady-sarah-chatto-wedding-shot.jpg

They explained it.....didn't stop the constant talk and articles about the snub to Tony Blair that he wasn't invited.

Not saying Trudeaus wont be invited. I'd like to see them. But its not simple.

Nothing is simple with the press and the BRF knows that better than anyone. Might as well get on with it.

:previous: I think the entire Commonwealth knows what's what for the younger son. It's 'private' and that means friends and members of charities. No stuffy olds that neither of the Bridal Couple knows etc. If the odd ex or current politician or churchman show up, it's personal.

In some cases, the faces will be familiar, in others, not so much. But Harry's family is huge, Meghan's is not. Harry's friends are a select few, Meghan's on the other hand, may very well be a lot bigger.

I remember when Victoria and David Beckham finally at William and Catherine's wedding the commentators had been wittering about it since the first guests arrived and They found that for the most part, it was first in best seats. Theirs weren't because they were thinking celebrity not royalty. (oh hats! hope there aren't any fascinators that look like they've been bolted to the forehead like Victoria's did).

As for bridesmaids in white? Lady Sarah Chatto's is still my favourite private royal wedding party. All that white chiffon and flutterings of swans . . .

https://visitbritainnordic.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/lady-sarah-chatto-wedding-shot.jpg

Yes the trend has existed in the UK for years. Its becoming more on trend for bridal parties to wear white in North America, because of some celebrity weddings and their influence. Still many people think it takes away from the bride. One thing to have little kids in white.

Honestly don't get the 'guests cant wear anything remotely white as it takes away from bride' but the bridal party wears white?? Either should be reserved for bride or not.

I liked Sarah's dresses, but not a fan of adult/teen bridesmaids in white.

Pansys, Mums and Lilies come to mind.

LaRae

That could work too as long as the style/shape of the bouquet works with the dress etc.

LaRae

And seat him in the section with Meghan's friends...

How about a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers from Wild Flower Meadow at Highgrove? I think something like that would totally unique and totally British.

From what I read, daffodils are abundant in the spring in the meadow.

https://www.highgrovegardens.com/about-highgrove-gardens/wildflower-meadow-mix/

It would be a beautiful, and a nice nod to not just Charles, but Harry's childhood home. :flowers:

While roses, lilies and carnations are the 'traditional flowers' wildflowers and others are growing in popularity for bouquets.

https://www.theknot.com/content/top-10-wedding-flowers
Bridal Bouquet Trends 2017 — Bittersweet Gardens

Some really beautiful ways of doing wild flowers or less formal flowers and still looking beautiful.

High grove meadows have daffodils, gladiola, tulips, hyacinth and some lilies.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OMet90s2xc/S_QXqasz9eI/AAAAAAAADjA/IsRcMFqPwyU/s1600/DSC_0333.JPG

https://thenaturalweddingcompany.co...s/2015/02/daffodil_spring_wedding_flowers.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3c/8a/e3/3c8ae3fef22993ef6043027bca87e227.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/76/98/b0/7698b0f72b2115b0e7ddae6dbd0ea728--pink-tulips-white-tulips.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom